When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How disappointing!! Was refreshing since hours! 

I got ONE alarm - saw one house 11:48 SLT - didn't get it as usual ...

didn't feel like anything more than an abandoned ... and Pantelleria was my favourite region!

I hoped they would release one after the other from west to east ... and Pantelleria Friday earliest. :(

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

How disappointing!! Was refreshing since hours! 

I got ONE alarm - saw one house 11:48 SLT - didn't get it as usual ...

didn't feel like anything more than an abandoned ... and Pantelleria was my favourite region!

I hoped they would release one after the other from west to east ... and Pantelleria Friday earliest. :(

It is something.. Thursday release and jumping Axim region.

Welcome to Bellis Community Pantellerians!

Edited by Shield Markus
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Niki Somersley said:

So want to upgrade my main as I am kinda worried about letting go of the Kahuna place I got lol! I want to try for River run so bad  though 🤔

just buy the upgrade for a month..... you can try and if you get something great you can just renew for longer after... If you miss out don't renew....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Niki Somersley said:

So want to upgrade my main as I am kinda worried about letting go of the Kahuna place I got lol! I want to try for River run so bad  though 🤔

After reading this and others like it as well as watching what's going on, it makes me think that it would be great if they could do larger releases. I have not been able to get a house yet and have been trying for about a month. I work at home, so I am able to stick around to refresh and hang in world to see what's going on during the day on most days, so I think I should have gotten something by now, but I think what might be keeping me out is those of you who are looking ahead for another home with an alt or are not quite sure you want to stay where you are, or are looking for something better.  If they did larger releases, I think there would be a better chance for those of us without a home yet to grab something as well as those who want to move on from what they already have. With the single releases, we might be getting squeezed out by alts and those of you moving on to another home. I am not at all complaining about any of you, and I am genuinely excited for you when you seem to find something you like. I just think larger releases would be a great help. I know the Lindens and Moles can only work so fast and larger releases may not be possible, but I just had to vent my wishful thinking, I guess. :)❤️ 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

After reading this and others like it as well as watching what's going on, it makes me think that it would be great if they could do larger releases. I have not been able to get a house yet and have been trying for about a month. I work at home, so I am able to stick around to refresh and hang in world to see what's going on during the day on most days, so I think I should have gotten something by now, but I think what might be keeping me out is those of you who are looking ahead for another home with an alt or are not quite sure you want to stay where you are, or are looking for something better.  If they did larger releases, I think there would be a better chance for those of us without a home yet to grab something as well as those who want to move on from what they already have. With the single releases, we might be getting squeezed out by alts and those of you moving on to another home. I am not at all complaining about any of you, and I am genuinely excited for you when you seem to find something you like. I just think larger releases would be a great help. I know the Lindens and Moles can only work so fast and larger releases may not be possible, but I just had to vent my wishful thinking, I guess. :)❤️ 

No issues  with that opinion to me. They recently released 3 regions on a Friday, Light of Aurelia, Everett and Jefferson Park. That's the most recently for anyone to get homes. No houseboats in that release.

The Patch Team and Moles are talented, capable, but tech issues can happen to delay releases.  Why did they jump over Axim region today? Thursday releases happen but not often.  Do we expect another region on Friday? It's cool to change up days and times, to release.   The new regions offer more oppurtunity in days and weeks ahead. 

Whether some use alts has been discussed in many conversations.  When you know how to use the land page, confident in your ways, it's more fun to compete against alts. One day you may get a Home people really admire that you have it. It's possible to decorate any home or houseboat regardless of the location.

Stay ready since you have the time to watch this forum and to be inworld.  Just signing into your account, one day a house or houseboat could be there on the land page for you to get. Not everyone of these homes and houseboats are won only with refreshing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shield Markus said:

No issues  with that opinion to me. They recently released 3 regions on a Friday, Light of Aurelia, Everett and Jefferson Park. That's the most recently for anyone to get homes. No houseboats in that release.

The Patch Team and Moles are talented, capable, but tech issues can happen to delay releases.  Why did they jump over Axim region today? Thursday releases happen but not often.  Do we expect another region on Friday? It's cool to change up days and times, to release.   The new regions offer more oppurtunity in days and weeks ahead. 

Whether some use alts has been discussed in many conversations.  When you know how to use the land page, confident in your ways, it's more fun to compete against alts. One day you may get a Home people really admire that you have it. It's possible to decorate any home or houseboat regardless of the location.

Stay ready since you have the time to watch this forum and to be inworld.  Just signing into your account, one day a house or houseboat could be there on the land page for you to get. Not everyone of these homes and houseboats are won only with refreshing.

I am a patient person, but I wish they would make the terms box a little bigger. Ha.

