When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now I saw Victorians as an option back on the LP (all four)  ... didn't go for it though.

Got a Traditional on Deep Thought ... a clone of the island I landed on yesterday but so close to mainland that you see it's Uglyness ... big black mountain! (like Loretta mentioned it) ... so I abandoned at once!

image.thumb.jpeg.3cd4720712431d06f95006391c8e21b7.jpeg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Loretta String said:

This is real terraformed mountain, which unfortunately can't be derendered.. Only way around would be to shorten my draw distance, but this is something i absolutely dislike :)

It's a huge ancient mole build. Over ten years old. Go visit it sometime. Kinda interesting. If I recall right some things are more interactive than they first appear.

Until a week ago that location was basically the middle of nowhere so many people had never seen it. Now it's right between the Linden Homes and some amazingly ugly parts of mainland that... Now that they too are also well connected... Will be eyesore for years that also have people trying to sell at Blake Sea like prices... somewhat fitting so ce the only mainland uglier than that coast is Blake Sea`s coast... ;)

But that mountain... It's kinda neat... Just not ideal as a backyard...

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Just now I saw Victorians as an option back on the LP (all four)  ... didn't go for it though.

Got a Traditional on Deep Thought ... a clone of the island I landed on yesterday but so close to mainland that you see it's Uglyness ... big black mountain! (like Loretta mentioned it) ... so I abandoned at once!

I've actually been waiting on Deep Thought, wanted it for my alt that I won't be renewing come March.. I can't resist the name "join me in Deep Thought" for a TP :D 

She got one on the other side, facing the lighthouse, but the mountain doesn't bother me, it's just a little bit of retro linden-land, and I'm not entirely sure they'll keep it there (although I sort of like it, in a weird nostalgia way)

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Loretta String said:

My hunting dream almost came true.....

Nice green corner lot, water on 2 sides, great view BUT..... that ugly mountain took away all the joy !!

It's in Fishtown and I had to abandon it, as i couldn't stand that huge mountain ...lol

Merry Christmas everyone !!

Fishtown_001.png

One of the things that made me wonder why they placed the new islands and subcontinents so close to that eyesore mountain. Mainland heritage okay, I get it, but not in front of a place I would want to live.

The last thing that disappear in sight is the default terraformed SL land. To get rid of this mountain, one have to lower draw distance much more than for buildings and privacy landscape elements.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

One of the things that made me wonder why they placed the new islands and subcontinents so close to that eyesore mountain. Mainland heritage okay, I get it, but not in front of a place I would want to live.

The last thing that disappear in sight is the default terraformed SL land. To get rid of this mountain, one have to lower draw distance much more than for buildings and privacy landscape elements.

I see nothing but ugliness... they can always redo that sim, keeping nearby residents in mind.

Maybe it's only me, but I refuse to lower my draw distance, which is always set to 446 meter :)

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Loretta String said:

This is real terraformed mountain, which unfortunately can't be derendered.. Only way around would be to shorten my draw distance, but this is something i absolutely dislike :)

Oh My God, that sucks, because the land looks nice, but that ugly montain It's quite disturbing, and as you said, that can't be unrezzed / derendered.

I think that the owner should send a support ticket, it may be a mistake in land terraforming.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

I see nothing but ugliness... they can always redo that sim, keeping nearby residents in mind.

Maybe it's only me, but I refuse to lower my draw distance, which is always set to 446 meter :)

I was experimenting with draw distance when I lived on Mainland. It was disappointing how the terraformed ground stay put, even as all the other things on it disappear. I had to lower my draw distance more than I prefer, and I seldom are over 200m.

The ground is the last that disappear. If you are lowering the draw distance to get rid of eyesores, to get rid of black mountain default SL ground would be like pouring industrial grade bleach on it.

You didn't stay long enough to test it, if you could have 200 m draw distance and that would be enough to make it disappear?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dora Paule said:

Oh My God, that sucks, because the land looks nice, but that ugly montain It's quite disturbing, and as you said, that can't be unrezzed / derendered.

I think that the owner should send a support ticket, it may be a mistake in land terraforming.

See Pussycat's post here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439050-when-did-you-last-see-a-bellessarian-home-available/?do=findComment&comment=2030759

It is not a mistake in land terraforming. The mistake was to put the new Bellisseria subcontinents so close to Mainland. It should have been minimum 2 empty water sims in between.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I was experimenting with draw distance when I lived on Mainland. It was disappointing how the terraformed ground stay put, even as all the other things on it disappear. I had to lower my draw distance more than I prefer, and I seldom are over 200m.

The ground is the last that disappear. If you are lowering the draw distance to get rid of eyesores, to get rid of black mountain default SL ground would be like pouring industrial grade bleach on it.

You didn't stay long enough to test it, if you could have 200 m draw distance and that would be enough to make it disappear?

I didn't try changing my dd as that is a big no for me, but looking at the map, the distance is around 70 - 100 meter from that lot.. it is too close, and Fierce Bight the neighbouring sim is even closer.... I know from experience though that others may have no problem at all with that view......

