When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's fair. Each alt is a paid Premium account, and is therefore entitled to a Linden home. 

Aside from that, Victorians are obviously available since people *are* getting them. They just aren't as readily available as you might like. Patience, and you will get one, too.

ETA: If I recall correctly, you said previously you did not want an abandoned home. If that was you, I'd point out that this is obviously going to hamper you in your quest. 

Of course, like everyone I want a home that I like,  and while I keep trying with my premium account, there are people who have several alts, and my chances are ridiculous.   For that reason I ask myself the question of the previous message, what is the limit of the "home collectors"?

Edited by Lucille Babenco
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

my chances are ridiculous.

this is simply not true, and somebody with alts has the same chance to get a home as you do.
I'm having a alt that's hunting houses for about 2 weeks now, without the stupid time wasting click gaming ...  . The only type of homes that is rare is the Victorian, all 3 others are available since the last announced release ( thats still on the go btw)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Of course, like everyone I want a home that I like,  and while I keep trying with my premium account, there are people who have several alts, and my chances are ridiculous.   For that reason I ask myself the question of the previous message, what is the limit of the "home collectors"?

Well, then you choose to limit yourself, and that's your right, but don't then complain because the Victorian of your dreams has not yet dropped into your lap. You need to work at it a little bit just like every one else does, and maybe open your mind to the possibility that, as several people have now said, abandons are lovely, too.

Alts are not harming your chances in any way at all, *particularly* since many people hunt with alts and promptly abandon.... oh, wait. You don't want "abandoned". ;) 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Marianne, it's always fair for Linden, as long as those premium alts keep their account up to date in payment.  And very profitable if the same people don't stop upgrading accounts to get more homes, Linden always win in this.   I'm not proposing any limitations, I just comment and I wonder where are the limit of the "home collectors".  I think someone had to talk about this, it's all.

What  I meant, is that abandons aren't second best.

This example under isn't the first. I have heard others say (in group chat) that they install auto-refresh and get a house.  It can be smart to join Bellisseria Citizens group inworld. It is open for all.

Those who catch and abandon, use 1 alt to hop around. They release the house again, unless it is something they really want. Then they keep it, and release another of the houses they have. It is more a rotation of homes.

Well, some have more than 1 alt. But that's the same, it is a hunt for something new and different from what they have. No one can pay almost 100 USD again and again, so they can keep every house. Catch - release. Catch another. Release again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Lucille, where were you from December 16-21? Victorians never left the website that entire week, always available. If you weren’t there during the launch, you’ll have to just be patient.  Every single Victorian, unless LL creates some new ones, will be someone’s abandon home.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to chime in on abandons here.. the best two homes I've gotten were both abandoned. I kept one for several months before hopping for a Vic, caught an abandon on 2nd try, and plan to keep that for a while. In both cases I thought wow, who would let this go??? 

Marianne is correct that most people aren't going to pay $$$ to keep an alt army running. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Lucille Babenco said:

I know that this post is going to be quite unpopular and  may offend anyone of those who post messages in this thread, but it seems a bit unfair that while there are people collecting homes with many alts,  others can't get simply one, I mean to Victorians specifically.  And I'm sorry, that's my point of view about this.

There has never been any guarantee of a specific home theme.  This is no different from the old Linden Homes where there have been many times where a particular house type was out of stock.  

All accounts that own homes are paying LL for that right.  

Besides, even with the people that have homes on various accounts, not very many actually have more than one of a specific type of home.  You gain nothing if everyone gave up their alts' Traditional houses, Houseboats, and Campers, keeping only their Victorian home.

• Like 3

Best I can tell, if someone does not want an abandoned Victorian, they may NEVER get one.  There are currently no more Victorian regions that have not been released -- as far as we can see on the map anyway.  We have nothing so far that gives us any indication that LL is creating any more Victorian regions. Therefore, since every Victorian home has already been claimed, the only way to get one is to get an abandoned one.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

Just to chime in on abandons here.. the best two homes I've gotten were both abandoned. I kept one for several months before hopping for a Vic, caught an abandon on 2nd try, and plan to keep that for a while. In both cases I thought wow, who would let this go??? 

