NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I just caught this home OL in "Dive In" the region that I wanted, and missed it! I can't believe my luck!

It's a very nice location, but one thing is bothering me, why the front door is facing the water? it supposed to face the land and the back of the house should face the water for the view!

it's a sim edge and i can't enjoy it, the front door is enjoying it!! ☹️

Webp.net-resizeimage(57).thumb.jpg.2d4f32ac973b214558025d666a283fa0.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(56).thumb.jpg.f8ed57703031cdd5f96811a8d2fa9f2f.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(54).thumb.jpg.4e45cde9826ce1f0a966f835c78f747d.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(55).thumb.jpg.8f7813009f65c48a1cb445c75cc52f16.jpg

"Dive In" and it neighbor region, plus their twins, also on edge of the new Stilt continents, is one of the regions I monitor.

I missed "Dive In" probably because it was released nighttime for me. I said to a friend, that these regions was how I had dreamed Stilt regions would look. The small island with lots of charming plants. Other Stilt regions are not so pretty.

The house directions in that region puzzled me, for the same reason. You can see two another houses, also with the front facing the open water. And it is even more of them. Only the pink house to your left has a perfect placement.

I am not sure what I would do if I were you. The region is lovely, but can you live with that placement. Will it sour you every time you think how it could have been?

It is always possible with a wrap around porch out to the edge of your plot. Maybe change to the other house model that has a balcony facing the "right" way?

Good luck making the Lindens turn the house... I really doubt they will.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words to clarify
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Deadly silence!      Nobody any NEWS??

Didn't anybody talk to @Patch Linden in the chatgroup these days?

Did he say anything about whether or not the Stilts- massrelease will be today?

... or tomorrow? or how long we will have to wait?

Patch Linden used to chat in the Bellisseria Citizens group. If he has gone silent, he has too much work to be social, I assume.

It can be a good sign, it can be a bad sign. Their first long release went well, besides the stuck home controllers. I don't think that should hold back a new release. Maybe all the people that are needed to help people with problems and restart regions, are working on other issues and can not be available for a release.

I just hope we get a warning, at least a few hours before they start again. Best would be a day's notice.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I just caught this home OL in "Dive In" the region that I wanted, and missed it! I can't believe my luck!

It's a very nice location, but one thing is bothering me, why the front door is facing the water? it supposed to face the land and the back of the house should face the water for the view!

This is lovely, a dream. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Patch Linden used to chat in the Bellisseria Citizens group. If he has gone silent, he has too much work to be social, I assume.

It can be a good sign, it can be a bad sign. Their first long release went well, besides the stuck home controllers. I don't think that should hold back a new release. Maybe all the people that are needed to help people with problems and restart regions, are working on other issues and can not be available for a release.

I just hope we get a warning, at least a few hours before they start again. Best would be a day's notice.

I think it’s odd that the only engaging Linden is Patch. Since the start of Bellisseria, he has been promoted to a higher position. Isn’t it time to delegate a new Linden to engage with the people lol... maybe someone with less on their plate? Whoever volunteers or gets picked for this job will be a rockstar. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Can you create a deck going from the lower deck at the back back to your  front door ?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I find it odd that it is classified as an On Land house.  I'm pretty sure @Quartz Mole had said that the designation was based on where the center of the house was.  No matter what style you change to, I can't see how the center would ever be over that little bit of land.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Deadly silence!      Nobody any NEWS??

Didn't anybody talk to @Patch Linden in the chatgroup these days?

Did he say anything about whether or not the Stilts- massrelease will be today?

... or tomorrow? or how long we will have to wait?

You asked this at 2 AM SLT! I would think Patch and the gang were still sleeping. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Moles
19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I find it odd that it is classified as an On Land house.  I'm pretty sure @Quartz Mole had said that the designation was based on where the center of the house was.  No matter what style you change to, I can't see how the center would ever be over that little bit of land.

No, I said it's based on the centre of the parcel, not the house.  

If the centre of the parcel is above water, then the parcel is OL, even if the house itself appears to be surrounded by water on all sides (though I don't think there should many like that, if any at all).   

The direction the house faces is determined by where the HouseController is.   The house faces the side of the parcel where whoever was laying out the region decided to put the HouseController for that parcel     And we can't move them after the region has been released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

• Moles
18 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Some of them are in the wrong cathegory @LittleMe Jewell. I once picked up a Stilt on Pier which definately was all on water not even near to a pier. Abandoned it.

14 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Same. I have gotten an OW house when I was going for pier!

If you find any you think are in the wrong category, please drop me a LM or slurl and I'll take a look.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Never mind...Quartz Mole has clarified.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander

25 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

No, I said it's based on the centre of the parcel, not the house.  

If the centre of the parcel is above water, then the parcel is OL, even if the house itself appears to be surrounded by water on all sides (though I don't think there should many like that, if any at all).   

That actually makes more sense, since the different house styles could put the house center in different locations.

Going back and looking at the pictures though, I still can't see how that house could be called On Land.  Granted, we can't see all of the corner posts in the pictures, but there is just so little land there compared to the amount of water. 

Also, re-looking at the pictures, the front of the house does not have any steps attached, which should also mean "On Water".

This post:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

• Moles
3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That actually makes more sense, since the different house styles could put the house center in different locations.

Going back and looking at the pictures though, I still can't see how that house could be called On Land.  Granted, we can't see all of the corner posts in the pictures, but there is just so little land there compared to the amount of water. 

Also, re-looking at the pictures, the front of the house does not have any steps attached, which should also mean "On Water".

This post:

I'd have to inspect the parcel and look under the house to comment, since I can't tell from the pictures where the centre of the parcel is, other than somewhere under the house.

I know how our various scripted tools determine to which category a house belongs -- OW, OL or OP -- so if there are parcels where they're returning inaccurate results, I need to take a look at the parcel to see what's gone wrong.     That's why I asked for slurls or LMs.   Pictures don't give me the information I need, I'm afraid.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

If you find any you think are in the wrong category, please drop me a LM or slurl and I'll take a look.   

I am keeping record. That was in Seahawk 108 23 on Dec 25th. - got it as "on Pier" - might have been corrected meanwhile

image.thumb.jpeg.8c7be5575e0d24041b6736464c786c85.jpeg

grafik.thumb.png.5ee186e81f579f745e83b95f2cc686f8.png

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am keeping record. That was in Seahawk 108 23 on Dec 25th. - got it as "on Pier" - might have been corrected meanwhile

image.thumb.jpeg.8c7be5575e0d24041b6736464c786c85.jpeg

grafik.thumb.png.5ee186e81f579f745e83b95f2cc686f8.png

I think I got that one too -- I remember it was in Seahawk, and was confused when I clicked "on pier," but there was no pier connected to the house (I thought it was just my viewer not rezzing it). My browser history says that was on the 23rd.

I can send Quartz a LM in-world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.