Here's a Rant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

😋

Haha, you know English isn't my first language.... but just tease me, i can take it.

I was wearing a bikini and the horse only a bridle when we was swimming from the northeast lighthouse in Bellisseria a few days ago. Because my horse has a "swim with the horse" animation. And so, I would not use breeches and boots. Imagine the leather boots after beeing in salt water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So many rants, why can’t we have a rave once in awhile?

How are we supposed to do that, may I ask?

Dance in text form , light shows, drugs?

Think 🤔 

hhahahahah

these were my real thoughts

I just woke up

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

😋

Haha, you know English isn't my first language.... but just tease me, i can take it.

I was wearing a bikini and the horse only a bridle when we was swimming from the northeast lighthouse in Bellisseria a few days ago. Because my horse has a "swim with the horse" animation. And so, I would not use breeches and boots. Imagine the leather boots after beeing in salt water.

You *could* always just go Lady Godiva.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Now the thread is about sexualization..and horses. SL for the win!

And in the world of "sex-toilets" and "BDSM Church Pedestals," this is a surprise? LOL

3 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Sometimes....I think we’re hyping the sexualization thing up a little more than it really is happening.

Rather difficult to hype something that is every where, RL and SL. It's used in advertising in RL every day across the globe. It is thrown in people's faces on a daily basis so it's no wonder they get sick of seeing it especially when SL is supposed to be one of the places people can go to escape the crap in RL.  There was a time, for many years, that you didn't see so much of a sexual nature in SL. 

On the other hand, no one in SL really gives a damn what the other person wants or needs. All they care about is themselves and that is what makes SL far too much like RL. SL stopped being a mini-vacation 10 years ago.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Rather difficult to hype something that is every where, RL and SL. It's used in advertising in RL every day across the globe. It is thrown in people's faces on a daily basis so it's no wonder they get sick of seeing it especially when SL is supposed to be one of the places people can go to escape the crap in RL.  There was a time, for many years, that you didn't see so much of a sexual nature in SL. 

On the other hand, no one in SL really gives a damn what the other person wants or needs. All they care about is themselves and that is what makes SL far too much like RL. SL stopped being a mini-vacation 10 years ago.

By hype, I mean a little bit of a hyperbole. It’s obviously easy to find things of a sexual nature in SL, just as easy as it is to find things of a sexual nature on the Internet.

I tend to not look at the world as “Oh noez everything is descending into depravityz!” Because it’s always been that way, if you go back to Roman times there’s sexual graffiti on walls. All throughout history...people were pretty sexual. The 60’s and 70’s weren’t that long ago and things were pretty sexed up then too.

The same goes for SL. All the sexual stuff you see, didn’t just all appear one day. As soon as someone figured out how to make prim breasts....there they were and people were wearing them. This stuff didn’t just come about nor is it out of control. It’s just always been that way....since system clothes.

So yeah, while you might be hanging out you might see someone wearing a harness or nude or whatever. You’re also just as likely to see someone wearing a regular outfit. I’m just not buying it’s more sexual than say 2010, it’s really about the same.

Some people just have a really low bar for what is distasteful or *****ty. It becomes a hyperbole. Like I was saying you could be out and see someone wearing a thong and a harness....you can also see someone wearing a ball gown in the same place, just as frequently. I’ve never seen a thread about “OMG!!! These ball gowns are out of controlllllll! /rant”

Its hyperbole and what people are choosing to see. Someone shopping in cocktail dress should be just as jarring as someone shopping in a bikini. It’s not though.....something to think about.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

By hype, I mean a little bit of a hyperbole. It’s obviously easy to find things of a sexual nature in SL, just as easy as it is to find things of a sexual nature on the Internet.

I tend to not look at the world as “Oh noez everything is descending into depravityz!” Because it’s always been that way, if you go back to Roman times there’s sexual graffiti on walls. All throughout history...people were pretty sexual. The 60’s and 70’s weren’t that long ago and things were pretty sexed up then too.

The same goes for SL. All the sexual stuff you see, didn’t just all appear one day. As soon as someone figured out how to make prim breasts....there they were and people were wearing them. This stuff didn’t just come about nor is it out of control. It’s just always been that way....since system clothes.

So yeah, while you might be hanging out you might see someone wearing a harness or nude or whatever. You’re also just as likely to see someone wearing a regular outfit. I’m just not buying it’s more sexual than say 2010, it’s really about the same.