Marianne is correct that most people aren't going to pay $$$ to keep an alt army running. 

Yes, it is not like the homes are sucked into a black hole and never come out again. 😂 I am out of the catch and release game now, because I need to decorate what I have before I get restless again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, it is not like the homes are sucked into a black hole and never come out again. 😂 I am out of the catch and release game now, because I need to decorate what I have before I get restless again.

You live next to me... come do mine when you get restless! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Simply not true.  You get the same 5 chances a day that every paid premium does  (except Alwin who is stuck with an error message 👼)  

Sorry to disagree with you but you're not right. and it's simple:

One premium account = five house requests every 24 hours

X premium accounts = X * five house requests every 24 hours.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lucille Babenco said:

Sorry to disagree with you but you're not right. and it's simple:

One premium account = five house requests every 24 hours

X premium accounts = X * five house requests every 24 hours.

How many premium alts do you actually think people are paying for?  As said before, its  not an army.  I doubt there are many who can afford to pay for more than 2.  Still if they are paying for them and have the right to 5 attempts too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Well, then you choose to limit yourself, and that's your right, but don't then complain because the Victorian of your dreams has not yet dropped into your lap. You need to work at it a little bit just like every one else does, and maybe open your mind to the possibility that, as several people have now said, abandons are lovely, too.

Alts are not harming your chances in any way at all, *particularly* since many people hunt with alts and promptly abandon.... oh, wait. You don't want "abandoned". ;) 

Of course I set a limit, I don't need to collect homes with a few premium alts, I've subscribed the anual for other reasons and just trying to get a home in a place where I would like it. Most of the abandoned houses are not in attractive places. I think it is easy to understand without twisting the argument of my message.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

How many premium alts do you actually think people are paying for?  As said before, its  not an army.  I doubt there are many who can afford to pay for more than 2.  Still if they are paying for them and have the right to 5 attempts too

Obviosly I can't answer that question,  and nobody was going to answer that, because it's a private matter.  But without mentioning anyone's name, just read several pages of this thread and see how people talk about "getting houses with their alts". 

15 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Of course I set a limit, I don't need to collect homes with a few premium alts, I've subscribed the anual for other reasons and just trying to get a home in a place where I would like it. Most of the abandoned houses are not in attractive places. I think it is easy to understand without twisting the argument of my message.

Except that you are wrong with your generalization about abandoned houses. To prove a point, I just (not five minutes ago) got a lovely ocean-side ABANDONED home. That prejudice of yours is what I am referring to when I say you are limiting yourself... but if you want to stick to that, go for it. It just leaves more homes for the rest of us. ;) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Just curious if this is the first time that you have tried to get one of the new Linden homes.  There were plentiful Victorians available all the time for the first 5 days that they were released earlier this month.  Also, that same release also included traditionals and house boats and was the first time that I can remember that all types of the new homes were available pretty much every day. 

Right now, there are available traditionals, house boats and campers - that was not something that was seen prior to the major December release.  New Linden homes have never been as available as they are right now. 

The best locations that I've personally come across have been locations someone else had abandoned.  In earlier releases (prior to this month) I always kept the first location I got because there was so much demand that they did not stay readily available for a week or two like they did this month.  This time, I did abandon and then retry on this single account for maybe 6 or 7 times, and al most of the retries were better locations that the first Victorian I had received.  I ended up back at with Traditionals because I decided I like them better than the Victorians, and ended up with a wonderful parcel there after a couple of retries.

The conversation over alts being used to get new Linden homes, as well as who should have first choice on the new Linden homes (new accounts, old accounts, those with old Linden homes, those without old Linden homes, etc., etc. ) were common in the forums here all the time when the first homes were released and almost immediately sold out last Spring. 

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.