Will there be additional theme homes ?

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wonder what the definition of "theme" is to Patch's team.  If we look at the land page, "Bellisseria" is the theme, and Traditionals, Houseboats, and Campers are all just styles of homes, with their attendant landscaping etc..  But he's kind of implied that "Railroad" is a theme, although it there is no housing type associated with it. 

I wonder if by "theme" his team means: major new design & development.  That would allow Trads, Houseboats, Campers/trailers, and Railroad to be 4 separate themes, which makes sense to me.

Fwiw, in the SSP thread there is a discussion beginning about a possible aquatic theme being worked on up in the SSP (prototype) Belli.  Patch has referred briefly to possible aquatic theme(s) in interviews.

Also in the SSP thread, there's preliminary evidence of a major land expansion planned for south of Campwich.  Or maybe not.  Patch's team has proven in the past that developments up in SSP may not correspond exactly to what is deployed in Belli.

The only further speculation I have to offer - and this is based on nothing but gut feel - is that Patch seems to like snow.  The "winter cabin"  Premium Gift is being used now as sort of a ranger station here and there in Campwich, but ... maybe ... an Alpine theme some time?  Certainly Christmas would be an ideal time to announce that!

/me trots off to fantasyland, where she evidently lives

• Like 7

So far Patch has officially stated there will be more "beachy" abodes (I don't think he said houses) and the cabins will come into play (they have been used a tiny bit in  the trailer sims but "could" be used more? Not clear).  Most of us THINK that there will be a city theme at some point and have seen some evidence of that on SSP (come and gone now).  Other than those hints I don't think we know much more. 

• Like 3

I'm not so convinced that the theme announced at Christmas will be a winter theme. Based on what they have so far, they're going to need another theme to fit the same basic niche as the traditional. That's more the basic house and garden niche, rather than the quirky novelty niche. I'm more into the latter personally, but most of the demand seems to be for basic houses.

There was also the comment about the mystery theme being something that went well with railroads. If they intend to put the first area on the tail fin of the main area, it'd be a sharp transition if it suddenly went to snow. Though on the other side, cabins could work on green or snow areas, depending on the decorations. They could also be big enough to work in a similar niche to traditionals.

• Like 2

Patch has specifically referred to the Traditional Houses, the Houseboats, and the Campers & Trailers as "themes", regardless of how they backported that into the existing Linden Home page.  

I've never taken any of his comments about railroads as anything more than having the railroad running within the Camper/Trailer area - but I'll also admit that I've not heard first hand all of his comments, nor is my memory perfect for exactly what has been said over time versus my interpretation of what's been said.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

So far Patch has officially stated there will be more "beachy" abodes (I don't think he said houses) and the cabins will come into play (they have been used a tiny bit in  the trailer sims but "could" be used more? Not clear).  

Where has Patch said this officially? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Where has Patch said this officially? 

Long time ago around SL16B. Assume it is verified in the SSP thread. LittleMe might remember exactly.  Of course plans can (and have) changed so we won't REALLY know until we "see" or at least suspect strongly from the SSP map -- like the pretty obvious trailers :D.

I remembered a little more so adding. There were lots of folks that liked the SL16B beach cabanas (not Mole made - Trompe Loeil maybe? Not sure).  Anyway that comment about "beachy abodes" was in reference to that. I am pretty sure it was here on the forums. Hopefully someone will remember more. 

I too remember Patch saying that the "new theme" would go well with railroads. That's a pretty open statement though and he could very well have meant the trailers which now HAVE a railroad, so an unclear comment. Actually a lot of the "hints" are very unclear comments so even if officially said, they aren't something to take as "facts".   

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 3

In the Meet the Lindens earlier this year Patch talked about themes and even alluded to the next theme I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpyPocpzmK0

about 36:38

..not only are we going to create these awesome regions with these campers and these trailers and stuff, and we will potentially be turning the dials on producing commercial spaces in campers and trailers, but let me just say choo choo...and that will continue into the theme after which will be extremely fitting for that to continue into.

Since Patch already mentioned campers, and then mentions a theme after, unless I've completely misunderstood, I think that gives a very small hint.

The Meet the Lindens interviews this year are well worth listening to.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I wonder what the definition of "theme" is to Patch's team.  If we look at the land page, "Bellisseria" is the theme, and Traditionals, Houseboats, and Campers are all just styles of homes, with their attendant landscaping etc..  But he's kind of implied that "Railroad" is a theme, although it there is no housing type associated with it. 

I wonder if by "theme" his team means: major new design & development.  That would allow Trads, Houseboats, Campers/trailers, and Railroad to be 4 separate themes, which makes sense to me.

