NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

"Dive In" and it neighbor region, plus their twins, also on edge of the new Stilt continents, is one of the regions I monitor.

I missed "Dive In" probably because it was released nighttime for me. I said to a friend, that these regions was how I had dreamed Stilt regions would look. The small island with lots of charming plants. Other Stilt regions are not so pretty.

The house directions in that region puzzled me, for the same reason. You can see two another houses, also with the front facing the open water. And it is even more of them. Only the pink house to your left has a perfect placement.

I am not sure what I would do if I were you. The region is lovely, but can you live with that placement. Will it sour you every time you think how it could have been?

It is always possible with a wrap around porch out to the edge of your plot. Maybe change to the other house model that has a balcony facing the "right" way?

Good luck making the Lindens turn the house... I really doubt they will.

The nice previous owner of the house contacted me and gave me this nice terrace as a start, I like it, for now I'll work on the inside and leave the outside last.

Snapshot_9253.thumb.png.5893478b7f7890b6f0997148b1f66a90.png

I'll keep this house for my main, I created my first alt 5 days ago for a better chance of getting a good location, I don't know why I'm obsessed the stilts, as linden homes never attracted me or inspired me to do anything with with it, every home I get I ended up abandoning it days later, but with the stilt the ideas keeps coming, it really grew in me when i was exploring it, I still want one of the locations OL i posted earlier in the thread, so I hope my alt will do his job that he was created for, and get me one or else!   😠

12 hours ago, Malayaa said:

@SarahThe Wanderer  I did this at my OW house where the front door faces the ocean, after seeing the pictures on forum of @Sparkely Sugar and what she did to her front entrance  :)  I am very happy with how it turned out, maybe you could do something similar?

1952101250_PierPleasure.png.da30cffecb5820de7917f10a615c952c.png

That's very lovely, I'll see what i can do for the outside depending on how many prims i have left, Thanks for the tip!

14 hours ago, Quiet Mirabella said:

Can you create a deck going from the lower deck at the back back to your  front door ?

Thanks I'll try to do that!

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I find it odd that it is classified as an On Land house.  I'm pretty sure @Quartz Mole had said that the designation was based on where the center of the house was.  No matter what style you change to, I can't see how the center would ever be over that little bit of land.

I'm really sorry I gave the wrong information, I checked the home label again and it's actually OW!

stilt.jpg.35474d65117f86cfd97e996e52bef439.jpg

I swear I saw it OL that's why I clicked on it, if i saw it OW i wouldn't have clicked it!

But I'm glad I did, I guess me and this region are meant to be 😛

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

The nice previous owner of the house contacted me and gave me this nice terrace as a start, I like it, for now I'll work on the inside and leave the outside last.

Snapshot_9253.thumb.png.5893478b7f7890b6f0997148b1f66a90.png

I'll keep this house for my main, I created my first alt 5 days ago for a better chance of getting a good location, I don't know why I'm obsessed the stilts, as linden homes never attracted me or inspired me to do anything with with it, every home I get I ended up abandoning it days later, but with the stilt the ideas keeps coming, it really grew in me when i was exploring it, I still want one of the locations OL i posted earlier in the thread, so I hope my alt will do his job that he was created for, and get me one or else!   😠

That's very lovely, I'll see what i can do for the outside depending on how many prims i have left, Thanks for the tip!

Thanks I'll try to do that!

I'm really sorry I gave the wrong information, I checked the home label again and it's actually OW!

I swear I saw it OL that's why I clicked on it, if i saw it OW i wouldn't have clicked it!

That terrace is lovely :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

The house design of On Water is determined when the house rezzes - something about where the click box is and thus the parcel center, if I remember right.  I'm not totally sure that is done the same way as the whatever determines the category that the parcel gets on the Land page.  Depending on how that is determined, you might have clicked an "On Land' item on the Land page and received an On Water parcel -- if the script determining such is messed up.  I'd suggest sending Quartz the SLURL or LM, just to be sure.

