Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

I am wishing that you wave of hoppers would apply the brakes for a while so those without homes can get into a fresh, new, sparkly region.

It's not like that. There are homes I'd like from the very first region that was released. Like on a cliff facing the ocean without a boat salvage yard ruining my view.  And roooooocks everywhere!

There's no value in a fresh, new region.  The only value is in the landscape no matter when it was released.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

Correct, that would be me when I think I see an element of unfairness in the wave of mains and alts hopping from recently released homes a week before to a newer spot. Yes, they paid the premium for this right, but I was hoping to make the hoppers realize that they aren't the only ones looking for a nice home . You acquired one already. Might you stay a bit and it enjoy it?

If you are looking for a home, why not be happy when a "hopper" releases one? Are you afraid of cooties if you get a previously-owned Belli home? This makes zero sense to me that you would complain about additional homes being thrown into the pool, if in fact you are wanting a Belli home.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

This is exactly what my gripe is about and what a hold policy could help if put in place. I have not received a brand new home yet, and I am not interested in an abandoned like you are not interested.  I am wishing that you wave of hoppers would apply the brakes for a while so those without homes can get into a fresh, new, sparkly region.  Honestly, if I were a hopper, and I do not plan on being one, I would read this concern from a "homeless" and think, "Oh, gosh, sorry. I didn't realize I was causing this." I know I am correct to speak up, but I am now done speaking on this topic because I don't seem to be getting through.

You're certainly correct to speak your mind, but listen to what others are saying as well.  I acquired a home in Pantelleria on Thursday, and abandoned it on Saturday.  That sort of pattern is typical of hoppers.  I abandoned it on the weekend specifically so a different population of refreshers would have a chance at a decent property in a "fresh, new, sparkly" region.  And the new owners certainly sounded delighted in chat. 

Hoppers do not remove houses from the pool; often they release them within a day or two.  Personally, I've tried to abandon homes outside of LL's working hours, to give others a chance.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

So any tips for when addiction sets in?  Is it like when you miss your breakfast because playing with auto-refresh is so much fun? Or is it like when your husband complains you don't have any time for him because you're flying through Bellisseria all evening?

Okay, here is the list... 

1. All of the above
2.
3. 

😝

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

There are big rocks outside the yard boundaries in some yards, like cliffs. Cute.

Yes, but those are not rocks "in our yard".  They are rocks as part of the public landscaping that is done.

 

And, yes, I do know what you mean, but other new folks might not.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

It's not like that. There are homes I'd like from the very first region that was released. Like on a cliff facing the ocean without a boat salvage yard ruining my view.  And roooooocks everywhere!

There's no value in a fresh, new region.  The only value is in the landscape no matter when it was released.

I know what you mean, one gets a little tired of flat yards bordered by tidy fences and hedges.  I hope LL comes up with a new, slightly more wild theme... like cabins on hills, so we could put in rock formations and maybe little streams, to make magic little nooks.  It would be nice to have that in Belli for the sake of the community and the fun of sharing what we've done with people we've come to know; but of course there's always private property too.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things I've noticed is the odd need people feel to obtain a parcel in one of the newer new regions.

Because they are all new. Yes, even the ones released ages and ages and ages and ages ago on April 15. 

Referring to parcels as "waste homes" and "unwanted" and "throwbacks"... good god, y'all. Every single parcel in every single region is gorgeous. I'm not saying people should settle for a home on the sea when they'd prefer to be a inland, or a house instead of the houseboat that they really want, but c'mon.

And I don't have the technical knowledge of this other than the inadvertent DDoS attacks that caused LL to put in the 10 per 10 limit (which people have found a way to get around anyway), but I see a pretty clear way that the hoppers are keeping new people from getting homes. The constant refreshing 24/7 makes it harder for someone to get through the noise of that mess to get a parcel.

It's like the old days when radio stations would hold contests and the winner would have to be the 1,000 caller or something. The less people calling increases the odds for those people. The website can only handle so much traffic and the same people constantly hitting the land page decreases the odds of someone else getting through to an available Bellisseria home. As far as LL being happy with all the people creating more premium alts, I think they'd rather keep their larger base of premium residents happy than 10 or 20 or 50 or 100 people. 

I know I'm spitting into the wind here. The people playing the game aren't going to stop playing the game. Everyone else is just going to have to wait until there is a surplus of homes available. Until then, it's every resident for themselves. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

One of the things I've noticed is the odd need people feel to obtain a parcel in one of the newer new regions.

