Here's a Rant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Someone RL recently said I’m shallow. I had previously said they “weren’t my type”. An eye-opener.

That's not being shallow, imo. That is following a "gut instinct".  I had to learn the hard way how to listen to those feelings and act accordingly.  Life is so much less stressful now and a lot less chaotic without those people constantly tossing monkey wrenches into the works. Had I done so when I was young, I would have saved myself a lot of pain and suffering.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

@janetosilio

Empirical evidence is the information received by means of the senses, particularly by observation and documentation of patterns and behavior through experimentation.

So my question is, what empirical evidence do you have to prove I am wrong?

I didn’t say you were wrong. I said you were stating an opinion as a fact with no kind of data besides what you feel.

Your “empirical evidence” is anecdotal at best. At worst it’s “It is because I said so” which is where you were going until you decided to fly out to left field (welcome back).

So not wrong, a fallacious opinion.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I didn’t say you were wrong. I said you were stating an opinion as a fact with no kind of data besides what you feel.

Your “empirical evidence” is anecdotal at best. At worst it’s “It is because I said so” which is where you were going until you decided to fly out to left field (welcome back).

So not wrong, a fallacious opinion.

Wow. Talk about being out in left field. You've gone so far out you're not even in the same galaxy any more.

14 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Soooo...RL and SL more sexual than ever. Can you quantify it or nah?

What? Are you too lazy to use Google and see for yourself? 

The search "second life more sex places" turns up About 275,000,000 results (0.57 seconds) . Hope you have the spare time to go all the way back to 2004, the year I first joined SL.

I also hope you enjoy reading as much as I do because it's probably going to take you a few years to wade through all that.

ETA: And of course you shouldn't restrict yourself to that one search term. There are plenty more you can use that will show you the same thing.

Oh and as the population of the world increases, so does the sex and the demand for all the trappings that goes with it.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

What? Are you too lazy to use Google and see for yourself? 

The search "second life more sex places" turns up About 275,000,000 results (0.57 seconds) . Hope you have the spare time to go all the way back to 2004, the year I first joined SL.

I also hope you enjoy reading as much as I do because it's probably going to take you a few years to wade through all that.

ETA: And of course you shouldn't restrict yourself to that one search term. There are plenty more you can use that will show you the same thing.

Oh and as the population of the world increases, so does the sex and the demand for all the trappings that goes with it.

So you’re telling me to google what you’ve been saying huh? Because google sez I’m going to find 275,000,000 results on SL and sex. Ummmm...that’s not how a google search works.

So that’s a “nah....I can’t quantify”

Then you’re saying...because there are more people in the world there’s more sex? Um.... yeah. Right?

How does that quantify that the world is more sexual?

You can do better....I know it. I believe in you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

So you’re telling me to google what you’ve been saying huh? Because google sez I’m going to find 275,000,000 results on SL and sex. Ummmm...that’s not how a google search works.

So that’s a “nah....I can’t quantify”

Then you’re saying...because there are more people in the world there’s more sex? Um.... yeah. Right?

How does that quantify that the world is more sexual?

You can do better....I know it. I believe in you.

Oh ffs.

What is your problem? If I've offended you in some manner then put me on ignore. Badgering me isn't going to accomplish a damn thing except pissing me off. 

You succeeded. Happy now aren't you. C U Next Tuesday!

Just for giggles I googled what you said. The first result was Secondlife itself “Top ten sex destinations” that is not data. Then the rest are blog articles. Also....not data.

So if I type in “Cool SL art places” guess how many results I get?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.