Edited by AnnaelleJanvier
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

I usually don't have the convenience to be home to look when a release happens, but I am off work now due to a pending surgery.  I was actually at the hospital when kahuna happened, I just randomly pulled up the forum on my phone to see if anything was happening with the releases and there was, however I had no idea which region. So I logged on to the land page and got lucky. I have just got this avatar on premium and have only used this one to look for a house. I will most likely stay where I am though and leave it with one premium account. Still waiting on my mailbox to be fixed though lol. I do hope you find a place soon though, they are all good places to work with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

I am a patient person, but I wish they would make the terms box a little bigger. Ha.

I had the same issue, actually hitting the terms page link that sent me away from the land page a few times.  Practice on that terms page often with the old theme homes.  Your first Bellis home probably will feel like your slow then surprise you got it.    Some have suffered on the land page for months and it's a shout or actual tears of happiness they did it.  This process is not to hurt people from getting a home.   

Edited by Shield Markus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Niki Somersley said:

I usually don't have the convenience to be home to look when a release happens, but I am off work now due to a pending surgery.  I was actually at the hospital when kahuna happened, I just randomly pulled up the forum on my phone to see if anything was happening with the releases and there was, however I had no idea which region. So I logged on to the land page and got lucky. I have just got this avatar on premium and have only used this one to look for a house. I will most likely stay where I am though and leave it with one premium account. Still waiting on my mailbox to be fixed though lol. I do hope you find a place soon though, they are all good places to work with. 

Ooo, very good timing!  Sorry to hear about pending surgery. Best wishes and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

The only problem with big releases is that they might happen just once and you only get one chance, then you might have to wait a few more months for another one.  This way if they are releasing them 2 - 3 times a week,  people have other days and times they can try to get one so your chances go up.  And it seems pointless to have the houses just sit there for months and months (I am just guessing at how long) .

Personally I have found it much easier to get a house that someone abandons.  If you are at your computer for a certain length of time you can just put on auto refresh and see what you get.   Sometimes I have gotten lucky and sometimes not.

There is no way for certain to tell if the alts are getting all the new releases but I do doubt it.  I have an alt and out of all the releases they have done I got lucky once.  Most people that do use an alt to get a better location give it up as soon as they see it is not for them so it goes back in the pool. 

I do hope that you get a home soon :).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

People with alts are in the click draw same as everyone and if they don't click fast enough they don't get a home. It's possible to improve how quickly you navigate the page and it's possible to develop a method for guessing regions but it's still all guessing. And clicking and speed of your connection for the receipt to go through etc

Also purpose of an alt for me personally was to have one home owner and one seeker (only one home at a time) so there were a lot of abandons. I'm incredibly happy with my boat now and it's last week of my alt and she's homeless about to get a downgrade. It's similar for anyone else who wanted to really see what was out there in Bellisseria. 

The land page might change its navigation structure and then this would throw people I'm sure - changing the UI / UX or suddenly without warning popping new home choices up on it - little changes like this would take everyone time to adjust because your eyes and brain and reflexes all atune to the current method - refresh, drop down, next, box, go! Clicking for homes at the moment is a pattern and success is a combination of mind, body, availability and Internet speed! Just my thoughts! 

*** also... Some have been very lucky to get a home in a location that is suited to them in their first attempt. Some of those early releases were uniquely located and I can see why you have never wanted to change that ***

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like karynmaria mentioned I noticed also that people gave up their place for some reasons all over the day. And it is easier to get an abondan as a new release one.
I also got an abandon houseboat in a region that is not so popular (Bilgewater). and I was not sooo lucky at first.
But after I was there a few days and then compared with the newer regions (e.g. Kahuna I found was very nice)
I decided that my place is the better one for me. I like the nice view and the feeling on this little island.

I also have only 1 premium and the risk would be too high for me (and my nerves )😉. Maybe in a few weeks/months I`ll play lottery again, who knows.

If you follow the advices I am sure you will quickly find a nice home.
There often came up beautiful places during the day and I hope you will find a nice home soon :)

Be prepared- because I was so surprised as I read Bellisserian the first time on the page I almost did not react (state of shock ). And I saw a house AND a boat and had to dial fast.
And for the next times, because the Agreement Button is so small, I made the website much bigger for me to have a chance to click very fast.

Edited by Moe McAlpine
type
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Only for people playing the game. Some just want a Linden Home and don't wish to be forced to compete against the game players. 

People might not want to compete, some do. It's called freedom of choice. Some people don't wish to be forced to stay in a property they don't like either. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

People might not want to compete, some do. It's called freedom of choice. Some people don't wish to be forced to stay in a property they don't like either. 

Aurelia taught me that we are all competing against some pretty serious, silent players as well - far from forum eyes but lurking all the same. There are some really focused groups of people probably with several dozen alts each and many machines running at the same time. Those people are perhaps on an entirely bigger scale than us with the hopping bug!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Aurelia taught me that we are all competing against some pretty serious, silent players as well - far from forum eyes but lurking all the same. There are some really focused groups of people probably with several dozen alts each and many machines running at the same time. Those people are perhaps on an entirely bigger scale than us with the hopping bug!

At the end of the day is all that effort worth it just to obtain a single property  in a virtual world? Frustrating as it is I'm sure sooner or later we'll all get one.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.