You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

No, let them live and die as they please, but contain their damage to their own chamber. More power to them, let them eat freedom fries and bask in kryptonite glow of their ideology.

Well. So much for being an enlightened being. It would seem all of that was just a show you were/are putting on. Perhaps all of this is, too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Well. So much for being an enlightened being. It would seem all of that was just a show you were/are putting on. Perhaps all of this is, too.

So much for stopping COVID and saving this Earth. You're more concerned with appearances than substance, and keep turning away and back to confusion. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

It's hubris to depend upon the hope that mankind can bioengineer, generate, test, and distribute safely and effectively for each new variant strain of need, or that any of this could be done in a universal manner.

With mRNA technology, we're in the best position ever to do exactly that.

54 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Therefore, it's not credible to place your hope in this brave new arms race they want to 'fight' inside your body and your society and your life into perpetuity. 

I think perpetuity's best chance is to run the race against the pathogens. You're free to sit on the sidelines, though I hope you'll continue to mask and isolate, potentially in perpetuity.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

a-clear-conscience-laughs-at-a-false-acc

Gamma (Manaos) variant of Covid-19 predominant in Argentina
Buenos Aires Times, 24-06-2021 23:29

"In Argentina the circulation of the Gamma variant, originally identified in Manaos, predominates. In every region of the country, those variants causing concern are more prevalent than those which do not," indicated a Ministry communiqué.

The authorities reached that conclusion after analysing 1,077 samples of persons testing positive for Covid-19 and without antecedents of travel abroad, an analysis carried out by INEI (Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Infecciosas)-ANLIS.

"The most prevalent variants in every region of the country are: Gamma (Manaos) with 41 percent, Lambda (Andean) with 14 percent and Alpha (identified with Britain) with 11 percent," detailed the Ministry, updating the percentages in the previous report, and adding: “From the epidemiological analysis in the last few weeks it may be gathered that over 90 percent corresponds to variants of concern."

The Gamma variant also predominates among the passengers testing  positive upon entry into Argentina, according to the genomic sequencing of 248 samples. This variant was detected in 89 passengers entering from Mexico, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia and Paraguay.

Argentina is heading towards 4.5 million cases of coronavirus contagion and 100,000 deaths in a country of 45 million inhabitants, of whom 42 percent have been vaccinated against Covid-19 but less than four million with a double dose.

According to researchers from the Anglo-Brazilian Centre for the Discovery, Diagnosis, Genomics and Epidemiology of Arbovirus (Cadde in its Portuguese acronym), this Manaos strain, denominated P.1., transmits between 1.4 and 2.2 times more than the preceding strains,” according to the Fundação de Amparo a Pesquisa of São Paulo state.

In late January another study by researchers from the Brazilian state lab Fundação Oswaldo Cruz (Fiocruz) had indicated that in individuals infected with P.1., the viral load in their bodies can be up to 10 times higher. 

Regarding the risks of reinfection, in an important number of people already infected with coronavirus, scientists have pointed out that in 25-61 percent of the cases, this new Manaos variant can elude the immune system, causing a new infection.

Inonly seven weeks, P.1. has turned into the most prevalent strain of SARS-CoV-2 in the region," said São Paulo’s Fundação de Amparo a Pesquisa in early March. The Amazon variant, they maintained, underwent a period of rapid molecular evolution for unknown reasons.

(from https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/argentina/gamma-manaos-variant-of-covid-19-predominant-in-argentina.phtml)

test.
quarantine. contain.

48501901757_0b0c69a8af_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

By all means you do you.

But to keep spamming this when vaccinations exist, in a thread about vaccinations, is unethical. Not to mention rude.

I agree. Let me know when those condition prevail and we do have a vaccination that is tested and approved by ethical medical science and a credible program to eradicate the spread of evitable pandemic and at that time I promise you that I will certainly be sure to stop. I don't want seem rude, thank you.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:
1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

By all means you do you.

But to keep spamming this when vaccinations exist, in a thread about vaccinations, is unethical. Not to mention rude.

I agree. Let me know when those condition prevail and we do have a vaccination that is tested and approved by ethical medical science and a credible program to eradicate the spread of evitable pandemic and at that time I promise you that I will certainly be sure to stop. I don't want seem rude, thank you.

