Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off, all of you who say cops are bad, or law enforcement is a huge problem etc, then you are part of the problem. As a matter of fact, you ARE the problem. Let me break it down: Most of these tragic incidents occur in larger cities (no not all), these cities are controlled by a Democrat majority, city council and mayor/city manager. A majority YOU voted into office. They in turn take your liberal political views and, ahem, values, and govern and hire their staff accordingly. This staff includes the police chief.

So now this chief, who takes orders from the aforementioned council and mayor, hires his own staff and puts those in charge of recruiting, internal affairs, patrol, detectives etc., in place. These commanders are responsible for those under them. Hiring, patrol and case assignments, recruiting, internal and external complaint investigations and so on.

They all are carrying out the views and values of their department, as approved by their chief. From the top down and from the bottom up. They all have to operate not only under the laws of the state, but of the policies of their departments and their cities ordinances.

So here we have a democrats, liberal or otherwise, electing their city council and mayors to carry out, abide by and be responsible to the voters political stance and accountable to them, the voter for their actions, or lack thereof. Then...this system fails, time and time again. The result, in this case, a bad cop murdering a civilian for no damn good reason. To top it off, three others stand around watching. Lets not forget the 'innocent' bystanders filming the man dying, or 'watching in horror', and doing absolutely nothing about it. Why weren't they charged with the same thing these officers were?? They too have a responsibility!

Democrats voters failed to elect people for the right reasons. They allowed them to stay in office and promulgate rules and policies in line with the democrat party. When the system fails, especially this particular Democrat system, who gets blamed for it?? The good cops do, white people, Trump, Republicans, religion, even antifa does. Might as well toss in the Easter bunny for as much sense as that makes. It's everyone else's fault but those who are directly responsible, you, the democrats who vote these people in office and demand they adhere to your failed policies.

Stop blaming ALL cops, whites and anyone else who makes for an easy target. Stop throwing the baby out with the bath water. Go ahead and 'defund the police', that's brilliant. Keep shoving your BLM message down everyone's throat too, because who dares stand against that for fear of being labeled?? Go ahead and just call them racist if they have differing opinions, not opposite opinions, just different, that's the easy, mindless response to counter critical thinking. And yep, all lives do matter, or else you are discriminating. Start taking responsibility for your own actions and decisions and stop blaming others when your choices fail.  And for ffs, learn the definition of racism.

Before you respond in haste, stop and ask yourself, is Ravyn white? If not, will that change how you respond? Does it even matter?

God bless you all, and God bless those who wear the badge and fight the good fight with honor and integrity.

(Not a Dem or Rep thank you)

Edited by RavynHunter
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mollymews said:

yes agree

the overseas outsourcing of manufacturing has done more damage to the USA job market than any number of spanish speaking migrants

No, it's both.   And, I said both.  I said jobs have been imported and exported to death because they have.  Twenty-five percent of California jobs are for immigrants.  Twenty-five percent would put any country into a depression.  If New Zealander's lost 25% of their jobs to immigrants, New Zealander's would be in a depression.  

Me and my family are the one's who have lived it.  My ex-husband constantly being threatened "we can get people to work for less than you", or this one "we can get a Mexican to work for $300 a week, will you take a paycut?"  We couldn't live on three hundred dollars a week at California cost...so we have to lose our home now?  We had a mortgage and my ex-husband didn't have health care and his health care by the time we divorced was nearly $700 hundred dollars a month.  

If you don't live here you don't know.  Not to mention how many unskilled laborer jobs do you think there are in California?  Not too many these days; and some now lost by the take-over of machines.  

The immigration system needs reform badly.  

Do you all even read how many jobs California sends to Mexico now that I wrote.  

Edited by FairreLilette

9 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

1) When did I say anything about elections or voting systems?

Well, I assumed that's what you meant by "insane" that I said there if no proof elections aren't rigged.   And, that you have a "belief" in the voting system that it is not phony.  

But, speaking now of rigged elections, the top article of the morning is Biden saying he believes Trump will steal the election.  IOW, rig it to his favor.  Since we cannot see a show of hands from the electorates, how do we even know who is really being elected here?  Biden believes the election will be rigged against him.  

As far as 25% of jobs lost by American citizens to immigrants in California, it involves black lives and jobs for blacks too here in California also.  Blacks who have been in this country for hundreds of years have lost a tremendous amount of jobs and job opportunities also as far, far too many jobs in California want bi-lingual only.  

