Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

It seems to be the rarest one I see being used, it;'s the flat-topped with the round front that is made of wood. It's just too icky-looking for me. The metal version I saw at SL16B preview was okay, but that wood just totally breaks all immersion for me

i tend to agree. I really liked the metal on the Chesapeake that was shown at the birthday.  Particularly the copper sheen, I really wanted that when I saw it.  Then for some reason it got changed to wood. Which as you say, the way the wood cladding has been structured is a little bit incongruous for the shape. As somebody else mentioned previously the Chesapeake most resembles a horse float. And the way the woodwork has been done, I think takes away from this

i think about re-cladding the whole exterior sometimes, as i do like the shape. Might even put stalls inside and put some horses in it. dunno. I will think about it more

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mollymews said:

I really liked the metal on the Chesapeake that was shown at the birthday.  Particularly the copper sheen

This. It is the Copper-ish look that I liked a lot at Preview. But when I saw the wood the first thing to run through my mind was "WTF are they thinking? Has to be an accident."

• Like 1

• Moles
On 9/24/2019 at 1:44 PM, Ellen Cordeaux said:

I had the same issue yesterday.  I finally found a trim in one of the boxes that 'kinda' matched and with a little color manipulation it worked but I'm pretty sure the actual trim I was looking for is missing from the texture boxes.  I had a chat with another camp resident who said she had the same issue.

I was going to ask the mole that made the version I choose (air-stream) but since he wasn't online I sent a very polite question about the textures to @Abnor Mole who never bothered to even acknowledge that I contacted him.  I know they are busy but dang, complete silence.  I can only suggest that you improvise like I did.  *shrugs  

Sorry. I don't always get a chance to respond to offline IMs when I log in... and if my viewer crashes (which is has been doing a lot lately) I don't even know who contacted me. 

• Like 9

I managed to catch an abandoned trailer (thank you to whomever gave it up!) I love this spot and had so much fun decorating that I thought I would share. I went for the easy option of the Williamsburg but perhaps when I'm bored and feeling up to the challenge of dealing with curves I will change it. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 30

2 hours ago, Shali Manx said:

I managed to catch an abandoned trailer (thank you to whomever gave it up!) I love this spot and had so much fun decorating that I thought I would share. I went for the easy option of the Williamsburg but perhaps when I'm bored and feeling up to the challenge of dealing with curves I will change it. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I looooove that frame you made for a divider. It's perfect! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Shali Manx said:

The round metal pool... I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it. May I ask where it's from? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shali Manx said:

4.jpg

Nice small kitchen @Shali Manx  I like the dorm size frig.  What kitchen set are you using in this photo?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

That is a very nice one, though there also are these on MP: https://bit.ly/2ncpqQq

Edit to add: there is an entire "Pools" sub-category under Home and Garden, I'm going to get this one (2LI): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DO-Wooden-Bath-Tub-Adult-Bento/17394984

Here are a couple others I looked at:

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

That is a very nice one, though there also are these on MP: https://bit.ly/2ncpqQq

Edit to add: there is an entire "Pools" sub-category under Home and Garden, I'm going to get this one (2LI): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DO-Wooden-Bath-Tub-Adult-Bento/17394984

Here are a couple others I looked at:

I looked at every pool I could find on the MP in hopes of being able to recreate this scene...

tenor.gif.c1dbb7ac8daeb4dfc67c848f4a16f79f.gif

...and was unable to find one as close as the one pictured above. That's why I eventually gave up and went withe the other model of trailer. 

If I get the metal pool from the pic above, I can add the flowers around the edge myself... I've got everything else ready to go!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I bought that one last week. It's really cute and even rezzes a little rubber ducky that swims around. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I looked at every pool I could find on the MP in hopes of being able to recreate this scene...

tenor.gif.c1dbb7ac8daeb4dfc67c848f4a16f79f.gif

...and was unable to find one as close as the one pictured above. That's why I eventually gave up and went withe the other model of trailer. 

If I get the metal pool from the pic above, I can add the flowers around the edge myself... I've got everything else ready to go!

Ahah! I get it. Sometimes it can take me hours, days (and even months) to shop for an item when I have a specific look in my head!  :) Well, maybe others will appreciate those links. LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Time to tear down the Shenandoah and put up the whatever it's called and set a trailer on fire! 

again

You're welcome!

[Lol a neighbor has this trailer, hope she doesn't mind Litta trolloping around it]

1442463224_calmdown_001.thumb.png.85fb02c0a28a9b13db385850d6f364b5.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Nice small kitchen @Shali Manx  I like the dorm size frig.  What kitchen set are you using in this photo?

Thanks Prudence, like Sylvia said, the kitchen is this one https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/vespertinesmall-spaces-kitchen/9269404 .  The good thing is you can modify it to fit and even unlink the oven and move it to a different spot if need be.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

It's the one from Chez Moi that Nika said. I tried so many different ones but that one was perfect! I did unlink the pool float that it came with and added my own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our wonderful trailer.  We had to go with the biggie, my partner was feeling a bit claustro in the smaller ones :)

Didn't have to do much landscaping, because of the stunning setting.  Nothing derendered in any of these shots.

1519987393_RossiWheeler_002resize.png.9603eaa4180125ea8b459941df7a9d22.png

The view from the road.  Since this was taken, a Mudskipper ATV has taken up residence! in front of the trailer hitch!

1365861755_RossiWheeler_003edit.thumb.png.89158d922ee3aa6a311b389a714d98ef.png

Cozy before bed, a quick ciggie in the glow of the woodstove before bed  :) 

The window is open because outside there's a nice fresh breeze, still stirring the autumn leaves in the dark.

216604424_Rossiinterior_Best2.thumb.png.e59edbbee5eb3b6b98623ad590d03119.png

to be continued...

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.