Maitreya Petite is here!

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So this looks like Maitreya's response to Legacy Perky, but unlike Legacy it's not a whole new body but an add-on, in the same manner as the V-Tech mod. And OMG how much do I love this thing.  Unlike the regular Maitreya chest you can dial the breast size slider down to 0 without it going concave or distorting in any way. It looks great with my boy skin, and also looks good with Pink Fuel and their flat-chest and small-chest options.

I can't show it in all its glory here, but here it is with the included lingerie, made by Addams. Hopefully Addams and some other creators will make content to fit. But in the meantime it fits pretty well with some clothing made for the "Simple Stuff" add-on (Two-Sided is the best store for these). And it fits plenty of regular Maitreya clothing provided that you dial the breast size sliders up a bit (to around 20).

50071340377_005be3a584_b.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

699 I think, maybe 599...🙄 and it takes BOM as well as my Mait skin from Pink Fuel.

I am on the fence atm as I have the Perky already as well as id like to see how well its supported by the clothing designers, well I am hoping.

27 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

699 I think, maybe 599...🙄 and it takes BOM as well as my Mait skin from Pink Fuel.

I am on the fence atm as I have the Perky already as well as id like to see how well its supported by the clothing designers, well I am hoping.

That is almost 5000 L cheaper than Perky. Typical Maitreya. 😁

As @Maitimosaid, one can use it with some Maitreya clothes. This is going to look so good in a bikini and slim shape. I consider it. I am sure Maitreya itself makes a bikini or swimsuit for it. Their clothes are so good.

I am considering it too. Blueberry, Addams, Scandalize... Some of them will make clothes for it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It it Bom, and what does it cost? 😊

It's BOM or layers as you choose (same as the main body) and it's L$599. A little pricier than V-Tech but not massively so, considering the features.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

That is almost 5000 L cheaper than Perky. Typical Maitreya. 😁

As @Maitimosaid, one can use it with some Maitreya clothes. This is going to look so good in a bikini and slim shape. I consider it. I am sure Maitreya itself makes a bikini or swimsuit for it. Their clothes are so good.

I am considering it too. Blueberry, Addams, Scandalize... Some of them will make clothes for it.

The included lingerie will pass as a bikini (you can hide the ruffles) and it's in Addams's usual range of 20-odd colours.  I'm sure that Addams will be quick off the mark with this; they've obviously been working with Maitreya for it already.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 2

I heard about the update needs the V5.2 body if you want to use this new feature plus the update you can now adjust the foot size I believe it was said setting feet to 25 means all existing shoes will still work. As the new petite add-on isn't something I'll be using I did kinda get the impression it was included in the body update. Glad to see they aren't going down the perky route and charging full price and making it a separate body. L$500/600 is a lot more reasonable for people that want it

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I heard about the update needs the V5.2 body if you want to use this new feature plus the update you can now adjust the foot size I believe it was said setting feet to 25 means all existing shoes will still work. As the new petite add-on isn't something I'll be using I did kinda get the impression it was included in the body update. Glad to see they aren't going down the perky route and charging full price and making it a separate body. L$500/600 is a lot more reasonable for people that want it

I think it needs the 5.2 update because the Petite hud fully replaces the regular hud, and does everything for both parts.

And yes, I LOVE being able to increase my foot size. That slider is now all the way up when I'm barefoot and they finally look proportional to the rest of me. They recommend size 25 to fit existing shoes but there's some leeway (probably dependent on the shoe) - I put a pair of KC heels on, slid the slider down by eye until it fit, and it was at 37, and it still fit all the way down to 21.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Wooho! New feet that can be made smaller. I hope there will be many shoes rigged to use the feature. Now I can really make low avatars, since my personal preference is that the static feet looked big under a certain height. Somewhere under 5'8 - 6.

I think Maitreya just sold my small, Asian alt a new body.

• Like 1

I myself am not interested in the petite add-on, though I know many have been asking for it.  It's great to see it priced so reasonably well too.  The Maitreya v5.2 update is the bomb as I can now adjust my feet.  I am a rather tall avatar coming in at just 6 ft.  Believe me, I use to be taller.  Anyways, when I am barefoot I can now have feet that are in line with my body.  Kudos to Maitreya.  

Edited by Cougar Sangria
left out a much needed word.

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Wooho! New feet that can be made smaller. I hope there will be many shoes rigged to use the feature. Now I can really make low avatars, since my personal preference is that the static feet looked big under a certain height. Somewhere under 5'8 - 6.

Haha same here - Asian alt. 

Just bought it and it's lovely. Fits her appearance much better than the original version. The breasts are very easy to reduce and so far no issues with the clothing I've tried with it.

Happy!

• Like 3

I made my avatar shorter, with shorter limbs and smaller head. Then I turned Petite breast size up to 90. This gave me a much better breast shape, and they were just big enough. :)

I can't wait for more clothes. Of course I have bought a lot lately, maybe I am lucky and some of the clothes will be updated with the new shape.

petite_003.jpg

• Like 7

I've always seen Maitreya as already being the petite version... At least there is a third party addon to ad some volume, albeit it adding way too much volume. 😉

The update says "The body script has been adjusted to allow for the new Maitreya chest add-ons"

Plural.

