You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Per a new article a couple of days ago, 80% of the cases in my state are now Delta variant.  That same article also said that 90% of current covid-19 hospitalizations are unvaccinated people.

So, even with the Delta variant going crazy, if you are vaccinated, the chance of it being bad enough to put you in the hospital is very small.

Go get your damn shot(s).
   (edited for Silent)   :P

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling - it's a thing
  • Like 5

🧐

Some of the willful ignorance on display is revolting.

Get the shot if you are able,  

Adopting “Your body your choice” to avoid immunizations is a fallacy when used to justify not getting the shots. Not to mention an insult to women’s reproductive rights.  
Your body is a freaking bio-weapon & choosing to not vaccinate when you are able to is choosing to endanger others the same as playing Russian Roulette in the dark, aiming into a crowded room.  Maybe you’ll hit someone, maybe you won’t.  Maybe they’ll die do to your actions “but they were going to do anyways…someday….of something but don’t blame me I was the smart one who didn’t want any of those immunities (Bubble Boy reference) or the microchip! “. 

I have the first two shots & so has my son.  
My husband had his first then was diagnosed & is being treated for ongoing cellulitis & was advised (by his doctor) to not take the 2nd shot until he was fully healed.   He can not be protected further than not leaving the house.  

But that does not absolve the next person from their responsibilities to society just cause they watched some alternative conspiracy YouTube or read in a FB post about microchips & mark of the beast & my personal favorite “do you know what’s in those things?!?! (Have you examined what’s in your Gatorade & Pringles?  It ain’t good!)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Per a new article a couple of days ago, 80% of the cases in my state are now Delta variant.  That same article also said that 90% of current covid-19 hospitalizations are unvaccinated people.

So, even with the Delta variant going crazy, if you are vaccinated, the chance of it being bad enough to put you in the hospital is very small.

Go get your damn shots.

But, but, they said I didn't have to go back for another one. Just one jab was all it took and I was a walk in! 🤭

• Haha 1

I went out for the first time in more than a year to eat at a restaurant with my husband a couple of weeks back. It was on the patio, socially distanced, and cases here in Canada are getting lower and lower as our vaccine rate has been rising. (We are at about 80% eligible vaccinated in my provence.) Vaccines are far less political here, and we got them so late our second wave was much worse than the first. It wasn't that long ago we dropped our mask mandate, but I still see most stores requiring masks, or people wearing them. Overall, things have improved tenfold here due to a prevalaing trust in science. 

That's not to say we aren't without our nutjobs though. At that restaurant we were seated on one side of the patio and a family was seated at the other side shortly before we got our bill. It was a pretty large family with several adults and a few children. One of the men at the table started loudly spouting conspirary theroy bull***** as soon as he sat down. Something about our health minister belonging in jail for requiring masks, how the vaccine numbers are fake. Something something Trump and Big Pharma and something racist about First Nations. The rest of his table kept trying to get him to change the subject but he turned every conversation into it. He talked about how because he refused to get vaccinated he wasn't allowed to go to family events anymore. (As though this were a badge of honor.) His wife apparently, was still allowed, but he didn't seem to put two and two together as to why.

Every time he opened his mouth his family just looked exhausted. His wife profusely apologized to the server when he was in the bathroom around the time we were leaving. She looked exhausted, bouncing a two year old in her lap that she was trying to keep calm each time his dad got too riled up over his imagined enemies. I feel so much sympathy for that woman, trying to reign in someone she loves.

And that's the sad reality of watching a family member become radicalized. This pandemic has shown us all areas of our life where we have no control. It's been traumatic. People lost family, jobs, homes, or were cut off from them. Some of my dad's side of the family bought heavily into conspiracy theories around covid, until my aunt died, alone in a room, with nobody allowed to visit her. 

So to anyone peddling conspiracy theories or videos, I hope you understand the damage you do to yourself, your family, and those around you. I invite you to imagine what it's like to have to say goodbye to someone dying though an iPad screen because you can't be close to them, listening to their labored attempts to breathe until all falls silent. It's absoute hell, and it's a hell I'll carry with me for the rest of my life. 

Please never put another family through that hell. Get vaccinated. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Will never get the shot.....I will take my chances with the virus.  The shot does kill some people and makes some sick with things that are lasting, like heart problems.  No thanks.  If the hospitals/doctors had used the medicines already available to treat the virus, not so many people would have died.....the governments all did not want the common medicines to work, because then they could not release a vaccine without all the proper testing.......you might call this a conspiracy theory, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 6

On 6/21/2021 at 2:41 AM, examining said:

besides, there are plenty of proven examples when a vaccine provoked collapse and even death in healthy or -otherwise- sick people, young and old.

No there aren't. 

