When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

i'm up to about 35 attempts at trying to get the kind of houseboat i'm after (and i'm not that fussy, any in about 6 regions will do me). I have either got one I've already previously abandoned (about 50% of the time), or I end up nowhere near where I want to be. At the time of typing, the few locations that were high on my wishlist have now all been taken, probably when I slept :(

I don't know how people actually enjoy this game of homes thing, it's damn frustrating honestly.

And suddenly, after many failed tries, you will take a teleport, that will send you right to the amazing spot you have been looking for......

And then, the Game of Homes will come to an end :)  Good luck and don't give up, this is how I got a Houseboat in Sirens Rock

Edited by Loretta String
spelling....
  • Like 5

Happy Linden Home 2me. I was lazing about like an insomniac lazeabout in bed and refreshed the page on my iPad in idle curiosity and bingo - Bellisseria Victorian. 🏠 Nearly 1 am so I’ll go see it tomorrow, lol. 

edit: my Game of Homes was 2 Victorian misses, 5 other houses yesterday as sightseeing, then luck on first try today was what it took me to get it so that’s not bad in the timing department to me. Depending on location, I might roll again but I see the new regions getting prepped so I might just settle in at this one and watch those and explore a bit. It might be faster to set the auto refresh on a desktop but I’m pretty fast clicker in iPad...plus holiday might be making people more absent/slow. Who knows?

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Addendum
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Loretta String said:

I couldn't agree more with you, Pyri looks much nicer with that windlight :)

Rather awkward but my alt just nabbed a HB in Fishtown... 😮

There's several of them left too...

If I set draw distance above 100, I see Pyri until I BOTh lower it and log out and back in again. If I have it at my usual 32 and haven't gone high during that login I don't see it.

The design of Fishtown looks like am amazing region - it's just too close to a lot of bad mainland to the north, east, and south...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just C&A a Traditional in Deep Thought (the clone south of Belli with the black mountain) and a Houseboat in Moonchild also in the south  ... Sqishy Pickle clone. They are obviously now giving out these little clone islands around the continent that border mainland. Seems like the last drains of the big bowl. No Victorians on the landpage but still three types to choose from. Wonder if that will last till in the new year new releases are announced.

It might, for the last are homes of the type "often abandoned". And I am convinced who did not have a Linden- home up till now and realy wanted one by this time HAS one and KEEPS it ... who claims now ist 90% a house hopper! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
got muddeled with the positions - corrected mistakes.
  • Like 3

Just now 2:00 am SLT .... Victorians (and rhe others .... all four types!) are showing on the land page!

I selected Traditionals and got a sany lot in Twilling...

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Twilling/188/80/0

My favourite home is sandy but that is at the seashore. This is in the THIRD row, two roads and lots of houses between me and the sea ... flat region with lots of sand ... abandoned.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

On 12/25/2019 at 7:18 AM, Marianne Little said:

One of the things that made me wonder why they placed the new islands and subcontinents so close to that eyesore mountain. Mainland heritage okay, I get it, but not in front of a place I would want to live.

The last thing that disappear in sight is the default terraformed SL land. To get rid of this mountain, one have to lower draw distance much more than for buildings and privacy landscape elements.

I was curious about that mountain too, so I popped over for a quick look the other day.   Thanks to those who posted about it's interesting history.  I love that the continent will be connected with mainland to explore and in this case, also to historic Mole work that is still around.  Like Luna (early Shopping mall had everyone excited), Shermerville (streets, 512 lots divided by strips of public land)  , and Bay City (streets - canals - parks - draw bridges & double prim land!) , we get a glimpse of past Mole projects and how success from those builds reflect in Bellisseria.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Just got one in

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hardtack/50/64/28

Same island like my good seview one in Conger Reef yesterday not quite as nice location so I abandon.

Lots of green dots there - nice island - seems newly released - good time for ppl seeking a treaditional.

Had one of the two homes between the houseboats on the north side, but the Houseboats were too close, so i abandoned !

Nice island though :)

Really a nice island!! Just making a bycikletour from the house I just abandoned to the other one I kept yesterday. Nice natural lively landscape, water around but also in the middle, bridges, rocks and even some campers, a mixed community with lots of lovely views! If it's such a nice island I do not even mind if they cloned it - and this one does NOT have an ungly black montain in the background like the other one.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

Had one of the two homes between the houseboats on the north side, but the Houseboats were too close, so i abandoned !

Nice island though :)

Do you mean in Trafalgar? But these houses look lovely! I would have kept it.Great view of the lighthouse too!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Trafalgar/14/178/30

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Do you mean in Porpoise? But these houses look lovely on the map! I would have kept it.Great view of the lighthouse too!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Trafalgar/14/178/30

I got the house to the left, which is part of Hardtack, while the other one belongs to Trafalgar. I abandoned this ( european) morning.

• Like 1

Well, I am done hopping around for the time being. All my alts and myself have nice parcels which I am more than pleased with. I even managed to p/u 2 traditional homes on nice sandy lots; seems a lot of people may have either abandoned with hopes of a Victorian or I got lucky with new releases I wasn't paying attention to. 

Just going to play around decorating them all for now and try to come up with different looks for each of them. Now if I can only find the time to do so :P

Happy continued hunting everyone. Shall see you all again when a new house style comes out, I am sure!

