When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am not sure. Maybe you are right. The triple release has been all in one. I do not remember if there ever have been two or more releases on one day at different times. I usually keep on refreshing aftzer a release has happened but maybe I could leave that out?

I can answer that myself now: I looked at my Excel files sorted them per date and found:

From the 15.th July (when I started the table) up to now there have been two double releases and one triple release but allways at the same time. Never has there been a second release on the same day. So the only reason to keep up refreshing AFTER a release has happened is to watch for abandoned LHs ... people who were not happy with the home they have been given. But that can happen ANY time.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I'm assuming nothing yet today?

Got busy in RL - new kitten at home, took her to the vet for a checkup, then playtime, then lunch, then more playtime, etc. :)

Then got distracted by other stuff at home. Suddenly was like - oops, it's Friday!

Kittens are way more important anyway 👍🐱 heheh

• Like 5

8 hours ago, FyreRose said:

I didn't mean they put them in the old areas I mean they need to start going through and deleting the old ones so they aren't a draw on the system they are just sitting there empty a literal draw and drain on the system.

The old homes have no impact on the speed of producing the new homes. Eventually, they'll delete the old homes because they're outdated and there are new homes. At the moment there aren't enough new homes to go around, so it'd just add to the problem if they made all the remaining residents homeless. It'd simply mean more people refreshing the house page.

In other words, if they deleted all the old homes today, it'd make it harder to get a new home. It wouldn't make it easier.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mauritsss said:

are there houses free at the moment, somebody that knows that? Or still not really much on the market? :)

I wonder if maybe "24/7 abandons" will become "just before a release abandons". Plenty of houses I refreshed through on Friday just before Friday release but then - quiet - at least for me in my time zone and I'm just spotting atm. It would seem the fairest way to stop myself and fellow hoppers hopping - LL are doing this fairly and working quickly to meet the demand - building sympathetically to what people are looking for - but with so much speculation the easy thing to redress balance may be to do the above. Guess work on my end again - time will tell. 😁

On 9/6/2019 at 12:15 PM, Chloe Dolores said:

If they are getting in demand plots they can trade their abandon information (time they press the abandon button) Even though no one knows when or why houses go back into the land page some people are pretty intent on grabbing the plots and will do what they can to obtain a better chance even when it's pie in the sky - no one knows. It's totally wrong practice but I know it's happening - identifying demand and selling a hope. But then people do seem to feel that a plot becomes immediately available after abandon - is that true? which was the debate of this thread to start with I think....

It can be true sometimes ... and other times not.

I would never DREAM of "selling" (trading) the information when exactly I abandon a home. Usually I would announce it here but two times I tried to let a friend (actually just an online acquaintance) have it (one of these occaisons was the houseboat I abandoned yesterday) and two times a friend tried to let ME have a home SHE abandoned ... all of these came to nothing!

Though we fixed an exact second to abandon and the receiver refreshed like mad ... nothing!

Either it was gone at ONCE (to someone else) or it got stuck in the pipeline for minutes ... even hours ... and then someone else snatched it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I wonder if maybe "24/7 abandons" will become "just before a release abandons". Plenty of houses I refreshed through on Friday just before Friday release but then - quiet - at least for me in my time zone and I'm just spotting atm....

That would be rather akward for when you refesh waiting for a pending release you feel absolutely fooled if instead (in the worst case at the critical phase when it happens) you get someone elses wastehome. If I abandon I try to do it AFTER the release or on weekends.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That would be rather akward for when you refesh waiting for a pending release you feel absolutely fooled if instead (in the worst case at the critical phase when it happens) you get someone elses wastehome. If I abandon I try to do it AFTER the release or on weekends.

It's all just wondering really! I have not seen your boat nor anyone else's this weekend though - only THEY know! That's the fun of it! Would make it super awkward I agree but still - trying to please everyone is super awkward job!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I wonder if maybe "24/7 abandons" will become "just before a release abandons". Plenty of houses I refreshed through on Friday just before Friday release but then - quiet - at least for me in my time zone and I'm just spotting atm. It would seem the fairest way to stop myself and fellow hoppers hopping - LL are doing this fairly and working quickly to meet the demand - building sympathetically to what people are looking for - but with so much speculation the easy thing to redress balance may be to do the above. Guess work on my end again - time will tell. 😁

Just like the 5-abandon limit, I think it would be nice if LL could institute a 5-day (okay, maybe 3) wait before you can abandon a home in a new region, if that were at all possible. I was going to say a wait for all abandons, but then if you pick up an abandon in an old neighborhood, you would have to sit and wait with something you didn't like.  I dunno.  It's nice of you to admit you are a house hopper, and I have picked you out as one of my favorites on this thread, but there are some dirty players and I fell prey to their dirty little trick of abandoning precisely at release time. That reminds me, the person who acquired your beach home seems to have not touched it yet (?) and then a couple days later, I noticed them picking up a houseboat on a new region with an alt. Sigh.  Let me in, please! :P 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am one of the "absolutely fooled," and I appreciate your consideration in this situation. :)❤️ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shield Markus said:

Monday River Run region possibly released? 

