Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

 

It is maybe wrong to call the Victorian area for a peninsula. Have you (general you) found a name for it?

 

I was calling it BellSouth, but AT&T owns that. 😉 I have seen VictoriBell, VickyBell, Bellitoria, New South Belli, and a few others. Rather like VictoriBell myself. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

I was calling it BellSouth, but AT&T owns that. 😉 I have seen VictoriBell, VickyBell, Bellitoria, New South Belli, and a few others. Rather like VictoriBell myself. 

Officially "VictoriBell", I'm going with "VictoriBelle". Because "Southern Victorian".

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Officially "VictoriBell", I'm going with "VictoriBelle". Because "Southern Victorian".

What's wrong with just calling it the southern part of Bellisseria?

FWIW, though, I also hate when Bellisseria is called Belli, or any other variation of Bellisseria. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

What's wrong with just calling it the southern part of Bellisseria?

FWIW, though, I also hate when Bellisseria is called Belli, or any other variation of Bellisseria. 

I agree! It could confuse new residents but even I always typo Bellisseria so people want a shorter abbreviation, Bell, Belli, Bellis.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since seeing the new vics  love love love them ,,,, i have been and still am avid viewer of young and restless ,,,, ok ok ok    ,,, its an 80s thing  so personally i have been calling it  at times vic for victor newman ,,,, or victoria the daughter of   victor and nicky ,, or at times   t  y  a  r     just  my personal nick name ,,,   and real life hubby keeps saying as the meeme of victors says  ,,, when i call it my nick name 00f7649ac723677c728d9cf62bdcaab3.jpg.0973bda5509f80f047d2e6dbdf033c7d.jpg

Edited by roseelvira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

What's wrong with just calling it the southern part of Bellisseria?

FWIW, though, I also hate when Bellisseria is called Belli, or any other variation of Bellisseria. 

I agree, "Belli" makes me think of fat bellies. LOL The official name of the souther portion of the continent (hearsay, at this point) is apparently: VictoriBell - I just add the E for fun. Though this also begs the question: When released, will they appear in the Bellisseria option on the LL Home selection page, or will there be a new "VictoriBell" option? So those auto-refreshers may actually be seeking the wrong text. Bahahahaha!!!!

Edited by Alyona Su

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The official name of the souther portion of the continent (hearsay, at this point) is apparently: VictoriBell - I just add the E for fun.

Where does this official-ness come from? Did @Patch Linden say that somewhere? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alumna Cornell said:

Does anyone know what/who *pink* dots on the map represent? 

pinkdots.JPG

Most likely those are the long tapered cylindrical prims the Moles use to identify if items needs adjusting or adding. You can see them all over the newer areas, and they usually have names that describe what their purpose is. I've seen many where they start one colour, and they have an instruction that something like "change to Jade when front border finished" etc

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:
31 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The official name of the souther portion of the continent (hearsay, at this point) is apparently: VictoriBell - I just add the E for fun.

Where does this official-ness come from? Did @Patch Linden say that somewhere?

Another commenter says yes: it came from Patch - which is why I say that's hearsay for now, until @Patch Linden or another Linden or Mole verifies this. Otherwise "Southern Bellisseria" would be the best description for that area, I believe, with the mountain range demarcation indication the separation from "Bellissera" from Bellissera South". I still like VictoriBelle.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had previously noticed the magenta squares, which are plentiful; this was the first time I've seen different-colored dots. Thanks. (Responding to Eowyn; forgot to quote!)

Edited by Alumna Cornell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

When released, will they appear in the Bellisseria option on the LL Home selection page

The house names have "Victorian" in them, so I'm betting that's what the land page designation will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

The house names have "Victorian" in them, so I'm betting that's what the land page designation will be

That will be the style designation, I'm referring to the category it's shown in. Likely Bellisseria. But, who knows? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone. we're releasing our camper at Comfort today in 3 hours (I think it's 12 in SLT)

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Comfort/136/108/0

Great sandy location, keeping a quite decent distance to the neighbours, and in front of the sea entrance. After thinking about it, we're just keeping my premium account; we basically spend our time at our Trad home, which we love.

Depending on how the new Victorian homes go, we'll consider upgrading again. 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Hello everyone. we're releasing our camper at Comfort today in 3 hours (I think it's 12 in SLT)

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Comfort/136/108/0

Great sandy location, keeping a quite decent distance to the neighbours, and in front of the sea entrance. After thinking about it, we're just keepin my premium account; we basically spend time at our Trad home, which we love.

Depending on how the new Victorian homes go, we'll consider upgrading again. 

You are so kind for letting people know! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, heartzwhim said:

Hooten Hollar released

Then they finish the old list before they start with a new one. Then it will be Drawmi tomottow! - if not the Victorians.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whitney released the campers one by one, which was interesting to see.  I guess Lindens get bored too and like to switch things up a bit!