Can vaccines cause reactions? Yes. Can they cause severe reactions? In a very miniscule percentage of recipients. Are there plenty of these happening? No. No there are not. For COVID here are the current stats for the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

Will never get the shot.....I will take my chances with the virus.  The shot does kill some people and makes some sick with things that are lasting, like heart problems.  No thanks.  If the hospitals/doctors had used the medicines already available to treat the virus, not so many people would have died.....the governments all did not want the common medicines to work, because then they could not release a vaccine without all the proper testing.......you might call this a conspiracy theory, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

Can't make a horse drink and all that, but please stay the heck away from the rest us with your Delta variants.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

Um, NO.   https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/fact-check-have-966-people-died-after-receiving-the-covid-vaccine/ar-BB1en6bL

The Facts

There are hundreds of reports of people having died after getting a COVID vaccine, but that does not necessarily mean the vaccine was the cause.

However, it is false to say that COVID vaccines have caused 966 deaths, because the VAERS database is not designed to give this information. For example, in the dataset published by The Epoch Times, one of the people who died after getting a vaccine had also been injured in a car crash between getting the jab and the date of their death, but the case was still included in the dataset.

The CDC said on its adverse events page, updated March 1: "To date, VAERS has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Newest stat:

Of the 8,787 people who have died from COVID since early February in Texas, all but 43 were unvaccinated.

In other words, 99.5% of COVID deaths in Texas were of unvaccinated people.

I'll take the vaccine, thanks. (Two shots done and all good.) You're not only doing for you, you're doing for everyone around you ... but I understand that not caring about anyone but yourself seems de-rigeur these days for some.

(Source: Texas Tribune)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

No amount of evidence based science or information will ever be enough to persuade someone who has decided that all of those sources are illegitimate, and they are the one holding all the answers. Those people have to come around to reality themselves. 

If you're on the fence, there's so many reasons to get vaccinated. Save lives you care about and you may never meet, it's the best way you can ever pass kindness along.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

I saw somewhere on social media that someone insisted magnets will stick to you after you get a vaccination.
👀
😌
C'mon human race - surely we cant be THAT stupid. 🥴

I'm afraid so.

Funny thing is, even before the vaccine I could get a key to stick to me in the exact same spot and it had nothing to do with magnetism, just the natural oils on my skin. Duh!

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

I saw somewhere on social media that someone insisted magnets will stick to you after you get a vaccination.
👀
😌
C'mon human race - surely we cant be THAT stupid. 🥴

Oh but they can be.  The feeling of “not being duped” & having some inside knowledge that differentiates them from “the gullible masses”  just exposes all the boogeymen hiding in the corners of their imagination.   
Instead of looking for information to make them question their beliefs, they scour the net for information that gives them reassurance that they know something that “everyone else” is falling for.

I know, cause I have a sibling who jumps down the craziest of rabbit holes & digs their heels in.  

But in the end, for magnetism & the vaccines, it’s simply not possible.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2021/06/23/the-unfiltered-truth-behind-human-magnetism-vaccines-and-covid-19/?sh=5804293f540c

• Sad 1

Ok then. I'll admit my personal SL "conspiracy" done just for laughs actually,
nevertheless it's surprising how many people believe it.

If ever I find myself at a packed SL event, sometimes I'll stand in close proximity to the tip jar
and say I'm doing that to intercept/catch & steal the tips people are paying.
"Shuuuush don't tell anyone!" In main chat
Maybe if I had an SL vaccination all the lindens would just magically fly to me wherever I go. 
😲😆🤭🥳🤑

2 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Ok then. I'll admit my personal SL "conspiracy" done just for laughs actually,
nevertheless it's surprising how many people believe it.

If ever I find myself at a packed SL event, sometimes I'll stand in close proximity to the tip jar
and say I'm doing that to intercept/catch & steal the tips people are paying.
"Shuuuush don't tell anyone!" In main chat
Maybe if I had an SL vaccination all the lindens would just magically fly to me wherever I go. 
😲😆🤭🥳🤑

😅.

I’m sure that has happened for real though .  I know over the years in more than one group chat I’ve read conversations that some avatar in a shop would wear an invisible prim & stand in the way of an object for sale.  Fast clickers not noticing they are paying that prim & not buying an object.  =/

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, RacyAcey said:

The shot does kill some people and makes some sick with things that are lasting, like heart problems.

This is partially true. The vaccine may have killed some. It's not even sure if the vaccine did it at all, because it is very hard to prove causation. Also, to put things into perspective: each year, 3000 people in the UK die from taking aspirin (source: The Lancet).

The virus, does kill 'some' people too. Over four million people world-wide have reportedly died because of the virus. It has left millions more with long-lasting and life-long, debilitating damage to their organs.

Therefore, your following statement is completely and utterly [insert politically correct, yet emotionally laden insult here]:

I will take my chances with the virus.

This statement is also dangerous and extremely selfish, because not only will you allow yourself to be infected, but you are likely to infect others. At least three other people, according to recent, conservative estimates.

If the hospitals/doctors had used the medicines already available to treat the virus, not so many people would have died.

This, again, is utterly bonkers.

You are accusing practically all hospitals/doctors worldwide of killing people by denying them proper treatment. While they have dedicated their lives to do exactly the opposite.

With your bs, you may convince people not to take the shot either.

People are dying in low-vax compliancy areas of the world because of bs like yours. Because of people like you.

No need to reply. I have blocked you.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.