Care for one should be care for all, including those who are American because we matter too.  The vast majority of us don't want to learn Spanish.  We want to speak our own language which is English.  Even Hispanic American's who have been here for generations do not want to learn Spanish.  Their kids, grandkids speak English in school.  Only English is taught in schools in America, so they don't want nor see the need nor want to be forced to speak Spanish.  It is not easy to learn another language.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Well, I assumed that's what you meant by "insane" that I said there if no proof elections aren't rigged.   And, that you have a "belief" in the voting system that it is not phony.  

But, speaking now of rigged elections, the top article of the morning is Biden saying he believes Trump will steal the election.  IOW, rig it to his favor.  Since we cannot see a show of hands from the electorates, how do we even know who is really being elected here?  Biden believes the election will be rigged against him.  

As far as 25% of jobs lost by American citizens to immigrants, it involves black lives and jobs for blacks too.  Blacks who have been in this country for hundreds of years have lost a tremendous amount of jobs and job opportunities also as far, far too many jobs in California want bi-lingual only.  

Care for one should be care for all, including those who are American because we matter too.  

The topic is not rigged elections. The topic is not immigrants.

No one said Americans don't matter (which sounds suspiciously like "all lives matter").

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
spelling, for those keeping score
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The topic is not rigged election. The topic is not immigrants.

No one said Americans don't matter (which sounds suspiciously like "all lives matter").

Oh, sure tell that to all of the American's who lost their unions, their health care and have been told "we can get a Mexican to work for less than you", not only told, threatened constantly.   Blacks are American too, their lives do matter.  They have worked in this country for generations and I feel have been over-looked while this country sets up programs for this huge influx of Hispanics.   And, the Hispanics weren't thirsty and hungry.  No one brings a huge work force of sick and under-fed people to work jobs.  The Hispanics were all in good health when they came here.  It's just a bleeding heart liberal belief that is completely untrue that they were hungry or thirsty.  No they weren't.  And, as a matter of fact, California imports more food from Mexico than anywhere else.  

Look the California systems are depleted.  Governor Newsom wants to set up some sort of forced health care now with penalties but it has not passed yet.   Most Hispanic's will work jobs without health care and don't care about health care but now they will be forced and it taken out of their check if this goes through.   A lot of Hispanics and especially Asian's are fearful of medicine.  Most Asian's will not take any medicine.  Most Hispanics won't either.  Ask them, they will say "no, no medicine".  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RavynHunter said:

First off, all of you who say cops are bad, or law enforcement is a huge problem etc, then you are part of the problem. As a matter of fact, you ARE the problem. Let me break it down: Most of these tragic incidents occur in larger cities (no not all), these cities are controlled by a Democrat majority, city council and mayor/city manager. A majority YOU voted into office. They in turn take your liberal political views and, ahem, values, and govern and hire their staff accordingly. This staff includes the police chief.

So now this chief, who takes orders from the aforementioned council and mayor, hires his own staff and puts those in charge of recruiting, internal affairs, patrol, detectives etc., in place. These commanders are responsible for those under them. Hiring, patrol and case assignments, recruiting, internal and external complaint investigations and so on.

They all are carrying out the views and values of their department, as approved by their chief. From the top down and from the bottom up. They all have to operate not only under the laws of the state, but of the policies of their departments and their cities ordinances.

So here we have a democrats, liberal or otherwise, electing their city council and mayors to carry out, abide by and be responsible to the voters political stance and accountable to them, the voter for their actions, or lack thereof. Then...this system fails, time and time again. The result, in this case, a bad cop murdering a civilian for no damn good reason. To top it off, three others stand around watching. Lets not forget the 'innocent' bystanders filming the man dying, or 'watching in horror', and doing absolutely nothing about it. Why weren't they charged with the same thing these officers were?? They too have a responsibility!

Democrats voters failed to elect people for the right reasons. They allowed them to stay in office and promulgate rules and policies in line with the democrat party. When the system fails, especially this particular Democrat system, who gets blamed for it?? The good cops do, white people, Trump, Republicans, religion, even antifa does. Might as well toss in the Easter bunny for as much sense as that makes. It's everyone else's fault but those who are directly responsible, you, the democrats who vote these people in office and demand they adhere to your failed policies.

Stop blaming ALL cops, whites and anyone else who makes for an easy target. Stop throwing the baby out with the bath water. Go ahead and 'defund the police', that's brilliant. Keep shoving your BLM message down everyone's throat too, because who dares stand against that for fear of being labeled?? Go ahead and just call them racist if they have differing opinions, not opposite opinions, just different, that's the easy, mindless response to counter critical thinking. And yep, all lives do matter, or else you are discriminating. Start taking responsibility for your own actions and decisions and stop blaming others when your choices fail.  And for ffs, learn the definition of racism.

