NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I surprised myself. I thought for sure I wouldn't be happy with a home that didn't sit at least partially over water, but then I absolutely didn't want a house that was fully over water either. Yes, I know, I'm picky. But I think I may have found the perfect stilt for me. This one has wonderful views from every vantage point and sets on the corner of a three parcel block with road on three sides. 

front_001.png.dc2f68b4ade7bd2303722ba4b9a248f6.png

back_001.png.0756286e13e088df579caf338caae44b.png

And a rez zone right in front of my house.

wide_001.png.c8ba0d5f627571d8105fc20dff0c8549.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Just now, peterburnett said:

Great spot, congrats ZZ 😍

Tks, we are both in love with it and the way it allows us to sail all around to the SE of the logs continent or to the last NE region of the stilts.

Hopeful soon the mellow submarine water region will be running and then we can even dare to sail to the fairgrounds:)

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I surprised myself. I thought for sure I wouldn't be happy with a home that didn't sit at least partially over water, but then I absolutely didn't want a house that was fully over water either. Yes, I know, I'm picky. But I think I may have found the perfect stilt for me. This one has wonderful views from every vantage point and sets on the corner of a three parcel block with road on three sides. 

front_001.png.dc2f68b4ade7bd2303722ba4b9a248f6.png

back_001.png.0756286e13e088df579caf338caae44b.png

And a rez zone right in front of my house.

wide_001.png.c8ba0d5f627571d8105fc20dff0c8549.png

WOW! You just changed my mind quite a bit in regards to OL stilts, two story stilts, and really just the stilts in general. I adore what you've done with your house and property. It looks fantastic! 😍

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

I got frustrated that I couldn't find any space for a bathroom in the Havana, so I built a basement room for it.

50753161227_ea099305fa_b.jpg

Also added stairs on the rear balcony.

Hot tub. Outhouse LOL.   I wasn't planning on a bathroom really :D.  You were very creative and it looks great though.  You know SOME places have the bathroom right in the bedroom. Actually I lived in a house like that for fifteen years.   LOL.  Just a thought. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

Hot tub. Outhouse LOL.   I wasn't planning on a bathroom really :D.  You were very creative and it looks great though.  You know SOME places have the bathroom right in the bedroom. Actually I lived in a house like that for fifteen years.   LOL.  Just a thought. 

Thanks. :)  I usually do put the bathroom right in the bedroom, but the bedroom in the Havana is so tiny, it wouldn't fit. And I couldn't split off part of the main room because of the doors at both ends. So, outhouse it is. At least it will never be cold or rainy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

Thanks. :)  I usually do put the bathroom right in the bedroom, but the bedroom in the Havana is so tiny, it wouldn't fit. And I couldn't split off part of the main room because of the doors at both ends. So, outhouse it is. At least it will never be cold or rainy!

Small bathroom in this area?  Feng shui dictates the door should face the kitchen (not front or back doors) and maybe slide?  I had one of those in my "grunge" loft apartment.   I may see if that works LOL.   Hot tub still a good idea :D.    Duh. forgot screenshot. 

image.thumb.png.ae2b2a7c4b84ba8770f5035d353c4d8c.png

Ten minutes later :D:  

I tried this and looks like it would be fine if you want the "illusion" of a bathroom. Not terribly usable because it is small. You would have to click and sit but would be fine for photos.

bathroom.thumb.jpg.6a1001d0cfbf856ca48cd2f9326d5f7e.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 11

OK, it doesn't look like anyone else has written about this, so this post is one for the 'Some People Have Too Much Time On Their Hands Department'. 

I've been tracking ~50 regions that have houses on piers/boardwalks, and have noticed that in the 15 or so of those regions that have been released, all the pier houses have been taken, but in most of them the houses on land are all still designated as Linden Home. So, it appears that either this option is spectacularly unpopular or, more likely, not all homes within a region have been released as a group. I've also noticed that in the majority of the unreleased regions I've been tracking, all the homes have the status of Protected Land, so I assume these regions will not be released until after the holidays. However, I did find 5 regions (containing a mix of house types) where all the houses are labelled Linden Home, and I suspect these may be in a queue for release before LL folk are back at work in full force: Edriss, Leaky Hold, Long Pier, Lorelei, Shore Thing. There may be more.  (A few more I've found: Bootleggers Atoll, Ambergris, Getmah Drift, Shining Sea, Teatime, Backwash, Corderosa, Awash.) EDIT: Add Belldowne to the list where all houses have Linden Home status and none are taken.

UPDATE: Leaky Hold and Shining Sea have been released since I wrote the above, although only a few parcels have been claimed in each.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

26 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

OK, it doesn't look like anyone else has written about this, so this post is one for the 'Some People Have Too Much Time On Their Hands Department'. 