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The house design of On Water is determined when the house rezzes - something about where the click box is and thus the parcel center, if I remember right.  I'm not totally sure that is done the same way as the whatever determines the category that the parcel gets on the Land page.  Depending on how that is determined, you might have clicked an "On Land' item on the Land page and received an On Water parcel -- if the script determining such is messed up.  I'd suggest sending Quartz the SLURL or LM, just to be sure.

Sure, I will.

It is possible to build quite big decks around the house and the entrance side. The thing one misses, is that free feeling of sitting indoors and open the large sliding doors to the view.

After flying through the regions I like best, I am noticing how many of the houses that's turned the wrong direction. With "wrong" I mean that the entrance is to the open view, and the large sliding doors toward another deck.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is possible to build quite big decks around the house and the entrance side. The thing one misses, is that free feeling of sitting indoors and open the large sliding doors to the view.

After flying through the regions I like best, I am noticing how many of the houses that's turned the wrong direction. With "wrong" I mean that the entrance is to the open view, and the large sliding doors toward another deck.

Yes.  This is a pet peeve with many of the home themes, but is especially noticeable on the stilts.  I would expect OW homes to have rotation options, but I assume there were too many challenges to implement it.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Hey Kylie! I follow you on flicker, I'm a fan of your decorations/landscaping!

I would love to see what you will do with the stilts < 3 

Thank you for the lovely comment :)  Not sure about the stilts, really limited on LI which I'm not used to.  Will let you know when done or post pics.

• Like 1

• Moles

Before anyone builds any decks, remember that if they extend past your parcel line they will be returned to you. 

"Any resident owned mesh or prim 'land' or other objects on Stilt water parcels must be completely within the borders of the parcel and not extend into waterways blocking or obscuring them in any fashion. This also applies to any vehicles parked or moored on the parcel as well as phantom objects such as rocks or surf. "  -Linden Homes Covenant

Edit: The posts at the corners are a visual guide. You can see your parcel boundaries by using the following keyboard shortcuts (toggle on/off):
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P = Show Parcel Lines
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+7 = Hide Water

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 12

12 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Before anyone builds any decks, remember that if they extend past your parcel line they will be returned to you. 

"Any resident owned mesh or prim 'land' or other objects on Stilt water parcels must be completely within the borders of the parcel and not extend into waterways blocking or obscuring them in any fashion. This also applies to any vehicles parked or moored on the parcel as well as phantom objects such as rocks or surf. "  -Linden Homes Covenant

Edit: The posts at the corners are a visual guide. You can see your parcel boundaries by using the following keyboard shortcuts (toggle on/off):

And for me, in Firestorm, when I click on "land" my parcel get walls around so it is in a yellow "box". Very easy to control that no part pokes through those yellow "walls". This is really handy, especially when building several meters up. You do not have to move objects up and down to see if they are inside. The yellow walls go thousands of m up in the air. Very handy with skyboxes and platforms.

I do not know if the official viewer has this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

When I am dealing with a new lot, I briefly turn on parcel boundaries, to be found under World/Show More in Firestorm.

Yes, but they are lines that follow the ground. I used to rez a prim on the ground, stretch it to fit and lift it up to building height. But I found out that was not necessary when I do it my way. Potato, potato.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Not just the decks.  There are a few that have lots of plants outside their borders.

• Like 3

Plants or any other objects outside border isn’t against covenant as long as it’s reasonable. Linden staffers are not going around policing every small (or huge) violation. It’s obvious when you look around they’re letting some things slide. Maybe some things they shouldn’t? As long as something is in theme and reasonable, I don’t think they’ll concern themselves with upsetting a paying customer. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Plants or any other objects outside border isn’t against covenant as long as it’s reasonable

Objects outside your parcel borders are indeed against covenant, doesn't matter if it's a plant or brick wall.  The covenant says:

*Objects that extend outside of your parcel can be returned without warning or notice.  ...

