Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I'm exploring Lake Tatakaka and it turns out my Camper lot is in the perfect location at the south of the lake - this seems the be the largest (longest) body of water among all these lakes. And I'm finding fun little details I suspect many never see, like hidden waterfalls!

Purtis

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Williamsburg model looks like all/most of the walls are straight - at least it looks that way from the outside.

The Vardo version also has square walls, along with a couple of the campers, the walls are not sharp corners, but squared enough to easily decorate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2019 at 10:22 PM, PrudenceAnton said:

The Sun Valley trailer! I love that one.  Show us more pics, please.  🥰

Sun Valley trailer!! This looks so great. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the back deck??? I tried the control in the trailer 😫 how?!

Edited by pippi Jinx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Can you explain this part in sort of laymen's terms?  I mean, tiny is tiny, so I'm confused why your tiny doesn't have issues if there is a large piece farther away from it versus if not.

I took some parts off of a mesh and now some other parts have LOD issues.  So maybe this will help me understand why.

Will try. Kinda bleary at the moment. Waiting for soup to get warm.   

The problem with the handles is that they are TINY and tiny things break up FASTER (oh so much faster) than larger things. I "could" have incorporated the handles into the cabinets, but that cuts down some of the modifying and I while I was making this for me (well mostly the challenge part) I did want it to be useful for others so that everyone wouldn't be using the same trailer LOL.    Anyway,  even though I uploaded the handles at full LOD for the first three levels of viewing the only way to get them to be REALY solid at a distance would have made them very primmy. There "is" a trick (or a couple) that you can use in this instance and I "may" try that and add that piece in for those having LOD issues. 

The reason that the handles "work" with the divider wall and door is that the wall  breaks up the visual space. So it is VERY difficult to see the handles in the bedroom when you are standing in the kitchen for example. When it is all open then there is a noticeable problem (for me anyway).  I LIKE the handles but they do add to the LI count even as is.  I did try a couple of other "mesh tricks" but while they kept the LODs better the LI went up and I KNOOOOOOW people are after the lowest LI they can get and still have reasonable LODS. So that wasn't a good answer.    

I have three versions of woods done and tested now and I "may" (after some food and a gaming break) try another "handle trick" and see if THAT one will give better results. I am NOT going to redo four inserts, but if the handle is "better" I will pack in the "high LOD handle" for do-it-yourself folks.   Remember I'm not a cashing out gal any longer. I am not worried about sales or "my brand" or any of that any more. :D I just want to make something useful that is also game asset mesh and looks good.    AND people can of course come and SEE the build as I always urge folks to do -- so my consensus is clear.  I was a bad girl the other day and forget to check the LODs on an event item.  Sigh. So some major design work arounds in order to USE said  bad LOD item LOL.   You would think ...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wolfington/25/64/40

OK. Soup and puzzles and then I'll see about the handles. Hope my ramblings made SOME sense.  

And to @RaeLeeH   the ONE trailer (really a "tiny house" not a trailer) has straight walls. That is the only one that isn't problematic. If you are working on that large airstream know that "I" wouldn't be able to make much for that one -- even after all my thousands of hours in Blender.    Winter is thinking of making some things for the trailers but not sure if she is willing to tackle that one either LOL.  So anyone brave enough ----- MANY KUDOS even for the effort. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, pippi Jinx said:

Sun Valley trailer!! This looks so great. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the back deck??? I tried the control in the trailer 😫 how?!

i had to turn access to everyone, then you unlock deck in the trailer menu, then touch the front bumper of your camper

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The reason that the handles "work" with the divider wall and door is that the wall  breaks up the visual space. So it is VERY difficult to see the handles in the bedroom when you are standing in the kitchen for example. When it is all open then there is a noticeable problem (for me anyway). 

Gotcha.  I thought you were saying that by having the divider wall as part of the linked set, it somehow made the LOD of the handles better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Three days in the making (with only a couple of hours of that being decorating LOL)  I give you Lani's and my "Glamping Trailer".   This may take two posts for the photos LOL. 

