Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posting a few outside pics of my Camper (in Backhill) - I just got a few days ago.  I do miss a little, the house location I had in Sweetmarsh, but not regretting the move at all.  Love it here.  Love the view from the back, but had to derender the trees & bushes that were in the way.....never derendered anything before....I made it permanent in Firestorm, then I used the SL viewer & they are not derendered......oh well, will have to mostly use the Firestorm viewer while I am living here, lol.2128425344_9.22-Doingalittlemoredecorating_001.thumb.jpg.5ecd270a5dcc1d3d74cef7cb2eee0dbb.jpg

9.22 - Doing a little more decorating_002.jpg

9.23 - Outside pic 2 - but smaller window_003.jpg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I went neighbor-gazing and see that we share the same neighbor, @Layla Claven, Hahaha! ~waves~ I cammed around inside, it's amazing! (You didn't say it was public, so I didn't trespass, honest! What amazes me is how you fit all that decoration into 175 LI!  :)

Wow we are pretty close by... yeah feel free to come take a peek... its not like an officially declared public place but i have no issue with people coming over to enjoy it.  I kinda figured it would attract some curiosity with the sign which i mostly put out there because i liked the sign. 😁

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Thanks! And thanks @LittleMe Jewell too for answering. :) 👍

Thank you! It still has some minor flaws but I'm mostly happy with it, 85%-90% happy with it anyway. I've been asked by a few people already to add more "shapes" but will probably take me a few days. I need to get back to my Blender course or I'll never finish it. When and if I get the hang of that then I might be able to attempt this set in Blender to fix some of the limitations I'm facing with Mesh Gen - or maybe that's just too adventurous. But it's a start at least. 

❤️

Picked it up today!  Thanks RaeLee for all your very hard work with this wonderful little addition.  Yay!  (You know you could charge more for this - lols)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is another hot shopping tip (now that I have mine *wink*).   And so happy to see those great trees appearing in the trailer areas! 

Meanwhile just out at Cosmopolitan from Roiro, maker of extremely good mesh products, WINDOW SHADES. These are mod and fit the Chesapeake very nicely. They are HALF a land impact  so linking two will only cost you one.  I got mine on the aftermarket in the Marketplace for basically the same price as a pull. 

Love them. So classy.

413658744_glampingkitchen.thumb.jpg.663f29ee7b4fb904d7311f48dc7a0743.jpg

• Like 14

On 9/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, Morena Tully said:

If you've never used cement blocks and wood slabs for a TV or stereo, you haven't lived.

6 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I did the same thing but with milk crates when I was in college.  At the risk of dating myself, my stereo had a double cassette deck. 😆

*Goes to search for milk crates and a boombox on the Marketplace to recreate the aesthetic in my LH*

We used cement blocks and 2x6s for shelving. 

We used utility wire spools for furniture also - the large ones made a decent enough kitchen table, the smaller ones worked well for stools around the table and for end tables in the living room.  Sort of like this, but we simply painted them black to hide all the imperfections.

outdoor-tables-made-out-of-wooden-wire-spools-get-some-free-utility-cable-or-reels-and-begin-to-create-your-bar-sized-table-stools-for-picnics-i-will-tell-you-how-make.jpg

Ahhhh, wasn't college life grand?

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We used cement blocks and 2x6s for shelving. 

We used utility wire spools for furniture also - the large ones made a decent enough kitchen table, the smaller ones worked well for stools around the table and for end tables in the living room.  Sort of like this, but we simply painted them black to hide all the imperfections.

outdoor-tables-made-out-of-wooden-wire-spools-get-some-free-utility-cable-or-reels-and-begin-to-create-your-bar-sized-table-stools-for-picnics-i-will-tell-you-how-make.jpg

Ahhhh, wasn't college life grand?

:SwingingFriends:

We had 2 of those cable spools used in one of our first duplex homes up in Alaska.  At that time I thought, "Wow, what a great find!"  We also had the cedar blocks and plywood entertainment center setup as well.  And we had a bar table and 2 1950s kitchen chairs.  All second hand stuff.  The turquoise vinyl headboard I could have lived without though.  🙄
grey-cracked-ice-retro-diner-chair-made-in-the-usa.jpg.da5f62a2bc7a2fe2f84ea1b8b6cdfdbd.jpg

• Like 6

On 9/21/2019 at 4:57 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

Amazing views from the top of Tawakoni hills. There really needs to be sitting up here and table of yummy food 😂

I really, really wanted to get on Tawakoni when I saw it on the map, because I live on Lake Tawakoni in Texas! But it wasn't meant to be, because I fell in love with my traditional house plot when it popped up. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

It's so cute and cozy with all that clutter. I really love it. ❤️ May I ask where you got it from?

I'd need more specifics of what you are asking about which piece in the picture so I can give you a better answer.  There are many pieces by many various creators.  😉

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I'd need more specifics of what you are asking about which piece in the picture so I can give you a better answer.  There are many pieces by many various creators.  😉

Crap, I want ALL of it! 🤣 ~haha~ No, I mean the kitchen counter/stove. It's so perfect for small locations. 😊

• Like 3

Just found a gorgeous and very detailed bit of food clutter.   It is 2 li (not terribly heavy mesh - items were uploaded separately) but I still have tons left to use so I love it.     From andika as a group gift.  In with D-Lab here:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Poecila/37/71/3015

Free group. Two different versions of the cup - other with spoon standing up on edge. 

So some of my older things in Lani's trailer are getting replaced and upgraded.  Could use more in the bedroom (once again) but not much room in there LOL.   Hopefully something great will appear.   

261899299_cafeaulait.thumb.jpg.f259f4ab9e2676c01fc2b66caca30d3a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I went hiking in a camping area tonight, and spotted a blue dot way, way up on top of some rocks. I climbed up and found a little hidden picnic area, complete with blanket and basket, thoughtfully left by Moles! 

Oh, there are a LOT of walking trails leading out from the Lodge, one goes up to Campwich Train Station, others go into the woods, another heads up that hill then splits off toward the Zip Line area, and then up where you are. There are hidden cuddle blankets and tables, benches and logs *all over the place* - and all (that I've found) are seats, most with the option for couples (some have cuddles, too).

The thing with SL is that we've all be teleporting everywhere for so long that we forget that sometimes we can find amazing things if we just walk around and look. LOL

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks, was going to ask if cuddling on the trails is allowed.

Well, all of Bellisseria is Mature rating, so technically, you can even run around nekkid if you're into exhibitionism, I suppose. ~winks~

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2019 at 2:36 PM, Aethelwine said:

I have an Ise-Tan by them which is cute and fun, but no cruise control puts me off using them for prolonged expeditions.

For this new area, the Mudkippers by Arton Rotaru will take a lot of beating, small, cruise control and work just as well in the water as they do on land, they go up slopes like no other vehicle I have tried. No problems at all with sim crossing in them, I toured Corsica in one a few weeks ago with no problem and spent at least an hour on Tuesday exploring the paths and waterways of the new area with one without any problem.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/aR-Mudskipper-6x6-AATV-Off-Road-Vehicle/3313846

Thanks for the heads up, after messing around in one I agree that it's a great vehicle for the Camper regions.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.