You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

Unless I'll get a written guarantee from the company that should I sustain harm that prevents me from working should I get the vaccine that the company/government will be on the hook to pay for my mortgage/living expenses

Good luck getting your written guarantee from people selling cars, electrical appliances, kitchen knives, ladders, whose services pose health risks magnitudes of orders higher than any vaccine.

There are plenty of people who justifiably should hurry to get vaccinated. The old, the vulnerable, the obese who for them the risk that the vaccine might have some medium-long term side effect is worth taking.

That's not how vaccines eradicate infectious diseases on a population level. And you know it. Stop spreading this deliberate misinformation.

You're added to the ignore section, together with Popstar. Bye.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

I don't trust Pfizer with my well-being. Knowing the companies history is marred with things like what happened in Nigeria in 1996. As I understand it the Pfizer vaccine is not a traditional vaccine either. AstraZeneca I have a bit more faith in being a more traditional kind of vaccine as I understand, but the company is not without incidents that raise the eyebrow either.

There are plenty of people who justifiably should hurry to get vaccinated. The old, the vulnerable, the obese who for them the risk that the vaccine might have some medium-long term side effect is worth taking.

For everyone else, who falls into the least vulnerable category. Despite all the usual virtue signalers telling you you're an awful person it is still worth holding out and see how everyone else turns out. At the end of the day, these companies earn money from sticking substances in your arm and how much responsibility will they be required to take should it just so happen to cause harm? Last I checked the news the answer is none.

Unless I'll get a written guarantee from the company that should I sustain harm that prevents me from working should I get the vaccine that the company/government will be on the hook to pay for my mortgage/living expenses, then I don't think I'll take that risk  and wait and see how others are doing. The NHS does not even let you choose which of the vaccines will be given to you here afaik.

The remaining deaths are mainly driven by those who have yet to be vaccinated, Dr. Kuppalli said, describing two main groups within this population: those who choose to not get vaccinated because of misinformation and politicization around the vaccine, and those who remain unvaccinated because of other factors, including access.

“Previously, at the start of the pandemic, we were seeing people who were over the age of 60, who have numerous comorbidities,” said Dr. Krutika Kuppalli, an infectious disease expert at the Medical University of South Carolina. “I’m not seeing that as much anymore.” Instead, she said, hospitalizations have lately been skewing toward “people who are younger, people who have not been vaccinated.”

5 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Fauci seems to have had a lot of input on both.

4 hours ago, Flook Somerset said:

No, he just has a high profile. We're talking about groups of people at multiple companies & institutes across the world. 

Exactly, there's a staggering number of people involved in all of this. Nothing can ever be boiled down to one high profile political enemy pulling strings, real life just isn't that simplistic.

Does this conspiracy nonsense pass the Bond  Villain  test? No.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

The remaining deaths are mainly driven by those who have yet to be vaccinated, Dr. Kuppalli said, describing two main groups within this population: those who choose to not get vaccinated because of misinformation and politicization around the vaccine, and those who remain unvaccinated because of other factors, including access.

“Previously, at the start of the pandemic, we were seeing people who were over the age of 60, who have numerous comorbidities,” said Dr. Krutika Kuppalli, an infectious disease expert at the Medical University of South Carolina. “I’m not seeing that as much anymore.” Instead, she said, hospitalizations have lately been skewing toward “people who are younger, people who have not been vaccinated.”

Re: the bolded part- I'd like to quote the news article I posted the other day about what's been going on in my state lately: 
These patients are also younger than earlier in the pandemic — 60% to 65% of those in the ICU over the weekend at Mercy [Hospital] were under 40, according to Frederick, who noted that younger adults are much less likely to be vaccinated — and some are pregnant.
So it's definitely not just "the older and the vulnerable" who need to be getting vaccinated, it's everyone that can... especially when, ut-oh, people not getting vaccinated are also causing these new Covid variants to spread:

Lagging rates — especially among young adults — are becoming an increasing source of concern elsewhere around the country, as is the delta variant.

The mutant version now accounts more than 20% of new COVID-19 infections in the U.S., doubling in just two weeks, the CDC said Tuesday. It is responsible for half of new cases across a swath that includes Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.