I hope that means they also do a 'busty chest' addon. I'm using Proud Girls in my conversion to Maitreya but it's a bit more than ideal and also as an unofficial item not well supported.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

The limitations of Maitreya breasts have always been at both ends of the slider. If you make them too big OR too small there are (imo of course) issues with shape. Nice to have this option. I do wish they had partnered with a few more brands though for the rollout.  Will be curious to see how fast this is adopted and developed for compared to other offerings. I am liking the flexibility being shown by Maitreya though with their BOM implementation, this new petite chest, and for me particularly the changes to the feet. The idea of resizeable feet was shot down over and over because it would break older shoes and yet they found a way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I had the opposite problem; I'm 7-foot-something, so the default feet looked WAAY to small, like, how do I even manage to balance on such tiny things? With the sliders at 100 they are almost big enough.

I've seen shoes that are rigged to the foot size slider, though admittedly all the ones I've seen are for men and are for flat feet. I'm not sure it would work with heels because of the angle. But yeah we all survived with "change your foot size to zero to fit shoes" for years and years, and no-one complained then that changing foot size would break any content then. It is no different from that.  Lucybody has the same thing; their feet are resizeable too, and they tell you to set them to a particular size to fit Slink shoes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

But yeah we all survived with "change your foot size to zero to fit shoes" for years and years, and no-one complained then that changing foot size would break any content then.

I wouldn't say "no-one complained."  This is SL, someone ALWAYS complains.

• Haha 8

As with Perky, V-Tech, the anime boobs addon who's name I forget, and the minor Belleza bodies; the clothing support will never be high enough to make this addon viable, for me. Not everyone needs a large wardrobe of course, so your millage may vary.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, xBaeBeex said:

i have tried the demo..and i love... but im worried how soon designers will support this. .. 

I understand what you mean. But I am even more interested in shoes that's rigged to follow the feet size. The unrigged shoes cover a large segment with people who does not need or want smaller or bigger feet. The Petite add-on is more talked about than feet and will have more content made for it. I must visit popular Asian/anime events and hope that they create for shorter avatars that want small feet...

The Legacy Perky is said to have growing content made for it. I can not see it growing very fast, based upon what I have found in clothes packs bought recently. Since Maitreya Petite is so cheap, I believe Petite will have more content made for it than Perky ever will.

I hope Maitreya comes with more. A pregnant add-on? Or a larger breasts add-on? Yes to both!

teah I got perky, but the think is, all the legacy tops fit the perky.. so it is worth it if you really want perky.. because.. none of your legacy tops go to waste.. unlike this new petite style.. i tried demo, and some maitreya tops..but the top bust sizes are too big and leave gaps from boobs to material... so.. 599 is alot to pay considering the tops wont even fit it, of course..legacy is way more expensive, but at least the clothes fit it.. plus anything new that fits perky. 

as for shoes though, i didn't even notice that to be honest *L* i was too busy looking at the chest .. so different feet altogether? .. thats.. gonna cause a lot of complications for designers and customers alike... :/ 

.. i really wanted to just buy it on the spot because of how good I looked with petite on.. lol.. but..i hedged... coz.. its still so new and not supported yet.. fingers crossed though eh?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

How well does it work for petite,fit women with large breasts?

It's for petite breasts, not necessarily petite women.  So, not at all.

19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I made my avatar shorter, with shorter limbs and smaller head. Then I turned Petite breast size up to 90. This gave me a much better breast shape, and they were just big enough. :)

petite_003.jpg

This is just about how large the breasts will get. 

@Marianne Little if you have the breast sliders up at 90 you'll probably need two shapes. One like that, for when you're in just underwear (or naked) and one with the breast sliders down as they were before, for when you're wearing clothes, without the Petite add-on. Because if you put a normal Maitreya top or dress on at size 90, the dress is going to be wayy out there.

My solution to the current lack of clothing issue is similar. For me, this add-on is for when I'm naked or in swimwear (which is often). Or when wearing a system layer top. I bought it because of what the breasts actually look like. When I'm wearing regular clothes, no-one can see them, so at that point, I take off the Petite add-on, and have my breast size down as low as it will go without parts of my chest poking through my clothes. I did the same with the V-Tech add-on.

I expect that there will be a decent but never a massive amount of clothing for this; Lara is very popular and I think more people will get this than people who got V-Tech. And we already know that at least Addams is involved in early development, because they provided the included lingerie. And whatever Addams does, Blueberry will copy as soon as they can. So that's two of the biggest clothing brands who will almost certainly be producing content for it.

I'm sure there will be a "busty" option for Lara at some point in the future too but I'm not so sure if that will be as successful. Women who want busty have already got Freya or Hourglass, for which there is already plenty of clothing support, and I think there'll be fewer women wanting that than those who want Petite. For those of us who wanted a very small chest to begin with, Lara was (and still is) the only viable, well-supported body, and yet for some including myself, Lara is still disappointing at very small breast sizes. It doesn't work with sliders less than about 10-15, and there is always an under-boob crease. The Petite add-on fixes both of those issues.

2 hours ago, xBaeBeex said:

as for shoes though, i didn't even notice that to be honest *L* i was too busy looking at the chest .. so different feet altogether? .. thats.. gonna cause a lot of complications for designers and customers alike... :/ 

It's not different feet at all, and there's no complication for anyone. All you need to do is make sure your foot size is below about 30 when you're wearing shoes. Maitreya recommends size 25 for a perfect fit but after trying out many of my shoes, anything below about 35 is sufficient for most of them. And for boots or flats where your feet are alpha'd out anyway, you don't even need to bother at all. I'm sure some shoe-makers will start making bento shoes that respond to the sliders (a lot of men's shoes already do this) but until they do, it's no more complicated than checking your foot size when you put heels on.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.