1885999566_trailerlifeexterior.thumb.jpg.ea2783119aac7a597a6b16df1df3d9b6.jpg

When this one was first shown at the preview event, the sides were a sheet-metal type texture and so it looked a bit too industrial for me, though I imagine that would appeal to some.  I like the wood slats much better.  Looking at the texture pack, there doesn't appear to even be a texture for that original metal outside.  Here is what it looked like back then:

Chesapeake.thumb.jpg.4566121c788fc07a97cb0e65c24bd913.jpg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When this one was first shown at the preview event, the sides were a sheet-metal type texture and so it looked a bit too industrial for me, though I imagine that would appeal to some.  I like the wood slats much better.  Looking at the texture pack, there doesn't appear to even be a texture for that original metal outside.  Here is what it looked like back then:

First time I saw this one, I thought, 'oooh converted horse trailer house'!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, heartzwhim said:

hope some of you talented mesh users who can build walls for these campers, will place some on MP. For us who know nothing bout how thats done, would greatly appreciate it. 

i notice that a couple of people are turning their Williamsburg campers into cabins, by boardiing up the wheels :😻

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

this is actually what I wanted, after I saw at the birthday. But somewhere the style got changed to wood

the Shenandoah caravan has this metal texture tho. Dunno why it got dropped from this the Cheaspeake.  But oh! well, i can work with wood :)

• Like 4

OK I fixed the handles (if not eloquently - they have good LODs now with the same land impact and look the same -- only mesh inspectors will see my cheat :D).  And except for the ones at Bellisseria they are switched out. I will likely do those tonight. But the grid has been pretty wonky for me today so I want to test everything again tomorrow before putting anything out. So for the two people waiting (wink) it's a not today thing.    BUT I am glad there are handles that work now.  It was pretty complex to expect folks to do it themselves so "I" did it.  

At one point half of my build just disappeared (much like that "encroaching" deck so perhaps it wasn't the encroaching at all - yes in Bellisseria).  Mine came back again when I left and returned. I did NOT derender it LOL. 

The trials and tribulations of builders :D. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There was actually a CEDAR siding (much like the one I am using but definitely "raw cedar" (I live in cedar country). But that was before SL16B opened. I posted a picture on my blog back then.  This is very similar to that and that one was the one I fell in love with. Now there are PINK (which Lani most likely would have preferred) and other odd colors so likely "committee" made a few changes. This I think it says is version 4.   :D.   

• Like 3

So I've been tweakin' on my Tiny House version of the Williamsburg.

Before picture of the kitchen.  - While taking time to find something more suited, more custom looking, I used this at the beginning.

1461995573_WilliamsonburgTrailer8.thumb.png.174bfbddb50103f7fc7d297f92c96128.png

I ended up with this, to get a more carpenter-custom look of a piecemeal, put together kitchen to fit into a tiny home.

105339413_Willamsburgkitchen.thumb.png.ac3be1c03f36d3a416594e4f546ae8b8.png

• Like 15

Kitchen-Living room combo area:

Before -  I didn't have the round little sofa chair I wanted. Still don't but found another to use until its in the store again. 😉

1439267561_WilliamsonburgTrailer7.thumb.png.d0f8890fc27982bdf59a1f58d02898c7.png

After - New round sofa chair and a few more additional decorations.  Patience to browse MP and events helps you find some great items at low LI to fill a place up nicely.

277750131_WilliamsburgLivingroom_001.thumb.png.8b2bc4c97da9f0c5ceb7c6a10225461a.png

• Like 8

Bathroom area:

Before
- I love this little private area but decide to give up my nicer tub (with extra animations I added in) for a lower LI one so I could fit in this gorgeous wooden shower from Tia, also low LI. Love it 
 ❤️

1110894614_WilliamsonburgTrailer2.thumb.png.19e873c7f1d1005e38d57b79417cbcd6.png

After -  New bath area, much more romantic and still smaller bathroom fixtures suited for a tiny house.

1863145001_Willamsburgbathroom..thumb.png.8ab9daeef9f65ab7bf71a7c4f96d0ada.png

• Like 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.