Maitreya Petite is here!

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Maitimo, almost the best with the Petite pack is the boob skins from Pink Fuel.

I had to try to make a "small boob" shape without the petite add-on. As you say, the Petite will need its own shape. I was very satisfied with wearing only the skin tattoo over my usual Lara. It cancel out the cleavage, and the effect is much the same when I wear it and a top over. The breast shading is what makes it so hard to get realistic small boobs. One can set the breast size down, but it is still drawn on and makes the look very ugly. I must look at Pink Fuel and see if their small-chest options work with other skins than the Glam Affair ones.

• Like 2

I'm curious to see how it goes with people rigging for it, the one thing that kept me from buying it for Neph (aside from being broke) was the hair though. I think that the creator whose hairs I favor has rigged the long hairs with Maitreya in mind for their 'small' versions, which fit her quite perfectly - with the perky demo on I noticed the hair was floating way off the breast, and that increasing the size just made the hair move away further. Sighs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

@Maitimo, almost the best with the Petite pack is the boob skins from Pink Fuel.

I had to try to make a "small boob" shape without the petite add-on. As you say, the Petite will need its own shape. I was very satisfied with wearing only the skin tattoo over my usual Lara. It cancel out the cleavage, and the effect is much the same when I wear it and a top over. The breast shading is what makes it so hard to get realistic small boobs. One can set the breast size down, but it is still drawn on and makes the look very ugly. I must look at Pink Fuel and see if their small-chest options work with other skins than the Glam Affair ones.

Pink Fuel does those options for their own skins too (I have some) but they don't work with other skins., There are a number of femboy skins with flat chest shading which work (I have a few of those too). But for the most part I'm currently wearing a male skin (I made an overlay to cover the male nipples and added female nipples on top). 

19 minutes ago, Tarani Tempest said:

Not sure it has been posted, but Izzie's has a lovely small breast fixer with system and appliers included.  You can pretty much change any of your skins to a small breast look with minimal shading:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-Small-Breast/19835916

OOH nice, that's one I have not tried yet. And Izzie's stuff is usually really good.

Edited by Maitimo

Slink has had a Petite for some time. While Slink has not been as popular as Maitreya or as well supported the Petite is even less popular and way less supported. My guess is the same may happen here.

But.... we can hope it catches on. 

Until then I am still wondering where women are finding their MMM cup size bras...

• Like 1

Related to the above, my only negative comment is: couldn't Maitreya have partnered with a few more brands to make a splash ON the release day? You'd think the by FAR most popular body on the grid could call in a few favors. Bit of a bummer to have so many people asking about clothes in the Lara Friends channel only to be told use that one bra (doubles as a bikini!) or painted on BOM, or wait. Wasn't Maitreya once known for making high quality clothes themselves?  I saw one prominent creator of lingerie state today on flickr they wouldn't be doing Petite because they "already rig for Perky."  A body which btw somehow got  *100* designers to release clothes the same weekend. Maybe I will be accused of concern trolling again but if Maitreya wants to make it a going concern maybe they need to pursue creators more aggressively. The upstarts certainly are.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Related to the above, my only negative comment is: couldn't Maitreya have partnered with a few more brands to make a splash ON the release day? You'd think the by FAR most popular body on the grid could call in a few favors. Bit of a bummer to have so many people asking about clothes in the Lara Friends channel only to be told use that one bra (doubles as a bikini!) or painted on BOM, or wait. Wasn't Maitreya once known for making high quality clothes themselves?  I saw one prominent creator of lingerie state today on flickr they wouldn't be doing Petite because they "already rig for Perky."  A body which btw somehow got  *100* designers to release clothes the same weekend. Maybe I will be accused of concern trolling again but if Maitreya wants to make it a going concern maybe they need to pursue creators more aggressively. The upstarts certainly are.

Biggest reason I bought my Legacy when I did, other then it was 50% off.. was Blueberry was rigging for it. Now, most all the designers I buy from rig for it and alot the Perky as well.

I do hope we see some clothing out for this. Now, I did as one yesterday and they replied that they were not really thinking about it, though they are putting out clothes for the Perky.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

I'm curious to see how it goes with people rigging for it, the one thing that kept me from buying it for Neph (aside from being broke) was the hair though. I think that the creator whose hairs I favor has rigged the long hairs with Maitreya in mind for their 'small' versions, which fit her quite perfectly - with the perky demo on I noticed the hair was floating way off the breast, and that increasing the size just made the hair move away further. Sighs.

