Will there be additional theme homes ?

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

I am more skeptical about the mass appeal of fantasy homes. I don't know the stats on the original Linden Homes, but I'll bet the fantasy ones were the least popular.

In the beginning, they were super popular.  A couple of the fantasy versions sold out fairly quickly.  However, I think it was mostly a fad, an excitement about the "latest shiny".  I know that they are not all currently empty, but I'd bet they are definitely pretty low on the popularity scale now.  

As to whether or not a fantasy theme would be appealing now, i think it is possible that it could be very popular depending on exactly what they came up with for houses and how the landscaping of the area was done.

• Like 2

Well, LL's "Elderglen" take on fantasy was pretty cutesy.  Hobbits + florescent plants.  But in mainstream media, "Fantasy" includes a number of more muscular environments.  Game of Thrones, Avatar, Aquaman, even post-apocalyptic themes could be tapped for a "fantasy" inspiration.

I don't think I'd include scifi as fantasy, altho some would.  As someone with a semi-scientific education, I have to balk at that categorization!  But if LL did a scifi zone with some grit to it, ala Bladerunner and its derivative works, that might be cool.  Not eager to see endless metal corridors overrun with Droids and Wookies, tho.

3 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I am more skeptical about the mass appeal of fantasy homes. I don't know the stats on the original Linden Homes, but I'll bet the fantasy ones were the least popular.

Themes don't all have to be equally popular and don't need to appeal to everyone. They can vary how many they place of different themes based on demand, to avoid large areas sitting empty. What is important is to have a variety of themes to cover as many people as possible.

As an example, trailers were not the most popular option when people were polled about it. This didn't matter, because the people who did want a trailer added up to enough people to fill them and still have demand. It didn't require a majority percentage for there to be enough demand to make it worth placing them.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Themes don't all have to be equally popular and don't need to appeal to everyone. They can vary how many they place of different themes based on demand, to avoid large areas sitting empty. What is important is to have a variety of themes to cover as many people as possible.

As an example, trailers were not the most popular option when people were polled about it. This didn't matter, because the people who did want a trailer added up to enough people to fill them and still have demand. It didn't require a majority percentage for there to be enough demand to make it worth placing them.

THIS. With the old Linden homes I think I had one of each of the four themes, at least. The Fantasy theme was my least favorite so I think I stayed for only about a week, but the others I tried lasted me at least a month or two, each.

It's not about having them all always being occupied - it's about having choice and enough vacancies so that it is easy for you to change on a whim. The latter of this forthcoming once the Lindens and Moles have finally gotten caught-up, which could be a year or two away and is why they will not sink the old LL Homes regions for another year or two so they can ensure there are enough 2019 replacements for them.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I think cabins/rustic vacation homes could be a huge hit if they brought in Trompe L'oeil to design them.I'd move out of a traditional home for one of those.

I wasn't going to because I thought someone else would but no one else did so now I will.

The Moles and Lindens are perfectly capable of creating homes that are equal to, if not better than, anything Cory creates. And I do love Trompe L'oeil, but there is no need for LL to look beyond the immensely talented pool of creators they already employ. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

The Moles and Lindens are perfectly capable of creating homes that are equal to, if not better than, anything Cory creates. And I do love Trompe L'oeil, but there is no need for LL to look beyond the immensely talented pool of creators they already employ. 

It is kind of risky to suggest creators.  Just because Cory isn't listed on the (only occasionally updated) mole page in SL's wiki doesn't mean she isn't, or hasn't been, a Mole.  Campwich Lodge is furnished with items from What Next and Apple Fall.  Fits right in, doesn't it?  *wink*

I noticed at Meauxle Bureaux that there were items from inworld creators here and there.  Did they buy them, or did the moles' primary avies just place them?

The most compatible rocks I've found with Belli's are from Trompe L'oeil.

11 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

It is kind of risky to suggest creators.  Just because Cory isn't listed on the (only occasionally updated) mole page in SL's wiki doesn't mean she isn't, or hasn't been, a Mole.  Campwich Lodge is furnished with items from What Next and Apple Fall.  Fits right in, doesn't it?  *wink*

I noticed at Meauxle Bureaux that there were items from inworld creators here and there.  Did they buy them, or did the moles' primary avies just place them?

Yes Lindens and Moles have purchased items from me. Also I was hired by LL to do some work a couple times.
I don't like to view all of us as so separate from each other -- Moles vs Lindens vs Residents. As you say, in many cases they are more enmeshed than many realize.
Besides, it creates a kind of war-like mentality to make such distinctions.

Those 'Mole' rocks are wonderful btw!  There was this one underwater pillar rock I want -- nothing like it on the MP that I can find.

And the Moles need a pay raise!   $10 an hour (if still only paid that) is pathetic.

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Agreed. Who knows who is a Mole? Patch, that's who. Maybe a couple others in HR. 

Anytime you buy something, it's entirely possible you're purchasing from a Mole. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.