Before you respond in haste, stop and ask yourself, is Ravyn white? If not, will that change how you respond? Does it even matter?

God bless you all, and God bless those who wear the badge and fight the good fight with honor and integrity.

(Not a Dem or Rep thank you)

What a load of crap. My grandfather was a cop. My FiL is a cop. Stop blaming us for your ignorance. *plonk*

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Blacks are American too, their lives do matter.  They have worked in this country for generations and I feel have been over-looked while this country sets up programs for this huge influx of Hispanics.   And, the Hispanics weren't thirsty and hungry.  No one brings a huge work force of sick and under-fed people to work jobs.  The Hispanics were all in good health when they came here.  It's just a bleeding heart liberal belief that is completely untrue that they were hungry or thirsty.  No they weren't. 

And they have CELL PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Are you even reading?  Cell phones at the time were not a necessity.  You don't believe in excess government spending or mis-allocation of funds?  Well, it happens on both sides at times.  Plus, you read and see only from you liberal can do no harm stance, Luna.  I don't think you will ever see the forest for the trees because corruption is a whole forest.  

I'm not going to debate with you that liberals equals good, conservatives equals bad.  I don't take that viewpoint plus I'm talking from someone who has lived it, been told more or less they are expendable because there are people who will work for less than you.   

I don't think in such black and white terms as you do, Luna.  I agree more with the French in regards to most things are "bleu" and can never be black and white.  

The black and white does not mean people, it is a reference to that what is printed in black and white.  

Edited by FairreLilette

21 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Oh, sure tell that to all of the American's who lost their unions, their health care and have been told "we can get a Mexican to work for less than you", not only told, threatened constantly.   Blacks are American too, their lives do matter.  They have worked in this country for generations and I feel have been over-looked while this country sets up programs for this huge influx of Hispanics.   And, the Hispanics weren't thirsty and hungry.  No one brings a huge work force of sick and under-fed people to work jobs.  The Hispanics were all in good health when they came here.  It's just a bleeding heart liberal belief that is completely untrue that they were hungry or thirsty.  No they weren't.  And, as a matter of fact, California imports more food from Mexico than anywhere else.  

Look the California systems are depleted.  Governor Newsom wants to set up some sort of forced health care now with penalties but it has not passed yet.   Most Hispanic's will work jobs without health care and don't care about health care but now they will be forced and it taken out of their check if this goes through.   A lot of Hispanics and especially Asian's are fearful of medicine.  Most Asian's will not take any medicine.  Most Hispanics won't either.  Ask them, they will say "no, no medicine".  

This is complete nonsense, as are most of your posts, and I am done wasting my time on you and your derail attempts with anti-immigrant/anti-Mexican/racist crap. (Yes, racist. I see you are throwing Asians in with your negative generalizations now, too.)

Your exaggerations and "lots of people say" sound a lot like what I see vomited out by Trump on Twitter. 

This kind of hypocrisy is why people like me have no use for "Christianity". 

My ignore list is getting massive thanks to this thread. Sheesh.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This is complete nonsense, as are most of your posts, and I am done wasting my time on you and your derail attempts with anti-immigrant/anti-Mexican/racist crap. (Yes, racist. I see you are throwing Asians in with your negative generalizations now, too.)

Your exaggerations and "lots of people say" sound a lot like what I see vomited out by Trump on Twitter. 

You are the one who brought up the "hungry and thirsty" Bible quote.  You can believe what you want to believe without even living here.  No, they were not hungry and thirsty.  As a matter of fact we import more foods fresh and otherwise from Mexico than anywhere else in the world.  

And, as far as Asian's and Hispanics...ask them if they will take medicine.  I have at least fifty times if not more.  They say they are afraid of it and say "no, no medicine".  Some even say they won't take aspirin.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:
13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Are you even reading?  Cell phones at the time were not a necessity.  You don't believe in excess government spending?  Well, it happens on both sides at times.  Plus, you read and see only from you liberal can do no harm stance, Luna.  I don't think you will ever see the forest for the trees because corruption is a whole forest.  

I'm not going to debate with you that liberals equals good, conservatives equals bad.  I don't take that viewpoint plus I'm talking from someone who has lived it, been told more or less they are expendable because there are people who will work for less than you.   

I imagine cell phones were/are very vital to those entering our country. Often they have no home and so a cell phone would be vital for existence. And no doubt they want to remain in close contact with family not in the US.

