Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

The only reason I have no chickens is I don't have enough prims left.

FYI - "trashy" - to respond since I have a feeling this was directed at me using the word...is a decor term in this instance. Was not an implication that all people/trailers are trashy. And for that matter what's trash to one is a found treasure to another. I could have used retro, vintage, tacky too. Pretty much all the same as far as I'm concerned and I think most of us here would understand exactly the look I meant instantly. 

PS: SL is still a virtual world last time I checked. So ummm all make believe trash anyway. 

/huffs off to roll a fat one, shake out her hair rollers, tease up her bleached hair and shake a tail feather next door to play mahjongg with the gals and gossip the night away about the men folk

Anyone got a lighter?

Good thing we're neighbors. We really must have a Beaten Path kegger! 

• Like 2

I think a whole lot of misunderstanding just happened recently :D  I need to take a forum break I think... I got defensive because of the implication the more casual properties were sub-par to the more upscale folks, and 'ruining' the area. That was the post I was responding to, originally, not you, Elora! Ugh.. I need to stick with pictures only.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 9/19/2019 at 8:25 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

My trailer is completely empty.  I am having too much fun perfecting the outdoors and really I don't need a kitchen or bed or table when I can play outside. ☺️

i am the same really, I just like the outdoors.  Have mounted houses and furnished them at times. Skyboxes also. Doing it is quite fun, but when is all done then within a few days I delete it all, and go back to a outdoors garden-y setting

when I do have any building structures in my gardens then I am most happy when its more open. Like no roof or at least one big side open

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I think a whole lot of misunderstanding just happened recently :D  I need to take a forum break I think... I got defensive because of the implication the more casual properties were sub-par to the more upscale folks, and 'ruining' the area. That was the post I was responding to, originally, not you, Elora! Ugh.. I need to stick with pictures only.

No harm (no fowl 😄)

Don't go. It's fine. We good!

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Possibly so, but I need some specifics before I can do anything.   Are you saying that you, as the owner of the parcel, can use the doors on all the other 7 trailers but not the Chesapeake?  Or are you saying you can't open any doors at all?

I would like to take a look at the trailer, on your parcel, with you there, so I can see exactly what's happening.   Can you please message me (either here or in-world) when you get a chance and we can set something up?   It shouldn't take me long to gain the information I need, but I need you there.

the locked door issue only occurs on the first time that the Chesapeake is rezzed.  Its locked even for the parcel Owner. When as Owner we cam inside and set Access to Owner or Anyone then the Access open door permission holds.  Holds meaning, rez another type of trailer, then re-rez the Chesapeake

basically the Access Door permission is not set to the Owner as the initial default setting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I am sorry if my post was taken the wrong way, I wish I could have deleted it but it had already been quoted.  I did not intend to insult anyone or call their parcels sub-par.  I will not attempt to post on the forums again and have lost my desire to read them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I was watching Big Brother! (Doesn't Henry realize he can be the vehicle for you and Jolene? lol)

Henry tossed me and moseyed back home but thankfully we’d made it to the lodge and Jolene and I were able to snag a boat ride. She flew the coop (faithless faux pheasant!) during a rough region crossing, and I finally found my way back to the trailer where Jolene and Henry had hacked into the access panel (I suspect @Quartz Mole taught them how), locked me out, and were snuggled up in my bed. I had to bunk down by the campfire but somebody’s dog started howling and it startled me and I rolled down the hill into the river. 

All because YOU were watching Big Brother.

#trailerlife 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

SO, I went back and took up most of what I had put out.  I nixed the idea of an indoor bathroom and am opting for one in the great outdoors.  I will still have an outdoor kitchen/dining which will be located on my covered patio :)  I built.  I included underpinning as well and the wheels are covered too.  It ended up being a total of 9 LI for it all.  I am sure I can get it down further in blender but I have to learn how to do that :P  Anyways, a pic of my progress...