“The delta variant is currently the greatest threat in the U.S. to our attempt to eliminate COVID-19,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert. He said there is a “real danger” of local surges like the one in Missouri in places with deep vaccine resistance.

To help counter the threat, administration officials are stepping up efforts to vaccinate Americans ages 18 to 26, who have proved least likely to get the shot when it’s available to them.

and later in the article:

As immunizations slow, the delta variant has become the predominant form of the virus in the region. Aaron Schekorra, a spokesman for the Springfield-Greene County Health Department, said it makes up 93% of the random sample of cases that the county is sending for analysis, up from 70% three weeks ago.

He said that unvaccinated people gathering for graduation celebrations and Memorial Day festivities also fueled the spread of the virus. The events came just as the community lifted its mask mandate.

“My concern,” he said, “would be that this is a preview of what is to come in other parts of the country that don’t have higher vaccination rates.”

https://apnews.com/article/mo-state-wire-michael-brown-coronavirus-pandemic-health-89fa995c59397228d8d56e1ab45890ab

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UK's Former Finance Minister Sajid Javid Appointed As Health Minister
ndtv.com / REUTERS
June 27, 2021

London: British former finance minister Sajid Javid will replace Matt Hancock as the country's health minister, Prime Minister Boris Johnson's office said on Saturday.

Matt Hancock quit on Saturday after he was caught breaking COVID-19 rules by kissing and embracing an aide in his office...  the Sun newspaper published photos on Friday of the married minister embracing a woman whom he had appointed to a taxpayer-funded role to scrutinise his department.

"Those of us who make these rules have got to stick by them and that's why I've got to resign," the 42-year-old said in a video on Twitter.

( from https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/uk-former-finance-minister-sajid-javid-appointed-as-health-minister-2473315 )

image.thumb.png.d79d35d198686a8c66b5f94cae928e5e.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLAJBtGwLfcVFqrPxzv_X

Edited by Chroma Starlight
mortified this isn't a bad dream

On 6/25/2021 at 11:43 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

Exactly, there's a staggering number of people involved in all of this. Nothing can ever be boiled down to one high profile political enemy pulling strings, real life just isn't that simplistic.

Does this conspiracy nonsense pass the Bond  Villain  test? No.

It boils down to who controls the funding. Just like Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot and others who controlled the purse strings, Fauci through the NIH dictates what projects are supported including the Wuhan Lab gain of function research. No funding, no research. It is that simple.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It boils down to who controls the funding. Just like Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot and others who controlled the purse strings, Fauci through the NIH dictates what projects are supported including the Wuhan Lab gain of function research. No funding, no research. It is that simple.

You cant seriously be telling us you get your news from a washed up stand up comedian. He gets wackos with tin foil hat theories to come on his show because he is the only one that will give them air time. Thats his schtick. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You cant seriously be telling us you get your news from a washed up stand up comedian. He gets wackos with tin foil hat theories to come on his show because he is the only one that will give them air time. Thats his schtick. 

Doesn't everyone?

https://www.cnet.com/news/joe-rogan-responds-to-uproar-surrounding-his-incorrect-covid-19-advice/

• Like 1

I mean one big no which is not talked at all in media for me with vaccination is that - this vaccinations are still in phase of tests.

Therefore by taking this vaccinations now, you as person take part in medical experiment - any consequences from vaccines are therefore on you. Tbh. I'm suprised nobody presented documents to sign up in many cases of people who vaccinated around me but that can be arbitrary Poland thing and you "agree by default" (current goverment of Poland is known rn. for doing very shady *****)

If you want me to vaccinate, make it required vaccine. Then responsibility for any health issues is on nation, not on me. It tells a lot that Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson refuse to take responsibility for THEIR OWN vaccines but also national goverments. Why would I then place any trust in them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

Oh look, even more absolute hogwash ..... 

Care to explain how exactly this is hogwash?

If any counterarguments to what I said previously was presented here, please repost them to my reply.

