When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, zoot2012 said:

At the end of the day is all that effort worth it just to obtain a single property  in a virtual world? Frustrating as it is I'm sure sooner or later we'll all get one.

If they are getting in demand plots they can trade their abandon information (time they press the abandon button) Even though no one knows when or why houses go back into the land page some people are pretty intent on grabbing the plots and will do what they can to obtain a better chance even when it's pie in the sky - no one knows. It's totally wrong practice but I know it's happening - identifying demand and selling a hope. But then people do seem to feel that a plot becomes immediately available after abandon - is that true? which was the debate of this thread to start with I think....

Edited by Chloe Dolores

5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

In another hread - where it was about Bots mollesting Bellisserians - @Nika Talaj speculated that there might be people making premium- alts, getting them top plots ... just to sell the plot together with the alt! :( THAT would be sort of SL Mafia!!

I bet that is happening. Someone always finds a way to exploit the system. When all most of us want is a home to call our own - hopper or not 

• Like 4

I was refreshing for fun just now over lunch and saw two (possibly this one above!) traditionals come up. Took about six page refreshes each for them to disappear from the menu.  Longer than normal put it that way perhaps 30 seconds. 

...and more at 2pm UK time - 10 seconds each to disappear 

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

In another hread - where it was about Bots mollesting Bellisserians - @Nika Talaj speculated that there might be people making premium- alts, getting them top plots ... just to sell the plot together with the alt! :( THAT would be sort of SL Mafia!!

If such is happening, it is most definitely against the TOS, and hopefully said person(s) will be discovered and banned.

• Like 2

I can't EVEN!  Someone abandoned a home RIGHT at the time of Axim's release, and I think I know who it is because their alt was there watching for the restart. I am extremely observant, so I know who a couple alts belong to.  Yes, I finally got a home, but I had my eye on the new regions. Any section would be fine. I am not interested in moving into an old neighborhood, so I abandoned the one I received. I am noticing the same wave of people moving forward when they just acquired a home maybe one, two, four regions ago.  PLEASE put on the brakes and gives us newcomers a chance for the new stuff (wishful thinking).   And whoever you are that abandoned during the release, well played. 

Edited by AnnaelleJanvier
  • Haha 1

My alts house in Axim is not yet my dreamhome but not bad and you can see the sea from the balkony.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca14995f06cf3354aee791ced3cf4e1b.jpeg

So I will be giving up the houseboat I got on Wednesday in Kahuna ... and maybe another house with a canal at the backyard.

But for the reasons mentioned above - not muddle with the expected releases - I will abandon those on the weekend - and announce it here in time to get ready.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

My alts house in Axim is not yet my dreamhome but not bad and you can see the sea from the balkony.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca14995f06cf3354aee791ced3cf4e1b.jpeg

So I will be giving up the houseboat I got on Wednesday in Kahuna ... and maybe another house with a canal at the backyard.

But for the reasons mentioned above - not muddle with the expected releases - I will abandon those on the weekend - and announce it here in time to get ready.

I think you are safe from interfering with any releases until Monday.  :)  Congrats on your Axim home!  Although not your dream home, it has a nice mix of both worlds, sand and grass and that tease of the sea in the distance which is nice. Enjoy the breeze!  :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

I think you are safe from interfering with any releases until Monday.  :)

Are you sure?

It is only 10:00 am SLT and there have been double releases (even a triple) on Fridays ...

... plus Patch has been sighted in groupchat ;)

Here are the Friday- hours from the record I keep:

06:25
09:15
09:29
11:50
12:00
13:30

• Like 1

I will be releasing this houseboat tomorrow:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kahuna/74/126/22

The thing I do not like about it is the fact that if you want to face the SEA with your windows and balcony you can only use either the Windlass or the Barnacle. First I tested the Windlass with two different addons but neither inspired me how I could place my furniture there. Then I tried the Windlass. I do not like that either. First it has this unchangeable blue walls that you have to cover up if you don't like them. Then it has no upstairs room but only a long stair leading nowhere and a much too big upper deck.

I spent some hours yesterday to mend these bugs: I bought  those three addons and installed them:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BHD-Windlass-Interior-Wall-Addition/17320109

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/pixelWISE-Windlass-Room-Add-On-BOXED-mp/17598241

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Blushed-Living-Windlass-Add-on/17108488

I am still far from happy but think that is the optimum I can get out of the windlass. Why am I telling you that? If I abandon the place all will be gone but till then you have the chance to look at it as it is with the THREE addons and decide whether that would be a possibility for you to if you snatch it. As it is now I used 71 Li for the addons without furniture.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:
44 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

I think you are safe from interfering with any releases until Monday.  :)

Are you sure?