Some people just have a really low bar for what is distasteful or *****ty. It becomes a hyperbole. Like I was saying you could be out and see someone wearing a thong and a harness....you can also see someone wearing a ball gown in the same place, just as frequently. I’ve never seen a thread about “OMG!!! These ball gowns are out of controlllllll! /rant”

Its hyperbole and what people are choosing to see. Someone shopping in cocktail dress should be just as jarring as someone shopping in a bikini. It’s not though.....something to think about.

I was born in 1959. I know what it was like in the 60s and 70s. And have watched the changes happen in the past (nearly) 60 years.

My original rez date is April of 2004. For years I spent 12 - 18 hours a day in SL. Yet, I'm not one of the ones who fell all over themselves buying boobs.  I never bought any.  I don't own any "bits" either. I'm one of "those people" who don't come to SL for sex. Never did and never will. I have watched the changes in SL happen for the past 15 years so you aren't telling me anything I haven't known for a very long time. And yes I have seen the sexual things in SL steadily getting more and more prevalent. 

People either have respect for themselves or they don't. When they don't, I don't either. I see fewer and fewer people in SL that actually have self respect. No, I will not compromise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

And yes I have seen the sexual things in SL steadily getting more and more prevalent. 

How are you quantifying that? 

The point I was making was: No it’s not, it’s about the same and I gave examples of how it’s the same. The point about the prim boobs was SL has been sexual since there were only prims, not whether you wore them or not.

Can you give any kind of quantifiable evidence that SL is becoming more and more sexual?

8 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

How are you quantifying that? 

The point I was making was: No it’s not, it’s about the same and I gave examples of how it’s the same. The point about the prim boobs was SL has been sexual since there were only prims, not whether you wore them or not.

Can you give any kind of quantifiable evidence that SL is becoming more and more sexual?

It's called observation and no I didn't bother to write anything down. Why would I? Anticipation of having this particular conversation? pffft

Why not just accept that some of us know what we see and can interpret it correctly. Or is it too much to ask to accept that others can see what you don't?

14 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It's called observation and no I didn't bother to write anything down. Why would I? Anticipation of having this particular conversation? pffft

Why not just accept that some of us know what we see and can interpret it correctly. Or is it too much to ask to accept that others can see what you don't?

No, that’s not what this is. It’s a discussion and I’m disagreeing with you. I’m asking you for something tangible because you made a pretty strong assertion and one I entirely disagree with.

If you’re interpreting what you see as fact and can’t quantify it....it’s no longer a fact. It’s a forum and you’re entitled to go out on a limb with your opinions from time to time. You can also expect someone to come along and cut that limb right off.

So we’re agreeing to disagree?

10 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

No, that’s not what this is. It’s a discussion and I’m disagreeing with you. I’m asking you for something tangible because you made a pretty strong assertion and one I entirely disagree with.

If you’re interpreting what you see as fact and can’t quantify it....it’s no longer a fact. It’s a forum and you’re entitled to go out on a limb with your opinions from time to time. You can also expect someone to come along and cut that limb right off.

So we’re agreeing to disagree?

You haven't cut anything off. Nothing has changed for me. I will never agree that it is desirable to associate with people who are so shallow as to be majorly concerned with being one of the "beautiful people" in a virtual world.

You can disagree all you want. It won't change what I know to be true. Just because you refuse to see it, does not mean it does not exist. Being willfully blind is just that. Being willfully blind.

22 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You haven't cut anything off. Nothing has changed for me. I will never agree that it is desirable to associate with people who are so shallow as to be majorly concerned with being one of the "beautiful people" in a virtual world.

You can disagree all you want. It won't change what I know to be true. Just because you refuse to see it, does not mean it does not exist. Being willfully blind is just that. Being willfully blind.

Are we talking about Second Life being more and more sexual or something else? 

0B3C63A0-66A5-456E-9D2E-EEF8BCCFBB49.gif

Edited by janetosilio
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Intentionally refusing to even consider any perspective other than your own is being wilfully blind.

That is exactly what I meant.

If you are implying that I'm the one being willfully blind, you could not be more incorrect. If I misunderstood your intent, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I do not and will not apologize for being accepting of others regardless of how they look on the outside. Real or avatar.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Are we talking about Second Life being more and more sexual or something else? 

0B3C63A0-66A5-456E-9D2E-EEF8BCCFBB49.gif

The only one moving goals posts is you. I have not changed anything I have said. Only worded it slightly differently in the hope that those who are judging people solely on their appearance alone (real or avatar) would actually see that kind of behavior is a bad reflection on them. 

But who am I to argue if people want to lead such shallow, dull, lonely lives.

3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Wait.....how did we go from this to....say what now?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.