Chroma, I know that the initiator of a thread really doesn't have the right to control what happens on it...the thread goes how it goes..

But I started this thread so that those who chose vaccination as their plan would have a place to talk about their process, and that was going on for quite some time. Scroll up, and see all the people, many infrequent posters, who felt they had a safe space to talk without the bickering between those who don't want the Covid vaccination vs those who do.  But look now, nobody or very few are coming to participate.

If you want to talk about your issues (being against this particular type of vaccination, or your concerns that the government or some overarching malevolent force is forcing vaccines on people), please start your own thread about it. It really is rude if you continue trying to force your views onto others in this thread.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Chroma, I know that the initiator of a thread really doesn't have the right to control what happens on it...the thread goes how it goes..

But I started this thread so that those who chose vaccination as their plan would have a place to talk about their process, and that was going on for quite some time. Scroll up, and see all the people, many infrequent posters, who felt they had a safe space to talk without the bickering between those who don't want the Covid vaccination vs those who do.  But look now, nobody or very few are coming to participate.

If you want to talk about your issues (being against this particular type of vaccination, or your concerns that the government or some overarching malevolent force is forcing vaccines on people), please start your own thread about it. It really is rude if you continue trying to force your views onto others in this thread.

I respect your desire and so I'll stop. I don't think it's a reasonable characterization to say that the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic is "my" issue so much as everyone's. Understanding only strengthens compassion, and there should be a place where people can go for understanding. It's the lack of understanding that contributes to making the vaccination experiment unethical. But there, I've said my peace, and people are at liberty to believe as they intuit seems fitting. Let's go at the sickness, not the symptoms, and nurture the world back to wellness with love in all its forms. 

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Umm... isn't it a bit late for that request?

Her contributions to the thread have served one useful purpose. It's shown me what she is and, as a result, she is ignored by me so I don't see what she writes. In fact 2 of the participants are ignored now, and I imagine that it's not just me who has chosen to ignore them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Umm... isn't it a bit late for that request?

Her contributions to the thread have served one useful purpose. It's shown me what she is and, as a result, she is ignored by me so I don't see what she writes. In fact 2 of the participants are ignored now, and I imagine that it's not just me who has chosen to ignore them.

I'm terribly sorry I did not tend to your needs within the allotted time frame, Master.
I do apologize for not having the time to visit all threads where you are gracing us with your presence, so be sure and let me know if there are specific threads where I should be monitoring your desires and acting accordingly.

• Confused 2

At the risk of returning the thread to something like its original topic…

I got my second jab last Tuesday—a Moderna chaser to an initial AstraZeneca a couple months ago—and I spent much of the next 24 hours sleepy or asleep, but none of the typical symptoms other than a just-detectible soreness at the injection site that got less and less detectible every day. I was so happy to get one of the mRNA vaccines on top of the AZ and have decided to believe this cocktail is the best possible dosing arrangement.

Apropos nothing: I only this morning learned that the name "Moderna" wasn't coined to connote "modern" so much as... well, note the last three letters.

This morning Ontario opened up second vaccination appointments for anybody over 18 who got their initial mRNA jabs more than four weeks ago (or AstraZeneca more than eight weeks ago), and my partner got an appointment for this weekend, which is pretty amazing. (Previously, his second dose was to be in September.)

I'm sure this all seems hopelessly archaic viewed from south of the border where vaccine is practically on tap next to the Big Gulps, but it's a huge relief here. At least in this town, there's scant hint of vaccine hesitancy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I got my second jab last Tuesday

Congrats, Qie!  And I hope you feel as free as I've felt lately...feeling safer to venture into places I previously feared. Will even see friends in person outdoors on our Independence Day here, the 4th, and enjoy the fireworks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm terribly sorry I did not tend to your needs within the allotted time frame, Master.
I do apologize for not having the time to visit all threads where you are gracing us with your presence, so be sure and let me know if there are specific threads where I should be monitoring your desires and acting accordingly.

What?

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 3:14 PM, Solar Legion said:

No, I don't care to explain it. It's been covered ad nauseam in this very thread and actual, factual information is available to you almost everywhere.