Edited by Urathear
Meh, didn't expressed myself properly I guess?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No, I don't care to explain it. It's been covered ad nauseam in this very thread and actual, factual information is available to you almost everywhere.

At this stage, you're either going to listen or you're not. Not looking so good for the former, just by your initial post.

"Good luck" and "have fun".

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Urathear said:

I mean one big no which is not talked at all in media for me with vaccination is that - this vaccinations are still in phase of tests.

Therefore by taking this vaccinations now, you as person take part in medical experiment - any consequences from vaccines are therefore on you. Tbh. I'm suprised nobody presented documents to sign up in many cases of people who vaccinated around me but that can be arbitrary Poland thing and you "agree by default" (current goverment of Poland is known rn. for doing very shady *****)

If you want me to vaccinate, make it required vaccine. Then responsibility for any health issues is on nation, not on me. It tells a lot that Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson refuse to take responsibility for THEIR OWN vaccines but also national goverments. Why would I then place any trust in them?

What vaccine were you offered?   

Was it not one of the four to which the European Medicines Agency have granted conditional marketing authorisation  ("The approval of a medicine that addresses unmet medical needs of patients on the basis of less comprehensive data than normally required. The available data must indicate that the medicine’s benefits outweigh its risks and the applicant should be in a position to provide the comprehensive clinical data in the future.")?

And exactly here lies the problem: the viral piece of DNA - deriving from an RNA virus - is not optimized to be transcribed inside of the nucleus. Solely this 3,822 nucleotide long open reading frame, coding for a primary product of 1274 amino acid long Spike protein, contains 6 predicted splice donor and 5 predicted acceptor sites. This problem becomes even more severe when using codon-optimized Spike reading frames (depending on the company: up to 13 splice donor and 11 acceptor sites; see Fig. 1A). Thus, it could well be that the Spike open reading frame of SARS-CoV-2 is potentially disrupted by arbitrary splice events when transcribed inside the nucleus. Most, if not all, of these undesirable splice events would produce shorter protein variants, disrupting the Spike protein upstream of the C-terminally located membrane anchor, and thus, leading to soluble Spike protein variants...

To validate these findings, we used isolated RNA from all three cell lines and investigated potential splice events by sequencing RT-PCR bands that we obtained when we performed 4 independent RT-PCR experiments (4 Spike primers pointing 3’-prime against 1 Luciferase primer pointing 5’-prime). As exemplarily shown in Figure 1B, we observed several splice reactions from predicted splice sites (e.g. SD1-3), but also internal splice reactions that lead to frame-shift events. We also found 2 splice events downstream of the ACE2 binding domain that fused again to Luciferase. At this point, we have to conclude that splice reactions do indeed take place and all of them cause a C-terminal truncation of the Spike protein, exactly as predicted by our initial hypothesis.

DISCUSSION

Here, we present first molecular evidence that vector-based vaccines encoding the Spike protein exhibit a problem that is completely absent in mRNA-based vaccines. This is due to the fact that during the vaccination step, the adenoviral DNA enters the nucleus and use the host machinery to transcribe its (trans)genes inside the nucleus. However, RNA viruses have evolved in the absence of any post-transcriptional modification systems that are usually enabled to process the primary RNA transcripts of nuclear encoded genes.

<https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-558954/v1>

So on the one hand, we've got three guys who sound very credible saying "dear  gods no, not the mRNA therapy, because spike protein etc" and then we have a paper here saying "dear gods no, not the adenoviral therapy, because spike protein etc." 

It feels like one is the trojan horse, if feels like truth is being obscured, it feels like a symbol is being defamed. But can you say which, even after considering carefully all of the facts at your disposal? 

All sorts of problems occur when you set aside medical ethics, don't you see? That's why they're so important to medical scientists. There's a lesson in this, somewhere, for mankind to take to heart.