Because they are all new. Yes, even the ones released ages and ages and ages and ages ago on April 15. 

Referring to parcels as "waste homes" and "unwanted" and "throwbacks"... good god, y'all. Every single parcel in every single region is gorgeous. I'm not saying people should settle for a home on the sea when they'd prefer to be a inland, or a house instead of the houseboat that they really want, but c'mon.

100% agree. This right here is what puzzles me the most.

I don't believe the newest regions should be given only to those who have never had homes, but the extreme lengths some who already have (several) homes are going to to try to get the very newest and shiniest is a real head-scratcher. Ditto for the belief of some who don't have homes yet that ONLY the newest regions are worthy to place their pixel tushies in.

ALL of Bellisseria is awesome, and yes, yes, I understand, everyone has preferences as to whether they want beach or rocks or caves or lagoons, but come on, folks. This bitter battle for "better than what everyone else has" is just... honestly, I'm glad I'm too simple-minded to understand it, and that I am very happy with what I already have. It must suck to be compelled to always want "more", so much so that the initial regions are thought of in disparaging terms as Beth listed above. It's sad and it's insulting to the Moles who created the homes. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Echopraxia said:

Are there any demos/rezzers still available inworld anywhere to see the different types of houseboats? 

Not that I am aware of, but there are only four types. If you wander through the houseboat areas, you'll be sure to see all four.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

ALL of Bellisseria is awesome, and yes, yes, I understand, everyone has preferences as to whether they want beach or rocks or caves or lagoons, but come on, folks. This bitter battle for "better than what everyone else has" is just... honestly, I'm glad I'm too simple-minded to understand it, and that I am very happy with what I already have. It must suck to be compelled to always want "more", so much so that the initial regions are thought of in disparaging terms as Beth listed above. It's sad and it's insulting to the Moles who created the homes. 

I whole-heartedly agree.  Bellisseria is great wherever you are.  Someone gave up this "old" parcel on Edgar and my sister got it.  To each his/her own.

Kerry's house in Edgar.jpg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

I whole-heartedly agree.  Bellisseria is great wherever you are.  Someone gave up this "old" parcel on Edgar and my sister got it.  To each his/her own.

Kerry's house in Edgar.jpg

What a great location, with road and that view! I hope your sister enjoys it. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

You're certainly correct to speak your mind, but listen to what others are saying as well.  I acquired a home in Pantelleria on Thursday, and abandoned it on Saturday.  That sort of pattern is typical of hoppers.  I abandoned it on the weekend specifically so a different population of refreshers would have a chance at a decent property in a "fresh, new, sparkly" region.  And the new owners certainly sounded delighted in chat. 

Hoppers do not remove houses from the pool; often they release them within a day or two.  Personally, I've tried to abandon homes outside of LL's working hours, to give others a chance.

What I am trying to say is that there is a wave of the same people hopping forward almost immediately, and by immediately, I mean after just acquiring  a home in a previous very recent release.  For instance, I saw some that received homes in Limevale and surrounding that were already stalking Kahuna, Axim, etc,  and have moved into a home there, either with an alt or themselves after abandoning.  I am just saying that if they stayed put for a bit, out of consideration, then us newcomers might have the chance to get at a new release. Their staying put might open up more "slots," so to speak, for those waiting for a new home. I am going to shut up now because you started this thread for another reason and my gripes don't belong here. ❤️ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

One of the things I've noticed is the odd need people feel to obtain a parcel in one of the newer new regions.

I think this is because of all the noise about the newer regions being prettier than the older ones, as the Moles have grown into their task.  It's not actually true; there are just as many gorgeous spots in the older regions as in the newer ones.  I think what people are referring to is that Moles have gotten more thorough at decoration, little garden spots and sitting places, but the older regions have some beautiful geography.

11 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Referring to parcels as "waste homes" and "unwanted" and "throwbacks"

I have seen that a couple of times, though not lately.  Certainly not in the last many pages of this thread.  It is rude, true. 

12 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I see a pretty clear way that the hoppers are keeping new people from getting homes. The constant refreshing 24/7 makes it harder for someone to get through the noise of that mess to get a parcel.

24/7?  I'm not sure how many folks are auto-refreshing at all anymore, it's like indentured servitude, and LL has successfully limited it to once a minute or less. And the rule has had an effect:  I see a LOT of folks in Belli chat nowadays rejoicing because they've finally gotten a home.