This is not a political issue of liberals vs conservatives.  I keep saying, these parties and racial issues are being used to create wars among groups while all the money continues to flow to the wealthiest.

I don't doubt that you've encountered major issues between Whites and Hispanics in Los Angeles where injustice was meted out against Whites as well as Hispanics. This is what happens when differing 'races' and cultures collide.  I just don't trust that your version of events is totally the true one. I wouldn't trust that I have all the facts in my town either -- I'm biased toward what I  or my friends experience, and that can never be the whole truth.

What bothers me about this Hispanic tirade you've gotten onto, is that scapegoating one group of people, blaming them for all the woes in life or in an area, is dangerous.  It's how the 'final solution; in all countries began -- first we say they took our jobs, that they're criminals, that they have too much (like cell phones), on and on .........and it's too short a step from there to the horrors that can manifest as a solution.  Particularly with our fascist president who rallies his racist troops with race-baiting rhetoric.

24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This is not a political issue of liberals vs conservatives.  I keep saying, these parties and racial issues are being used to create wars among groups while all the money continues to flow to the wealthiest.

The wealthiest and the wealthy politicians too, Luna.  If you haven't lived here,  I said you don't know because you don't.  Not to mention I said there has been exploitation of people on both sides of the border but it wasn't because they were hungry and thirsty.  

24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I just don't trust that your version of events is totally the true one. I wouldn't trust that I have all the facts in my town either -- I'm biased toward what I  or my friends experience, and that can never be the whole truth.

You can not trust what I am saying but I lived it for nearly 20 years.  My marriage finally ended because I was sick and tired of bosses pulling this crap on me and my husband, every month, every month "there is someone who will work for less than you", and then "we can get a Mexican to work for $300 dollars, will you take a paycut" I had to deal with all of the time.  My ex-husband's bosses even took his health care benefits from him.  Benefit after benefit was cut, cut, cut and not just for no reason.

None of us vilify each other here.  Many of us know we were both exploited.  But, now if this passes where people will have health care costs deducted from their check or face penalties if an all people must have health care or be fined happens, this is just more mess this world has created.   Just more mess.  

But, let's get back on topic as some have asked but this thread is about BLM and showing support in SL.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matteo Rhiano said:

The videos on that page are shocking. Just goes to show how some will take advantage of a movement to behave like thugs. Imagine being the female officer and finding your colleague on the floor being kicked and beaten by people like this. That's a memory that will stick with you for life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Mine too; it's very illuminating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is a series that YouTube just compiled. At least it was sent to me maybe 10 minutes ago by their system.

You might be able to find it here also:

https://www.youtube.com/user/YouTube

Also... this book should be REQUIRED reading in all of Anglo-America and the UK (Canada, US, Jamaica, UK, Paraguay, etc). It should be taught in civics classes in high school:

Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America (National Book Award Winner) 

Ibram-Kendi-National-Book-Award.jpg&f=1&

https://naeducation.org/ibram-x-kendi-is-the-2016-national-book-award-winner-nonfiction/

From the National Book Foundation Award Page:

National Book Foundation:Who did you write this book for?

Ibram X. Kendi: I wrote Stamped from the Beginning for the lives they said don’t matter. From Trayvon Martin to Sandra Bland, all those names, all those lost lives were on my mind as I wrote every word.

In trying to understand why these lives don’t seem to matter, we talk a lot about ignorance and hate. But history tells us something else: that racist ideas were created to defend deeply entrenched and enticing discriminatory policies. And so I wrote Stamped for the generations of Americans who have been convinced by racist ideas into believing there is something wrong with Black people—and not with these policies and racial inequities. I wrote Stamped to give Americans the understanding of history they need to fight for an equitable America where we hold as an ideal that all racial groups are equal.

End quoted text

ABOUT THE BOOK

Some Americans cling desperately to the myth that we are living in a post-racial society, that the election of the first Black president spelled the doom of racism. In fact, racist thought is alive and well in America–more sophisticated and more insidious than ever. And as award-winning historian Ibram X. Kendi argues in Stamped from the Beginning, if we have any hope of grappling with this stark reality, we must first understand how racist ideas were developed, disseminated, and enshrined in American society.

In this deeply researched and fast-moving narrative, Ibram X. Kendi chronicles the entire story of anti-Black racist ideas and their staggering power over the course of American history. Stamped from the Beginning uses the life stories of five major American intellectuals to offer a window into the contentious debates between assimilationists and segregationists and between racists and antiracists. From Puritan minister Cotton Mather to Thomas Jefferson, from fiery abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison to brilliant scholar W.E.B. Du Bois to legendary anti-prison activist Angela Davis, Kendi shows how and why some of our leading proslavery and pro-civil rights thinkers have challenged or helped cement racist ideas in America.

