NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

56 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Just checked: All 3 types of stilt homes are showing on the LP now

Every since Patch made his last update post and the trickle/timed releases started, all three types have been on the page -- at least every single time I've check.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

I got frustrated that I couldn't find any space for a bathroom in the Havana, so I built a basement room for it.

50753161227_ea099305fa_b.jpg

Also added stairs on the rear balcony.

You did a great job! And you sound like me, every house must have an actual bathroom. Full stop. I'm not sure if it's because I'm a stickler for realism or if it's from too many years playing the Sims. SL avvies like to poop in privacy too, I'm sure! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well in Cooperdale the "don't like inland" idea doesn't work as all those houses were claimed around 10:30 today. Judging from all the furniture in the houses, most if not ALL are taken.  there are no water only places here. 

And Patch said there would be no more stilt home releases until "after the holidays" which typically for LL means the first of the year. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Small bathroom in this area?  Feng shui dictates the door should face the kitchen (not front or back doors) and maybe slide?  I had one of those in my "grunge" loft apartment.   I may see if that works LOL.   Hot tub still a good idea :D.    Duh. forgot screenshot. 

image.thumb.png.ae2b2a7c4b84ba8770f5035d353c4d8c.png

Ten minutes later :D:  

I tried this and looks like it would be fine if you want the "illusion" of a bathroom. Not terribly usable because it is small. You would have to click and sit but would be fine for photos.

bathroom.thumb.jpg.6a1001d0cfbf856ca48cd2f9326d5f7e.jpg

So I tested this tonight and it works well. I got a nice shower on the end by the deck and a sink and toilet at the other end.  There are matching doors in the content kit (which of course "I" don't have LOL) that work well but need to be resized. They are very different than the doors I am used to and have extra prims hither and yon and are 3 li instead of 1 li but they do MATCH and that is great.   

This really needs to be done in mesh as the texture in the content pack isn't tiling and so making prims match over the door is very difficult.  Wasn't on my todo list but guess it will be as it is certainly a good answer to the bathroom issue --- although not as CREATIVE as making it downstairs LOL. Loved that. 

For the record I am NOT planning on making add-ons for the stilt houses. I am retired now. But ya know what you do for your friends.   Sure someone else will make something like this. Not like it was an epiphany. :D. If it turns out well, I will put it up cheaply on the MP.   OR some entrepreneur will do it faster and that's great too.  

The door doesn't need to be linked to work so that's a plus.   

TO BED --- a fun day. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Eddie Hagoromo said:

Congrats to the Lindens and moles for making such a great area! If it wasn't for me stupidly changing places to find the right spot, now have to wait for 24 hours before I can pick again :P (If only they can put a countdown of changes remaining so I won't forget 😂 )

But great job everyone!

PLEASE DO NOT keep changing locations.  Patch specifically asked that people NOT do that in order to not overly tax the system.  Whatever location you get, keep it for a few days before releasing it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

PLEASE DO NOT keep changing locations.  Patch specifically asked that people NOT do that in order to not overly tax the system.  Whatever location you get, keep it for a few days before releasing it.

He needs to put that on the system then, not many residents can keep track on reading forums before getting land.  A small popup message reminding them would be best.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hagoromo said:

He needs to put that on the system then, not many residents can keep track on reading forums before getting land.  A small popup message reminding them would be best.

I'm pretty sure if they had an easy way of blasting the message out that he would.  He noted it in the Bellisseria Citizens group, they sent the info out to all group members, and then Patch noted it a few times in this thread AND in the Official Announcement Thread.

image.png.3bc7c256614b8ce644972b66ab957078.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

I am just saying this and backing off, new premium folks would have no idea when they pick a place and drop it.  Where else would be best to put a message out? A new person wouldn't have known to check in specific forums.

I agree with Milk, grid wide notices in the face will work.

You can't shoot residents for playing the "Game of Homes" if people were not aware and wasn't pointed out, unless they had to be specifically be reading the forums and/or be in specific inworld groups.

