Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Aaa the Plaaka kitchen!

It's one of my favs!

In RL, I have some friends who live in the cold lands of the upper northeast.  They bought a large tract of land when they married, but then were land-poor.  Being a building contractor, the husband built their first house by hand using pieces he scavenged from job sites.  He's extremely skilled, the house turned out to be utterly charming, and they raised their kids there.  These somewhat randomly textured cabinets from Plaaka's kitchen make me smile, remembering that house.

The stove has decent anims, but the cabinets have none.  Which is ok, because the lady of the house mostly just perches on the stool (from Chez Moi), sipping wine.  And the fridge that pairs with the cabinets looks like a gun cabinet with cooking anims that are hilariously un-positioned, so I picked up a different fridge.  I was trying for a midcentury look. Beyond the cabinets is a small breakfast bar, for which I used the beautiful dinette table in the content package.

I'm sorry for the darkness of these pics, I took them on a lappie with a very very bright screen.  You can't even see the woodstove, which is a beautiful little dark red number.  Had to build the exhaust pipe outside myself, tho. 

Many of the things on this parcel are freebies or full perm things I've had forever, and love.  The hanging lamp in the pic you show, Elora, is a lovely old freebie that swings and has dangling/struggling anims on it that can sit two.  When this alt hangs out in her digs, she can really HANG OUT.

Of course, none of these old things have materials, so are definitely not "Home Beautiful" pieces.  But they have meaning for me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I love these campers and trailers!  The campground setting looks and feels so genuine and thoughtfully created I can nearly smell the campfires!  The sites are splendid and feel very large as they blend so well into the natural surroundings the parcels feel even larger than they actually are.  I've enjoyed seeing the brilliant decorating ideas everyone is sharing here and inworld as well.  It truly does feel like going on a camping holiday and meeting so many lovely people out exploring ♥  I've soaked up as much goodness as my creative sponge can hold and have been puttering since Tuesday, September 17 (when I snagged this beautiful site first try) to get it to feel right.  There's still a few small things I need to find and a few changes to be made, to make it feel just right but for now it's almost there.

Fireflies and crickets in the early evening... simply blissful ❤️

fefb2008b07b6b947959cf9a26dfc34e.gif

The (almost) October sky makes every view from every angle feel 'picture worthy' and makes me wish I was a better photographer

e8107a7e1b3f7aaf0dad604db639b772.jpg

Lazily spinning the cassette carousel waiting for Doc to get Home from work so we could go for a walk,  I noticed what lovely blurred shadows were on the wall... and how I really need to put some pics in the empty frames on the fridge!

f0ec57ab7e3e62e776314f95c2ffc070.gif

• Like 13

I really like the shade of yellow on the chair!  One of those colours that just feels so good!  I clicked a windlight setting named Bryn Oh's BOX MetaLES somehow and got mesmerized by what happened to the sky.  It really is like liquid metal!

259b1403bd15a57a92504c40a123794a.gif

Some things I made and some things Doc made and some stuff which caught my eye for any number of reasons that got jumbled together and ended up here in our ideal campsite in the campground!

52a289ea779e54dd7a59c19cdc688d38.gif

I just love those shadows from the liquid metal sky!  I got mesmerized watching them and forgot what I was intending to take a gif of!

7d96de035fc70db5f8e880b7acd498c3.gif

Early evening turning into dusk with a splendid sunset! and we're as ready as I intend to be for a fun Hallowe'en month!  I hope some will find the bowl of Treats on the picnic table!

b0bbf5fec879ae35f7a3e59dc1f6d998.gif

Thank you to everyone whose ideas and great finds have inspired us!  Only 18 LI left but another 22 LI will be freed after Hallowe'en, just in time for the winter! 😊

• Like 20

On 10/1/2019 at 2:37 AM, BJoyful said:

I really like the shade of yellow on the chair!  One of those colours that just feels so good!  I clicked a windlight setting named Bryn Oh's BOX MetaLES somehow and got mesmerized by what happened to the sky.  It really is like liquid metal!

Some things I made and some things Doc made and some stuff which caught my eye for any number of reasons that got jumbled together and ended up here in our ideal campsite in the campground!

I just love those shadows from the liquid metal sky!  I got mesmerized watching them and forgot what I was intending to take a gif of!

Early evening turning into dusk with a splendid sunset! and we're as ready as I intend to be for a fun Hallowe'en month!  I hope some will find the bowl of Treats on the picnic table!