I did originally think the latter assumption was correct i.e. traditional home is a  'theme' with 4 styles, the houseboat 'theme' has 4 styles, camper 'theme' has 8(?) styles.

But...Patch mentions styles and themes in this interview: https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/editionone

Interviewer: It has been mentioned several times that a third style of homes will be coming in the next big round of releases. Can you tell us anything about that style of home? Will there be previews of the new homes at SL16B?

Patch: 3rd, 4th, 5th….   There are more styles and themes coming!  I can’t discuss the details yet. There will be a preview of the next style at SL16B.

It was the campers that were previewed at SL16B, so he's calling this a Style, suggesting Bellisseria is a Theme (or the homes so far have some other theme name)  Maybe it was just a slip of the tongue..

I'm confused lol.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

Water is always popular. I am not sure if snow is in demand more than once in a year.

Campers landscaping matched with more lodge - looking houses on 1024 plots would be popular. Everyone is in awe over the landscaping in the camper area.

I do wish for somewhat more muted ground textures, but that's just me. The very strong green on the ground is a bit much. The mountains are very dark too. It would not be possible to have sand bottom and edges in the lakes? Sorry for nitpicking. No complaints, just thoughts.

Beach abodes could be made more organic-looking if they did not do the same as with the boats. I am thinking much smaller islands with beach huts, shacks, abodes, in a circular pattern, not the huts in line.

I think few would like the beach huts in a row as a place to live, more a novelty. Could beach huts be another 512 m option?

Themes we miss is fantasy, Victorian and modern urban - converted warehouses and docks made into apartments. I would like that last one.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had thought that perhaps cabins would possibly be a contender for the next release. If it were a smallish release then it could be feasible for it to be seasonal in the sense of it being snowscaped for the Winter months and back to green come the Spring. 

If there were a Victorian theme I’d be setting sail for it straightaway! :D 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Water is always popular. I am not sure if snow is in demand more than once in a year.

Campers landscaping matched with more lodge - looking houses on 1024 plots would be popular. Everyone is in awe over the landscaping in the camper area.

I do wish for somewhat more muted ground textures, but that's just me. The very strong green on the ground is a bit much. The mountains are very dark too. It would not be possible to have sand bottom and edges in the lakes? Sorry for nitpicking. No complaints, just thoughts.

Beach abodes could be made more organic-looking if they did not do the same as with the boats. I am thinking much smaller islands with beach huts, shacks, abodes, in a circular pattern, not the huts in line.

I think few would like the beach huts in a row as a place to live, more a novelty. Could beach huts be another 512 m option?

Themes we miss is fantasy, Victorian and modern urban - converted warehouses and docks made into apartments. I would like that last one.

Agree with most all of this. The idea of cabins/lodge styles seems to be popular. Urban/industrial as well.

I personally am not a fan of the dark brown mountain terrain texture. (Take a look from above at the close repeating pattern, too. You can't unsee it.) The lighter shades of the landscaping rocks would be nice. Even so, once landscaping is done it's not as obvious.

In a group chat one day, many of us were hoping for a space-age theme (leaning towards retro, but futuristic had some interest) and Patch said if a lot of people were interested he'd consider it. Could have been casual convo, could be something he's already thought about... we'll just have to wait and see. Collectively everything done so far looks great so whatever theme(s) happen, they're sure to appeal to a good number of people.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Campers landscaping matched with more lodge - looking houses on 1024 plots would be popular.

I'm leaning in with this.

THEME is the overall genre and STYLE is the variations of that genre. Right now we have:

• Traditional Home theme; 4 styles
  • Houseboat theme; 4 styles
  • Camper/Trailer theme; 8 styles

I don't know if it will be next, but the reason they call Traditional "Traditional" is that there will be others, Lodges or Log Cabin-ish theme: they would replace the existing Tahoe style; think Colorado, Wyoming western types. There will surely be Asian themes (hopefully more agnostic looking than specifically Japanese in terms of style selection). There also will surely be a "fantasy-ish" theme or two. I can also imagine other cultural styles, certain European-Specific or even Southern Asia, Middle East, etc. Who knows?

Based on all I've seen coming from Patch, what we see right now it just the tip of the iceberg, as it were. I will predict at least three, maybe more full Bellisseria-sized continents or landmass when all of this is wrapped up.

Edit to add: there also is supposed to be a "Super Premium" tier coming forth and I'm sure there may be specific theme or style or, at least, parcel-sizes for those also. For me it's just a suspicion more than anything else.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5

I'm wondering what themes would fit with trains as Patch hinted at that (see my post above). Victorian? Cabins? Wild west even?