5 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I've actually been waiting on Deep Thought, wanted it for my alt that I won't be renewing come March.. I can't resist the name "join me in Deep Thought" for a TP :D 

She got one on the other side, facing the lighthouse, but the mountain doesn't bother me, it's just a little bit of retro linden-land, and I'm not entirely sure they'll keep it there (although I sort of like it, in a weird nostalgia way)

Same here. The mountain doesn't bother me (I can see it from my houseboat); in fact, I like it because, as Pussycat noted above, it is an historic Mole build. I've visited a few times over the years for the spooky Pyri Funfair.

Description from the Wiki: "Pyri Funfair is the largest underground structure, in Jeogeot continent. It is built on 3 (maybe 4) levels: 76, 40 and 22 - 16 meters high (ground level is at 114 meters). It is both a cave and a mine, with many secrets hidden below ground, with many chambers and 92 gifts (109 items free). Visiting this cave is dangerous, there are many places where you can die."

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dora Paule said:

That terraforming is deliberate the land which so many seem to hate but wouldn't put me off if my draw distance was set high enough to see it is Pyri Peaks its been there years i've enjoyed many a visit. i think it could be seen as a mistake was to put part of Bellisseria so close to this attraction. it would probably be more palatable if it was put nearer to the Middle Eastern style garden in Hanshin in the most north eastern side of Jeogeot 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Loretta String said:

Redo Pyri Peak?  Er, no. It's an elaborate, daunting old puzzle build where you hunt and find gifts, always keeping in mind that your objective is to find the mysterious "Prim of Life".   Sort of a scary clown version of an amusement park, complete with, if memory serves, the occasional journal note from Moles who got lost in their own build.   The original entrance to it was (and may still be) via a ticket booth in Heterocera, at the end of the Great Wall.  Used to be that different things happened in the Tunnel of Love if you wore the ticket.  Pyri (60, 47, 115) 

I wouldn't be amazed if some rides are broken now, as both Havok and LSL evolved since the Funfair was built.  But still, makes for an interesting outing!

Look.  The Moles build for EVERYONE, not just for people who want unobstructed water views out to 446m (SERIOUSLY?  So special!).  Believe it or not, some people find that sort of view dull.  Some people like to see some activity around, and for them, being situated a quick boat trip away from Pyri Peak and the ever-fermenting coast of Jeogeot might be fun.   Belli is blessed with a lot of coastline and inner waterways that offer conventionally pleasant water views.  Not every coastal property has to offer the same amenities.

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

it would probably be more palatable if it was put nearer to the Middle Eastern style garden in Hanshin in the most north eastern side of Jeogeot 

They're not done building out Belli yet, so who knows?

Edited by Nika Talaj
added hanshin note
  • Like 10

29 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Look.  The Moles build for EVERYONE, not just for people who want unobstructed water views out to 446m (SERIOUSLY?  So special!).  Believe it or not, some people find that sort of view dull.  Some people like to see some activity around, and for them, being situated a quick boat trip away from Pyri Peak and the ever-fermenting coast of Jeogeot might be fun.   Belli is blessed with a lot of coastline and inner waterways that offer conventionally pleasant water views.  Not every coastal property has to offer the same amenities.

Exactly! I happen to find private estates to be very dull for the most part, because they are so "perfect". Variety is a good thing, and keeping SL history alive is as well. :) 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Redo Pyri Peak?  Er, no. It's an elaborate, daunting old puzzle build where you hunt and find gifts, always keeping in mind that your objective is to find the mysterious "Prim of Life".   Sort of a scary clown version of an amusement park, complete with, if memory serves, the occasional journal note from Moles who got lost in their own build.   The original entrance to it was (and may still be) via a ticket booth in Heterocera, at the end of the Great Wall.  Used to be that different things happened in the Tunnel of Love if you wore the ticket.  Pyri (60, 47, 115) 

I wouldn't be amazed if some rides are broken now, as both Havok and LSL evolved since the Funfair was built.  But still, makes for an interesting outing!

I would love to see maybe a ferry installed in Fishtown that does a trip around Pyri Peak. I've explored there and it was like a creepy time capsule :)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Loretta String said:

Is it still true that a part of your lag is determined by what those around you can see? Back in the day if someone next you had their draw distance dialed up to insane, such as say... I dunno, some crazy high number no one would ever actually use like 446 (which I just came up with because It's so silly high no one would ever use it unless posing for an extremely scenic wilderness shot), if they did that... everyone around them would also have to download everything within 25 sims... and lag down to 1 fps if lucky...

;)

• Like 1

I teleported to the plot, with my draw distance set to 152 and saw the mountain. Then I lowered my draw distance to 32 and saw the mountain.

I teleported away and back, without touching the draw distance. I was testing if that made a difference, to teleport in with draw distance as low as possible. It did not.

I honestly thought that lowering draw distance would make it go away. That it stays at 32 m was a surprise. So it makes no difference to keep a high draw distance or lower it. So much for that.