All i pointed out is to make it noticeable on the Dashboard.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, nextigrif said:

Anyone also have problems with not getting the content creation, pack , stillthomes notecard and not be able to change you look of the stilt house?

Right.  Try resetting your parcel controller pole. 

> Left click on the pole, and hold the mouse button down for over 4 seconds. After you release, you should see a message in chat that the scripts have  been reset.

> Wait a full minute.

> Click on the pole again and it should be working fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

> Left click on the pole, and hold the mouse button down for over 4 seconds. After you release, you should see a message in chat that the scripts have  been reset.

> Wait a full minute.

Thank you, it worked :)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

> Wait a full minute.

Thank you so much for this helpful information! My friend was about to write a ticket or ask in the live chat in six hours.  :)

• Like 1

Happy New Stilt Homes Forum peeps!

Not sure if I'll get the chance to grab one of these for a while but they look nice. I was worried that squeezing the extra plot in would impact on the feeling of space, or reduce the landscaping by too much, but I guess if you are going to do that then this is the theme to do it with. Open water / sand  looks more natural than bare grass.

I hope to try these once the holiday rush is over, have fun!

• Like 2

I just received my stilt home. I have the location, but the prompt to chose which style isn't functioning at all :( I don't want to lose this location so have attempted to send a notecard. Any ideas as to how to prompt the post to chose a home style? Thanks in advance. I have tried the reset. But am getting no response. It is dead in the water heh 

Edited by nFiNueSi

10 minutes ago, nFiNueSi said:

I just received my stilt home. I have the location, but the prompt to chose which style isn't functioning at all :( I don't want to lose this location so have attempted to send a notecard. Any ideas as to how to prompt the post to chose a home style? Thanks in advance. I have tried the reset. But am getting no response. It is dead in the water heh 

I think it will be best to contact Live Support when they are open to assist with you if the reset instructions didn't work!  Have no fear, I'm sure they can get it fixed in a jiffy and congratulations on your new stilt home location! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nextigrif said:

Hi all,

Anyone also have problems with not getting the content creation, pack , stillthomes notecard and not be able to change you look of the stilt house?

Its a common problem being caused by too many people abandoning houses, getting new ones and using their controllers all at once.  You can re-set it yourself.

Click and hold the controller for at least 4 seconds, then let go. It will say "Resetting scripts" in local chat. Wait for one full minute, then click again and all the usual buttons should be there. You may have to try more than once, if you didn't wait long enough. If that doesn't work, live chat, if you can catch them before they finish for the holiday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie Hagoromo said:

I am just saying this and backing off, new premium folks would have no idea when they pick a place and drop it.  Where else would be best to put a message out? A new person wouldn't have known to check in specific forums.

I agree with Milk, grid wide notices in the face will work.

You can't shoot residents for playing the "Game of Homes" if people were not aware and wasn't pointed out, unless they had to be specifically be reading the forums and/or be in specific inworld groups.

All i pointed out is to make it noticeable on the Dashboard.

If the blue-box notices are no longer possible, the next best thing would be a warning on every log-in page and every teleport page. And ask the Firestorm team to do the same on theirs. "If you own a Linden Home, do not abandon it until after the holidays". The vast majority of people use either Firestorm or the official viewer.

Or maybe the Lab could temporarily disable the Abandon Land button on Linden Home parcels?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's not what I was trying to say. I mean, OL homes from the first released regions were abandoned, and are still being abandoned, and are going through the queue ahead of the OL homes you are seeing in newer regions. 

I think that might be the case. I went for an OL house right in the middle of yesterday's release, and I caught an abandon in Clamdigger, which was one of the test regions released on Monday. 

• Like 2

• Moles
1 hour ago, nFiNueSi said:

Try to reset the script in the housecontroller by floating your mouse pointer over the light on top and holding down the left mouse button for at least 2 seconds before releasing it.   That should fix it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.