-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin

4 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Mine is mesh, the devil is in the details and the treads on the stairs. lol and it's 83.

Stunning, but oh my one will have to be VERY creative and judicious with their prims to decorate. What a challenge.

I'm sure some of us might be up for it 👍

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 9:02 AM, Eliza Wrigglesworth said:

I bought Chic Aeon's Cedar Siding Add-on, and tinted the grey siding purple. I believe Marianne Little is going to release hers soon as well.

23 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Hey, I totally understand about RL. I'm sure we all do. I've gone through time periods where health played into keeping me from doing a lot of what I wanted to so I empathize completely.  One does what one can, when one can ♥️

Now I'm wondering if the house I saw wandering around belonged to Eliza. It was a while back but I was sure I had seen at least one house with a color that was NOT a Liinden one!  And I was also positive it was purple so at least I'm not imaging that.  Using Chic's siding and tinting it would work perfectly I'm sure so I'll take a look at that later today. 

12 hours ago, Eliza Wrigglesworth said:

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Marianne. I understand about getting excited and not naming the things you make. I have a lot of "object" boxes in my inventory :). Don't feel like you've led anyone on, because you left a very easy to follow tutorial on what you were doing. A little patience and time, and I could go crazy making a few hundred more "object" boxes!

Feel better soon!

I am "almost" there for Continental exterior walls. 4 LI, one mesh shell. Making an item is one thing, then the next and next and next...

I made an Winchester walls shell too, have not checked it from all sides. I bet it must be some more uploads. And Alderley has cost me at least 10 full price uploads and a score of free beta uploads. I have to use the main grid so I can place it over the real house for the fine details, and the smallest houses is the worst.

I am stuck in the texture change script, if a kind soul can help, I made a post under LSL scripts in the creator forums. 😰 The problem is that anyone can click the walls and change between 5 textures, and we can't have that, can we?

I hate scripts. I don't understand them. They drive me nuts.

The image under is not edited and has a LoD of 2. I think it holds up well from a distance.

Continental sales ad_001.png

Edited by Marianne Little
added the last
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

…...

I am stuck in the texture change script, if a kind soul can help, I made a post under LSL scripts in the creator forums. 😰 The problem is that anyone can click the walls and change between 5 textures, and we can't have that, can we?

I hate scripts. I don't understand them. They drive me nuts.    

What I would do, personally, is simply have 5 versions + 1 blank in a folder, with a texture in the folder showing what the 5 versions are. I know texture change things are popular, but I'd be just as happy with versions, since we're talking 5 and not 30. Just my opinion though, I'm sure there's a simple script out there that will be exactly what you have in mind :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morena Tully said:

What I would do, personally, is simply have 5 versions + 1 blank in a folder, with a texture in the folder showing what the 5 versions are. I know texture change things are popular, but I'd be just as happy with versions, since we're talking 5 and not 30. Just my opinion though, I'm sure there's a simple script out there that will be exactly what you have in mind :)

I plan 12 - packs of other textures. It sounds a bit much with 12 houses. The demo is ready, it is rezzed in 10 min before it deletes itself. It does not matter if the script can be used of anyone in those 10 minutes.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I plan 12 - packs of other textures. It sounds a bit much with 12 houses. The demo is ready, it is rezzed in 10 min before it deletes itself. It does not matter if the script can be used of anyone in those 10 minutes.

For me personally if there was at least one that I could tint to color as I wish, I'd be happy. I don't think you need to provide  too many options. Let people use one that is relatively blank to do as they wish with. I don't know if this is possible or not but can you have it a clean white cedar texture as an option that can be tinted? That would be ideal for my uses. I love the weathered look of wood for a seaside home but for the houses more inland such as mine, I'd prefer to be able to make it more like a San Francisco looking Victorian - really colorful 😍i

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The reading nook is just adorable! Where is it from? Does it come filled with stuff, or empty?

What @Claireschen Hesten said is correct; I have the white version. It comes with two versions: filled and empty. I have only added a plant to the "filled" version, and I also made a base for it to sit on because it wasn't quite tall enough to fill up the space. I decided that looked better than stretching it (but it is mod, so that's an option).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I see your boat turns it's back to the lighthouse.

Wouldn't it have been better to choose one of the two boattypes that face the other way round?

None of the models face that way, so what you suggest isn't even possible. However, I wouldn't do it if it was, because I want the boats my partner and I have to be parked out front, which requires water, not a sand bar. I'm very pleased with my houseboat model and its location. I'm not a "keep trying for something better" type. ;)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Not meant to critizise you, just a suggestion.

@Abnor Mole once told us about this direction thing

And I personally would like to face tthe lighthouse if I lived in sight of it - but each has own taste.

What Abnor was saying is that every houseboat is placed in a particular position for a reason and none can be rotated.  The dock behind the boat is the fixed LL one.  For the long skinny slots like that, with the dock located where it is, there is no houseboat style that would give a great view of the lighthouse.  

For the location she is in, these are the four houseboat styles and the orientation that she will have a choice of - all of them have most of the windows facing away from the lighthouse, out towards the unimpeded waterway.  These are shown with how the houseboats rez and the lighthouse will always be towards the back, not on the end where the windows are:

Barnacle-1.thumb.jpg.8316a58264c5f06aad02912e8717d564.jpg     856302737_EveningStar-1.thumb.jpg.d3a1828b5f008374de9a09f23f5e6356.jpg    
Wallower-1.thumb.jpg.c002cfd88e07d296f580abfac0bde894.jpg    Windlass-1.thumb.jpg.656d27e9a83ad97f8246d2f95f71adee.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2