It was interesting to see it with a hazy, misty windlight. It looked cool and could be a nice backdrop for a Gothic Victorian. A special effect for the right person. In my opinion, not so much for a cozy Traditional. I would not keep it, and my options does not stand for the whole SL community, and I don't claim it does.

It is not about what is good and what is bad. I mean that 2 different communities should be separated because people have different expectations. It is not a surprise that people come to defend the way things are done and disagree. I don't post to be right, I see how a thing is done and say why I would have done it different. I have to clarify this, so I am not attacked as an entitled Mole-hater.

12 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I would love to see maybe a ferry installed in Fishtown that does a trip around Pyri Peak. I've explored there and it was like a creepy time capsule :)

This would make the mountain a feature, and maybe they will. I like the idea. Bellisseria could have more ferries in general.

draw d_001.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

i think it could be seen as a mistake was to put part of Bellisseria so close to this attraction. it would probably be more palatable if it was put nearer to the Middle Eastern style garden in Hanshin in the most north eastern side of Jeogeot 

When I asked for more water not only did it get turned down, some ridiculed me for it. And a part of that was specifically to look at a region north of Hanshin...

But I also noted in that thread that some folks would end up way too close to jeogeot and that mountain once those islands went live... some will like that, most won't. With luck and time those spots will mostly go to people who find seeing mainland an attraction...

Putting some islands over north of hanshin would have been good... it a better area and more water there was needed even before Bellisseria... but too late now...

People called my thread too soon... but really it was too late by a year...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

Pyri does seem a bit daunting to look at from that angle, but I would rather the Moles did a little landscaping (plant a few trees?) and preserve the island.  I don't think it should be removed because it interferes with a few folks' views.  Pyri was here first.

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 10.27.50 AM.png

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Belli is so big that there is a spot for everyone. As I already said what someone hates, someone else loves, and that goes for Pyri too.

Liking an unobstructed view at a draw distance of 446 ( which is what I personally like ) doesn't exclude me from finding the right home, there are plenty of these in Belli :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

IIt was interesting to see it with a hazy, misty windlight. It looked cool and could be a nice backdrop for a Gothic Victorian. A special effect for the right person. In my opinion, not so much for a cozy Traditional. I would not keep it, and my options does not stand for the whole SL community, and I don't claim it does.

It is not about what is good and what is bad. I mean that 2 different communities should be separated because people have different expectations. It is not a surprise that people come to defend the way things are done and disagree. I don't post to be right, I see how a thing is done and say why I would have done it different. I have to clarify this, so I am not attacked as an entitled Mole-hater.

draw d_001.jpg

I couldn't agree more with you, Pyri looks much nicer with that windlight :)

• Like 1

Well, yesterday, I decided to pick up all my items & abandon my Houseboat in Brodovima.....I wanted a better location for me - this one - like the last one I had in Floaton - was not attached to the land - with the houses & the roads.....so I went houseboat hunting.

The nice thing is - there were houseboats every time....so I got one in Manywave.....not attached to land....so I abandoned......got another...but this one was the same one in Brodovima that I had just got rid of....so abandoned....then I got one in Cobbs Marina....this one was attached to land with houses & roads...but it was a little island that I did not even know existed......I considered keeping it for a while, but after a little exploring, decided that since houseboats are plentyful - now is the time to keep looking....so I abandoned.  Next I got another in Manywave.....I don't think it was the same one.....abandoned....and the final one was also in Manywave....a different one.....abandoned....so at that point was at my limit - so I was homeless overnight.

I got on this evening about 1 1/2 hours ago & got a houseboat in Cantrip Coast......hit the jackpot...for what I was looking for in a location.

Attached to the mainland.....a road I can walk to right behind my boat...Traditional houses there.  Houseboats across the water from me to view.....love that view.....a short walk away.....campgrounds to wander thru......so this is a keeper....til I get that wander itch......will need to try the Victorians at some point....but for now - very content.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by RacyAcey
  • Like 12

i'm up to about 35 attempts at trying to get the kind of houseboat i'm after (and i'm not that fussy, any in about 6 regions will do me). I have either got one I've already previously abandoned (about 50% of the time), or I end up nowhere near where I want to be. At the time of typing, the few locations that were high on my wishlist have now all been taken, probably when I slept :(

I don't know how people actually enjoy this game of homes thing, it's damn frustrating honestly.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

i'm up to about 35 attempts at trying to get the kind of houseboat i'm after (and i'm not that fussy, any in about 6 regions will do me). I have either got one I've already previously abandoned (about 50% of the time), or I end up nowhere near where I want to be. At the time of typing, the few locations that were high on my wishlist have now all been taken, probably when I slept :(

I don't know how people actually enjoy this game of homes thing, it's damn frustrating honestly.

I think getting a good houseboat location is harder then a house.  The HB are usually placed pretty close together and it is harder to get a location where you aren't boxed in by other boats or have a good view that isn't other houseboats. 

I do hope you find what you are looking for :) .  Yes GOH is frustrating even for those that have several alts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.