It seemed as if she delayed releasing the best ones, two each on private islands, until the VERRY last.   It seemed like forever until they were taken.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They named ten more regions

SSPE319    Silent Shores
SSPE324    Soggy Shore
SSPE328    Spinoza
SSPE329    Blueberry Patch
SSPE330    Cobbs Market
SSPE333    Gridley Crossroads
SSPE342    Franklin Hollow
SSPE355    South Haven
SSPE356    Bluff Knoll
SSPE357    Leomund

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are really quite a lot of named unreleased regions now! This is the updated list sorted by SSPE numbers

SSPE281    Cantrip Coast
SSPE297    Blue Duck
SSPE298    Twilling
SSPE299    Blackwater Park
SSPE300    Fraid Knot
SSPE301    Sprinkles
SSPE302    Surfdom
SSPE308    Yearning
SSPE313    Mercy Hill
SSPE314    Deer Moor
SSPE315    Westlake
SSPE317    Falcon Heights
SSPE318    Forrest Field
SSPE319    Silent Shores
SSPE324    Soggy Shore
#SSPE327    Drawmi
SSPE328    Spinoza
SSPE329    Blueberry Patch
SSPE330    Cobbs Market
SSPE333    Gridley Crossroads
SSPE342    Franklin Hollow
SSPE355    South Haven
SSPE356    Bluff Knoll
SSPE357    Leomund

I marked Drawmi because it is the only one left from the OLD list and likely to go first.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Whitney released the campers one by one, which was interesting to see.  I guess Lindens get bored too and like to switch things up a bit!

It seemed as if she delayed releasing the best ones, two each on private islands, until the VERRY last.   It seemed like forever until they were taken.

Interesting...I didn't realise that...just came along 20 minutes into the release and got a super-nice one with water on two sides! We'll abandon our lakefront camper on Sparkle Bottom here later:https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sparkle Bottoms/148/144/0

if anyone's interested I'll post here right before releasing

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

South Haven is the region i am waiting patiently to be released..... It's interesting it got named, even though it's next to that big gap...

Maybe a sign that it will be filled soon ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, roseelvira said:

Since seeing the new vics  love love love them ,,,, i have been and still am avid viewer of young and restless ,,,, ok ok ok    ,,, its an 80s thing  so personally i have been calling it  at times vic for victor newman ,,,, or victoria the daughter of   victor and nicky ,, or at times   t  y  a  r     just  my personal nick name ,,,   and real life hubby keeps saying as the meeme of victors says  ,,, when i call it my nick name 00f7649ac723677c728d9cf62bdcaab3.jpg.0973bda5509f80f047d2e6dbdf033c7d.jpg

My show too - been watching since .....the 70"s I think.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RacyAcey said:

My show too - been watching since ...

It never gets old lol and  another fav is  bold and beautiful  as well   ,,,  and here is from 1988  this explains my hair style i am stuck in the 80s lol victor has not changed much ,    theme song for beli and vic  areas   young and restless ,,, wink ,,,     

 00af969256716bf5f721fda12c9a80a9.jpg.d2662e73edf5f4962e1e98c62599ddd5.jpgnikki-victor-leanna-1.jpg.86c70f8247576906197675d317f02b29.jpg    cast of young and restless ,   

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you for the big map. By comparing the first release of 2300, and the Squishy Pickle of 700, that is 3000. The Pickle Isle is smaller than Squishy Pickle and I doubt it's more than 700-800 homes there. Squishy Pickle 2, new 700 homes, the small islands maybe 500 together, the rest of the old continent 2-3000, the Victorian Peninsula 3000.

The total of released and unreleased, I would say a bit over 10 000. 11 000-12 000.

I am not good at math, but I like to say, that I am good to estimate roughly by sight. Are there many more campers/trailers in a region than Trads and Boats? If so, it is at least 12 000.

I presume the big, empty water to the east will have some more islands or a small new continent. Another possible scenario is that the Squishy Pickle 2 will be moved there along with the small islands. It is still room for more subcontinents east of the Victorian Peninsula.

It is maybe wrong to call the Victorian area for a peninsula. Have you (general you) found a name for it?

Edit. I can't stop typing Pickle Isle when I mean Squishy Pickle. So I corrected it one place. I can't see where I type wrong name until later. Ack. 😫

My initial rough estimate was 12,000-15,000 but I have a tendency to way underestimate from pictures, so I decided to generously bump my estimate to the 20,000 I mentioned before.  Based on your comments, my original 12,000-15,000 is probably closer.

 

 

 

10 hours ago, Hendrix Portal said:

I was calling it BellSouth, but AT&T owns that. 😉 I have seen VictoriBell, VickyBell, Bellitoria, New South Belli, and a few others. Rather like VictoriBell myself. 

 

8 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

What's wrong with just calling it the southern part of Bellisseria?

FWIW, though, I also hate when Bellisseria is called Belli, or any other variation of Bellisseria. 

 

8 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I agree, "Belli" makes me think of fat bellies. LOL The official name of the souther portion of the continent (hearsay, at this point) is apparently: VictoriBell - I just add the E for fun. Though this also begs the question: When released, will they appear in the Bellisseria option on the LL Home selection page, or will there be a new "VictoriBell" option? So those auto-refreshers may actually be seeking the wrong text. Bahahahaha!!!!

When I am talking about the general area or the original continent (the original dragon sitting in a boot eating a pickle part), I call it Bellisseria.  When referring to the new southern portion, I started out calling it Southern Bellisseria, but have been using South Belli lately for faster typing. 

So far, I'm just not feeling any of the various "Vic" nicknames that have been used.

Patch referred to the southern part as South Bellisseria.  There isn't any sort of official nickname that I've heard of. 

 

 

 

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Whitney released the campers one by one, which was interesting to see.  I guess Lindens get bored too and like to switch things up a bit!

I thought LL did that to ensure the entire release was spread out over a longer period of time -- it was something like 8 hours or so, I think.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...