How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

8 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I may be experiencing difficulties with my graphics driver...

House.png

I have no idea how to respond to this. First LOL at the image. Brill!

Second, omg! I don't know if your responded if you are a hugger or not in the peeve thread, so just saying, that sounds like something seriously bad and you may need a hug.

ugh. Technology. Can't live with it, can't...

• Like 1

More experimenting, scared to death I'm gonna fry my graphics card, but this is BD. Lots of fussing with sliders to get only what I barely need. (sigh) At my LL Houseboat, which if you look to the far left, my tv is playing Taylor Swift. LoL. Also this shot shows off my building skills. After 13 years, I have a ton of them. That platform the chair is on? That's my prim! Yes! A textured box! I'm so proud... And yeah, I have some particles burping under the boat, some old willowisps from Botanical.

houseboat bd 81522_001.png

• Like 8

I've been working on my land most of the day trying to get the most out of my 1/4 sim with some sort of beach going.. I think I'm going to switch the beach area to an inverted rather than bowing out like it is now.. I want to get more of a hidden bay thing going like Maya Bay.. But I just wanted to see what it would look like this way..

I love swimming in SL so I want more water than beach.. hehehe

452499118_Beachscene.thumb.png.f77d352abbc0332e51234213dfeaec64.png

This is what I'm going for and have a good idea how to get there after all the buying stuff and researching today, so we'll see I guess tomorrow.. hehehe

This is May Bay. Which If I can get it half way there, will be so relaxing of a place to swim and take the edge off a bad day.

1280@80.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 13

Holding my breath with the first distance shot on the crappy laptop. Crappy laptop is actually doing better than I thought it would. This is BD (with an Intel card that the viewer says "eek! not that!). Draw dist 300 (I tried 500 but gained nothing and the computer looked at me like "you've got to be kidding"). NO DOF. Shadows, high rez terrain, water, sky. My LL houseboat is the front, dark blue near center. Love this spot. My fps was a whopping 1.6 when I shot! :D oy vey

pirahnacanda 82422_001.png

• Like 12

MY SL is starting to look a little better.. I've been working on my land all week  when i have the time..

I stopped to take a picture of a nice sunset..

I still have a lot to do as far as adding detail on the beach,moving the dunes around to the right spots..Bases  under palm trees and  beach grass,rocks and the stuff behind the camera like the vegetation and house.. I figured, as much as I spend my time at other peoples beaches, I really should just have my own.. So I'm just taking my time and trying to make a beach that will feel like home..

It's in rough shape because everything is pretty much just dropped and still being moved around until the spot feels right for them.. But it's coming along.. I just had to get a picture of the sunset though.

52314306235_60f8291027_h.jpg

• Like 10

I ripped my whole beach front and about everything else up today and started from scratch with a whole different beach kit and land covering and getting the house set trees put back in and everything.. lol

About the only thing I didn't take down was the walls, which I'm happy with those.

Luckily I own more than one beach front kit.. I just didn't have enough beach and it felt really cramped, plus just wasn't happy with the way things seamed together.. The one I'm using now you can't see the seams unless you know where they are and get up close with a microscope.. It's the best beach kit out I think..Anyone that uses Skye for their landscaping knows how good their things are.. I think my whole build is from them so far..

There is like 8 sections of beach I had to put together and make sure they were seamless.. I was so happy when I was finished and not leaving a seam that would bug me forever..

I still have so much to do but really am happy with where it is at so far.. I've only used maybe 1/3 of my land impact so far as well, So that's really nice to be this far and still so much left to work with. I have my house down and the foundation under it plus it's furnished..

Everything in this pic is what I put together today.. I'm really really happy with it so far.. The waves all line up perfect and and the seams not showing , really gave me a lot of hope for a really nice place to relax when I want to cut out the rest of the world..

Here is everything I have finished today so far.

52316608964_c8e6466555_k.jpg

I just really love the waves on this kit sooooo much better.. The whole beach is just soo much better all around than the other kit.. plus the wave sound is so soothing..  I went for a swim  and it was so relaxing.. hehehehe

52316505633_ec51c3842f_k.jpg

After the long day, I just plopped on my new comfy bed and am out like a light.. It was a very very long day.. hehehehe

52316575005_a7e00afaa8_k.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 11

On 8/24/2022 at 4:23 PM, Seicher Rae said:

Holding my breath with the first distance shot on the crappy laptop. Crappy laptop is actually doing better than I thought it would. This is BD (with an Intel card that the viewer says "eek! not that!). Draw dist 300 (I tried 500 but gained nothing and the computer looked at me like "you've got to be kidding"). NO DOF. Shadows, high rez terrain, water, sky. My LL houseboat is the front, dark blue near center. Love this spot. My fps was a whopping 1.6 when I shot! :D oy vey

pirahnacanda 82422_001.png

I use my graphics presets to quickly change between the settings I need for exploring, photos, flying, sailing, and shopping. When I am on my laptop I can turn the settings way down, setup the photo, then hit the preset for near Ultra settings, wait for the render, and then take the shot.

You got a good snap.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I ripped my whole beach front and about everything else up today and started from scratch with a whole different beach kit and land covering and getting the house set trees put back in and everything.. lol

About the only thing I didn't take down was the walls, which I'm happy with those.

Luckily I own more than one beach front kit.. I just didn't have enough beach and it felt really cramped, plus just wasn't happy with the way things seamed together.. The one I'm using now you can't see the seams unless you know where they are and get up close with a microscope.. It's the best beach kit out I think..Anyone that uses Skye for their landscaping knows how good their things are.. I think my whole build is from them so far..

There is like 8 sections of beach I had to put together and make sure they were seamless.. I was so happy when I was finished and not leaving a seam that would bug me forever..

