Will there be additional theme homes ?

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Welcome back from vaca, @Patch Linden!  Hope it was replete with RL pleasures.

Have you ever watched Treehouse Masters?  I hadn't seen it in ages, but while searching for something calm for my elder to watch, I rediscovered it.  Should a woodsy theme be on the horizon, particulalrly a natural (as opposed to fantasy/elven) one, a Treehouse style of home would be great fun!   One like the ones these folks build, both whimsical and livable.  Not everyone's cup of tea, but a neat option to have among others.

eta: I say "as opposed to fantasy/elven" just because I have no clue what fantasy LH dwellers would like.

Edited by Nika Talaj
note about fantasy
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

a Treehouse style of home would be great fun!   One like the ones these folks build, both whimsical and livable.  Not everyone's cup of tea, but a neat option to have among others.

Love it !!!!!  I have been watching that along w below deck.  It is amazing some of the tree homes ,,, wow !!!!!    Would fit in with the campers and trailors.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, you COULD combine things.  Oak Bluffs, tiny Painted Ladies 5 minutes from the ocean on Martha's Vineyard.  Beachy Victorian.

love it !!!!!! Now thats a winner  in my eyes  all the great things and perfect for any theme or land 

56 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Since people have spoken of their dislike of small rooms and their desire for a more open floor plan, the next theme is obviously going to be yurts. 

Yurt.jpg.5b4eb87cc25d7ad95cf88f44d704dac7.jpg

Recently I have been watching lots of videos about yurts. Some people have made really great homes in them.
Yurts might be cool to have in Second Life too.  😃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MichaMoz said:

I think we'll see more minimalist architecture as it would probably be lighter on the LI while retaining a modern/futuristic look.414237952_MinimalistHouseDesign_edited.jpg.b94e4950da725ae668b4f0f24a070d9c.jpg

Isn't this kinda similar to the Meadowbrook theme?  If I were LL, I'd study salvaging Meadowbrook & the Sahreta Osumai themes by removing half the homes from existing LH regions, changing the parcels to 1024, adding roads and some nice community areas, and moving them so they formed a coherent continent.  Might be more work than starting over!   As for the other two first-generation LH themes,  I think Tahoe is surpassed by the campers/trailers, and they need a completely new take on fantasy.

• Like 1

Love the yurt ideal but i think my mind is going    .... when i saw the pics  .....my brain went to the song midnight at the oasis ,,, rolling my eyes  my brain ,,,,,  at least it keeps playing happy music  i know right ,,,,,  i think i am low on the vitamin pumpkin spice 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Love the yurt ideal but i think my mind is going    .... when i saw the pics  .....my brain went to the song midnight at the oasis ,,, rolling my eyes  my brain ,,,,,  at least it keeps playing happy music  i know right ,,,,,  i think i am low on the vitamin pumpkin spice 

Nooooooooooooooo... not that song!! 

It's gonna be stuck in my head all day now... "Midnight at the oasis... send your camel to bed..."

What? Is that a thing? Do people with camels actually have to make them go to bed??

Also, that's a naughty little song!

• Like 1

brawhhhhhhhhhhhhhh        giggles   brawhhhhhhhhhhhh      yep i ll be singing it all day now and going  yurt , yurt ,,,,rl hubby just giving me that" seriously" look  lolololol

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Also, that's a naughty little song!

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2019 at 9:35 PM, Polenth Yue said:

There was also the comment about the mystery theme being something that went well with railroads. If they intend to put the first area on the tail fin of the main area, it'd be a sharp transition if it suddenly went to snow. Though on the other side, cabins could work on green or snow areas, depending on the decorations. They could also be big enough to work in a similar niche to traditionals.

Well that could be numerous things that went well with railroads, now based on the location of the railroad you could have apartments/condos or duplexes if it is more city setting. If you go with more rural areas you could have farm type homesteads or other types of homes similar to the traditional's. 

Cabins I would see them doing but really does not go well with railroads they should be in a more secluded area only see a railroad stating we getting dropped off for a trip.

18 hours ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Cabins I would see them doing but really does not go well with railroads they should be in a more secluded area only see a railroad stating we getting dropped off for a trip.

Unless it's a ranch with 4096 parcel size and only four to a region that also includes free Breedable Cattle Herds and will be available for Super-Duper Premium Tier, only $999 U.S. per month, paid annually. //JustSurmizin'

Edited by Alyona Su

I gave some thought a while back as to how an urban/highrise setting could be handled, and basically the idea was buildings where only the first and possibly second floor (for businesses) would be  really "there" and the buildings were actually shells above those levels. The elevator would be  really a teleport and the actual "floors" spread over different regions to allow for the LI allotment and server load. So the view from the apartments would be fake, basically. At the street level, though, a urban environment would be do-able, being able to walk from building to building, enjoying parks and public spaces, etc. And it could integrate businesses, something we don't currently have in the existing communities.

I think cabins/rustic vacation homes could be a huge hit if they brought in Trompe L'oeil to design them.I'd move out of a traditional home for one of those.

I am more skeptical about the mass appeal of fantasy homes. I don't know the stats on the original Linden Homes, but I'll bet the fantasy ones were the least popular.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.