NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Oliveryork said:

I have found with the no house problem, that the controller can't be reset, no matter how long I left click on it. I just get the message saying, choose a house, which of course, I can't and because of my time zone, live chat is closed.

There appears to be quite a few empty lots around the stilts homes and they seem to always choose me ☹️

If you love the location, all you have to do is stick it out until Support can come take care of the problem.  

You can also mention the problem in the Bellisseria Citizens group and sometimes a Mole is online and watching group chat - and they'll offer to come fix it for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Moles
10 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

For some odd reason the sliding doors in my Havana stopped working. Instead of closing they just continue to open even wider - sliding into the windows... o.O
Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? Do I need to re-rezz the house? @Abnor Mole, @Quartz Mole

Re-rez it, please.   If it continues, then please let me know where the house is, but I think a re-rez should fix it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moles
7 hours ago, Oliveryork said:

I have found with the no house problem, that the controller can't be reset, no matter how long I left click on it. I just get the message saying, choose a house, which of course, I can't and because of my time zone, live chat is closed.

There appears to be quite a few empty lots around the stilts homes and they seem to always choose me ☹️

What region is this?   I'd like to take a look, please.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

What region is this?   I'd like to take a look, please.

Well I don't remember, but the last region I left it looked like there were 3 no house lots, by the time I left. That region was called Harborview Wharf.

• Moles
5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I had that problem yesterday at Stonewell 115 175 - abandoned it! ... might be solved by now

grafik.thumb.png.856fbe6d7083f4d312803d7f718f8fcc.png

Thanks!    In this case, floating the mouse pointer over the housecontroller, holding the left mouse button down for 2 seconds, and then releasing it fixed the issue.

As people will remember, the release was disrupted by some server-side problems, which meant many of the scripts could not retrieve the data they needed properly to initialise when the regions were first released, and this is one of the consequences.

When LL return to work tomorrow, we can review where we are, but once everyone's back things should get back to normal pretty quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Thanks!    In this case, floating the mouse pointer over the housecontroller, holding the left mouse button down for 2 seconds, and then releasing it fixed the issue...

In fact I did exactly that ... several times over ... holding the button much longer ... and NOTHING happened. I had the impression that as long as the blue window shows the controller doesn't react to anything but an answer to the question there ... and as soon as I click the post (short or long) that window shows.

Might be yesterday was something wrong with the server that is fixed meanwhile??

• Like 1

• Moles
34 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

In fact I did exactly that ... several times over ... holding the button much longer ... and NOTHING happened. I had the impression that as long as the blue window shows the controller doesn't react to anything but an answer to the question there ... and as soon as I click the post (short or long) that window shows.

Might be yesterday was something wrong with the server that is fixed meanwhile??

I don't know.     If you can get up any sort of menu, then the housecontroller script is working.  If it doesn't contain any house names, or no items at all, then that means it failed to read the list of menu items properly.     A long-touch reset (which is what I did) will normally fix that, as it did for me an hour or so ago  (I have other ways of resetting the script, too, but I deliberately chose that one to check it was working).    

It may be that the last time you tried to reset the script, there was some issue server-side that was preventing the menu items from loading which has since been fixed, or has fixed itself.    I don't know.

As you'll probably recall, SL started having various mechanical difficulties when we were trying to release the regions just before the holiday break, which meant that the scripts encountered all sorts of bizarre and unexpected conditions (I was trying to make sense of the error messages, and some of them were like the dreaded "out of cheese" error in the Discworld computer in Terry Pratchett's novels) which, in some cases, has clearly thrown up anomalous situations from which the scripts' error handling couldn't cleanly recover.     This may well have been one of them.

Having observed the situation over the break as best I could I'm reasonably confident that, once SL is back to normal, we'll be able to apply fixes for any outstanding issues pretty quickly, so please be patient while we bang on things a bit more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

Got my dream stilt home location! I looked online to know exactly what style I wanted without cycling through styles and POOF. No house. 

PLEASE help! Is there anything I can do? I can't place a non-linden house temporarily because it's against the rules but it's just empty sand. I'm so heartbroken 😭

Edit: The region reset did the trick, sorry for crying so quickly 😳

Edited by IvyAmos
situation changed
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, IvyAmos said:

Got my dream stilt home location! I looked online to know exactly what style I wanted without cycling through styles and POOF. No house. 

PLEASE help! Is there anything I can do?

Did you try clicking and holding the house controller for several seconds until it said resetting? If not try that first you should be off your property and leave it a full minute before trying to do anything, if that doesn't help reach out to live chat/support, you could also try the Bellisseria Citizens group chat Moles and other LL staff do pop up in group chat and can help

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Having observed the situation over the break as best I could I'm reasonably confident that, once SL is back to normal, we'll be able to apply fixes for any outstanding issues pretty quickly, so please be patient while we bang on things a bit more.

Thank you @Quartz Molefor being here during the holidays observing and give a helping hand to all who needed it 🙂 Happy New Year 2021 to you!

Edited by Sum Littlepaws
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It is still 3-4 hours left of LL business hours, right?

But I am gambling that they don't release  today, and take my strong painkillers and go over to my bed. Even if it's not more than nine PM in my timezone. It is not a good day for this RL body.

It is not a matter of life or death if I miss the chance to upgrade to a better region. I have already decorated the ones I have, and decorating is 95% of the fun.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Oliveryork said:

Hello

There are some stilt homes that are partially on land and partially on water.

I know all of the categories of stilt homes, but I haven't worked out what category that type of stilt home is in.

Can anyone help me with that, please?

I believe it was said that it depends on where the center of the house is.  If the center of the house is over land, then OL.  If the center of the house lies over water, then it is OW.  You can get some land under Over Water homes and some parts of Over Land houses can be over the water.  Nice and clear, right?

Oh, and welcome to the Game of Homes

dice.png.9e8eede8841d4c5ae23f42f314763190.png

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Oliveryork said:

Hello

There are some stilt homes that are partially on land and partially on water.

I know all of the categories of stilt homes, but I haven't worked out what category that type of stilt home is in.

Can anyone help me with that, please?

Cinnamon's description is correct.

Basically figure out if you want at least the majority of the house On Land or On Water and that is what you pick, knowing that you might get a parcel where certain styles of the home could be a bit of it over water/land (whichever you didn't actually pick).

Ultimately, if you don't like the resulting location, just Abandon it and go again.  There will definitely be more Stilt home releases coming soon - likely before the week is out.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just caught this home OL in "Dive In" the region that I wanted, and missed it! I can't believe my luck!

It's a very nice location, but one thing is bothering me, why the front door is facing the water? it supposed to face the land and the back of the house should face the water for the view!

it's a sim edge and i can't enjoy it, the front door is enjoying it!! ☹️

Webp.net-resizeimage(57).thumb.jpg.2d4f32ac973b214558025d666a283fa0.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(56).thumb.jpg.f8ed57703031cdd5f96811a8d2fa9f2f.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(54).thumb.jpg.4e45cde9826ce1f0a966f835c78f747d.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(55).thumb.jpg.8f7813009f65c48a1cb445c75cc52f16.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.