When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I don't see why they couldn't. If people were to use addons it's going to use up prim and then it's harder to decorate.. I wish they would so we wouldn't have to gamble even further. :(

Here is the response I gave to your question about this in the other thread:

The biggest reason is that the Victorians take up more land space, so it is highly unlikely that you could rez one on your land on not end up with a nearby tree poking into your house.  That is why LL uses those monopoly looking pieces when they are landscaping -- those pieces encompass the complete size of all houses for a specific theme that could be rezzed on a plot.

Additionally, per Patch, the Victorian homes are truly a different theme than the Traditionals and would look out of place mixed in with the Traditionals.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I personally don't see how it would. They still have campers and houseboats.... (to me) It'd make since to just put all the houses under one category to make it fair since we are paying for them... 

It's all a question of aesthetics too. The themes are set into neighbourhoods,  it's much better for all the buildings in particular areas to be linked in style. If any building can go anywhere, you start to get an anarchic look, similar to the mainland, which is contrary to the appeal of Bellisseria.

From what you've said, I would gather that you've chosen to have a traditional home. If you want a Victorian, a move would have been easy to do in the last week.

Your argument about about making things fair since we are paying for them could also apply to location. Someone has a water view from their house. Another has two sides of their property bordered by water... should everyone have water surrounding their parcel which would contain ALL the themes available in their rezzer because we're all paying for them? I'd certainly not want to live in a continent that had that. They are out there, many private estates provide that sort of land set up for their tenants, and for those that like that sort of thing, they're very welcome to it.

The fact that you CAN choose any of the buildings within the theme of the parcel YOU chose, is a great improvement on the old Linden Home areas. Celebrate that.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

The fact that you CAN choose any of the buildings within the theme of the parcel YOU chose, is a great improvement on the old Linden Home areas. Celebrate that.

This is a biggie.  In the old Linden Homes, if you wanted a different style of home within a given theme, you had to abandon and then go pick the new style - and hope that you then liked the new location also.  Being able to stay in one spot and just rez any of the styles within a particular theme is a much, much appreciated improvement over the old way.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is a biggie.  In the old Linden Homes, if you wanted a different style of home within a given theme, you had to abandon and then go pick the new style - and hope that you then liked the new location also.  Being able to stay in one spot and just rez any of the styles within a particular theme is a much, much appreciated improvement over the old way.

When I've had a traditional, I've avoided the Winchester; because it seemed huge. The Vics seem massive (except for the Doyle). I got a traditional in Worth a little while ago. The Winchester seems cosy in comparison.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This is what autoreturn is good for. First thing I set anytime I get land - auto-return of 1. Instant zaps anything left.

If something is there but seems to fail to get zapped, because it's root prim is outside the plot - right click it and pick return...

My alt just caught a traditional that had red lettering on it, in Forrest Field.

Autoreturn did not handle it.

But looking in about land I noticed Abnor Mole was using up 67 of my land impact. So I just selected the entry with his name on it and hit return manually. Red lettering and everything else zapped away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mauritsss said:

Anybody saw an abandoned victorian last few hours? 😛

You can hunt for Victorians the same way we used to hunt for ANY home the last months ... use an autorefresh program and just set the searchword to "Victorian" instead of "Bellisseria". Here is some advice if you do not know how.

PS: Sorry hadn't read the rest of the thread. See your problem is solved meanwhile. But there might be others looking for a Victorian. Still not on the landpage- but all other three themes are- so after realizing the boat I have is much nicer than the ones offered to me yesterday, now I start my C&A game with traditionals! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

I logged in for a last go this morning and immediately landed the riverside front view of lake traditional I had looked for for months! More alts = more dilemma! 

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all well for the holidays - in RL I lost my husband to suicide at New Year time four years ago and since then SL has been a big help in dealing with the loneliness - this community even when we are all arguing 😂 has been of value to me. 

So happy christmas fellow "players" :) have a wonderful time!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 6

They are obviously just releasing Westlake! My alt got a parcel there without a house and with a green barrier around it. But she could build a house and just return the barrier! She will give it up though in 56 Minutes since I do not like the region ... If you do: here is your chance! ;)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Westlake/168/221/29

image.thumb.jpeg.abca670573fce17cd47fd64f925da7c4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f540659ff535c3b26c4a505be6275d04.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.650de17259d02ebfa1c371f62e2cbf3a.jpeg

PS: just now 3:15 am SLT ... other alt same region other parcel same thingy ... this time I built them a continental! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I logged in for a last go this morning and immediately landed the riverside front view of lake traditional I had looked for for months! More alts = more dilemma! 