• Like 4

seen one Victorian this afternoon .. and of course : you reached the limit... wait  24h" ....nooo this was the first!! ...
(for the ones wondering.. my alt has this adventure  :) ... i kept the victorian as shown earlier)
further a totally build in boat, a traditional stiff next to a mountain... you'll never be able to change that dull just texture thing... next.. a region with everything red txts and totally red marked ....no tnx..  .. fourth that cramped boad again, and kept as last a trad.. it's ok.. but doesn't let my heart beat faster.. but really not bad, two roads, LL hedges at two sides and water just 50 meters
but ehm no... tomorrow new tries ( this one will be abandoned in the afternoon tomorrow gmt+1)

309cb10a4f4958f4a54b8b21590a756b.jpg

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

Just checked out and released a Vic in New Farthing then one in Barstough, pretty areas, one had some amazing roses in front and one had a baby willow tree and was a short stroll down the block to a beautiful river area.  Still looking to get a water view Victorian on my main (me!), I have patience, my alt has a wonderful lakeside spot, and the New Year is coming :) 

p.s. I keep finding new things to love about this new home design, like the way you can shut all the blinds in one room with a single click. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Rather awkward but my alt just nabbed a HB in Fishtown... 😮

The design of Fishtown looks like am amazing region - it's just too close to a lot of bad mainland to the north, east, and south...

So I wanted to find out EXACTLY what camera distance I needed to have Pyri photobomb me:

No Pyri:

DiatnceNotRendered_004.thumb.jpg.ee6ec4cd672abf14a94b1dfec40ec111.jpg

OMG WTF IS THAT Pyri :P😮 :

DiatnceNotRendered_005.thumb.jpg.76a881e35324e4ba18f0afae7c191427.jpg

So as you can see... I had to go up to 272 to get that Pyri region to pop while on this remote corner...

So what if I was on the other side on that NW Trad? Somebody owns that now so I stood outside of it:

Draw distance only 32, fresh login:

DiatnceNotRendered_006.thumb.jpg.925bd86754e5fffeb63b345b12a5bfa2.jpg

Makes sense because the corner of my region is <32m away... Distance from SE corner is more than 256m:

d=((x2x1)2+(y2y1)2)^1/2So 'quality' of different parcels on the regions near Pyri and mainland is going to vary a lot, plot by plot - moreso than anywhere else in the new linden homes.

This sets up a dilemma for me... This is a much nicer region than the one my main is on in Lollipop... but if I keep this my home with be owned by an alt... and I will be obsessed with dialing my camera up and down and looking at Pyri like the rubbernecking fool that slowed me down last night passing an accident on the freeway back from Napa... Homie slowed himself down so much that I was sitting there watching him glance all around at all the emergency vehicles as he seemed to be memorizing the paint scratches on each one of them... As me and about 3721 cars behind me were all stuck behind him waiting for him to move... That will be me in Fishtown...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Hello everybody, I'm new in this thing of the Linden homes.

Does anybody know why now there is no available Victorian homes?, I've looked several times during this afternoon and nothing.  

There is no more?

They are sold out now. They were available freely and easily for about 6 days starting on the 16th before they ran out. I'm sure they will create more early in the coming year.

For now, the best you can do is watch/refresh the land page. Sometimes you'll see an abandoned victorian come up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

They are sold out now. They were available freely and easily for about 6 days starting on the 16th before they ran out. I'm sure they will create more early in the coming year.

For now, the best you can do is watch/refresh the land page. Sometimes you'll see an abandoned victorian come up.

Thank you, I'll wait for new releases I guess, it's better than get an abandoned home anywhere

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Thank you, I'll wait for new releases I guess, it's better than get an abandoned home anywhere

There is nothing wrong with abandoned homes. I gave up an awesome Victorian one earlier today, only because I had another Victorian I liked a little bit more. But trust me, the one I abandoned was very, very nice. I just did not need TWO Victorians.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Some very solid homes get abandoned for a variety of reasons. I've seen multiple posts recently in this thread of people abandoning what for me would have been the perfect spot... like Cobbs Marina...

Preferences vary.

I still can't get over someone NOT wanting one of the lower corner 5 in Cobbs Marina... I'd rank those at 5 of the 10 best land parcels in all of SL mainland... subject to whatever might someday fill the blank square south of them... Linden Lab would have to ban my account to get me off of one of those... 😮

Victorians show up on the page multiple times a day and someone moves out of them, pulls back from an alt, or whatever.

I'm not personally a fan of the Victorians - were mine not located where it is, I would have tossed it back. While many like them, don't assume everyone prefers them. I suspect a LOT of people will swap off of them once they 'shiny new thing' goes away and they take a more nuanced look at all 4 choices and decide another choice is best for them.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

I'm sitting in a Victorian right now, cause I want to decorate it.  But I really love the woodsy camper sites, so I'll eventually abandon the Vic. And its really nice, rivers on 2 sides, nice landscaping.

There's a LOT of value in trying to catch one of each home type before settling, to get their house kits... sometimes you want to use something from this kit, and that house type... other times you have an idea for a product to sell... but you lack the kit with the texture for it...

- So yeah... I think a lot of people are going to sit on a style temporarily for many different reasons.

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

There's a LOT of value in trying to catch one of each home type before settling, to get their house kits... sometimes you want to use something from this kit, and that house type... other times you have an idea for a product to sell... but you lack the kit with the texture for it...

- So yeah... I think a lot of people are going to sit on a style temporarily for many different reasons.

Excellent point. The flowers in the Vic content kit are amazing!  I still have lots to explore here 😛

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.