Here's a Rant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, animats said:

Cardigan, 75 LI. Jeans, 46 LI. Not going to work for animesh.

Which kinda makes the case for avatar Li limits (don't kill me)

I very much doubt you will be able to find stuff made for avatars suitable for rezzing.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Where do people go to see these things?

I do from time to time end up at some pretty adult places in SL .. and the only thing to be seen is people standing about in silence, I get hit on more by random strangers standing at my Lindy Home with avatar visibility off.. I think if you want to find humping avatars or something really lewd then you actually have to go looking for it.

4 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

If you set this

1az33kV.png

that does solve that problem (for me at least)... of course if you do that and still see overtly adult items, then you can flag them.

Yeah. I could do that for a number of the items I search for (I don't really need to see "adult" rated mesh brooms or house plants), but I do worry about what would be excluded from my search. For instance, I have bought chairs that included adult animations simply because I liked their look. Presumably, I would never have seen them if I had excluded adult items? The same might go for some garment abouts I've bought.

59 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I wouldn't even call kinky 'kinky',

• Dirty word neon signs✔️ 
  • Something with an improbable number of straps ✔️
  • Hair, because why not✔️
  • Decorative cocktails/booze✔️
  • Some kind of cylindrical neck wear.✔️
  • One truly odd item, where the creator's only point of reference is a fifth hand tale from a friend of a friend with an uncle who knew someone, who overheard, that one time, back when.✔️
  • Entirely regular shoes.✔️
  • A tattoo✔️
  • Some club dance animations.✔️
  • 5 vendors in a row that all look the same all rendered in daz or whatever✔️

Don't forget the eyes and skins. Which makes me wonder. How In the heck are eyes and skin, considered Kinky?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

If you set this

1az33kV.png

that does solve that problem (for me at least)... of course if you do that and still see overtly adult items, then you can flag them.

Is that kind of new option they put in there?

I kind of remember trying to use that but it not being there..That or it may be that I was trying to just find a Moderate only option..

I forget really..

Most furniture seems to be sold with both PG and Adult variants now, the PG being cheaper too.

Iono, Kinda annoys me when I buy something I didn't even realize or expect to seat more than one, let alone contain a bewildering selection of humorously lewd twitching animations. No more boring lawn furniture for me  😐

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Louminca said:

But -ugh- SL is so many times more sexual than RL. The clothes, the profiles, everything.

I can't say I can share your experience. quite the opposite, really. After all these years in the Tinies community in Second Life, I haven't stumbled upon the slightest that had anything to do with sexytime whatsoever.

59 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

After all these years in the Tinies community in Second Life,

As a lot of things are bigger in texas SecondLife, even that expression can be mistaken as a hint about a kink. :)

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo
  • Haha 1

Second Life is a mirror to Real Life, this is what people are, this is who they are, this is what they want and the freedom to experience what they want is why they come here.  You can restrict your own life, SL or RL to a segment that keeps you comfortable but that is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Because of all the gawd awful, blatant, sexual stuff, I find it kind of embarrassing to admit to RL people that I "play" Second Life. Most people I've mentioned it to either haven't heard of it, or if they have, all they know is that it is a pervy place with lots of *****. Then I find myself explaining, "Noooo, not so!" and talking about art and photography, while secretly thinking, "Yeah, pretty pervy."

To top it off, when I've tried to find pervy activity in SL with a pervy other, I can't! LoL. I guess I'm just too darned picky.

I also agree about the Marketplace and its algorithms. I have my rating set to adult so I can buy what I want, but that doesn't mean I want to see every weird thing out there . . . although I have to admit to seeing some of it and thinking, "Huh. I never would of thought of that."

I rarely get bothered with come ons. Like others have said, it depends on where you are. Sadly, it turns out that "Seicher" means something rather *****ty in some weird German/Swiss slang, (who knew?) so that's a factor at times, if I'm around a lot of Germans/Swiss for some reason. I find that if I get the random "U wanna have teh sex?" that a "Yes, just not with you" tends to shut them up. If not, mute works wonders.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, this. The overt sexualization of much of the clothing, dances, and so forth in SL is mostly just tedious. Oh, and aesthetically pretty gawd awful too. A great deal of what passes for "sexy" in SL is just plain ugly.

I

Yes Tedious! I think you just found the word that describes my frustration.

It is like Sex- Pizza is the Chef's special here Everyday. And at some point it started to make me disgruntled. But yes there is other stuff on the menu . 

Of course I am gonna take advice and watch my ratings and just move on with my sl life.

But it is Boring me. Well and 1 guys really pizzed me off. 

I am going nutz for that Bellisseria cat, and  anytime I see an avatar with wrinkles or something unique. I have thought about making my avatar maybe a geriatric cat. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Ahahaha. Since I'm new to this Forum format...

Welcome to the new forum, Seicher! I think the old one had a similar censoring algorithm though so I suppose the reason you didn't notice until now is that you never use dirty words. ^_^

Edited by ChinRey
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Welcome to the new forum, Seicher! I think the old one had a similar censoring algorithm though so I suppose the reason you didn't notice until now is that you never use dirty words. ^_^

Ha. As if. Nope it is because I'm a few Forum iterations before this stuff, like 6-7 years ago, with perhaps 1 or 2 exceptions. :) I can't believe my post numbers transferred over and that it is less than 2000 since they did transfer. :)

9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Ha. As if. Nope it is because I'm a few Forum iterations before this stuff, like 6-7 years ago, with perhaps 1 or 2 exceptions. :) I can't believe my post numbers transferred over and that it is less than 2000 since they did transfer. :)

Oh, I was sure I've had words censored the same way in the old forum. I never use dirty words of course but sometimes embarrasing accidents happen, like when you misspell "count".

Edited by ChinRey
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Ahahaha. Since I'm new to this Forum format, I just learned what I can't type (above). All those ***** weren't there when I hit "submit reply." Well, live and learn. :D

I found out the hard way that "wrist watch" needs to be two words.

• Haha 2

With the years I've been in Second Life, I care more for "fitting in". So I dress for riding in riding outfits, and for the beach in beach outfits. Or if I visit winter sims, in sweaters and warm boots.

But that's just me. Maybe it's because SL furniture, builds, plants have become so much better, I want to look like a part of it.

For the shopper (sorry, probably not good for animesh) Neve by ColdLogic has good things. Even short dresses with cleavage look stylish and not overly sexy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

With the years I've been in Second Life, I care more for "fitting in". So I dress for riding in riding outfits, and for the beach in beach outfits. Or if I visit winter sims, in sweaters and warm boots.

But that's just me

No, its not just you. I never would ride a horse using a bikini or a bicycle jersey.

• Like 2

While I agree, SL can be very sexual. I think there’s a lot of exaggeration as far as how sexual SL can be. Either that, or a lot of people are super conservative and just won’t be satisfied until there’s some main stream designer that sells blocky clothing that covers women from head to toe.

The other day someone said “I’m looking for shorts, but not booty shorts, just a regular pair of women’s shorts, not short shorts....just regular women’s shorts. But you know...not too short....but shorts, for women, where can I find those?”

I see people say things like that all the time. And I always wonder “Do you even know what women’s shorts look like? There tons of women’s shorts.... that aren’t booty shorts out there.” So someone asked them to post a picture of what they mean and silence.

I see stuff like that all the time. Sure there are a lot of women wearing a harness or something very sexual, but I always see twice as many wearing an outfit that an average woman would wear in pretty much any country in the world.

Sometimes....I think we’re hyping the sexualization thing up a little more than it really is happening.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.