Jump to content
Vana Gears

Trailer Life

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

 

For someone who thinks they suck with the 175 prims you have done an outstanding job!  You really have, that looks fabulous.

AWWWW thank you so much, it's a challenge thats for sure ❤️ 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

A note to the Moles so paging @Abnor Mole    The Chesapeake model camper rezzes as locked while apparently (I didn't try) others are open?

second this.  My Chesapeake was locked on the first rez.  After unlocking it by camming inside, rezzing another type of trailer, and re-rezzing the Chesapeake then it stayed unlocked

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Third Times A Charm

So Cian challenged me to find something even more suited kitchen-wise for a tiny house (in other words, he hated the Jenn-Air grill bbq in the kitchen)

And Eureka. I found the perfect little Tiny House kitchen at last!

Third.thumb.png.4e4e5c532deb7f54e9d9bf6ea107d2d7.png

Nope #2
290706195_nope1.png.a68c22db65af8e1b8d49945ad50f894b.png
Rejected #1
1838816467_Nope2.png.7588203c3bbf4ae18296bf7f44143a74.png

I'm done. Threw the building tools out with the bath water...  🤪

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 12
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Third Times A Charm

So Cian challenged me to find something even more suited kitchen-wise for a tiny house (in other words, he hated the Jenn-Air grill bbq in the kitchen)

And Eureka. I found the perfect little Tiny House kitchen at last!

 

Nope #2
290706195_nope1.png.a68c22db65af8e1b8d49945ad50f894b.png
Rejected #1


I'm done. Threw the building tools out with the bath water...  🤪

Aww, what's this? I love it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Aww, what's this? I love it.

That's the [Con.] Sylvia Outdoor Kitchen.  I stripped it down to only the kitchen basics, removing all the lights, vines, gazebo and roof awning, dropping it down from 19 LI to only 6 LI.
Its not found in the store, only on MP. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Con-Sylvia-Outdoor-Kitchen-PG/17179707

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

That's the [Con.] Sylvia Outdoor Kitchen.  I stripped it down to only the kitchen basics, removing all the lights, vines, gazebo and roof awning, dropping it down from 19 LI to only 6 LI.
Its not found in the store, only on MP. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Con-Sylvia-Outdoor-Kitchen-PG/17179707

That was good to hear, it says No Modify. The sofa is great value too (4 LI), so I am purchasing this. It is low enough LI to give me an outdoor kitchen, when I replace the gazebo with a low LI gazebo.

Edit: And finished with my outdoor kitchen. I

 

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning, or afternoon, or evening as the case may be!

I've created a Flickr group for the camper/trailers! Please continue to post your fab photos here but if you're on Flickr it would be fantastic if you'd share them in the group also as many SL member don't frequent the forums (nice alliteration in this sentence, yes?)

https://www.flickr.com/groups/bellisseriawildernessliving/

There's no posting limit for the group itself (I HATE groups that do that) but only 2 a day so that I don't get overwhelmed pushing things through as I'm currently the only admin.

Group is not only for showing your interior decor and landscaping but also for explorations in the region. As long as it's PG rated you're good to go! 

 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
spelling. it's morning by me
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RacyAcey said:

I love how you made the inside look more like a real trailer would look, instead of how you would furnish a regular house....super cute! 

I found it difficult to get caravan type furniture. Wish I had persevered with Blender and could make my own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

I found it difficult to get caravan type furniture. Wish I had persevered with Blender and could make my own.

there's a old school retro challenge. Who can fit out a trailer using only prims - no mesh no sculpts

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

there's a old school retro challenge. Who can fit out a trailer using only prims - no mesh no sculpts

I remember the days of torturing prims lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

I remember the days of torturing prims lol

it could be called the Totes Prims Trailer Interior Challenge.   Criteria is only the inside of the trailer. Exterior/garden not included in the challenge 🐱

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

it could be called the Totes Prims Trailer Interior Challenge.   Criteria is only the inside of the trailer. Exterior/garden not included in the challenge 🐱

Is there somewhere you can see what people have been doing with this?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

A note to the Moles so paging @Abnor Mole    The Chesapeake model camper rezzes as locked while apparently (I didn't try) others are open?   I had someone IM me asking how to get it unlocked and I helped her out fine but if that is an easy fix for the mailboxes might be good to have it open. Not everyone understands already about the menus and  access etc.   :D

 

I'm sorry, but this doesn't give me much information to go on.   What help did you give the owner and how did that fix it?

If, as I suspect may be the case, the door worked OK for the owner of the parcel but not for anyone the owner had added to the access list, then that's something I fixed yesterday (Saturday 21 September) and can be remedied simply by rezzing a new trailer (either the same model or a different one -- doesn't matter) and then adding the names of people you want to be able to use the control panel.

Then set the control panel to respond to anyone on the list, and things should work as expected.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

Is there somewhere you can see what people have been doing with this?

 

i just made it up now. Going off what you mentioned, as is quite a few people who can still torture prims

i think could be quite fun to do. Is Trailer Life so not everybody living in a trailer is a modern metro person day tripping on the down low with all the new shiny 😺

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I'm sorry, but this doesn't give me much information to go on.   What help did you give the owner and how did that fix it?

If, as I suspect may be the case, the door worked OK for the owner of the parcel but not for anyone the owner had added to the access list, then that's something I fixed yesterday (Saturday 21 September) and can be remedied simply by rezzing a new trailer (either the same model or a different one -- doesn't matter) and then adding the names of people you want to be able to use the control panel.

Then set the control panel to respond to anyone on the list, and things should work as expected.