I still have so much to do but really am happy with where it is at so far.. I've only used maybe 1/3 of my land impact so far as well, So that's really nice to be this far and still so much left to work with. I have my house down and the foundation under it plus it's furnished..

Everything in this pic is what I put together today.. I'm really really happy with it so far.. The waves all line up perfect and and the seams not showing , really gave me a lot of hope for a really nice place to relax when I want to cut out the rest of the world..

Here is everything I have finished today so far.

52316608964_c8e6466555_k.jpg

I just really love the waves on this kit sooooo much better.. The whole beach is just soo much better all around than the other kit.. plus the wave sound is so soothing..  I went for a swim  and it was so relaxing.. hehehehe

52316505633_ec51c3842f_k.jpg

After the long day, I just plopped on my new comfy bed and am out like a light.. It was a very very long day.. hehehehe

52316575005_a7e00afaa8_k.jpg

It is very calming to make landscapes.

I have some beach building packs too. I never use others than Skye. I should trash the others. They take up unecessary space in my inventory.

I had this beach from 2017, and I got an update when he upgraded it in 2021. That was very nice, he did not release it as "a new beach". I wince a bit when I buy a pack from Skye, because of the price. Sometimes I buy packs from others first, "to save money". And then buy the Skye pack later, because I can't be happy with the other beaches. "Buying cheap is expensive"?

I was feeling very proud of myself when I rebuilt the 63 Li pool I had, and replaced almost every part with mesh. I only kept the water (because it is animated for swimming) and the prim that gives out swim HUDs to everyone that clicks it. And the diving board, because it looks better than the white plastic one that almost every store sells. And now it is 16 Li! Including the wood stairs and even the pool ladder. The glass railing is not included. It was a cheap offer from last weekend that I fell in love with. The house terrace also got the glass railing and I textured it with the same wood. I think it works well.

The pool is really big. It uses 1/4 of my land. I am by the edge of the infinity pool. I can barely be seen. The tiny dots in the sea is out of sim dolphins. That is a bonus by having void water. I could not extend things out in protected Linden wayerways.

Not edited. I have 2 images more on my Flickr, from different angles.

Another angle of the Infinity pool.

Infinity Pool in Land's End

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is very calming to make landscapes.

I have some beach building packs too. I never use others than Skye. I should trash the others. They take up unecessary space in my inventory.

I had this beach from 2017, and I got an update when he upgraded it in 2021. That was very nice, he did not release it as "a new beach". I wince a bit when I buy a pack from Skye, because of the price. Sometimes I buy packs from others first, "to save money". And then buy the Skye pack later, because I can't be happy with the other beaches. "Buying cheap is expensive"?

I was feeling very proud of myself when I rebuilt the 63 Li pool I had, and replaced almost every part with mesh. I only kept the water (because it is animated for swimming) and the prim that gives out swim HUDs to everyone that clicks it. And the diving board, because it looks better than the white plastic one that almost every store sells. And now it is 16 Li! Including the wood stairs and even the pool ladder. The glass railing is not included. It was a cheap offer from last weekend that I fell in love with. The house terrace also got the glass railing and I textured it with the same wood. I think it works well.

The pool is really big. It uses 1/4 of my land. I am by the edge of the infinity pool. I can barely be seen. The tiny dots in the sea is out of sim dolphins. That is a bonus by having void water. I could not extend things out in protected Linden wayerways.

Not edited. I have 2 images more on my Flickr, from different angles.

Another angle of the Infinity pool.

Infinity Pool in Land's End

I had to go to your flicker to see the rest.. I really love your build.. I had to stop myself from exploring more or I would be at your flicker all night.. hehehe

Your build is so beautiful and you are so much better at it than I am ,that's for sure.. I'm still trying to get my details down..

I love everything about yours, and really love your pool.. I wish mine was bigger and the water up to the edge like that..

The beach kit looks like the same one I am using.. It's so amazing how well the pieces go together.. I really love how you have so much stuff in there and still so much room and comfort feel to it.

I get too impatient I think and try to get too much done in one day instead of really taking my time to get it right..I put the cart in front of the horse more than I should hehehe

I pulled all my trees up and  looking for more filling to get more tones going..

I'm on a quarter sim and all they had for the land was grass for texture and I can't reach the sand texture until way down under the water.. So I had this sculpty tool from years ago that lets me mold the land with sculpties..So I can change the texture of those to what i want now, just by dropping any textures i want in the molded pieces covering the land..

The bad thing is they are only squared, so I would need to go into photoshop and do my own land textures for the prims if I wanted smooth transitions from grass to sand.. So I'm looking for more patch things  to drop down to camouflage where I change the textures.. It's all sand at the moment.

And yes, SKYE is the only way to go.. I started out trying others but quickly learned, Skye was pretty much a one stop shop for my landscaping needs.. I spent so much there, but it would have been way more if I didn't find them as early as I did.. Everything down to my house is from Skye so far..

I am looking around at more patching though that might come from somewhere else, but it will only be because it's not at skye if I do get something from somewhere else.. hehehe

My husband is going to kill me if he see's how much i spent on my land.  LOL

I really really love your build though.. It's very inspiring :)

I'm in envy and hope I can get to that level of goodness:D

• Like 3

A blink, and I have changed things. I am testing deck textures like I try skin demos. Do I like this? I am not sure, the other texture was maybe too gray and weathered close up. This is not supposed to be a worn doen pool. But I am not satisfied with this texture either. Changes, changes.

Most of my SL time these days is spent on decorating, texturing and move things around. Or buying new stuff. I bought the cinder blocks from Schultz Bros yesterday. I like that they have more depth, not just a texture.

infinb_014ed.png

• Like 9