I've been tracking ~50 regions that have houses on piers/boardwalks, and have noticed that in the 15 or so of those regions that have been released, all the pier houses have been taken, but in most of them the houses on land are all still designated as Linden Home. So, it appears that either this option is spectacularly unpopular or, more likely, not all homes within a region have been released as a group. I've also noticed that in the majority of the unreleased regions I've been tracking, all the homes have the status of Protected Land, so I assume these regions will not be released until after the holidays. However, I did find 5 regions (containing a mix of house types) where all the houses are labelled Linden Home, and I suspect these may be in a queue for release before LL folk are back at work in full force: Edriss, Leaky Hold, Long Pier, Lorelei, Shore Thing. There may be more. 

I think a big thing is that the land-locked ones are not as private feeling out back as having water. Sure your over-water can be facing somebody else's house.. 10 feet away.. but it's water. People always want water.

I have seen some beautiful land houses along the water that have yet to be taken, though. I have a pier house, but it's overall kind of stale given there's no landscaping around it at all (and also the red lamps on my pier when all else within a 1000mile radius are green? My pier feels too "Red Lobster"/New England-ish for the tropics and it bothers the crap out of me. Will probably end up derendering the darn things.

Hoping the moles give the edge of the cabin area a tropical flare at the water's edge(since a mountain divides it anyway), but i'm not getting my hopes up. It'd be about the only thing many on that western side could look at.

Edited by RitaCallisto

31 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I've been tracking ~50 regions that have houses on piers/boardwalks, and have noticed that in the 15 or so of those regions that have been released, all the pier houses have been taken, but in most of them the houses on land are all still designated as Linden Home. So, it appears that either this option is spectacularly unpopular or, more likely, not all homes within a region have been released as a group.

I was wondering if there are a lot of OL homes that were quickly abandoned, and if they are floating through the queue ahead of the newer regions' OL homes. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I was wondering if there are a lot of OL homes that were quickly abandoned, and if they are floating through the queue ahead of the newer regions' OL homes. 

Nope, not abandoned. I'm in Boggle now - there are stilts on piers that are owned but I've found one that's in Maintenance with today's date. Meanwhile, the OL ones in Boggle that I've checked all have June 30 dates, so never claimed, possibly not yet released.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Nope, not abandoned. I'm in Boggle now - there are stilts on piers that are owned but I've found one that's in Maintenance with today's date. Meanwhile, the OL ones in Boggle that I've checked all have June 30 dates, so never claimed, possibly not yet released.

That's not what I was trying to say. I mean, OL homes from the first released regions were abandoned, and are still being abandoned, and are going through the queue ahead of the OL homes you are seeing in newer regions. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's not what I was trying to say. I mean, OL homes from the first released regions were abandoned, and are still being abandoned, and are going through the queue ahead of the OL homes you are seeing in newer regions. 

Got it.

When I looked, the earliest regions released (Bayport and 3 others I checked) had *all* their houses claimed. (Bayport currently has 1 abandoned OL.) But during the actual releases, I was keeping my eye on a couple of other regions and noticed at the time that dots were only appearing along piers rather than inland. Unfortunately, as soon as the pier houses were gone I removed them from my tracking list, so I can't easily check inworld to see if any of the OL houses were ever taken. But for those who clicked on OL as an option, I can't see that *so many* would abandon their houses, preventing newer regions from appearing at the top of the queue.

Anyway, I'm happy that several of the regions I particularly like still have their parcels labelled Protected rather than Linden Home, as I have a lot of other stuff I need to get done in the next week. (Alas, not fun holiday stuff.)

20 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I wanted to try my luck; and this is the house that I got, it's a nice spot actually I kinda like it, I was gonna abandon
 it; now that I had my fun, But I guess I'll have to wait till we are allowed to abandon  homes again.

Webp.net-resizeimage(31).thumb.jpg.b9cb12ff78ad2ec4399a426ca3d692e4.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(32).thumb.jpg.74ac1972e80602eaf75334cc3fcf691a.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(33).thumb.jpg.c718dc304ecc083a61839ca28f2d68fc.jpg

You can abandon it, but there might not be anything else available. I think Patch's warning was aimed at folks claiming/abandoning within the 3-4 hours earlier today when everything was pretty hectic.

Just checked: All 3 types of stilt homes are showing on the LP now :) 

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I've been tracking ~50 regions that have houses on piers/boardwalks, and have noticed that in the 15 or so of those regions that have been released, all the pier houses have been taken, but in most of them the houses on land are all still designated as Linden Home. So, it appears that either this option is spectacularly unpopular or, more likely, not all homes within a region have been released as a group.

Thank you for the great research, Frigga!  It occurs to me that this would be expected IF there is a separate queue for each type of home on the land page, and if the On Pier Stilts are more popular than Over Land Stilts.  So, when a region is released, each home on it gets sorted into a queue depending on which type of house it is, and each type of home is then claimed in its place in its own queue.

I think it is a sensible design, since it precludes less popular homes from 'blocking' more popular home types from being claimed.

It would also explain how, when you abandon a home that someone wants to try for, sometimes you have to also abandon another home OF THE SAME TYPE to force the queue to spit out the first one!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.