Thank you to everyone whose ideas and great finds have inspired us!  Only 18 LI left but another 22 LI will be freed after Hallowe'en, just in time for the winter! 😊

Love love love your home!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, real life intrudes, but I had to share this!  In the Home & Garden section of our local paper today, there's an article about a little camper festival that some little town is having.  Take a look at the 2 pics they showed!

camper1.jpg.8d48d7265609cab174bcc58aeac624b5.jpg

And yes, WE ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE OBSESSED WITH TINY KITCHEN DESIGN!!!!

camper2.thumb.jpg.c0359b8f88e5f1c6bac675848dfb29e0.jpg

They had more pics on the website, as it turns out.  I offer this in defense of the diner bench in our Trailer Content Packs:

camper3.thumb.jpg.38659584ebfe28d594a474b0a38a5762.jpg

Looks to me like they have more prims to work with than we do!

Edited by Nika Talaj
more prims
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

OK, real life intrudes, but I had to share this!  In the Home & Garden section of our local paper today, there's an article about a little camper festival that some little town is having.  Take a look at the 2 pics they showed!

They had more pics on the website, as it turns out.  I offer this in defense of the diner bench in our Trailer Content Packs:

Super cute kitchen.

• Like 2

I decided to change from the bigger Tiny House (Winchester) to the Sun Valley trailer.  I like the way the sliding doors open out the back. 

It comes with a deck....but the deck has railings around it with no way to step off....so I put up my own deck. 

I think I like this one better than the bigger one - for a change....I actually do think I could live in a trailer or a tiny house for real.....maybe.....

9.30 - inside, booth, bed, kitchen_001.jpg

9.30 - inside, living area_002.jpg

9.30 - trailer_001.jpg

9.30 - trailer_002.jpg

• Like 14

On 10/1/2019 at 1:37 AM, BJoyful said:

Oh, what a wonderful atmosphere! Very inspiring!

I loooove that red wood burning stove - would you mind sharing where it's from?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Me want camper!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

i gave up my trailer yesterday. As after I mounted some stuff on the parcel then I never used it really after that. I mostly just use my parcel to rez stuff that I am working on/with. Somebody else snaffled it so that was good.. Is better that they have as is still lots of people want one and will use a trailer far more than I ever will

i might get another one, one day, when is lots of them available like how is with the old Linden Homes. Til then happy camping everybody :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I love that!  How I wish we could get a creator to design a compact kitchen like that for the campers.  😍

• Like 4

I was undecided about what model to use at first, but I finally made up my mind (for now). I'm still working on the interior, but I'm pretty happy with the outdoor part so far (though I have a few other landscaping arrangements that I want to try, eventually). Love the view for now...

48853483531_af7aafe58a_h.jpgView from a room by Arquet Resident, on Flickr

url=https://flic.kr/p/2hr2PEH]48853668697_4eaaa15c91_h.jpg[/url]Lemon Camper with poppies by Arquet Resident, on Flickr

bellisseria_030.png

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Kamalin Bailey said:

I went a little bit different route and turned my camper into a she shed. Totally impractical for day to day living, but a very cozy hangout.

I love the coziness and nautical theme!  In particular,  this signal flag hanging,  WANT!!1!

image.thumb.png.e6a102fb99ed779754dfd6817471daed.png.fc528eaf715faa89c02ba080426d5142.png

Can you share where it came from?  I poked around marketplace, didn't see it.

• Like 2

My Williamsburg model camper in the Arvee region, was in the mood for fall forest earth tones so the decor is pretty low key for now.   I love it, I can fish from my front yard, and the river drops down to a big waterfall, it is so scenic.  (I'm not quite sure how multiple images will work in the posting so fingers crossed!)  My favorite camper enhancements are the Jian owl and the lighted camp tower from Goose, the tower is resizable, scaled back the height a bit so it is not too obnoxious and from the tower there is a stunning view of the river sunset and the ocean.  The room divider thing is made from prims, I'm hoping someone will make a nice skirted wood deck thing for the outside and put it on MP :)  hint hint

1 Arvee interior front room.png

2 Arvee back room_001.png

3 Night with Owl.png

5 Arvee sunset and ocean.png

• Like 14

16 hours ago, Kamalin Bailey said:

I went a little bit different route and turned my camper into a she shed. Totally impractical for day to day living, but a very cozy hangout.

image.png

Perfectly suitable for SL day to day living, lol.....love the furniture....so cute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.