When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You might like the houses. You can take a preview look at "Linden Reveal" region anyway - but you might not like the houses you are given. There are thousands - at least several hundred getting released at a time. You get given one randomly by mere chance like in a lottery. You can abandon and claim a new one only five times in 24 hours - and when they are all gone (after 48 hours? a week? ?? a month?) you might end up regretting to have given up your sandy camper with sea view.

Yes, I also thought that you said, I could regret of leaving my camper, and spend days or weeks trying to get other home,  five times every 24 hours, the feeling can become frustrating

I've already had luck with this location, one of the best for a camper if you love sea views and the beach sand as me. The only "bad" thing is that the plot has only 512 sqm, but can live with that :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Loretta String said:

If i remember right, there was a new release last weekend......or am i wrong ?

You are wrong. I keep the records (spreadsheet - sort of hobby of mine) and can tell you every single region with it's release day, date and time. There never has been one on a Saturday or Sunday. Only once on an USA bankholisay (or a day before or after one they traditionally take off). Monday till Friday 6:00 am to 3:00 pm SLT that is the timerange for region releases.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rickenstien said:

Hello, prolly wrong thread but closest I could find lol. big land mass just below southern belli. has homes and houseboats but, no access! anyone know what that is? just curious.

The thread for this  where the forum people are watching and commenting any progress on the building of the new continent since long before the first regions were released is called SSP you find lots of pictures there and maps and speculations ...

6 hours ago, Dora Paule said:

Yes, I also thought that you said, I could regret of leaving my camper, and spend days or weeks trying to get other home,  five times every 24 hours, the feeling can become frustrating

I've already had luck with this location, one of the best for a camper if you love sea views and the beach sand as me. The only "bad" thing is that the plot has only 512 sqm, but can live with that :)

It has always been hard to get sea views and beach sand. The inland area is much bigger that the coast, naturally. This is why I keep one home and have an alt do the refresh jumping. If you don't have a premium alt, you have to consider the benefit of a bigger home, more Li against: Will this weigh up for an inland plot with grass?

I am eager to see the new regions, I hope the inland regions will look fantastic. I know the Christmas Expo is a showcase and not a real region copy, so I am trying to tone my exitement down. I am going to take a Victorian on an inland region anyway, if I can. I want to try the new style. I can always go back to the refresh game later.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am eager to see the new regions, I hope the inland regions will look fantastic. I know the Christmas Expo is a showcase and not a real region copy, so I am trying to tone my exitement down. I am going to take a Victorian on an inland region anyway, if I can. I want to try the new style. I can always go back to the refresh game later.

It may not be a real region copy, but I think it is a pretty accurate example of what to expect. The final camper areas look just like the example at the preview earlier this year, so I expect the Victorians areas  will look like the Expo too. I don't think LL will add features that they are not going to implement finally, and think we will see the landscaping with all the flowers implemented. If you look at the plots at the Expo, the parcel area for the house starts where the path to the house finishes, and the flowers are outside that line also, so pretty much as we see currently with the Traditionals where the property line  begins where the path to the house ends. So I think they will look just as good as the Expo and you should continue to be as excited as you really feel:)

Vic_property lines.JPG

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

It may not be a real region copy, but I think it is a pretty accurate example of what to expect. The final camper areas look just like the example at the preview earlier this year, so I expect the Victorians areas  will look like the Expo too. I don't think LL will add features that they are not going to implement finally, and think we will see the landscaping with all the flowers implemented. If you look at the plots at the Expo, the parcel area for the house starts where the path to the house finishes, and the flowers are outside that line also, so pretty much as we see currently with the Traditionals where the property line  begins where the path to the house ends. So I think they will look just as good as the Expo and you should continue to be as excited as you really feel:)

Vic_property lines.JPG

😎 That would be better than best. I like the abuncance of flowers.

I think it was @Pussycat Catnapwho said somewhere that there are more lag if every parcel place out a lot of different trees and flowers. It sounds logical, new textures and new meshes to load makes it harder to load it all.

I also think I heard; that what we place behind inside our homes does not have this impact. Sorry if I quote you wrongly, Pussycat.

I like to have a lot of Mole flowers around my property, less need for me to spend Li on my own. I will plant some climbers like Ivy and have containers with plants, but that and outdoor furniture will be all.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

😎 That would be better than best. I like the abuncance of flowers.

I think it was @Pussycat Catnapwho said somewhere that there are more lag if every parcel place out a lot of different trees and flowers. It sounds logical, new textures and new meshes to load makes it harder to load it all.

I also think I heard; that what we place behind inside our homes does not have this impact. Sorry if I quote you wrongly, Pussycat.

I need to read backwards to see the context here... I may be responding to the wrong point...?

On lots of different trees and flowers...

I think that would be in relation to me often talking against sculpty plants?

Mostly about sculpty from what I have heard.

Sculpty are textures, mesh are 3D models. Mesh I suspect will be demanding on your GPU, but that is all.

Sculpty is demanding on BOTH an HTTP download of a texture, and then also your GPU. Maybe also the CPU very slightly to translate that texture to something that can be sent to the GPU... I dunno... probably not... Worse... as a texture sculpty I think counts for texture caching... so if you go into a region with a LOT of different textures AND sculpties - they are all competing against each other for use of the texture cache... so low to mid range systems start suffering texture thrashing where something you could see suddenly blurs out and has to be downloaded again...

People are still using a lot of sculpty... nearly 6-7 years after mesh made it obsolete... In part some popular brands of trees are STILL selling the stuff... LL should at the LEAST disable the ability to make new sculpty maps... ideally they should break it, just like they did with invisprims... breaking invisiprims basically destroyed half or more of the furry avatars in SL... so it had a cost... but they did it anyway, because the technology was a bad one... the same is true for sculpty...

Unfortunately... whether something is visible or hidden from view - it still gets downloaded and becomes a burden on your system if it is within your draw distance, or (or so I read years ago) within the draw distance of someone in your draw distance...

So...

Presuming I understand the tech right...

If you visit a sim with say... 20 different sculpty plants... and another sim with say... 20 different mesh plants... The mesh sim will only be more laggy to you if you have a fairly low end GPU... But the Sculpty will be a lag issue if you have a low end GPU, less ram, and or a slower internet connection, or your internet is throttling your HTTP requests for some reason... (which I believe actually happens in some places).

- in other words... for most people a "region" with 20 different mesh plants is not an issue...

(by contrast on my old Macbook Pro... that's where I would sometimes see a sudden viewer crash without first noticing lag... the GPU would just overheat because... Mac...).

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 2

Anyone want some prime beach front for the holidays? I am not spending time in my Graff house these days since I have another beachy place I love more... so I thought I could make someone merry & bright if I released it. I will edit this post later this morning when I release.

Property is here, if you care to check it out first & have the happiest of holidays, neighbors and friends:

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Graff/29/105/25

Actually think I'll abandon now- need to be logged in & quick on my other alt in case the Victorians are released ;) ... so here goes! Catch it *throws house*

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

Its a Todd's Landing one I think. I wasted one of my 5 daily chances (which I should save in case the Victorians are released) because I can't help it :/

Sometimes I can't help it either.  I  let a TH go on my main as I want to get the Victorian on that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atina0 said:

gentle grove   top location on a lake   

Is that gone allready? Might try for it. 

Presently I have two houses in Axim: my super Beachhome plus another one on a hill with nice view. If I catch Gentle Grove I might give up the latter

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.