At this stage, you're either going to listen or you're not. Not looking so good for the former, just by your initial post.

"Good luck" and "have fun".

So I don't see how there is factual information related to why this "safe" vaccine isn't required by law like most vaccines for life-threating diseases are. More like arguments toward why vaccines are not threat to health.

Then my question is, why they aren't lawfully required? In Poland at least we got mechanism to make pretty much 99,9% of society vaccinated but goverment take responsibility for that. If it's in phase of testing - okey. Then why won't we wait this 2 years for it to pass offical test but so hard on it? Why people like you and goverment slowly trying to dehumanize me for legit concern? I said I would be pretty much ready for vaccination if goverment would make it a required vaccination. So no I'm not against vaccine.

So who isn't listening? Pretty much it was you, it turns out in the end.

And dunno why bidding me farewell was in quotation. You really don't want me to be well? Might as well tell me to ***** off. I prefer being direct over hiding behind false pleasantries.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, Innula Zenovka said:

What vaccine were you offered?   

Was it not one of the four to which the European Medicines Agency have granted conditional marketing authorisation  ("The approval of a medicine that addresses unmet medical needs of patients on the basis of less comprehensive data than normally required. The available data must indicate that the medicine’s benefits outweigh its risks and the applicant should be in a position to provide the comprehensive clinical data in the future.")?

No, no - that's not what I meant. I'm glad EU recognize their safety but what we have in Poland are national mechanisms to nationally distribute vaccine among all population - making it lawfully mandatory - this is case with vaccines for example against tuberculosis, measles or polio. Yet Polish goverment instead of making mandatory vaccination tries to force people to vaccinate in other ways. That's suspicious to say at least. I dunno how it's for each national goverment, I know some nations don't have mandatory vaccines but for Poland situation looks like this... When it comes to Poland the most popular are AstraZeneca one but it's not uncommon to be vaccinated with Moderna or Pfizer. Johnson&Johnson is slowly distributed as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Urathear said:

So I don't see how there is factual information related to why this "safe" vaccine isn't required by law like most vaccines for life-threating diseases are.

To the best of my knowledge the US, Federally, does not require any vaccines.  Additionally, I don't believe any US State requires any vaccines. 

Most schools do have vaccination requirements, but there are also exemptions for religious or other personal reasons.  That issue of many universities requiring the Covid-19 vaccine has already prompted lawsuits.

There are various employers, usually health related, that do require some vaccinations.  Additionally, the armed services requires various vaccines - not sure if that is just for deployment overseas though. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Urathear said:

So I don't see how there is factual information related to why this "safe" vaccine isn't required by law like most vaccines for life-threating diseases are. More like arguments toward why vaccines are not threat to health.

Then my question is, why they aren't lawfully required? In Poland at least we got mechanism to make pretty much 99,9% of society vaccinated but goverment take responsibility for that. If it's in phase of testing - okey. Then why won't we wait this 2 years for it to pass offical test but so hard on it? Why people like you and goverment slowly trying to dehumanize me for legit concern? I said I would be pretty much ready for vaccination if goverment would make it a required vaccination. So no I'm not against vaccine.

So who isn't listening? Pretty much it was you, it turns out in the end.

And dunno why bidding me farewell was in quotation. You really don't want me to be well? Might as well tell me to ***** off. I prefer being direct over hiding behind false pleasantries.

No, no - that's not what I meant. I'm glad EU recognize their safety but what we have in Poland are national mechanisms to nationally distribute vaccine among all population - making it lawfully mandatory - this is case with vaccines for example against tuberculosis, measles or polio. Yet Polish goverment instead of making mandatory vaccination tries to force people to vaccinate in other ways. That's suspicious to say at least. I dunno how it's for each national goverment, I know some nations don't have mandatory vaccines but for Poland situation looks like this... When it comes to Poland the most popular are AstraZeneca one but it's not uncommon to be vaccinated with Moderna or Pfizer. Johnson&Johnson is slowly distributed as well.

I don't think anywhere else in the EU (or the UK, or the US or anywhere else) has made vaccination mandatory, though, so why would you expect Poland to?  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.