You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

@Urathear

Does Poland have a law that makes it mandatory to have a flu vaccine every year? If not, why not?

Good question for which sadly I can't provide clear answer myself. Well main argument against is that vaccine against flu isn't 100% resistant.

I got even few friends which took in past flu vaccine (before Covid) and in some cases, they fallen sick. Or said vaccine worked for one year but next year it didn't - not only that... their immunological response was way stronger to flu.

Overall flu done more damage than Covid at least so far did in Poland. It's curious case to be said.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

@UrathearVaccines are not mandatory in the U.S. as far as I know.  They ARE mandatory for children enrolled in most school districts.  Some parents choose to home school so avoid having to vaccinate their children.

As said, what I related to was my point of perspective. Which is Polish side of things. USA works a bit differently, that one for sure.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

To the best of my knowledge the US, Federally, does not require any vaccines.  Additionally, I don't believe any US State requires any vaccines. 

Most schools do have vaccination requirements, but there are also exemptions for religious or other personal reasons.  That issue of many universities requiring the Covid-19 vaccine has already prompted lawsuits.

There are various employers, usually health related, that do require some vaccinations.  Additionally, the armed services requires various vaccines - not sure if that is just for deployment overseas though. 

My guess it's vaccination against overseas viruses - just to not bring some exotic virus to US.

In my opinion vaccinations shouldn't be mandatory unless at least vaccine don't pass all needed tests. We can survive 2 more years, we all feared Covid gonna end world but fears turned out to be unjustifed. We still need to be careful tho.

2 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I don't think anywhere else in the EU (or the UK, or the US or anywhere else) has made vaccination mandatory, though, so why would you expect Poland to?  

Well then I don't understand that push for restrictions and punishments for anyone unvaccinated? Recently goverment litteraly threatened people who were unvaccinated over national TV. In that way you push fears even further instead of relaxing people over vaccination.

Edited by Urathear

12 minutes ago, Urathear said:

Good question for which sadly I can't provide clear answer myself. Well main argument against is that vaccine against flu isn't 100% resistant.

I got even few friends which took in past flu vaccine (before Covid) and in some cases, they fallen sick. Or said vaccine worked for one year but next year it didn't - not only that... their immunological response was way stronger to flu.

Overall flu done more damage than Covid at least so far did in Poland. It's curious case to be said.

Might I suggest you read the part I quoted.

9 minutes ago, Urathear said:

Well then I don't understand that push for restrictions and punishments for anyone unvaccinated? Recently goverment litteraly threatened people who were unvaccinated over national TV. In that way you push fears even further instead of relaxing people over vaccination.

To my mind, there's a big difference between, on the one hand, the government advising people to be vaccinated, and various particular restrictions for people who are vaccinated while retaining them for people who aren't vaccinated (so long as that's necessary and proportionate, and not just spiteful and, on the other, forcing them to be vaccinated on pain of a fine or imprisonment if they don't comply.

I wouldn't trust the Polish government under normal circumstances either, any more than I trust Boris Johnson, but I think in this case they have sound medical advice on their side.

7 hours ago, Urathear said:

As said, what I related to was my point of perspective. Which is Polish side of things.

In my opinion vaccinations shouldn't be mandatory unless at least vaccine don't pass all needed tests

thanks. I looked it up because I was curious

Poland does require everybody who is in the country for more than 3 months to have an immunization card which must be current. The only grounds for not receiving any vaccine (for anything) is medical.  Like if a vaccine will deteriorate a person's health and that deterioration can be proven medically as it specifically relates to that person

vaccination/immunisation is not a lifestyle choice in Poland as it is in some other countries

• Thanks 3

Health officials in Los Angeles County now strongly recommend that people wear masks indoors in public places — regardless of their vaccination status — to prevent the spread of the highly transmissible delta variant of the coronavirus.

The move comes two weeks after Gov. Gavin Newsom reopened California and lifted the statewide mask mandate.

The LA County recommendation — which is not a mandate — in the nation’s most populous county does not match what the state government and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say, which is that vaccinated people in certain public indoor settings do not need to be masked. Unvaccinated people are supposed to wear masks in public.

The World Health Organization, however, is urging vaccinated people to wear masks as cases of the delta variant spike worldwide, which was first identified in India. Hong Kong says it will ban all passenger flights from the U.K. starting Thursday. More than 95% of COVID-19 cases in the U.K. are of the delta variant.

The LA County public health department suggested that people wear masks when inside grocery or retail stores, as well as theaters and family entertainment centers and workplaces when people’s vaccination statuses are not known.

https://apnews.com/article/ca-state-wire-coronavirus-pandemic-government-and-politics-health-a31f86698c338572cf0cff81c843293a

37 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

Health officials in Los Angeles County now strongly recommend that people wear masks indoors in public places — regardless of their vaccination status — to prevent the spread of the highly transmissible delta variant of the coronavirus.

That's not a bad idea, although I suspect there will be a bit of peer pressure pushing the other way. 

I'm still wearing my mask indoors in public, despite having been vaccinated since April -- fortunately not feeling any pushback but quietly expecting it. I'm just wearing my mask because I discovered that 2020 was the first year I can remember when I didn't even come down with a cold, much less laryngitis or the flu. At my age, I figure an extra bit of help for my immune system can't hurt. I have a really long bucket list, so I'd rather not be sidetracked by an avoidable illness.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

I am very appreciative.