It still seems as though your only best option is to test, quarantine, and contain the virus and its sources, along with all the madness and chaos flaring up around everything that's been touched by the usual suspects. It's time for people to realize, we are at war, and it is a nasty one. We don't want these guys to be the victors and to write the history books. Again. Do we?

s-l300.jpg

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Confused 1

This article answered a question that I'd been wondering about:  Why most people who now die with Covid in England have been vaccinated

(Briefly, double vaccination reduces the risk of catching the virus to about 5% of what it otherwise would be.   It also seems to mitigate the effects of the virus, should you be one of the unlucky 5%, but that risk is still there and depends on age.  So if you're one of the 5% and in your 80s and double-vaccinated you're maybe at the same risk as would be a 50-year-old who was unvaccinated). 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

This article answered a question that I'd been wondering about:  Why most people who now die with Covid in England have been vaccinated

Compare to:

On 6/24/2021 at 12:12 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine

.Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated (msn.com)

Leads me to realize:

aaaorigin-18.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Compare to:

Leads me to realize:

aaaorigin-18.jpg

And because our vaccination programme in the UK has been completely different to that in the USA,  because we're a different country,  with different rates of vaccination cover, the outcomes are completely different.

US figures mask greatly different vaccination rates in different states  and vastly different stages of the epidemic, while the UK is far more homogenous.

In other news, chalk is not much like cheese.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 4

EU launches coronavirus stimulus program
dw.com/europe
Date 23.06.2021
Author Bernd Riegert (Brussels)

EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen is busy visiting the capitals of almost all EU member states as the bloc launches its ambitious coronavirus recovery program, NextGenerationEU. The commission has given the go-ahead for various European states to commence their investment schemes. A total of €750 billion ($895 billion) will be distributed by the EU in the coming six years.

On Thursday, the Commission head was in Paris and Brussels to drum up support. She has called the scheme the biggest investment program in Europe since the US's Marshall Plan, lauding at as "an extraordinary response to an extraordinary crisis."

European government heads initiated the EU recovery program in 2020. For the first time in the community's history, this type of fund is financed through common debt. The scheme was designed to help kickstart Europe's economy and break though the coronavirus recession.

Investment plans must meet a range of criteria set out by the Commission. It has decided that at least 37% of funds must go towards protecting the environment and climate. A further 20% must be invested in promoting the digitalization of European economies and societies.

The EU recovery budget is funded through loans secured on the financial markets. The first funding round worth €20 billion has been vastly oversubscribed, signifying substantial trust in the bloc's creditworthiness. The idea is to use tax revenue and member state fees to pay off this debt over the coming decades. 

This article was translated from German

https://www.dw.com/en/eu-launches-coronavirus-stimulus-program/a-58020515

UK government sets out pandemic recovery plan in Queen’s Speech
aljazeera.com, 11 May 2021

The United Kingdom government has unveiled a legislative programme aimed at securing the country’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, defusing tensions that threaten the union and combatting social issues from housing to healthcare.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday promised to tackle inequality with laws planned by his administration, which were presented by Queen Elizabeth II at the ceremonial opening of the new session of Parliament.

The government hopes to pass 30 bills over the next year related to issues from creating jobs and healthcare to stripping back post-Brexit bureaucracy.

“My government’s priority is to deliver a national recovery from the pandemic that makes the United Kingdom stronger, healthier and more prosperous than before,” the 95-year-old queen told Parliament, in the speech written by the government.

“To achieve this, my government will level up opportunities across all parts of the United Kingdom, supporting jobs, businesses and economic growth and addressing the impact of the pandemic on public services.”

The opposition Labour Party claimed that Johnson’s agenda comprised policies and proposals that had already been raised, as it challenged the Conservatives to turn “rhetoric into reality”.

“This piecemeal approach won’t deliver the fundamental change our country needs. Instead, we must today see meat on the bones of a proper, ambitious plan to deliver the change people across the country deserve.”

The issue has vexed successive administrations for more than 10 years as rising costs squeeze local governments, which are required to provide care for those who cannot afford it, and leave wealthier families in fear of losing their homes as they struggle to pay care bills.

Johnson has previously claimed to have a “clear plan” to fix the social care crisis but is yet to bring forward legislation focused on the issue.

(from https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/11/uk-govt-sets-out-pandemic-recovery-plan-in-queens-speech )

2d7e49f04828b0fa4ad3f7bb04145c72.jpg

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.