Contrary to popular conceptions, racist ideas did not arise from ignorance or hatred. Instead, they were devised and honed by some of the most brilliant minds of each era. These intellectuals used their brilliance to justify and rationalize deeply entrenched discriminatory policies and the nation’s racial disparities in everything from wealth to health. And while racist ideas are easily produced and easily consumed, they can also be discredited. In shedding much-needed light on the murky history of racist ideas, Stamped from the Beginning offers us the tools we need to expose them–and in the process, gives us reason to hope.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Ibram X. Kendi is currently an assistant professor of African American History at the University of Florida. An intellectual and social movement Africana studies historian, Kendi studies racist and antiracist ideas and movements. He has published essays in books and academic journals, including The Journal of African American History, Journal of Social History, and The Sixties: A Journal of History, Politics and Culture. Kendi is the author of the award-winning book, The Black Campus Movement: Black Students and the Racial Reconstitution of Higher Education, 1965-1972, which was published in March 2012 as part of Palgrave Macmillan’s Contemporary Black History Series. He is currently finishing Black Apple: A Narrative History of Malcolm X and Black Power in New York, 1954-1974. He is also working on another history of racism—the sequel to Stamped from the Beginning.

https://www.amazon.com/Stamped-Beginning-Definitive-History-National/dp/1568585985/ref=sr_1_1?crid=270Q81CAS6X7L&dchild=1&keywords=stamped+from+the+beginning+by+ibram+kendi&qid=1591894864&sprefix=stamped%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-1

Americans in particular should be forced to read this the same way and for the same reasons that Germans are forced to learn of the Holocaust.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

Side track time:

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What started the search in me that led me to Rsata was a profound disgust with the Christian churches pushing out hate, and a realization that the churches Jesus was warning us about were the very ones created by his followers in his wake. This whole mess has been toxic since 300AD, with the only ones escaping the poison of the Council at Nicaea being the Ethiopians who left after rebuking the Romans and refusing to join. They didn't set up a perfect system either - but it was apart from the beginning so it reveals a lot...

If anyone out there struggles with modern churches, but keeps feeling like there is something spiritual out there and keeps coming back to Jesus' message... then just do that... read his message. Ignore the churches. Find your path. Mine led to Rasta; yours might go anywhere - but let no man (or woman) use your spiritual faith for his own political gain - be that a Pastor, Priest, Imam, Rabbi, or politician - they are all the same: poison.

Don't give up your faith because your church is run by serpents... just walk out of the building and look around you - that's the real church. Jah ain't in the building, nor in the sky with a beard, but everywhere around us.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 6

I finally had to do it... use the block. I couldn't take it anymore. If I believed in lunatic conspiracy theories I'd think Qanan planted an operative in here to speak jibberish until we all ran away screaming. I tried... lord, I tried... I just simply cannot. 

I'd rather have a fork jabbed in my eye than read another word of that balderdash. 

• Like 6

I've been thinking of this issue regarding blacks and the police, but sadly, I'm beginning to feel like Ashlyn that it won't change.  Why do I feel so defeated, it's because how can we over-turn silence orders that exist in the police departments?  

I know there are good police and bad police but silence orders can we really over-turn that? 

I read an article about the up and coming prosecution of George Floyd's killer and the attorney speaking in that article said she feels he may get off and her reason was that jury's tend to believe cops.  But, further I'm thinking, this is on film?  Wouldn't a jury see the film?  I haven't watched the film on George Floyd as I am squeamish about violence and tend to not watch anything with violence in it.  But, still, the attorney is pessimistic about any kind of real conviction.  

Also, if police departments can receive private monies, isn't that a form of bribery?  If bribery exists here, I think the people of the United States have a very serious problem on their hands.  A very serious problem if this involves bribery.  Who are we kidding?  We cannot accuse a silenced organization of bribery as we'd have no proof.  That kind of money exchange is too secretive.  

I feel like Ashlyn, how can we really go up against this kind of corruption and win?  

4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

What a load of crap. My grandfather was a cop. My FiL is a cop. Stop blaming us for your ignorance. *plonk*

Selene, who is the "us" you are talking about? If you are referring to cops as being "us", then re-read what I said. I am one of the "us" too.

16 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Does anyone know a cute bunny avatar that works with Maitreya, asking for a me.

Sweet Thing has some hybrid items you might like.  Sweet Thing, the one that is not the Gacha store.  

Edited by JanuarySwan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.