When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Dora Paule said:

Yeah, finally I got a very nice camper at the beach, nice views:

https://gyazo.com/a0ce5f62688f7018f98f5f822a878d29

As a camper using only half your land tier... check out the inworld group 'New Citizens Incorporated' - years ago they ran classes on land ownership, they might still. Useful for helping in finding the perfect spot of mainland to spend the rest of your 512m's of tier on.

NCI Kuula - New Citizens Incorporated - Help/Classes/Freebies:

https://world.secondlife.com/place/1a6165d4-aa3b-55fb-2a14-afaa6bd31100?lang=en-US

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Another houseboat came my way ... on the Squishy pickle ...

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shamtul/108/32/0

Will abandon in 4 minutes 11:45 am SLT

DONE! ... still in maintainance 11:47 ...  11:49 .... 11:54 !!!

what on earth are they doing with it?

PS: STILL 12:04 !! I give up watching!!

That's why I would never try to give a good house from an alt to my main! - you never know when they keep it endlessly!

I did it a few times successfully. Its all about timing

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Since we "know" there is a humongous release on the near horizon, why not just wait until there will be lots of all kinds of plots available.   

That makes so much sense... But when you're new to this, and you really want a home.., I know how some people might feel, I was there. Patience is not a common feature in humankind, I wish we were all cats..

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, animats said:

How big is the backlog of demand, anyway? Is the end in sight? Bellisseria is getting huge.

I don't know if anyone has counted regions and done the math. We could say a region is 20 homes. Some regions on the beach and  boats in the sea have fewer homes, the inland with lakes too. So maybe unknown number regions X 14? I am not in the mood of doing that, I hate math and I am tired.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, animats said:

How big is the backlog of demand, anyway? Is the end in sight? Bellisseria is getting huge.

Well we don't see as many complaints as in the past for sure.  Some folks have downgraded which will likely be matched (who knows?) by those going Premium to "now" get a NEW home (hopefully).  It seems like it depends a lot on the old Linden Homes and the folks in there. How many are still there? How many are still there that USE their homes?  Hopefully LL knows. 

How fast this release goes "may" be in part how it is handled. Will The Lab let the old homes folks know that their days (weeks whatever) are numbered? Will they wait and see how fast this mega-release is taken up?   That is a piece of the puzzle we know nothing about -- and maybe it hasn't even been decided yet.  When Belli was new (those first few months) there were reportedly only about five releases (almost always traditionals) per day. This from folks that were glued to their refresher.  Now I see both trailers and traditionals (and one houseboat I think) come up often and I am not even watching my refresher, just see it when I am going to a new webpage :D. So availability SEEMS to be catching up with demand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I don't think I can do external links like that, but firefox has its own refresh and monitor addon. I use it, but at least for me, firefox pings the website twice, so I have to set it for 120 seconds. But it's still useful, because unlike chrome, it sends an alarm immediately when the keyword is found. Chrome waits for the full time to run out.

I wondered why I was getting time-outs in 7 minutes or so (set at 72 seconds).  Maddening!  I didn't detect the double ping.

1 hour ago, WedOctober said:

My Autofresh has to be manual.   This is very rewarding when yo finally get a home.   I lost my home this week from pushing the wrong button.  Trying to get a new home seems to take forever now.  Does anyone know how to install refresh on a MacBook Pro?

I searched for a Mac-compatible auto-refresh not long ago, and never found one.

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

As a camper using only half your land tier... check out the inworld group 'New Citizens Incorporated' - years ago they ran classes on land ownership, they might still. Useful for helping in finding the perfect spot of mainland to spend the rest of your 512m's of tier on.

NCI Kuula - New Citizens Incorporated - Help/Classes/Freebies:

https://world.secondlife.com/place/1a6165d4-aa3b-55fb-2a14-afaa6bd31100?lang=en-US

Thank you for the info, I'm not really a "new citizen", it's the second time that I upgraded to Premium in my 11 years in SL.  Although there any other reasons to do, the fact of being able to have one of these new Linden homes was an option to decide.

But I have a doubt about own a Linden home and mainland at the same time,  I think, if I'm not mistaken, that one of the Linden homes requirements is not have the 1024 sqm bonus in use. 

1 hour ago, animats said:

Way back at the beginning of Bellisseria, Patch mentioned that he needed to create "at least 30,000" homes.  I'm guessing that number was to replace all existing ownership of the old Linden Homes and to allow for some unspecified amount of padding for new owners and to actually still have unclaimed homes when done.

I have no clue how close to that number they are.  From looking at the area of the original release and knowing that it was roughly 2300 homes - if I remember correctly - and looking at all of the total area we now see, I'd guess they are currently around 20,000, including all of the new stuff that we can see that isn't yet released..