The Camping Life (1).png

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Ellen Cordeaux said:

Great job!  Was this just for a friend, or will you be doing a general release?  I neeeeds it!  lol

Thanks! And thanks @LittleMe Jewell too for answering. :) 👍

7 hours ago, Arquet said:

Ooooh, that looks fantastic!

And all that storage space, too... always so good to have 😉

Thank you! It still has some minor flaws but I'm mostly happy with it, 85%-90% happy with it anyway. I've been asked by a few people already to add more "shapes" but will probably take me a few days. I need to get back to my Blender course or I'll never finish it. When and if I get the hang of that then I might be able to attempt this set in Blender to fix some of the limitations I'm facing with Mesh Gen - or maybe that's just too adventurous. But it's a start at least. 

❤️

• Like 4

@Abnor Mole & @Quartz Mole  There's an issue we've come across with the Williamsburg trailer.  The owner has found when it rezzes, that when he adds people, there is not 'list' button to save the settings and have those you add on, work.  The only way anyone in the group can use the doors and windows is to set it to 'anyone' can open/close etc.  No luck at all having those in your group being added to use the interior house control panel, since the 'list' button does not show on the menu at all.

Example 1 is how I receive the house control menu on my own parcel:

1.png.f3b37b2aa1f6e432ea098d417ad9b034.png

After hitting the Access button, I see this below, which you can see the 'list' button, add, remove, view list, only me, anyone.

2.png.9c210453dd3643864121e1f1d37b988f.png

When the owner clicks on the house control panel for the Williamsburg trailer this is what he gets:

3.png.91b5827126ec16a8049221e900c42929.png

The next menu, as you can see is missing the view list, remove, and list button. He can add in names, but cannot save these changes.  So those in the land group cannot use the doors, or windows unless its set to 'anyone'  and we cannot access the house control panel for redecorating either.

4.png.b8e6510b732286ac62321637fd5aeebe.png

The first time he rezzed the Williamsburg, this control panel worked to add others and allow them access.  When he went to rez a different trailer and went back to the Williamsburg, it no longer works properly.  He's reset the main outside house controller twice, to no avail.  We've put in a ticket as well, but have not heard back as of yet.  Since  you mentioned on this thread, for those having issues to post it  here, I'm listing this one, as your name is on the control panel for the houses. I hope I provided enough information.  🤔

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Onto fun things again, I'm striving for not just a nicely decorated tiny home interior, but the realism in SL of these little houses special features. I hunted and hunted and found two I just love and decided to share with others that might want to strive for such a feature.

Our fold down dinning table and folding chairs.  Yes, the table actually works.  As for the folding chairs up, or in use and the items on the table. I put in a hide/show script for the 2 chair sets and used AVsitter propr rezzers in the table, so I can clear them when not in use (or not wanted)

Folding table & chairs up:

1285250893_foldingtable1.thumb.png.a5dc306ee7784d08322a63a02acbbe8d.png

Folding table and chairs in use with table decor:
69352780_foldingtable2.thumb.png.53696c0586cd3056409a711cf83ea299.png

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Continued:

In the bedroom area, is a nice little open sitting area with a hidden feature.

1183371969_foldoutbed1.thumb.png.153d2016cba18c46046647120a48ce83.png

Fold out bed down:

2018565507_foldoutbed2.thumb.png.024e0076470c32f4ce6f28317f897fb7.png

Where do you find all this stuff?? If you keep this up Prudence you're going to make me abandon my Traditional and move into a camper at this rate! I love what you're doing with yours! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Where do you find all this stuff?? If you keep this up Prudence you're going to make me abandon my Traditional and move into a camper at this rate! I love what you're doing with yours! ❤️

Dear lord, yes!! I am so envious!

I didn't want a camper, because I thought it wasn't any camper related things made, only Soy and the trashy DRD.

And I thought, what's the point of moving into a camper, just to use the regular furniture I have? .... @PrudenceAntonshows me so many other great options.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.