My hair always float way off the chest, have done that for years... sigh. I do not remember if I have seen one single hairstyle that does not float.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

I'm looking for a new mesh body. This sounds interesting as my avatar isn't very curvy and doesn't require a large wardrobe. It's making me pause in buying anything else right now. Just to see what develops. Maybe I should pair it with a Genus head now that those are available again. So many decisions. 

1 hour ago, Kannazuki Koba said:

I would like to know the good BoM shapes and Skins that are out here for the petite add on?

I think any BOM body skin will work on it, Not sure about the head though, might need a head specific skin for it. I am using a BOM body skin and a Catwa applier for my head

5 hours ago, Kannazuki Koba said:

I would like to know the good BoM shapes and Skins that are out here for the petite add on?

Any skin that does not have really hard breast shading. Because that can look weird, like a RL girl with small breasts was taking body pant and outlined her breasts. The Petite add-on comes with all the Glam Affair skin matching tattoos as well.. I have to look if it is only a chest part or bigger.

12 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Slink has had a Petite for some time. While Slink has not been as popular as Maitreya or as well supported the Petite is even less popular and way less supported. My guess is the same may happen here.

But.... we can hope it catches on. 

Until then I am still wondering where women are finding their MMM cup size bras...

Slink was already on its way down in popularity... falling hard at that time. I believe I bought one alt Hourglass then, so she could continue to shop. This alt became a more curvy one then.

I read about the Slink Petite breasts in their blog, and have never heard of it, or seen any sign of it in the big brands clothing packs. I rarely go looking for small stores that make clothing for less used bodies.

7 hours ago, Kannazuki Koba said:

Using Session skin myself, as they also have BOM layers, one of them is "small breast" that takes out the shadows. Works really well

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

Not sure it has been posted, but Izzie's has a lovely small breast fixer with system and appliers included.  You can pretty much change any of your skins to a small breast look with minimal shading:

Quoting this again because this works really well. I've tried it with several skins including the male one I've been wearing lately and it's really good (much better than a similar thing I tried to make).  

20 hours ago, Orwar said:

I have this problem with most hair, even without the Petite.  Tried a few different styles yesterday, best results with Doux, Truth and Kuni.  Magika... not so well, unfortunately.

And it sounds counter-intuitive but I got best results with Doux and Truth by reducing the breast size slider (and the opposite with Kuni, which is rigged so close to the chest I had to increase it).

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, I made an in world group to share information about releases for the Maitreya Petite Addon,  feel free to join and talk about it, and any designers that want to be able to send notices, just let me know. Maitreya Petite Friends secondlife:///app/group/53959ab0-da83-bb5d-e15c-71a029121f91/about

Edited by mariah004
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 3:12 AM, AyelaNewLife said:

As with Perky, V-Tech, the anime boobs addon who's name I forget, and the minor Belleza bodies; the clothing support will never be high enough to make this addon viable, for me. Not everyone needs a large wardrobe of course, so your millage may vary.

vtech made their own stuff and others made stuff for vtech even if it isnt a lot, but there are so many stores that support it in world not on market place.

but this is made by maitreya themselves. you best believe they are gonna be updating their clothing for it so yes, there is going to be a massive surge of support for petite, ive already heard a heavy handful of designers are staring their updates like blueberry addams etc

Don't forget also that you can still wear a lot of regular Maitreya clothing with the Petite. Maybe not a skimpy bra, but in most cases it's just a matter of dialling down the breast size slider and use the hud to alpha the nipples and sometimes part of the lower breast.

All of these have the breast size set somewhere between 7 and 17. Left to right: Blueberry, Addams, Sn@tch, Beautiful Dirty Rich, Bowtique, Mia's Closet. Only the Blueberry one needed extensive use of alpha cuts.

sixtops.thumb.jpg.75d0173f70b31186cb48a56d3b5169bc.jpg

On 7/4/2020 at 6:03 PM, Tarani Tempest said:

I was going to come here to post the same thing. This set of layers works amazingly, since every skin I have has too much built-in boob-shadow. Izzy indirectly made the chest a viable purchase.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I was going to come here to post the same thing. This set of layers works amazingly, since every skin I have has too much built-in boob-shadow. Izzy indirectly made the chest a viable purchase.

And it has 2 kinds of boob-shade be gone too. One with a very subtle shade, one with barely shading. That's good value. I use them on other skins, and can't see any seam at all, it is lots and lots of skin tones. Plus that they are mod, so they can be tinted in fantasy tones.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.