I think @Chic Aeon means that it didn't worked OK for owner, since I also had that. I landed, tried to open the door of MY camper, got a doors are locked message in chat. Rezzed another, same story. Then I rezzed another model, same. Because I was in a hurry I just set the camper control panel on acces to all, then the door opened, so I didnt tried lists and all that yet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iBrat said:

I think @Chic Aeon means that it didn't worked OK for owner, since I also had that. I landed, tried to open the door of MY camper, got a doors are locked message in chat. Rezzed another, same story. Then I rezzed another model, same. Because I was in a hurry I just set the camper control panel on acces to all, then the door opened, so I didnt tried lists and all that yet.

Yes that is what I meant.  Chic didn't go over to the parcel for a long while. Lani (owner) was rezzing trailer and made the inside wall mock up.   The trailer doors were locked for her until she unlocked them.  @Quartz Mole   All I did to "help" the person that contacted me (have no idea who that was now) was tell her she needed to set access to everyone.  That fixed it for her and she could enter her trailer.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iBrat said:

I think @Chic Aeon means that it didn't worked OK for owner, since I also had that. I landed, tried to open the door of MY camper, got a doors are locked message in chat. Rezzed another, same story. Then I rezzed another model, same. Because I was in a hurry I just set the camper control panel on acces to all, then the door opened, so I didnt tried lists and all that yet.

Possibly so, but I need some specifics before I can do anything.   Are you saying that you, as the owner of the parcel, can use the doors on all the other 7 trailers but not the Chesapeake?  Or are you saying you can't open any doors at all?

I would like to take a look at the trailer, on your parcel, with you there, so I can see exactly what's happening.   Can you please message me (either here or in-world) when you get a chance and we can set something up?   It shouldn't take me long to gain the information I need, but I need you there.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I'm sorry, but this doesn't give me much information to go on.   What help did you give the owner and how did that fix it?

If, as I suspect may be the case, the door worked OK for the owner of the parcel but not for anyone the owner had added to the access list, then that's something I fixed yesterday (Saturday 21 September) and can be remedied simply by rezzing a new trailer (either the same model or a different one -- doesn't matter) and then adding the names of people you want to be able to use the control panel.

Then set the control panel to respond to anyone on the list, and things should work as expected.

 See my other comment that tagged ya :D.   It may be fixed now but that wasn't the case on Tuesday and Friday morning.  The OWNER of the Chesapeake model (apparently the only one with this issue) couldn't enter.   Maybe the fix above ALSO fixed the OWNER can't get into to the Chesapeake model without unlocking for herself issue.  Someone that hasn't started decorating could likely test that out.   Hopefully no longer an issue.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

All I did to "help" the person that contacted me (have no idea who that was now) was tell her she needed to set access to everyone.  That fixed it for her and she could enter her trailer.  

Thanks.  That's a workaround, rather than a fix, I think, so if whoever you helped is reading this, I'd be very grateful if they could get in touch with me so I can see what's happening.   Perhaps you can find the conversation in your chat log, and remind yourself of their name that way?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quartz Mole said:

Possibly so, but I need some specifics before I can do anything.   Are you saying that you, as the owner of the parcel, can use the doors on all the other 7 trailers but not the Chesapeake?  Or are you saying you can't open any doors at all?

I would like to take a look at the trailer, on your parcel, with you there, so I can see exactly what's happening.   Can you please message me (either here or in-world) when you get a chance and we can set something up?   It shouldn't take me long to gain the information I need, but I need you there.

The gal that contacted me for help (my Chesapeake was obviously working and hers was not) said that the Chesapeake was the ONLY model that was locked to her.  "I as Lani the owner" was unable to enter MY Chesapeake when first rezzed on Tuesday.  I knew immediately what the problem likely was and changed the access to everyone and went on with things. So not a big issue for me.  SHE didn't know about the "access" options. Once she fixed that (as owner) she could enter the Chesapeake. I have no idea who she was and I don't keep any chat logs so can't find out although someone official I understand COULD find out if it is important :D.   But that's the story. See you have written again but hope it is more clear now.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Thanks.  That's a workaround, rather than a fix, I think, so if whoever you helped is reading this, I'd be very grateful if they could get in touch with me so I can see what's happening.   Perhaps you can find the conversation in your chat log, and remind yourself of their name that way?

No chat logs. I think she was in the same sim (Wolfington) but that isn't much to go on.   Sorry.  I will cam around the sim and see if I see a new Chesapeake rezzed and send a note to see if it was her.  I suspect that it wasn't just us that had the issue, but it may be  fixed now. Hopefully so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the Chesapeake rezzes with doors locked.  Not a problem for me as I can easily cam inside a home and access controls on the wall, but could be a problem for a new resident.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this happen as well, I'm not sure what model, owner not able to enter newly rezzed trailer.  I set access to all, and was able to enter. 

But while we're chasing bugs, I now have an Access List oddity with the Williamsburg, @Quartz Mole.  When I hit "Access", the screen does not offer me the "List" buttons until I add a name to the list.  Then the "List" and "View List" buttons show up!  I've never had that happen on the Traditionals and Houseboats I've set up, 'List' and 'View List' were always present.

This led to some flailing when my partner showed up and the door was locked to him.  I thought that maybe I hadn't hit the final "List"  (OH AND WHY ISN'T THAT BUTTON LABELED 'SAVE'?), so I went to do so, and no 'List' button.   So I tried to add him, but it said he already had been added.  Eventually I tried adding a random alt, and then "List' etc. were shown.

This is the only camper I've set up, so I don't know if that's the case for all of them.

 

 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...