When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, ZaylaMalisa said:

Once I got the house, I came here and liked the posts of those who congratulated me, but maybe I should have said a few words, presented myself and shared all my excitement with you. Sorry for that.

It's a shame that the suspicious minds of a very few make people feel they have to explain how they got a home!

Congratulations on your new beach home, and enjoy. :)

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, ZaylaMalisa said:

1. I didn't know I had a time to decorate my house. 🤔 FYI, it took me almost two months to have my houseboat fully decorated

I have had my house since April 15th, initial release day, and my houseboat since whatever day it was that they released the Squishy Pickle and neither of them are still fully decorated.  Hell, both of them are only barely decorated, more unfinished than finished. I change my mind a lot; put stuff out and take it back up, rinse, repeat.  Plus I have many other things that I enjoy doing in SL and so often there just isn't enough time for everything.............. you know, because of that thing called RL.

However, they are my homes and I'll finish them up when I finish them up --- and I most definitely do not give a rat's patootie what anyone else thinks about it.

So, you take all the time you want!!

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have had my house since April 15th, initial release day, and my houseboat since whatever day it was that they released the Squishy Pickle and neither of them are still fully decorated.  Hell, both of them are only barely decorated, more unfinished than finished. I change my mind a lot; put stuff out and take it back up, rinse, repeat.  Plus I have many other things that I enjoy doing in SL and so often there just isn't enough time for everything.............. you know, because of that thing called RL.

However, they are my homes and I'll finish them up when I finish them up --- and I most definitely do not give a rat's patootie what anyone else thinks about it.

So, you take all the time you want!!

I'm another one that takes their time decorating.  Sometimes I get halfway done and change my mind on the style of decor and house I want to use.  Not sure why people think it is their business on how fast others decorate their homes.  People are under no obligation to even decorate their home and they certainly don't owe others an explanation on why their house sits empty.  It just boggles my mind.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, PatriciaAnne Daviau said:

I have never seen anything popup and have been on for hours at a time.  I guess my timing is just  bad!

It will happen - I was on more than usual during UK time yesterday - only one boat spotted but several houses went through. A mixture of auto and manual methods. ALways check that drop down!! I know it sounds easy from someone who catches things often but I also miss thing often as well and see nothing for ages. I know the disheartened feeling of ....nothing!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ZaylaMalisa said:

A second post.

So, because of that AnnaelleJanvier's comment, I read some previous comments in this thread and realized that the fact that I had got the house at Light of Aurelia 2 Sundays ago may have raised doubts in some people. 

In the topic, I'll try to give a brief background about me. I'm just an average user like most of you here, I believe. I used to live on a houseboat, but beach houses have always caught my eye. When Light of Aurelia was first released,  I tried to get a house in there, but I ended up with a house at Everett. Then, after catch and release a couple of other houses, one at Pearl Coast and other at Beluga Sound, I decided to stop and wait for more beach houses to be released. However when I read that Chloe was about to abandon her beach house, I thought that it was easier to try to get a house with a time to be abandoned, instead of passing through all the anxiety and uncertainty of a release day.

So, near Chloe's scheduled time, I was logged with my alt on my PC and 2 phones and was refreshing them manually with the house pre-named. I didn't have a big operation ready with dozen of avatars logged on high end computers auto refreshing just to get a virtual house.

In the end, I believe it was all luck. Luck to have checked the forum on the Saturday before (I'm a sporadic reader of the forum, so I was luck to have checked in time) and read Chloe's comment about the scheduled abandon, luck to have Chloe really abandoning it at the exactly time she said (really thank you for that, Chloe, it was very generous from you), luck to have the house back to the pool right after the abandon and luck to press the button at the right time.

Once I got the house, I came here and liked the posts of those who congratulated me, but maybe I should have said a few words, presented myself and shared all my excitement with you. Sorry for that.

Anyway, some people have talked to me in world, and my IM is still open to anyone. Feel free to come by and say hello.

Best of luck for those who are still looking for a house and take care.

PS: sorry for any typos, used google translate on most of the text.

GLAD YOU LIKE IT!!!!

I got a lot of attention for having that parcel and lots of messages both genuinely happy for me and also the passive aggressive sort. I was assuming you were just waiting out until the attention faded a bit!! There ARE some very serious players in Bellisseria so I feel that speculation about a popular parcel was unfortunately inevitable. 

