NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

About the blinds... I almost never use them, as said. But since I have a Stilt Pier, I thought it could be fine to close the blinds on the front door + door window. Well, that covered the windows in the great room too. So no way to cover only the public side. That was a bit annoying. I better use a phantom prim and a show/hide script. I have to manipulate the prim so it don't cover the door, or else I can't click and open the door. Not so fun.

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

About the blinds... I almost never use them, as said. But since I have a Stilt Pier, I thought it could be fine to close the blinds on the front door + door window. Well, that covered the windows in the great room too. So no way to cover only the public side. That was a bit annoying. I better use a phantom prim and a show/hide script. I have to manipulate the prim so it don't cover the door, or else I can't click and open the door. Not so fun.

That was probably the oddest part of it all -- that the blinds on the door are not separated from the room windows.  

At least with them not being partially there when 'uncovered' -- unlike the Traditionals and Houseboats -- it does at least make it easier to do your own thing.

12 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

For what it's worth, I've had frequent, intermittent difficulty rezzing on alt lands for almost as long as I've had Belli homes. But the problem goes away for me when I make a prim and rez on that.

Thanks for the tip - I tried creating a 'rez platform' on my deck and set it to the group, but while my main account can edit and move it, she still can't rez anything on it. When/if I can figure out what's going on, with Quartz's help, I'll report back!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

i'd be happy to give you some 1 li color blinds that can be raised or lowered as you please. lust im me inworld if you want them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Ugh, what is this?  Right in the middle of the stilts...I thought you couldn't remove the Linden homes :(

https://gyazo.com/091d610eb00c8b7d03c27dbf1ed2e002

I reported it yesterday - I landed the house near it (didn't keep it). Hopefully it will be taken care of shortly.

Probably was someone who's house didn't rez and was too lazy to learn how to reset the controller. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I reported it yesterday - I landed the house near it (didn't keep it). Hopefully it will be taken care of shortly.

Probably was someone who's house didn't rez and was too lazy to learn how to reset the controller. 

Yes, same...landed here, probably won't keep it :P

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Ugh, what is this?  Right in the middle of the stilts...I thought you couldn't remove the Linden homes :(

We can’t remove the Linden homes. There have been a number of reported instances of those homes disappearing because of problems with the house controller. Looks like someone has found a temporary solution, but it is against the Covenant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I landed a place without a house - OL - and tried to reset the house controller. Nothing helped, not relogging and trying again either. I know how to do it, because the pier house my main avatar holds, had the issue. And there, I could reset the house controller.

I believe the region itself need a restart, but to get help from LL during this long holiday is probably not happening.

I choose to see it as "I set up a house until people get back to work and help me".

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't live there.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I landed a place without a house - OL - and tried to reset the house controller. Nothing helped, not relogging and trying again either. I know how to do it, because the pier house my main avatar holds, had the issue. And there, I could reset the house controller.

I believe the region itself need a restart, but to get help from LL during this long holiday is probably not happening.

I choose to see it as "I set up a house until people get back to work and help me".

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't live there.

5 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

Noticing that TWO homes are gone in a  region called "Dive In" On land and its a really nice area!

I am talking about the "on land" style

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dive In/121/115/23

You can contact support using online chat - they can restart regions/fix controllers in minutes (online chat is available at weekends and was only closed on New Year's Day)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Yeah, I caught stilts on either side of that house yesterday.  If I found my dream lot but the house controller was just on the fritz, I might put up a house to camp in till the Linden house was fixed.  :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I might add, I watched the two on Dive In go---as I had an OW house there...it is new territory, but I am not understanding the releases well anymore, just giving a heads up to a super nice region if you are looking to try for a OL type house.

That's the region i was trying to get a home in, but it's only 3-4 houses got released, the others are still "linden home"!

Update: Never mind all the houses are gone now, you snooze you lose! >_<

Edited by SarahThe Wanderer

18 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

That's the region i was trying to get a home in, but it's only 3-4 houses got released, the others are still "linden home"!

Update: Never mind all the houses are gone now, you snooze you lose! >_<

Yes that was a tough region to try to get into. It looks like one person claimed almost half dozen of the homes!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

For some odd reason the sliding doors in my Havana stopped working. Instead of closing they just continue to open even wider - sliding into the windows... o.O
Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? Do I need to re-rezz the house? @Abnor Mole, @Quartz Mole

I'd try a quick re-rezz -- it shouldn't hurt anything (unless the house disappears and won't come back).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This location OL with no water around is so beautiful, it's not just beautiful, its PERFECT! the most beautiful location I've ever seen in all the regions, you don't even need to landscape it,  if I got this one,  I won't move at all, sadly I got the house behind it 🙃

if someone want to keep an aye on it, the region did not get released yet:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Reeser/180/219/27

Look how perfect it is:

Webp.net-resizeimage(42).thumb.jpg.0a033585f2bfba49880670df40378841.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(41).thumb.jpg.aa6d59928fa09a78d4adbeb1e468c5e0.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(40).thumb.jpg.28f340e3d612ab0dc31a9aba4cec8f9c.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(39).thumb.jpg.619d0090df3e4d0ad2dc41d8a494b118.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(38).thumb.jpg.1cb999ad0c33afe0fff649c9e114cf89.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(37).thumb.jpg.90b1b11cc56e81a21fe78d7a620db9f0.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(36).thumb.jpg.f5352a145bfd69365aa48fb097d8455e.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(35).thumb.jpg.870b730498b08fe9a1b2562ef6514ac9.jpg

The white house in the back is my home, but I'm gonna move in about an hour, I hope I land this location in some other region!

• Like 11

Another great locations on land, we really underestimate OL, I'm having fun exploring the beauty of it.

Whoever get this one is luckiest person alive 😛

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Visser/190/228/31

Webp.net-resizeimage(47).thumb.jpg.11bd810c328b79303ba7f2689700ffc6.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(46).thumb.jpg.cff6983a763d9865673a2a91a707341d.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(44).thumb.jpg.7afd887d0c4e89593cc4810dd2df6a33.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(43).thumb.jpg.92eddc71b98e19d637440a2f036e0624.jpg

And this one is great but too much green for my taste:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Harborview Wharf/226/224/31

Webp.net-resizeimage(50).thumb.jpg.68c9b9b0853ab7b8a23196845fd5a030.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(49).thumb.jpg.7d34337dba7cf6178cecff0bf27209ab.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(48).thumb.jpg.75b864f080e01ee8799889402155e8c8.jpg

• Like 6

I have found with the no house problem, that the controller can't be reset, no matter how long I left click on it. I just get the message saying, choose a house, which of course, I can't and because of my time zone, live chat is closed.

There appears to be quite a few empty lots around the stilts homes and they seem to always choose me ☹️

• Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.