If they do cabins next I imagine it'll look great, based on what they've done already. Not sure if I'd try and snag one though, it would depend. If the windows are small again, with small rooms like the trad homes and it's on 512 plots probably not. I like big windows to view the scenery and 1024 land:) I liked the windows in the meadowbrook homes, and the houseboats feel roomy inside compared to the houses, so I hope there's a style in future that combines  that (my wishlist).

Space/futuristic could be awesome. It would be nice to have some fantasy type themes, not just 'real world' type ones, even though what they have done on Bellisseria is beautiful. Underwater or even something up in the sky could be great. 

• Like 4

I often wonder if it is possible to do a  beachy condo  thing... where there is a building with different levels and each level is a condo w balcony overlooking the water like in fla and  avis in the same buildng  but different floors condo living  ,, or an italian villa ,,, so many ideals.  Cabins are still a fav of mine beside the houseboat. Lots of windows  fingers crossed that  cabin  not  as close to the neighbors as last generation and you have the ground to use as you do with the new traditional homes.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

I often wonder if it is possible to do a  beachy condo  thing... where there is a building with different levels and each level is a condo w balcony overlooking the water like in fla and  avis in the same buildng  but different floors condo living  ,, or an italian villa ,,, so many ideals.  Cabins are still a fav of mine beside the houseboat. Lots of windows  fingers crossed that  cabin  not  as close to the neighbors as last generation and you have the ground to use as you do with the new traditional homes.  

I do not think you can stack parcels upward though, so condos on top of one another would leave no privacy to the occupants as they are all on the same parcel. Most they can do is side-by-side, as I have seen a few rental places do with town homes and such.

Italian villas would be absolutely lovely, though! I would love to see a Tuscan style.

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Actually a lot of the "hints" are very unclear comments so even if officially said, they aren't something to take as "facts". 

^^ This. More than anything, we need to remember this.  Patch LOVES to give hints upon obscured hints upon more obscured hints -- and he is VERY good at it.

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

In the Meet the Lindens earlier this year Patch talked about themes and even alluded to the next theme I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpyPocpzmK0

about 36:38

Since Patch already mentioned campers, and then mentions a theme after, unless I've completely misunderstood, I think that gives a very small hint.

The Meet the Lindens interviews this year are well worth listening to.

I had forgotten the exact wording of that statement.  So railroads will definitely play into the next theme - though again, it is anyone's guess as to exactly how.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Based on all I've seen coming from Patch, what we see right now it just the tip of the iceberg, as it were. I will predict at least three, maybe more full Bellisseria-sized continents or landmass when all of this is wrapped up.

I think the current Bellisseria is nowhere near its finished size yet.  Based on various comments Patch has made over time, I fully expect the continent to continue on down until it is within a couple of sailing lanes of Jeogeot.  There is also still some eastern expansion room before butting up against any private regions out that way.  Thus I could see current Bellisseria double or triple its current size before they need to build a new continent elsewhere.

Here is a pic of the open space they have to work with before needing to shift another area.  Definitely lots of room still for a few more themes - as long as they can transition to the newer themes within the same continent (something like a space theme would pretty much have to be a new continent).

image.thumb.png.bbf12f049801a2e91af65dbc082fcfb1.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think when Patch said "choo choo" he meant the trains that are going through the trailer regions - I don't think there is some other big secret train-related thing coming. 

Patch is very careful with his words in general, and I don't believe he has officially confirmed anything, including beach houses. I know a lot of people want them, and I'm sure that there is a big book of theme/style ideas somewhere. I was at all the SL16B talks, and have read the entire SSP thread, and I'm almost positive he has never confirmed anything, anywhere. 

He enjoys the tease too much, but we can ask him to confirm or deny.

Hey, @Patch Linden - Have you confirmed anything when it comes to upcoming themes or styles? 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think the current Bellisseria is nowhere near its finished size yet.  Based on various comments Patch has made over time, I fully expect the continent to continue on down until it is within a couple of sailing lanes of Jeogeot.  There is also still some eastern expansion room before butting up against any private regions out that way.  Thus I could see current Bellisseria double or triple its current size before they need to build a new continent elsewhere.

Here is a pic of the open space they have to work with before needing to shift another area.  Definitely lots of room still for a few more themes - as long as they can transition to the newer themes within the same continent (something like a space theme would pretty much have to be a new continent).

image.thumb.png.bbf12f049801a2e91af65dbc082fcfb1.png

Yes, exactly. Enough room for 2.5 to 3 more Bellisseria-sized land-mass, whether individual continents or not, no one knows. And by Bellisseria sized, I mean the original Bellisseria, not that add-on houseboat atoll to the northeast as we all know that was an ad-hock edition to help cover demand.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.