I like above the road elevation Home locations and now below the road  water views Home location.  Very Well done Moles! 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/River Run/143/116/37

Snapshot 1_001.png

Snapshot 1_002.png

Shhh. This is not helpful. You are just instigating the home hoppers. This is MY home!  LOL.  It's the first time I have actually looked around at the homes and spotted one I like. I usually avoid that so I won't be disappointed if I get something else, but I haven't even gotten something else yet.  One day...  :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

Just like the 5-abandon limit, I think it would be nice if LL could institute a 5-day (okay, maybe 3) wait before you can abandon a home in a new region, if that were at all possible. I was going to say a wait for all abandons, but then if you pick up an abandon in an old neighborhood, you would have to sit and wait with something you didn't like.  I dunno.  It's nice of you to admit you are a house hopper, and I have picked you out as one of my favorites on this thread, but there are some dirty players and I fell prey to their dirty little trick of abandoning precisely at release time. That reminds me, the person who acquired your beach home seems to have not touched it yet (?) and then a couple days later, I noticed them picking up a houseboat on a new region with an alt. Sigh.  Let me in, please! :P 

Thanks - I am a hopper with only one home. One owner, one seeker and probaby not a seeker for much longer. More of a spotter right now. Anyone who had a convo with me privately about the homes I had  knows I am quite open about it and also - quite honest - to many people's frustration! But lots of tricksters, passive aggression and coercion I encountered and it made me a little sad because lots of people on this thread seem to be coming from a good place. I gave publicly two houseboats and a home back now (the rest quietly at random) and it does not surprise me they didn't touch it yet I see a lot of homes not truly decorated or lived in set to very young profiles and sometimes set to land estate rental groups which does spark curiosity!! Best thing to do to get a home at the moment might be stick to that original schedule of weekday refreshes - I wish you luck!! 

• Like 3

Just now, AnnaelleJanvier said:

Shhh. This is not helpful. You are just instigating the home hoppers. This is MY home!  LOL.  It's the first time I have actually looked around at the homes and spotted one I like. I usually avoid that so I won't be disappointed if I get something else, but I haven't even gotten something else yet.  One day...  :) 

P.S  I think Picards Wharf could be next.  Yeah, yeah.  Look over there, hoppers!  :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Thanks - I am a hopper with only one home. One owner, one seeker and probaby not a seeker for much longer. More of a spotter right now. Anyone who had a convo with me privately about the homes I had  knows I am quite open about it and also - quite honest - to many people's frustration! But lots of tricksters, passive aggression and coercion I encountered and it made me a little sad because lots of people on this thread seem to be coming from a good place. I gave publicly two houseboats and a home back now (the rest quietly at random) and it does not surprise me they didn't touch it yet I see a lot of homes not truly decorated or lived in set to very young profiles and sometimes set to land estate rental groups which does spark curiosity!! Best thing to do to get a home at the moment might be stick to that original schedule of weekday refreshes - I wish you luck!! 

I have noticed that about you, your consideration, and I appreciate it very much.  It's amazing to me the things that people think up to try to get a home. Do we need a Bellisseria intervention group now? Ha.  Thank you for the good wishes! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

P.S  I think Picards Wharf could be next.  Yeah, yeah.  Look over there, hoppers!  :P 

😁 For me a place has to offer everything I have currently and more than that. The upcoming releases are all beautiful but for me not something I am looking for. I am doing the abandon hop for another week then I might retire!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

... there are some dirty players and I fell prey to their dirty little trick of abandoning precisely at release time. ..

Seems a little paranoid to me! You assume they want to send you on a wild goose chase after theit "old" abandoned homes while they are refreshing for a newly released? I guess then they might just end up getting their own old home back! You only see what you get after you took it.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

... there are some dirty players and I fell prey to their dirty little trick of abandoning precisely at release time. 

Wow. I think this is the first time I've seen someone complaining about others making their homes available for those who don't have one. I guess there's no pleasing some people! 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Seems a little paranoid to me! You assume they want to send you on a wild goose chase after theit "old" abandoned homes while they are refreshing for a newly released? I guess then they might just end up getting their own old home back! You only see what you get after you took it.

Also some just find out a release might happen and that is why they abandon it at that time especially if it was happening on an off day.  I am also done hopping for now as the parcel I have is just perfect for me.

Edited by karynmaria
  • Like 4

I don't really understand what happened in that situation at all but perhaps we should all get back to - when was the last time anyone saw a Bellissarian home? Because I've not seen any kind of home since the release tailed off Friday and it's depressing me because "Bellisseria" in the drop down kind of becomes associated with the word "Bliss".........................where ARE the homes?!!!

I fell prey to their dirty little trick of abandoning precisely at release time.

Many people are abandoning just before release time because they want to enjoy their current location as long as possible, but then try for something better when a new region gets released.  I've not encountered anyone that is doing that for malicious reasons.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.