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all well for the holidays - in RL I lost my husband to suicide at New Year time four years ago and since then SL has been a big help in dealing with the loneliness - this community even when we are all arguing 😂 has been of value to me. 

Merry Christmas, Chloe. Thank you for sharing with us.  Secondlife can be a wonderful support and way to connect with people.  I hope you have a peaceful break.❤️

Edited by Sakura Sands
I was being a forum noob and didn’t know how to use the quote function properly xD
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

How tragic! So sad to hear that! One nearly dares not to wish you "Merry Christmas and a happy new year" then ... Still I wanted to thank you for your good wishes and to wish all the best to you! Have a good Christmas (with the children? I think you mentioned having children?) If they are young they will make Christmas merry for you nevertheless. :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chloe Dolores said:

This is so sad.. :( I'm sorry to hear this. 
Nevertheless I'm wishing you some peaceful days at least. My thoughts are with you during this tough time of yours. Sending hugs from afar. 💜🕯️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

So sorry to hear what you went through, I hope that SL is an escape for you ( as it is for me too) and makes your RL more beautiful.  I wish you many happy years to come in both SL and RL ! Merry Christmas..... the festive glitter always takes my RL problems away :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

They are obviously just releasing Westlake! My alt got a parcel there without a house and with a green barrier around it. But she could build a house and just return the barrier! She will give it up though in 56 Minutes since I do not like the region ... If you do: here is your chance! ;)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Westlake/168/221/29

image.thumb.jpeg.f540659ff535c3b26c4a505be6275d04.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.650de17259d02ebfa1c371f62e2cbf3a.jpeg

I just passed from there too.. rezzed a house... returned Mole's objects and abandoned.....  On the hunt for the perfect sea view.......

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

I just passed from there too.. rezzed a house... returned Mole's objects and abandoned.....  On the hunt for the perfect sea view.......

And me the second time (see above). Like Santa has his elfs we are the Moles little builder helpers! Last time I rezzed a Winchester, this time a continental, next time I'll leave an Alderley ... and colour it a bit! ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

My alt got a parcel there without a house  ...... she could build a house and just return the barrier!

my alt had the same:)  .. 4 or 6 parcels with no home on it at a region i'm not sure it was the same. ... would be fun for a new theme.. just the structures and roads... rezz your own home ( with some theme rules of course:)  )

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

my alt had the same:)  .. 4 or 6 parcels with no home on it at a region i'm not sure it was the same. ... would be fun for a new theme.. just the structures and roads... rezz your own home ( with some theme rules of course:)  )

I know what you mean - but that would be mailand light! ;)

In this case they just forgot to rezz the houses but the mailboxes are functionable - and they left their green borders- can be returned!

• Like 1

Jippie!! It has been worthwhile!! Just landed a keeper sourrounded by water

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Conger Reef/148/42/27

There are several green dots - might be a release?

image.thumb.jpeg.2077f7b51e68eb139cbc80a7a82ef0f0.jpeg

THAT catapulted right away to place two of all my property!! It is at least as nice (if not much nicer) than the best lots in Rocky Hights that I had been sooo keen to get and had missed out completely. Best Christmas present LL could have made me!! ... now the RL festivities can start!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you!! :)

PS: I still cannot believe it! THIS is the view from my balcony!

image.thumb.jpeg.e944f16c46e5d8dd1d6421a5e454c720.jpeg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Merry Xmas Chloe. I hope someone as nice as you, has a wonderful night. I can't imagine how hard it must be, but I'm sure you will have those who love you around. And someone special looking after you from the Sky

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Jippie!! It has been worthwhile!! Just landed a keeper sourrounded by water

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Conger Reef/148/42/27

There are several green dots - might be a release?

image.thumb.jpeg.2077f7b51e68eb139cbc80a7a82ef0f0.jpeg

THAT catapulted right away to place two of all my property!! It is at least as nice (if not much nicer) than the best lots in Rocky Hights that I had been sooo keen to get and had missed out completely. Best Christmas present LL could have made me!! ... now the RL festivities can start!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you!! :)

PS: I still cannot believe it! THIS is the view from my balcony!

image.thumb.jpeg.e944f16c46e5d8dd1d6421a5e454c720.jpeg

I snagged one in Conger Reef around 5:30pm slt iirc. My Game of Homes playing is officially done (for now)

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Lovely house @Leora Jacobus I think Westlake is the current release though? Just got four of those and some neighbours have red writing.

Westlake goes around for the last 5-6 hours, but most homes get abandoned at the first visit. I got it 4 or 5 times....

I've seen neighbours decorating without obviously knowing that they can return objects that don't belong to them.

Activating autoreturn is always my first move after getting a home :)

Edited by Loretta String
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.