Definitely this. Never presume on the side of err. Even though I am map-watching the Trailers theme being built, even though I know they still have ten or more regions to even start on, I *still* auto-refresh my LL Home selection page. Partly because I am seeing how amazingly faster they are getting at constructing those regions and I also know that once the message is posted in @Patch Linden's "LL Homes News" page, they will already have been officially released and the mad rush will already be going strong.

I am taking the trigger-finger, always prepared Girl Scout approach. (Yes, "Always Prepared" is a Girl Scout motto first and the Boy Scouts stole it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Are you sure?

It is only 10:00 am SLT and there have been double releases (even a triple) on Fridays ...

... plus Patch has been sighted in groupchat ;)

Here are the Friday- hours from the record I keep:

06:25
09:15
12:00
13:30

I saw Patch this morning on Axim and then Derrick came in for the release. Are you saying they could come back later on and release another? I thought when they released more than one that it was within the same time frame, not scattered throughout the day.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

I saw Patch this morning on Axim and then Derrick came in for the release. Are you saying they could come back and release another? I thought when they released more than one that it was within the same time frame, not scattered throughout the day.

I am not sure. Maybe you are right. The triple release has been all in one. I do not remember if there ever have been two or more releases on one day at different times. I usually keep on refreshing aftzer a release has happened but maybe I could leave that out?

8 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I'm assuming nothing yet today?

Got busy in RL - new kitten at home, took her to the vet for a checkup, then playtime, then lunch, then more playtime, etc. :)

Then got distracted by other stuff at home. Suddenly was like - oops, it's Friday!

You are assumimg wrong. Axim has been released at 8:30 am SLT. We are just discussing whether or not there might be another release lateron.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am not sure. Maybe you are right. The triple release has been all in one. I do not remember if there ever have been two or more releases on one day at different times. I usually keep on refreshing aftzer a release has happened but maybe I could leave that out?

You are assumimg wrong. Axim has been released at 8:30 am SLT. We are just discussing whether or not there might be another release lateron.

Oh phooey. Ok thanks. I wasn't home anyway so would not have mattered. 

Too bad though, was at Axim on Wednesday hoping for it to be released with Kahuna - I really liked the look of that region quite a bit.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I will be releasing this houseboat tomorrow:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kahuna/74/126/22

The thing I do not like about it is the fact that if you want to face the SEA with your windows and balcony you can only use either the Windlass or the Barnacle. First I tested the Windlass with two different addons but neither inspired me how I could place my furniture there. Then I tried the Windlass. I do not like that either. First it has this unchangeable blue walls that you have to cover up if you don't like them. Then it has no upstairs room but only a long stair leading nowhere and a much too big upper deck.

I spent some hours yesterday to mend these bugs: I bought  those three addons and installed them:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BHD-Windlass-Interior-Wall-Addition/17320109

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/pixelWISE-Windlass-Room-Add-On-BOXED-mp/17598241

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Blushed-Living-Windlass-Add-on/17108488

I am still far from happy but think that is the optimum I can get out of the windlass. Why am I telling you that? If I abandon the place all will be gone but till then you have the chance to look at it as it is with the THREE addons and decide whether that would be a possibility for you to if you snatch it. As it is now I used 71 Li for the addons without furniture.

I  visited your Houseboat and I see what you mean. I have a houseboat a few spaces left from yours. I altered 2 of the builds you used and purchased a paint kit too. I'm using the Windlass for the same reason you did.  I'm so grateful to get a boat, I'm sticking with this one.

• Like 2

I have been trying for months to get one of the new houses I don't care which just one of the new ones i hate the old A-frame house I am stuck with the sim I am on there's maybe five of the houses in use while the rest of the houses around us are all abandoned. It shouldn't take this bloody long for them to roll out new houses. Because literally all they have to do is go through the old premium sims like the four that are around me that are completely empty and delete them to make room for the new ones.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FyreRose said:

I have been trying for months to get one of the new houses I don't care which just one of the new ones i hate the old A-frame house I am stuck with the sim I am on there's maybe five of the houses in use while the rest of the houses around us are all abandoned. It shouldn't take this bloody long for them to roll out new houses. Because literally all they have to do is go through the old premium sims like the four that are around me that are completely empty and delete them to make room for the new ones.

LL has already explained why they are not creating the new ones in the old LL home areas.  Harder to try to retrofit things than just create new.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL has already explained why they are not creating the new ones in the old LL home areas.  Harder to try to retrofit things than just create new.

I didn't mean they put them in the old areas I mean they need to start going through and deleting the old ones so they aren't a draw on the system they are just sitting there empty a literal draw and drain on the system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.