What is the better way to write this idea ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there any better way to write the following idea or anything else we can include? Its for a banner to place in a hangout sim.

Keep in mind that behind every Avatar, there is a real human being with real feeling and a heart.

Personally, I'd shorten it:

• "Behind every avatar there's a real person with real feelings"

I'm not sure it will have all the hoped-for effect, no matter how it's stated. It may serve to remind a few folks of the "stakes" of how they interact, and suggest something about the region owner's expectations of them, so that's good.

The limitation is that sometimes the person behind an avatar may be very far behind their avatar, well aware that avatar anonymity shields them from responsibility for anything they do. Mix that, a role-play setting, maybe some RL disappointments, and often some self-medication, and the result can be trouble.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

"we should be careful

Of each other, we should be kind
While there is still time."

(With apologies to Philip Larkin)

ETA: And yes, this is from a poem about running over a hedgehog with a lawnmower. Your point?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, MeshPromo said:

Is there any better way to write the following idea or anything else we can include? Its for a banner to place in a hangout sim.

A wicked person depends on there being a real human being with feelings and a heart behind each avatar, which is what makes wickedness so much fun for that wicked person.  The wicked people don't need reminding there are real people with hearts and souls behind avatars.  And the people with hearts and souls don't need reminding either, because they already try not to be wicked.   So it's a bit of a dilemma. 

Instead, "You have my permission to be kind and nothing else," is something my partner always says, which gives me a giggle but, at the same time,  gives me reassurance that she's watching and that she won't tolerate cruelty to people around her. 

5 hours ago, MeshPromo said:

Keep in mind that behind every Avatar, there is a real human being with real feeling and a heart.

The heart is a muscle that pumps blood through our bodies, that has nothing to do with feelings or emotions.

Personally I don't see why anyone would need such a sign, but were I to phrase it, it would probable be; "Remember: behind each avatar is a person." - if people are stupid enough not to realise this themselves, or indeed with such a sign to assist them, I'd boot them on the spot.

15 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I'd forgotten that was on MP. It's been around for a long time; I have one. I know @Bitsy Buccaneerhas one too because she mentioned it here in another thread a while back.

I saw that on one sim years ago, sadly the sim couldn't keep going on, it was a pretty and nice place. I didn't know it's on mp, but got lucky 'cause found it on first try for this thread. Otherwise i would've needed to go search my profile feed photos. I guess i may have it also, but haven't just placed it anywhere in a long time.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.