My advice: if you want a Belli home, sit down at random times, when you can, and do a few sets of manual refreshes, with relogs in between.  Then go about your life, unworried about Belli.   If you vary the times, you'll pick up  a parcel or two over time.   If you can, fit in a few sessions MWF between 10 and 11 SLT, and between 1 and 2:30.  Most weeks, there's one or two releases during those time slots.  You may hit either the release or the little rush of abandons that follow one.  Remember: when you hit that refresh button, you have the same chance of success as anyone else, at that moment.  It's a stochastic process.

The continent is filling up.  Everyone that gets a home is one less person looking for one, unless, as I said before, there are home "hoarders".  I don't know if anyone's actually doing that.

Once the campers drop, hundreds of folks will suddenly have new homes.  There will be huge churn of the traditional & houseboat homes.  That will be a terrific opportunity to pick up wonderful properties, any time of day.  With any luck, my partner and I will still be taking a time out from house hunting :)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would ju

12 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think this is because of all the noise about the newer regions being prettier than the older ones, as the Moles have grown into their task.  It's not actually true; there are just as many gorgeous spots in the older regions as in the newer ones.  I think what people are referring to is that Moles have gotten more thorough at decoration, little garden spots and sitting places, but the older regions have some beautiful geography.

I have seen that a couple of times, though not lately.  Certainly not in the last many pages of this thread.  It is rude, true. 

24/7?  I'm not sure how many folks are auto-refreshing at all anymore, it's like indentured servitude, and LL has successfully limited it to once a minute or less. And the rule has had an effect:  I see a LOT of folks in Belli chat nowadays rejoicing because they've finally gotten a home.

My advice: if you want a Belli home, sit down at random times, when you can, and do a few sets of manual refreshes, with relogs in between.  Then go about your life, unworried about Belli.   If you vary the times, you'll pick up  a parcel or two over time.   If you can, fit in a few sessions MWF between 10 and 11 SLT, and between 1 and 2:30.  Most weeks, there's one or two releases during those time slots.  You may hit either the release or the little rush of abandons that follow one.  Remember: when you hit that refresh button, you have the same chance of success as anyone else, at that moment.  It's a stochastic process.

The continent is filling up.  Everyone that gets a home is one less person looking for one, unless, as I said before, there are home "hoarders".  I don't know if anyone's actually doing that.

Once the campers drop, hundreds of folks will suddenly have new homes.  There will be huge churn of the traditional & houseboat homes.  That will be a terrific opportunity to pick up wonderful properties, any time of day.  With any luck, my partner and I will still be taking a time out from house hunting :)

I mostly refresh during releases, although I have refreshed on off times and have been lucky to acquire a home twice. However, when arriving, I could hardly move from the lag and/or a neighbor had a helicopter in their yard (which is unrealistic to me) or another home appeared to have activist stickers or posters on the exterior (also unrealistic to me), so I prefer to start fresh. Yes, I could run into these things in a new region, but I will just deal with them if they arise. :) 

Edited by AnnaelleJanvier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI for anyone who's looking... I've seen a ton of houses go by in the last few hours. No houseboats yet, though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mauritsss said:

Bwa a ton 😛 I saw 2... And they were gonne before I could even blink...

Good luck, just keep trying. I just saw another house and a houseboat a little bit ago. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:
2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Referring to parcels as "waste homes" and "unwanted" and "throwbacks"

I have seen that a couple of times, though not lately.  Certainly not in the last many pages of this thread.  It is rude, true. 

 

Just one page back, similar wording anyway, that pretty much means the same thing:

image.png.d52ea0ae319761a94ff3fe83c723f381.png

image.png.682be6d19f56f89590eb67ebeee4b1eb.png

And the previous page:

image.thumb.png.01a5912e6116548dd2d5494adce25cbd.png
 

There definitely is an attitude among some (old folks and new folks both) that only the newest is acceptable. 

I love my somewhat isolated spot, tucked away by a low mountain range, away from all of the waterways and beaches, and in one of the original released regions .

  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, I am extremely observant and I see what goes on. I saw a 5-day old alt arrive at their new home a few releases ago, and then that same alt was hovering over Axim on Friday.  Then lo and behold, that alt's owner acquired a home on another of their accounts.  Yes, I believe the abandon was done at release time on purpose.  Yes, it could backfire on them, but this time it did not.  Isn't the reason you don't abandon, during or around releases, to be considerate?

