Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

These campers are fabulous love what everyone is doing with them....but it appears they are all gone already.  Beginning to get discouraged having paid for an annual membership back in early June and still cannot get any of the new Linden options for home, boathouse or trailer.. I'm worried my membership will be over before I ever see one :(  keep checking but still the same old houses.  Any word on more coming?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, FashionistaBabee said:

These campers are fabulous love what everyone is doing with them....but it appears they are all gone already.  Beginning to get discouraged having paid for an annual membership back in early June and still cannot get any of the new Linden options for home, boathouse or trailer.. I'm worried my membership will be over before I ever see one :(  keep checking but still the same old houses.  Any word on more coming?

They were available for eight hours when released and they are building more == presumably for a weekly release in the near future.  Lots of folks have been getting houses. I think (no number that I have found anywhere) that there were about 500 trailers in the big release.   You need to be on your toes. We knew these were coming for many months and there was lots of chatter here about them and pictures and a few blog posts (including mine).   It will likely be some time before anyone can just click on the web page and get the type of house they want. Pro-active is the key. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

They were available for eight hours when released and they are building more == presumably for a weekly release in the near future.  Lots of folks have been getting houses. I think (no number that I have found anywhere) that there were about 500 trailers in the big release.   You need to be on your toes. We knew these were coming for many months and there was lots of chatter here about them and pictures and a few blog posts (including mine).   It will likely be some time before anyone can just click on the web page and get the type of house they want. Pro-active is the key. 

Yes I agree, problem for me is time zone difference and RL work by the time I get in to check they are long gone.  Unfortunate really as the old home are really so out of date and cold compared to the new ones.  Kind of wish I'd waited on renewing the membership until the new homes were guaranteed :(  oh well.. nothing can be done but wait.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

They were available for eight hours when released

I even got one the following day after sleeping on a decision to drop my house for a camper.  It was likely one thrown back into the pool so @FashionistaBabee they can appear at random times too, not related to releases. 

• Like 4

On 9/20/2019 at 1:50 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is that this one, that was just labeled TinyHouse at the preview:

1824595662_PopularCamper.thumb.jpg.16bd15d00c551baa569d607fa46f3738.jpg

When I was out flying around yesterday or the day before, it seemed like that one was super popular in a lot of the regions I was in - and most of them were using this white/cream exterior, though that may have just been the default for that style and folks hadn't changed it yet.  I think I ever referred to it at the time as the Winchester of the Cabins.

Definitely the Winchester of the campers. It's big too, so it can make a neighbouring space feel more closed in. I really hope people get bored with it or at least come up with ways to vary it. The Moles have done a fantastic job of creating variety in their landscaping and here residents are going Same Same Same.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Definitely the Winchester of the campers. It's big too, so it can make a neighbouring space feel more closed in

Which is why I went for the Colorado (turned 180)  I have so much outdoor space to play with (still playing)  I love it

Camper_002.png.23285379bfb0f0dbe8ab766e409af1e1.png

My new hogs love it too

Hogs.gif.a1c13b9104940d56c9079ff95880f3a7.gif

• Like 17

30 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

I keep changing my camper type. I love them all  but some offer more challenges when furnishing.  I was driving around the camper areas last night and really the moles have outdone themselves. So beautiful everywhere.

Snapshot2_002.png

Snapshot2_004.png

Snapshot2_005.png

Snapshot2_008.png

I love how you made the inside look more like a real trailer would look, instead of how you would furnish a regular house....super cute! 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, ValeniaGoblintree said:

So i did see this. I knew about the campers but i mean't an announcement they were released. 

The latest post in that thread was the "they are released" announcement.  After a few of the pictures, he even said "Like all Linden Homes, these are first-come, first-served, so act fast to claim yours!"

• Like 4

A note to the Moles so paging @Abnor Mole    The Chesapeake model camper rezzes as locked while apparently (I didn't try) others are open?   I had someone IM me asking how to get it unlocked and I helped her out fine but if that is an easy fix for the mailboxes might be good to have it open. Not everyone understands already about the menus and  access etc.   :D

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think it would be cool if there were “detectable food”, and if you leave it out, critters such as bears come after it! Similar to a zombie thing, but more like RL.

I imagine it could work similar to how the Trash Collection RP stuff works now.  I think they have special trash trucks that detect where the special trash cans are that people have put out.  For this, someone wanting to use a bear or other critter avi could attach the RP HUD that detects the ""special food" that people have bought and put out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am having a hard time deciding which of my many creatures to rez out.  Some people are addicted to shoes and hair. For me its animals and landscaping items.

I do have a slight clothing addiction, but animals are definitely my downfall.  I have more live animated animals and static animal decorations than I could ever possibly rez at one time unless I owned my own region.  Thus, I too have extreme difficulty in figuring out which should get rezzed at each of my land locations.

ETA:  I had already bought the hedgehogs w/ spilled leaves.  Seeing your live critters above made me go back this morning and buy them also.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Spent the last 2 straight days and nights working on walls and cupboard inserts for the Shenandoah camper. Not fussed about the tiles but *ugh* at this point I just want it done. I've managed to fill the criteria though; bedroom, bathroom, kitchen/dining and storage space. Now comes the fun part... packaging. Almost done...

2131121092_camperwalls1.thumb.png.61b73b0870a5ea3e7436525cd60c95d2.png

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Spent the last 2 straight days and nights working on walls and cupboard inserts for the Shenandoah camper. Not fussed about the tiles but *ugh* at this point I just want it done. I've managed to fill the criteria though; bedroom, bathroom, kitchen/dining and storage space. Now comes the fun part... packaging. Almost done...

2131121092_camperwalls1.thumb.png.61b73b0870a5ea3e7436525cd60c95d2.png

looks awesome!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, heartzwhim said:

looks awesome!

Thanks! I'm sure the actual builders here could do better but I said I'd give it a shot and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. There's room for improvement but at this point I'm kind of over it now. Need a break before I go bald from the stress! 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Found this tiny kitchen while out shopping.  Looks like it might work in some of those tiny campers.  It isn't extremely modular - base w/ sink/oven/stove is one piece, fridge w/ cabinet above is another and then cabinet set above the counter is another.  Still might be ideal for some of the campers.  I looks good inworld, is copy & mod, and only 8 LI.  Very reasonable price also.  Here's the MP link, but the seller does also have a physical store.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/IDEA-Townhouse-Kitchen-LI8/13932985

image.thumb.png.206dedf9d579509bdc3b364f0f5a145c.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.