When I got it during release I was nice to everyone who chatted but ultimately no one has claim over a parcel until they legit land it. I landed it by using my own method (incidentally it does not involve being inworld, standing around parcels, spotting Lindens on the map, watching for restarts or any of that), luck of the draw and being able to put 6 whole hours into being at the land page that day. And there were other regions released exactly the same time so it really could have been any parcel for me as well.  

I hoped to make it easier for someone announcing a time on a Sunday which would make a clear for all fair "try". Reading that you have managed to get a home by using the info I gave out is pretty awesome news. I left because I preferred my HB on the other side of the lighthouse and I only want one home and I found that seasons were harder to observe on sandy beaches! Simple reasoning. I would not keep it just because it was popular. 

Now you have it and love it. And I don't miss it. Win Win!!!!

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 9

41 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

I'm another one that takes their time decorating.  Sometimes I get halfway done and change my mind on the style of decor and house I want to use.  Not sure why people think it is their business on how fast others decorate their homes.  People are under no obligation to even decorate their home and they certainly don't owe others an explanation on why their house sits empty.  It just boggles my mind.

Hopefully I don't annoy my neighbours with the amount of times I decorate, clear, change HB style, build some new add ons, decorate, clear then change HB style. Again! .......I think this is how that Submarine was able to plonk itself on my parcel .....😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Only thing I notice about the pickle is that contrary to older seashore regions there is little common ground to enjoy the seashore only houses direchtly at it - nice for the people who own those ... not so nice for the others in the second or third row. Near my first (and still favourite) Seashore home there is lots of nice places for everyone to enjoy the sea ... examples ...

32696200397_d814c6d32a_b.jpg
HomeO01Pool by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

That IS really nice, what region is it?

I don't see anything that nice along the East coast of the pickle, so far.  Pantelleria's coastline LOOKS as if the residential plots go all the way to the water.   Furball (er, Cadhaire) differs in that it has little sitting spots for 1-3 people  and a few floatie rezzers along the shoreline.  On the houseboat atoll on Alala (love that region name!), there is this odd little sitting area right near a cute boat garage.

alala.thumb.JPG.852b94762787d0d33a620be561faf678.JPG

Alcoholics Anonymous?  Friends services?  HOA housebeet meetings? Drinking game?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Just got a house in Learmont  - an abandoned - doesn't look good on the map 

Will probably abandon soon.

PS :looked at it inlandish - no waterviewe - will abandon in 7 minutes at 7:00 SLT

image.thumb.jpeg.fb866f3e131aa5830388c450a83c2885.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.426b3e0b9443993b8e61de87f01ac180.jpeg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Learmont/236/202/54

PS: DONE abadoned 7:00 SLT

And GONE!! instantanously!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My bet is they were trying to put out more homes on the beach because plenty of folks were asking for such.  There was no way to do that without drastically shrinking the sizes of the public parts of the beach.

Well if you leave ONE homespace on the beach out and fill it with some public chairs and towels you have ONE person less that is happy to own a beachhouse but make 15 more people happy who live in that region in second or third row plus add some charm and normality and beachy feeling to the region.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well if you leave ONE homespace on the beach out and fill it with some public chairs and towels you have ONE person less that is happy to own a beachhouse but make 15 more people happy who live in that region in second or third row plus add some charm and normality and beachy feeling to the region.

If you go along the Pantelleria coastline, it's kind of cute that many of the homeowners have put places to sit right on the edge of their parcels facing the ocean, a clear invitation to passersby to relax by the beach.

I like Furball (er, Cadhaire) a lot.  The moles have provided seats, towels, and floaties all along the coastline.  And altho there is no rezzone, you can jump your boat into open water at the Northern end of the coastline.  There is a small section of deep water opposite the very tip of the Alala atoll, so that if you keep 32 or so LI free on your parcel, you can jump your boat there (using the boat teleporter), and be immediately in open sea.

p.s. I bet there will be one heck of a recreation area down at the southern tip of the pickle, SSPE271 or thereabouts.  Just a guess.

Edited by Nika Talaj
p.s.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Not a bad spot at all - what time approximately are you planning to abandon that?

I was planning on doing it at about 9.40AM SLT, I'm just worried about releasing during a release haha ><

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

What does he say? Any oracle - hints?

Not many hints, the conversation has been about trains XD 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.