The new Normal or Worrying Trend?

Yaruu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its been an ongoing annual trend, without exception, since 2010. The grid peaked at just over 80K way back then. Today, peak times struggle to reach 50K. With Summer starting, numbers will go down again. Numbers will likely inch upward in the winter, but not to last years numbers if the 9 year trend remains.

6 minutes ago, Yaruu said:

About an hour later.. less 1500.

i don't really get what you mean to say here ... 12AM = US sleeps (generally speaking) and EU is at work, Asia is at work, Afrika is at work ... its not a big surprise the online figures are lower during that time.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

i don't really get what you mean to say here ... 12AM = US sleeps (generally speaking) and EU is at work, Asia is at work, Afrika is at work ... its not a big surprise the online figures are lower during that time.

Yes, when it is 12 Noon, = US works, EU at dinner, Asia -Sleeps. No good time to measure it huh? Dont kid yourself thinking all is fine, it is just another off peak season/time.

11 minutes ago, Yaruu said:

Dont kid yourself thinking all is fine, it is just another off peak season/time.

ArcticGoodnaturedChameleon-small.gif

chewed this subject out year after year after year... SL is still around, and quite steady since some time.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yaruu said:

Slightly above 30k+ online in world at 11pm+ , is everyone being healthy and sleeping early or SL is losing out to RL? I remember it was almost 80K+ when i first joined SL. 😪

slt.png

30,606 online doesn't seem too shabby considering the alternative SL clones offered by other companies (Inworldz comes to mind).

A little over a month ago, SL suffered a major problem grid wide. I saved a screen grab for chuckles to remind me when SL can be "dead".

inworld.png

• Like 4

If I could be bothered to count up the avis I see in world in one of my sessions, even when sim hopping, it wouldn't exceed maybe fifty.

Unless I go to stores with sales, when it might be more. 

So numbers in world don't really bother me. Maybe we should all recruit one new resident a month.........

Easier said than done. I don't know anybody in RL who admits to being a resident. Neither do I.

• Like 1

SL has been on a slow (very slow) decline for many years.  That is no secret.  The charts show that the logins are pretty consistent, even if it is a slight downward trend.  Even so, SL still has a lot of years left in it.

• Like 5

Summer is my guess. People are outside doing things instead of in front of a computer.

Or if you’re a Floridian like me, summer is when you stay inside in front of the AC when not at the beach or pool, and winter is when you do all the outside things. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yaruu said:

i wonder how many of those 30k is really real people. anyone know how many sims in SL? if we divide them according to G M and Adult, it is just 10k each category. 🙄

Half way through the year and this week we see a net increase of 4 regions . Private Estates were down by 18 and Linden Owned up by 22, though 15 of these are down to book-keeping (15 SSPE regions previously misidentified as Private Estates)

Total number of Main Grid regions is now 24156 ( 16100 private estates & 8056 Linden owned)
39 new regions were added and 7 returned to the grid, with 42 regions removed (14 were renamed and 0 came and went since last report)

Adult rated regions were up by 11 to 6166 (25.5% of the grid) while General Rated were down by 3 to 2907 (12.0%)
YTD Private Estates net loss stands at 20 regions (0.1% decline) in the 6 months since 30th December 2018

Breakdown of current regions by Ownership and Classification:

• Estate - Adult: 5682
  • Estate - General: 1182
  • Estate - Moderate: 9225
  • Estate - Offline: 11
  • Linden - Adult: 484
  • Linden - General: 1725
  • Linden - Moderate: 5847

https://www.virtualverse.one/forums/threads/new-sl-regions-in-the-past-week.189/page-3#post-49356

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I hadn't realized the percentage of Adult regions was up to 25%. That's a pretty hefty increase from a half dozen years ago or so.

Interesting. Although, one thing I've also noticed is that the "Adult" classification is no longer being adopted just for sex-focused sims; I've seen a fair number of private Adult regions that include areas for sex, but where the larger focus is just on looking pretty or interesting. So maybe that accounts for some of that increase.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Because clearly I can't write coherently until the SECOND cup of coffee.
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.