I've been in SL for a few years, on and off, but this flummoxes me. How do you know who is an alt and who is a main? Have I missed the memo on the secret handshake? Are newbies with Premium accounts prohibited from acquiring homes and then deciding to relinquish them? What alchemy assists someone with multiple accounts to obtain a Belli home for one account when their alt is hovering over a region? Inquiring minds want to know! From my own observations, the only 'advantage' one receives by hovering or standing in a region likely to be released is a heads up that it is re-starting... and there are a few of us (when looking to obtain a new home ourselves, or just trying to be helpful to others) who report restarts or Linden sightings asap here in this thread so that people can start refreshing. Your attribution of nefarious motives simply isn't supported by any evidence.

Personally, I just marvel at how many people seem to have multiple premium accounts!

 

Edited by Alumna Cornell
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

I mostly refresh during releases, although I have refreshed on off times and have been lucky to acquire a home twice. However, when arriving, I could hardly move from the lag and/or a neighbor had a helicopter in their yard (which is unrealistic to me) or another home appeared to have activist stickers or posters on the exterior (also unrealistic to me), so I prefer to start fresh. Yes, I could run into these things in a new region, but I will just deal with them if they arise. :) 

Do you consider yourself a hopper as well?  It seems you have given up homes to also get a home in the newer regions.   It seems your goal is newer regions not abandoned.   So I am not sure how you are different from the others who are trying to get a home in an area that works for them in the newer regions.  Would you be happy with an older region that met your needs or does it have to be one of the new ones?  Not criticizing I am just curious.

I do understand about lag cause I know for me, I need to be in an area where I am not boxed in by houses.   I don't deny that I have hopped around in order to get a parcel that has less lag because it has less houses or one with more landscaping as I prefer green instead of sand.  I don't even need ocean views , but I can admit that I am picky about the landscaping and some of the stuff around me.  Derender is my friend when it comes to items I don't want to look at.   I could even end up with lag issues again if Karma decides I have been a bad girl hopping around 😀.  Every region will eventually have the same issues of people putting out stuff that others think are unrealistic that will happen even if the region is new.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

Do you consider yourself a hopper as well?  It seems you have given up homes to also get a home in the newer regions.   It seems your goal is newer regions not abandoned.   So I am not sure how you are different from the others who are trying to get a home in an area that works for them in the newer regions.  Would you be happy with an older region that met your needs or does it have to be one of the new ones?  Not criticizing I am just curious.

I was about to ask that very same question. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abandoned a houseboat on Beluga Sound an hour or two ago.  Though the property is nice, has good open water access and is adjacent to land,  the first avie who got it abandoned it almost immediately, picky picky picky! 

I like the parcel and flirted with the idea of moving to it and abandoning my first houseboat, but letting this one go will allow me to let this alt go back to Basic, and also free up attention for the places we now have, including our downsized private land.  And I can back off from Premium on this otherwise inactive account.  That was the case with the other property I abandoned this weekend as well - an inactive alt that can now go back to Basic.

Aha!  The parcel was in maintenance when I began typing, but it's been picked up by ... if anyone remembers ... Honeybear!  Yay!  Love that it's going to someone who I know can have fun with it.

Sometimes I think there's really only about 100 active typists in SL *laughs*

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

Do you consider yourself a hopper as well?  It seems you have given up homes to also get a home in the newer regions.   It seems your goal is newer regions not abandoned.   So I am not sure how you are different from the others who are trying to get a home in an area that works for them in the newer regions.  Would you be happy with an older region that met your needs or does it have to be one of the new ones?  Not criticizing I am just curious.

I do understand about lag cause I know for me, I need to be in an area where I am not boxed in by houses.   I don't deny that I have hopped around in order to get a parcel that has less lag because it has less houses or one with more landscaping as I prefer green instead of sand.  I don't even need ocean views , but I can admit that I am picky about the landscaping and some of the stuff around me.  Derender is my friend when it comes to items I don't want to look at.   I could even end up with lag issues again if Karma decides I have been a bad girl hopping around 😀.  Every region will eventually have the same issues of people putting out stuff that others think are unrealistic that will happen even if the region is new.

Sigh...I give up.  I am not able to get across what I am trying to say, apparently.  Farewell, my lovelies.  Maybe one of you will become my neighbor. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem with a "gently used" home here! I got an abandon on an "older" new region and love it. I'll probably stay parked until the campers arrive.   

09908-56ff8930-1d3b-4f0b-a5ae-76e61e40a3

Edited by Hendrix Portal
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...