*Public space outside your parcel lines is just that… public space. Do not extend objects outside of your parcel in a way that will block, wall off, or “claim” public areas for yourself to the exclusion of other residents.

As for the below, please keep in mind that people who use the public areas outside of your parcel are also paying customers.  I am a paying customer, and I have reported the non-phantom neighbor's plant that is keeping me from walking on part of my parcel.  I would also report any plant that kept me from driving on a public road or waterway.  If everyone comes to think as you do, then of course LL would not be able to police every infraction.  That is not a reason to call on everyone in Belli to violate the covenant, as you are doing.

32 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Linden staffers are not going around policing every small (or huge) violation. It’s obvious when you look around they’re letting some things slide. Maybe some things they shouldn’t? As long as something is in theme and reasonable, I don’t think they’ll concern themselves with upsetting a paying customer. 

• Like 6

• Moles
20 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Plants or any other objects outside border isn’t against covenant as long as it’s reasonable. Linden staffers are not going around policing every small (or huge) violation. It’s obvious when you look around they’re letting some things slide. Maybe some things they shouldn’t? As long as something is in theme and reasonable, I don’t think they’ll concern themselves with upsetting a paying customer. 

Actually, anything that extends outside your parcel is technically against the covenant and subject to return. Also remember that reasonable is a relative term. Sometimes when we talk to a person who believes theirs is reasonable simply because (in their view) it isn't hurting anybody or blocking anything important (even though it may be) they will point to someone whose plants are just across the line and ask "How come they can do it and I can't?"

There is also the consideration that when a new person gets their home who may not be aware of the covenant, they will see a parcel with things far outside the lines and assume it is allowed and perfectly natural to have decks or a dock or rocks or plants or any manner of things extending far outside their land into the surrounding water (a practice I have dubbed "landspreading" 😒)

As far as enforcement goes, we understand many people may simply not be aware of the covenant (which is a big reason for my post, to raise awareness) and we like to give people the benefit of the doubt in most cases. Many people moving in over the holidays as also been a factor in being more lenient. If however, the practice becomes widespread and problematic more rigorous enforcement may become necessary. 

Please help spread the word and let people know that anything that extends outside their parcel could be returned without notice. 🙏

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Plants or any other objects outside border isn’t against covenant as long as it’s reasonable.

Therein lies the issue.  As Abnor says, "reasonable" is subjective.

I'll agree that a few tree branches hanging a bit outside the property line are no big deal.  Having tons of plants and such outside your parcel boundaries is a problem, IMO, whether or not it appears that it would be impacting anyone directly.  It sets a bad precedent to let things go that far.  There are too many people that will just keep pushing that invisible line of 'what can I get away with'.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

And for me, in Firestorm, when I click on "land" my parcel get walls around so it is in a yellow "box". Very easy to control that no part pokes through those yellow "walls". This is really handy, especially when building several meters up. You do not have to move objects up and down to see if they are inside. The yellow walls go thousands of m up in the air. Very handy with skyboxes and platforms.

I do not know if the official viewer has this.

@Marianne LittleI use FS too and clicking "land" just brings up the "about land" popup. No parcel walls.

I think we are clicking different links and I wish I knew how to bring up the "walls."

Thank you for bringing this to my awareness. I will keep looking.

15 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Thank you for the lovely comment :)  Not sure about the stilts, really limited on LI which I'm not used to.  Will let you know when done or post pics.

Yes, it's my first time decorating linden home as well and I'm already suffering, I haven't even started and I'm out of prims 🙃

Snapshot_9267.thumb.png.ed76983402a8e86db8441e445503ac96.png

such a rookie 😅

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

@Marianne LittleI use FS too and clicking "land" just brings up the "about land" popup. No parcel walls.

I think we are clicking different links and I wish I knew how to bring up the "walls."

Thank you for bringing this to my awareness. I will keep looking.

This is what Marianne is talking about --- set these options in Firestorm and then click About Land.

image.png.5e15c201841db1373ec30da2d47c5f0b.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.