When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems to me that they are popping up more often over the last one to two weeks from what I see in the group chat and here on the forum. I remember the days where I would refresh for hours and hours and see nothing for days on end. Now they are reported seen more often and better yet announced before they are abandoned either here or in the group (not that they are always available right away after being abandoned) giving people a chance to click with disregard to the refresh limit for short bursts. I don't know how many premium account holders are still trying to get that first home but the number must surely be dropping rather quickly. I don't currently have a horse in the refresh race but it's still a bit interesting to stay in touch with it... specially when you see people grab that first one.....

• Like 4

I have a friend who has been trying - off and on - since the middle of May. She has seen the option appear, but never seems to be able to complete the transaction in time. I suspect she's on a slower connection than most. It has to be frustrating but she has been very patient. Meanwhile, I invite her over to my place! :) 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Dicey Monday said:

I have a friend who has been trying - off and on - since the middle of May. She has seen the option appear, but never seems to be able to complete the transaction in time. I suspect she's on a slower connection than most. It has to be frustrating but she has been very patient. Meanwhile, I invite her over to my place! :) 

exactly my situation.  I still would never trade life on the farm, but slow internet here.  Haven't been trying since May though, so no complaints

Edited by Nikki Mathieson
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

exactly my situation.  I still would never trade life on the farm, but slow internet here.  Haven't been trying since May though, so no complaints

It is possible to get one of these Homes just by signing into your account, to the land page at the right time a release or abandon happens.  It does take practice on the old theme pages to get through the transaction faster.  Wait on the land page for moments.  Pre-name the Home. 5 letters. Choose Next. The terms page for the old theme Homes is the same for a new Belli Home. Practice putting checkmark in that box. Then go back and try it again. Refresh manually if you can 1:10 or 1:20.  If a release happens keep refreshing 20 minutes for abandons to show up. I don't think the problem is internet speed.  I refreshed on my cell phone, wifi connection. I missed on so many regions passed me by. I was lucky to get a great location. Stay with it, the timing could be right one day.

Some think campers will take home and houseboat owners.  Then getting a Home will be easier. Only if Patch Team and Moles release campers all at one large time. Many will try it that way. I won't , so we will see.  Give this your time, keep reading here. Lucky happens! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

It is possible to get one of these Homes just by signing into your account, to the land page at the right time a release or abandon happens.  It does take practice on the old theme pages to get through the transaction faster.  Wait on the land page for moments.  Pre-name the Home. 5 letters. Choose Next. The terms page for the old theme Homes is the same for a new Belli Home. Practice putting checkmark in that box. Then go back and try it again. Refresh manually if you can 1:10 or 1:20.  If a release happens keep refreshing 20 minutes for abandons to show up. I don't think the problem is internet speed.  I refreshed on my cell phone, wifi connection. I missed on so many regions passed me by. I was lucky to get a great location. Stay with it, the timing could be right one day.

Some think campers will take home and houseboat owners.  Then getting a Home will be easier. Only if Patch Team and Moles release campers all at one large time. Many will try it that way. I won't , so we will see.  Give this your time, keep reading here. Lucky happens! 

Thank you very much for that helpful advice and encouragement.  I have been lucky before and let it go to take care of my workload.  I will be lucky again and now I know some tricks to getting closer to it.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Only thing I notice about the pickle is that contrary to older seashore regions there is little common ground to enjoy the seashore only houses direchtly at it - nice for the people who own those ... not so nice for the others in the second or third row. Near my first (and still favourite) Seashore home there is lots of nice places for everyone to enjoy the sea ... examples ...

HomeO01Pool by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

HomeO01Boats by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

HomeO01Beach by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

7 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

..... Whereas in Gadhaire houses seem to occupy the shore and yesterday I looked in Axim for a place to sit at the seashore and I finally found two but not very nice and rather far from my house:

(pics removed)

Just now I checked in Cahaire and as usuall the seashore looks like THIS ..

My bet is they were trying to put out more homes on the beach because plenty of folks were asking for such.  There was no way to do that without drastically shrinking the sizes of the public parts of the beach.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Folks are saying inworld that Patch mentioned that the 700-plus boats in the first houseboat release took 7 minutes total to go, distributed over the half-hour-long releases.

For the very first release on April 15th took roughly 12 hours for all of the houseboats to be gone and just shy of 48 hours for all of the Houses to be taken.  That release was around 2300 total Houses and Houseboats, but we never got a firm answer on exactly how many of each - and nobody felt like counting.  We were given, I think, approx 24 hours notice on that one.

The second release was the Squishy Pickle and consisted of 709 Houseboats.  We were initially given a 24-hour notice and then given somewhere from 30-60 minutes notice before that release and they were all snapped up in 7 minutes.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Are you going to create 5 more Premiums for the additional 5 themes that we know will be coming?  :D   Patch did say "at least 8 themes", so there might be even more after that.

I can't afford any more premiums, I had these before I even knew about Bellisseria, for donating land. And when the new themes come, I'll just go with what I like best I guess. I'm excited/dreading seeing what the future holds!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AveryWitt said:

Seems to me that they are popping up more often over the last one to two weeks from what I see in the group chat and here on the forum.

Maybe more folks are abandoning early in hopes that the Camper/Trailer release is coming really soon.  

