How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

In the Netherlands, we did not used to celebrate Halloween. On 11 November, however, you did have Sint Maarten (saint Martin) in some regions, where children with homemade lanterns went past houses to get candy for a song, indeed: also a kind of 'trick or treat,' but without the horror. But now the Halloween festivity is also widespread in the Netherlands. And I love both horror and holidays, so Dutch estate is ready for Halloween!

52416524832_eaba260ae9_o.png

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

In the Netherlands, we did not used to celebrate Halloween. On 11 November, however, you did have Sint Maarten (saint Martin) in some regions, where children with homemade lanterns went past houses to get candy for a song, indeed: also a kind of 'trick or treat,' but without the horror. But now the Halloween festivity is also widespread in the Netherlands. And I love both horror and holidays, so Dutch estate is ready for Halloween!

52416524832_eaba260ae9_o.png

That looks so cool! Im me a lm if it's public.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

That looks so cool! Im me a lm if it's public.

Oh yes, it's public! And not that it's totally Halloween themed, but I decorated the place with some Halloween things. Also, I am not a real designer, I just do what I like and pay more attention to making it feel real - that you can imagine that you really can live there - than necessarily decorative. Anyway, I just swapped the two white swans with black ones, it fits better in Halloween time LOL. Here's the link: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Earp/190/179/45/

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Oh yes, it's public! And not that it's totally Halloween themed, but I decorated the place with some Halloween things. Also, I am not a real designer, I just do what I like and pay more attention to making it feel real - that you can imagine that you really can live there - than necessarily decorative. Anyway, I just swapped the two white swans with black ones, it fits better in Halloween time LOL. Here's the link: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Earp/190/179/45/

It is not entirely true that I throw the photogenetic/decorative aspect completely out of the equation when I decorate my land :-). I swapped the old mill and the waterfront cottage last week, complete with furnishings. It was a hassle, but worth it. Purely to make the silhouette of the mill stand out better :-).
In the photo: on the left before the switch and on the right after the switch.

Snapshot_2081208014_006_01.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 8

Thank you! 

Even though I was in full wallflower mode today, I answered the group call to go to what is apparently a regular Friday event.  It was fun, local chat was active and engaging, and even though I was in on a relatively unknown alt, everyone was warm, friendly and included everyone.  All sizes, shapes, and species were welcome.  Now back to decorating for Halloween.

image.thumb.jpeg.03e40cde1de9f1e506225f19f93c0fb4.jpeg

I had to battle a bit of lag, but the poofers were fun and the group hug at the end was sweet.

image.thumb.jpeg.ccef0deddf81f7a1446722bdea65cba9.jpeg

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 8

In cafe The Old Holland Mill with a friend. And because it's nearly Halloween there is a very subtle ghostly touch, but I'm actually thinking too subtle now, because who will notice it? But at least the cat senses that something is fishy LOL

Your turn

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

In cafe The Old Holland Mill with a friend. And because it's nearly Halloween there is a very subtle ghostly touch, but I'm actually thinking too subtle now, because who will notice it? But at least the cat senses that something is fishy LOL

Your turn

Ok, that was creepy when I zoomed in. :)

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Your turn

Great job!

• Like 1

Relaxing to the sweet melodies of Coldplay while driving around mainland and appreciating the beauty of chaos with spots of nature tossed in 🥰  I'm waiting to see what is around the corner, perhaps some run down city, could it be another Godzilla?  Who knows, but I will certainly appreciate it regardless. 

Snapshot_258.thumb.png.bf5900fc27ee4fdff82cd5c33d5f9ac2.png

This is one of my favorite things to do in SL, and the driving has been fantastic since I have resumed driving for the past few days with excellent sim crossings in my trusty taxibug.  

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Relaxing to the sweet melodies of Coldplay while driving around mainland and appreciating the beauty of chaos with spots of nature tossed in 🥰  I'm waiting to see what is around the corner, perhaps some run down city, could it be another Godzilla?  Who knows, but I will certainly appreciate it regardless. 

Snapshot_258.thumb.png.bf5900fc27ee4fdff82cd5c33d5f9ac2.png

This is one of my favorite things to do in SL, and the driving has been fantastic since I have resumed driving for the past few days with excellent sim crossings in my trusty taxibug.  

Oh! I was just telling my friend I was interested in exploring the mainland roads. How fun.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Oh! I was just telling my friend I was interested in exploring the mainland roads. How fun.

It is a fantastic time to go exploring, the sim crossings normally give me a lot of problems but haven't for the past few days.  Hop in your favorite vehicle and go for a spin 🙃 

• Like 2