Here is all of the current area with the original area roughly outlined.  At least I think the outlined area is the original release - minus the camper area in the west and the camper area in the NE because those sections were bare in the initial rollout.

image.thumb.png.3c91fc5e918629e3b6aa529485a81322.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
extra words
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Dora Paule said:

But I have a doubt about own a Linden home and mainland at the same time,  I think, if I'm not mistaken, that one of the Linden homes requirements is not have the 1024 sqm bonus in use. 

The camper uses up 512m of your tier. So you still have 512m to go use on mainland.

You can see how you're using your tier here:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US
Look at " Available Square Meters: " and hit the 'calculate' button.

https://secondlife.com/my/account/land.php?lang=en-US

Also... 'New Citizens' is the name of that organization, but anyone can take a class if they offer it. Learning about these links and how to track your land holdings is why I recommend them.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

1 hour ago, Nissa Nightfire said:

oh nice!  I couldn't resist trying to get a better camper location -- and two alts got campers that appear to be basically side by side.... I won't be able to check them out until I get home from work!!

I've got a Good camper location at: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pugwash/15/118/26

but I'm tempted of try again to get  a better location, may be a traditional or a houseboat..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candy68 said:

anyone know when the next round of houseboats will be  out  to grab

Well if nothing pops up over the next couple of days, there will definitely be a bunch in the upcoming HUGE release, that might happen as early as next week - though nobody knows for sure about any of the releases.

9 hours ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

Comfort released!

Jippie!!! ... so they DID go with the sequence!! first finishing the OLD bunch of named homes ...

The next on the OLD list would be SSPE326    Hooten Holler
The next on theNEW list would be SSPE281    Cantrip Coast
or SSPE297    Blue Duck if they treat Cantrip Coast as a sort of single island and surprise release like Permanent Glow

another VERY late release! 2:49 pm SLT it is allready the fourth very late release in a row. the three last have been ...
Friday 3:02 pm Commodore, Monday 2:36 pm Hornpipe and Tuesday 1:48 pm Sternwheeler
So my bet for today is Hooten Holler between 1:30 and 3:00 pm SLT ....  (or Blue Duck ... or Cantrip Coast) ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a theory about that very late releases:

Sice a few days they allways HOPE they can release the Vitorian BULK so they wait ... and wait ... while the people important for checking the Victorians check like hell and check and check ...

.... and a few other Moles are busy finishing the older regions newly named ...

... and finally just before going home they decide:

"Another day without Victorians so let's give them a region from the list!" ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Way back at the beginning of Bellisseria, Patch mentioned that he needed to create "at least 30,000" homes.  I'm guessing that number was to replace all existing ownership of the old Linden Homes and to allow for some unspecified amount of padding for new owners and to actually still have unclaimed homes when done.

I have no clue how close to that number they are.  From looking at the area of the original release and knowing that it was roughly 2300 homes - if I remember correctly - and looking at all of the total area we now see, I'd guess they are currently around 20,000, including all of the new stuff that we can see that isn't yet released..

Here is all of the current area with the original area roughly outlined.  At least I think the outlined area is the original release - minus the camper area in the west and the camper area in the NE because those sections were bare in the initial rollout.

image.thumb.png.3c91fc5e918629e3b6aa529485a81322.png

Thank you for the big map. By comparing the first release of 2300, and the Squishy Pickle of 700, that is 3000. The Pickle Isle is smaller than Squishy Pickle and I doubt it's more than 700-800 homes there. Squishy Pickle 2, new 700 homes, the small islands maybe 500 together, the rest of the old continent 2-3000, the Victorian Peninsula 3000.

The total of released and unreleased, I would say a bit over 10 000. 11 000-12 000.

I am not good at math, but I like to say, that I am good to estimate roughly by sight. Are there many more campers/trailers in a region than Trads and Boats? If so, it is at least 12 000.

I presume the big, empty water to the east will have some more islands or a small new continent. Another possible scenario is that the Squishy Pickle 2 will be moved there along with the small islands. It is still room for more subcontinents east of the Victorian Peninsula.

It is maybe wrong to call the Victorian area for a peninsula. Have you (general you) found a name for it?

Edit. I can't stop typing Pickle Isle when I mean Squishy Pickle. So I corrected it one place. I can't see where I type wrong name until later. Ack. 😫

Edited by Marianne Little
added more info + grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I think they just vary the timing.

Sometimes early sometimes late. Helps people in different timezones have better odds.

Rings true and they used to do that quite some time but then they alternated. If one day it was very late, you could expect that the next day it would be more on the early side. This time we had four VERY late ones running ... so I keep with my theory! ;)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.