In looking at the SSP area, my guess on the Camper/Trailer release is that it will be closer to the end of the month or even mid-Oct, depending on how much of the area they are looking to complete before releasing anything.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AveryWitt said:

Seems to me that they are popping up more often over the last one to two weeks from what I see in the group chat and here on the forum

yes, that is what is happening.  Week on week the total number of homes is getting larger so more scope for people to abandon and try for another location.  Is still a few months away (at current build rate) yet but the time will come when there are sufficient homes for people to get one when they want

then there are others like me who are sitting out and waiting for a trailer. Who don't try to take a houseboat or traditional in the meantime from those who do actually want one

This morning I made coffee and somewhere around 6:30 am SL time logged in and brought up the Land page and it had a Bellisseria house on it!  I fumbled around typing in a parcel name then had to make the window bigger to check the terms box and I got the house even though I was very slow.  Logged into SL and chat said they just released new region Cat-hair lol.  My new house is an abandon in an older region, set on a hill, directly overlooking the ocean (and a couple houseboats fairly far below) with a lighthouse view, and if I crank up the draw distance I can see the fairgrounds!  The yard is green and looks easy to landscape.  It is everything I was hoping for in a location, with a killer ocean view, so I abandoned my previous house a few hours later (this is my 3rd house location since April, so I am a mild house hopper using an old premium alt lol).   Bonus: the daily 4 pm boat parade goes right by the new location :D   Anyway, to those still looking for a house, keep looking and someday the timing will be just right!

• Like 15

Hi, all! 

As I believe that this comment below was referring to me, since I am the one who acquired Chloe's beach house, I had to comment about it.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:23 PM, AnnaelleJanvier said:

Just like the 5-abandon limit, I think it would be nice if LL could institute a 5-day (okay, maybe 3) wait before you can abandon a home in a new region, if that were at all possible. I was going to say a wait for all abandons, but then if you pick up an abandon in an old neighborhood, you would have to sit and wait with something you didn't like.  I dunno.  It's nice of you to admit you are a house hopper, and I have picked you out as one of my favorites on this thread, but there are some dirty players and I fell prey to their dirty little trick of abandoning precisely at release time. That reminds me, the person who acquired your beach home seems to have not touched it yet (?) and then a couple days later, I noticed them picking up a houseboat on a new region with an alt. Sigh.  Let me in, please! :P 

Hello, AnnaelleJanvier.

1. I didn't know I had a time to decorate my house. 🤔 FYI, it took me almost two months to have my houseboat fully decorated. I like to build and research a lot for my houses. Also, Second Life is not my full time life, most of my free time dispensed in SL are on weekends. So, it will be ready when it is ready. I'll let you know when I'm done. In fact, I don't have to, because you already check it regularly, right? 😉

2. I am wondering how you concluded that an avatar that got a houseboat on the day you said is mine. 🤔 I think you should review your techniques to identify an alt because I believe that you're a bit confused. I didn't get any houseboat that week. I still have my lovely houseboat since first release and don't wanna move to any other. So, please, be more specific instead of making empty assumptions and I'll be more than happy to clear this out.

Honestly, I think you could invest your energy in positivity on your (second) life, instead of stalking people, creating theories based on speculations and spreading your assumptions like it was true to ease your frustrations. Of course you are free to do whatever you want with your free time, but this is just a tip. 😉

I believe that once you acquired a home of your liking, all of this will vanish. And I really hope from the bottom of my heart that you'll get your dream house soon and be very happy. ❤️

• Like 10

A second post.

So, because of that AnnaelleJanvier's comment, I read some previous comments in this thread and realized that the fact that I had got the house at Light of Aurelia 2 Sundays ago may have raised doubts in some people. 

In the topic, I'll try to give a brief background about me. I'm just an average user like most of you here, I believe. I used to live on a houseboat, but beach houses have always caught my eye. When Light of Aurelia was first released,  I tried to get a house in there, but I ended up with a house at Everett. Then, after catch and release a couple of other houses, one at Pearl Coast and other at Beluga Sound, I decided to stop and wait for more beach houses to be released. However when I read that Chloe was about to abandon her beach house, I thought that it was easier to try to get a house with a time to be abandoned, instead of passing through all the anxiety and uncertainty of a release day.

So, near Chloe's scheduled time, I was logged with my alt on my PC and 2 phones and was refreshing them manually with the house pre-named. I didn't have a big operation ready with dozen of avatars logged on high end computers auto refreshing just to get a virtual house.

In the end, I believe it was all luck. Luck to have checked the forum on the Saturday before (I'm a sporadic reader of the forum, so I was luck to have checked in time) and read Chloe's comment about the scheduled abandon, luck to have Chloe really abandoning it at the exactly time she said (really thank you for that, Chloe, it was very generous from you), luck to have the house back to the pool right after the abandon and luck to press the button at the right time.

Once I got the house, I came here and liked the posts of those who congratulated me, but maybe I should have said a few words, presented myself and shared all my excitement with you. Sorry for that.

Anyway, some people have talked to me in world, and my IM is still open to anyone. Feel free to come by and say hello.

Best of luck for those who are still looking for a house and take care.

PS: sorry for any typos, used google translate on most of the text.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Malayaa said:

My new house is an abandon in an older region, set on a hill, directly overlooking the ocean (and a couple houseboats fairly far below) with a lighthouse view, and if I crank up the draw distance I can see the fairgrounds!  The yard is green and looks easy to landscape

Sounds sooo beautiful!  We'll need pictures when you have it all set up!  Congrats & hugs!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.