When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

...ALL of Bellisseria is awesome, and yes, yes, I understand, everyone has preferences as to whether they want beach or rocks or caves or lagoons, but come on, folks. ... that the initial regions are thought of in disparaging terms as Beth listed above. It's sad and it's insulting to the Moles who created the homes. 

20 hours ago, Dhyaanee said:

It's not like that. There are homes I'd like from the very first region that was released. Like on a cliff facing the ocean without a boat salvage yard ruining my view.  And roooooocks everywhere!

There's no value in a fresh, new region.  The only value is in the landscape no matter when it was released.

I personally do NOT think the newer regions are generally better then the ones from the first release on 15.th April. The home I got then is still my secret favourite (in spite of being next to a region crossing which makes some problems) because when I walk down towards the sea that really FEELS like sea. Some cliffs, some picknick- benches, some houseboats, lots of sand (without houses on), rather idyllic.

I hoped for the Pickle to top that seaside feeling but so far it doesn't.

18 hours ago, AnnaelleJanvier said:

I mostly refresh during releases, although I have refreshed on off times and have been lucky to acquire a home twice. However, when arriving, I could hardly move from the lag and/or a neighbor had a helicopter in their yard (which is unrealistic to me) or another home appeared to have activist stickers or posters on the exterior (also unrealistic to me), so I prefer to start fresh. Yes, I could run into these things in a new region, but I will just deal with them if they arise. :) 

You don*t mean to say that you are a "hopper" aswell? Not the poor "homeless" person who craves to get her very first Belisseria home but someone who has had and abandoned a few of them because they were not to your liking? What else do WE do?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just one page back, similar wording anyway, that pretty much means the same thing:

image.png.d52ea0ae319761a94ff3fe83c723f381.png

....There definitely is an attitude among some (old folks and new folks both) that only the newest is acceptable. 

As one of the sentences you picked for an example has been by me I want to explain because I think you misunderstood me there. I generally do NOT think that a home in an older region is less agreeable than one in a brandnew region. I only think that of EACH newly released region the very best parcels are unlikely to be abandoned. Of course there are exceptions, people who's premium expires or who decide they'll rather have mainland or who accepted a house but are waiting for a houseboat (or a camper).

But generally if it is a top class parcel (directly facing the sea for instance) the probability that it will be abandoned is not really high.

Though it is a question of TASTE of course - I abandoned a houseboat (because I want a house) and will abandon in the near future a house that has a canal at the back of it's garden (because I want SEA). But generally speaking your chances of getting a first class location are better when a region is released than when you catch an abandoned.

5 minutes ago, sloththu said:

Is it a release or probably abandons? :o 

Not sure - I was on auto so too late - there showed all the  houseboat photos including sand background ones in the choices -  only boats too - so , im not inworld - have any only HB regions been inhabited? If so there's the answer!!

...terrible sentence structure there sorry!....

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Not sure - I was on auto so too late - there showed all the  houseboat photos including sand background ones in the choices -  only boats too - so , im not inworld - have any only HB regions been inhabited? If so there's the answer!!

...terrible sentence structure there sorry!....

Good point! I see green dots on Alala (but i think that was released before?), and I see dots on River Run, but it's not a houseboat :/ I wonder if they're just hanging out there XD

But otherwise, no other houseboat areas are inhabited 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

As one of the sentences you picked for an example has been by me I want to explain because I think you misunderstood me there. I generally do NOT think that a home in an older region is less agreeable than one in a brandnew region. I only think that of EACH newly released region the very best parcels are unlikely to be abandoned. Of course there are exceptions, people who's premium expires or who decide they'll rather have mainland or who accepted a house but are waiting for a houseboat (or a camper).

But generally if it is a top class parcel (directly facing the sea for instance) the probability that it will be abandoned is not really high.

Though it is a question of TASTE of course - I abandoned a houseboat (because I want a house) and will abandon in the near future a house that has a canal at the back of it's garden (because I want SEA). But generally speaking your chances of getting a first class location are better when a region is released than when you catch an abandoned.

The point that some of us are trying to make is that using negative terms to refer to parcels that don't meet your own personal standards is not helpful. and is rather insulting to those who created the parcels. Phrases like "second grade" come across as quite negative. Why put down the hard work the Moles are doing? 

As a side effect, negative labels tend to make newer members think there is something "wrong" with the older parcels, so that they won't even consider them as worthy of their time, which increases their frustration when they can't get one in a shiny new region that they have been lead to believe is somehow "better".

Perhaps not repeatedly judging parcels as "very best", "top class", "second grade" would alleviate some of the bad feelings? If you don't care for a parcel, that's fine, but the unnecessary labels seem problematic to me. I'd rather see someone say "I am abandoning this parcel because I want one by the sea" instead of "I am abandoning this parcel because it is second grade". See the difference? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Ooooo Alala I think did not get released earlier..... so it's Alala or abandons by the sound of it!! Unless I;ve missed bits of forum whilst out today!!

Oh! I have no idea if Alala was released before today.. so it's definitely possible!

3 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Thank you - and damn it. Ha ha !! I was there this morning photographing it thinking hmmm I kinda like it

Okay, I went to check properly and the parcels are all still unnamed, so I don't think it was released 😄The houseboats must have been abandons.. you still have a shot at them! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sloththu said:

Okay, I went to check properly and the parcels are all still unnamed, so I don't think it was released 😄The houseboats must have been abandons.. you still have a shot at them! 

Always fun to know whats still up and what's gone! TY!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doubt a camper release today.  Soon-o-meter is set to "Very Soonish" now, still have "Really Very Soonish™  and "Really Very Soon Now" to go

2 hours ago, Chronometria said:

So, how many of you house hoppers is gonna go for the trailers when they comin out? On the plus side, the trailer release gonna free up a heck of a lot of houses I figure, so those that wants one can finally get one.

Not planning to get one, too prim-hungry.  But I'm REALLY looking forward to exploring the areas, and seeing what people do with them.  I think it'll be a real exciting time!

Folks are saying inworld that Patch mentioned that the 700-plus boats in the first houseboat release took 7 minutes total to go, distributed over the half-hour-long releases.

House in Cadhaire bing relesed VERY VERY SOON

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chronometria said:

So, how many of you house hoppers is gonna go for the trailers when they comin out? On the plus side, the trailer release gonna free up a heck of a lot of houses I figure, so those that wants one can finally get one.

I have 3 premiums.. one for each type of home. My traditional on "mud hill" I'm completely happy with on one, houseboat on Gangway with main also happy with, and third alt was hopping around just for fun, but is no longer doing that, just waiting on campers. So not freeing up a home, but not in the mix for current competition either. I found my interest in the big chase waned once I felt "bonded" to the properties, spending time there, personalizing it, getting comfy. I see so many homes just sitting there lonely, few are getting attached to them.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

I found my interest in the big chase waned once I felt "bonded" to the properties, spending time there, personalizing it, getting comfy. I see so many homes just sitting there lonely, few are getting attached to them.

I feel the same about my two, which I have had since April (five months now!). I admire all the regions that are being created, and I love to see new features like bridges and waterfalls and canals, but my parcels are mine and I love them best of all. Kind of like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz!  *kisses the ground* 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

I missed Cadhaire and am hoping for another release today.  I just can't seem to be paying attention when they release one and miss it.  lol  Does anyone else read that region name as Cat hair?  lol

That's exactly how I read it, lol.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chronometria said:

Not even a little interested in those campers. I'll cam the decor because I know creative folks will be killing it but the idea of living in a camper, nah.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.