Very much the response that Hank Green from PBD Digital Studios and SciShow has: answering good-faith questions and showing gratitude to the people who worked their bottoms off over the past 15 months to make these vaccines happen for others to make life livable again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some good news that might make me think about getting vaccinated. A new study looked at what was causing some of the side effects a percentage of people seem to be experiencing and found that it is likely due to how the jabs are done. The shot should go in the muscle but because the jabbers are not checking to make sure they have not hit a blood vessel or the vascular system, the vaccine in some cases is going into the circulation system and then causing blood clots and other assorted side effects.

More info with study links from Dr. John Campbell:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You must not have read the article I posted a while back that said the exact same thing. But no, I never know wtf I'm talking about. I must be the stupidest person on earth.

Well I am sorry then as I must have missed it. In any case, it bears repeating. :)

8 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You must not have read the article I posted a while back that said the exact same thing. But no, I never know wtf I'm talking about. I must be the stupidest person on earth.

From your observation point.

I'm the stupidest person on earth from mine.

Let's do lunch.

;-).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Very much the response that Hank Green from PBD Digital Studios and SciShow has: answering good-faith questions and showing gratitude to the people who worked their bottoms off over the past 15 months to make these vaccines happen for others to make life livable again.

Off topic for this thread - but everyone should go check out Journey to the Microcosmos narrated by Hank, it's stunningly beautiful.

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If the injection site hurts like you've been punched in the arm for a few days .. they did it right.

Pretty please get a vaccine.

Well not to be argumentative but seems if the arm is hurting for a while afterwards, it could well be a condition called SIRVA which stands for "Shoulder injury related to vaccine administration" and is caused by the injection site being too high up on the shoulder so it goes into the shoulder joint causing an inflammatory process that results in damage to the musculoskeletal structures including the bursae, tendons, and ligaments. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6347325/

Needle in the wrong spot can turn injection into a big pain

"Symptoms from improperly administered vaccinations - known as SIRVA, for "shoulder injury related to vaccine administration'' - include chronic pain, limited range of motion, nerve damage, frozen shoulder (the inability to move the shoulder) and rotator cuff tear."

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

if the arm is hurting for a while afterwards, it could well be a condition called SIRVA which stands for "Shoulder injury related to vaccine administration"

That is so rare though, that I can't imagine why you even brought it up.

If however, you're concerned, best to go to a place where they do a lot of vaccinations (unlike the place I chose, which was like a huge warehouse where the national guard was brought in to give the shots).

I'm sure there must be somebody somewhere who experienced no soreness at all, but I've never heard of anyone who didn't have some soreness....our muscles simply don't like to have metal things shoved into them..

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

That is so rare though, that I can't imagine why you even brought it up.

If however, you're concerned, best to go to a place where they do a lot of vaccines (unlike the place I chose, which was like a huge warehouse where the national guard was brought in to give the shots).

I'm sure there must be somebody somewhere who experienced no soreness at all, but I've never heard of anyone who didn't have some soreness....our muscles simply don't like to have metal things shoved into them..

Rare or underreported? I suspect the latter. I've in the past week heard from several who experienced no pain or no more then a bee sting like discomfort for the day.

Edited by Arielle Popstar

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well not to be argumentative but seems if the arm is hurting for a while afterwards, it could well be a condition called SIRVA which stands for "Shoulder injury related to vaccine administration" and is caused by the injection site being too high up on the shoulder so it goes into the shoulder joint causing an inflammatory process that results in damage to the musculoskeletal structures including the bursae, tendons, and ligaments. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6347325/

Needle in the wrong spot can turn injection into a big pain

"Symptoms from improperly administered vaccinations - known as SIRVA, for "shoulder injury related to vaccine administration'' - include chronic pain, limited range of motion, nerve damage, frozen shoulder (the inability to move the shoulder) and rotator cuff tear."

It's not. 

Different people will react differently. I had a lot of soreness from mine but my pharmacist has had over 20 years experience giving flu shots whereas the pharmacist that gave husband his had only recently been trained. His got infected, mine did not. Two  different pharmacies.

Some people may think it was a terrible thing to do but I did call my pharmacist and asked him if anyone who worked in the pharmacy had any experience. Come to find out, all the pharmacists there do and lots of it. Wish I could say the same thing for that other pharmacy. I had good reason for moving my prescriptions from there to the one I got my vaccine at.

SIRVA sounds an awful lot like frozen shoulder. Something I am all too familiar with and it is not caused by vaccinations. They don't know what causes it.

If you can get vaccinated by a pharmacist, don't  hesitate to call them and ask about their experience. It can make a world of difference and help reassure you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Like I said, if you're worried go to a competent medical practitioner who knows where the injection site should be.

Heh well as a result of talents garnered from a misspent youth, I would much rather self administer but thanks for the suggestion.

9 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I've in the past week heard from several who experienced no pain or no more then a bee sting like discomfort for the day.

I had less pain from my 2nd shot. Moving your arm around some does help with that. However I moved my arm so much I think I strained the muscles in another part of my arm and they were more sore than the injection site...lol.

Drinking more water too, is advised.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I had less pain from my 2nd shot. Moving your arm around some does help with that. However I moved my arm so much I think I strained the muscles in another part of my arm and they were more sore than the injection site...lol.

Drinking more water too, is advised.

I had none from the first and mild on the second.  The woman who administered the first did remind me to relax my arm which I did not do on.the second.  A couple of days and I was good as new.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.