-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

BEWARE: pic spam ahead! 

House: Winchester

Region: Donovan

Prim allowance used: 242

Features: One bedroom, one bathroom, wrap around porch, half-covered back deck, entertainment area, sandpit, fire pit, and landscaped gardens.

Notes: I preferred the smaller styled homes and didn't want to use the same model as most others, but the addition of a back deck was ideal for the location overlooking the canal so I persevered. I tried to squeeze as much detail in as I could for such a large house and still give it that lived in look, while keeping at least 100 prims spare for my animesh baby Riley. With her rezzed I still have 10 prims spare for attachments etc. I also purposefully reused the same plants to link together and save on LI and textures loading (though likely a moot point with so much other clutter to render). The sandpit was born out of necessity to fill that corner of the yard without adding a pool, since the house is situated close to a pool and beach, and gives some illusion of a family home. Still not overly happy with the bedroom but can live with this for now. All in all though I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.67c010e7005b0cab3b6c4118b9f469d8.png

^ Front of house

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.a6012f736a165d5776308cc37e42721f.png

^ Front porch

Snapshot_003.thumb.png.1b1db76815a0c51dd45a92db0da42e74.png

^ Entrance

Snapshot_004.thumb.png.002455ddc315a8f84d30a193f0a2afa1.png

^ Kitchen and Dining

Snapshot_005.thumb.png.447e576906c4e043b68f858a17ccaea4.png

^ Bathroom (looking in from door)

Snapshot_006.thumb.png.c844124996c3e3ba11f34b8e09186a5b.png

^ Bathroom (looking out from shower)

Snapshot_007.thumb.png.11d732bdfb63aded5ac791c8248b29a4.png

^ Bedroom (looking in from far corner)

Snapshot_008.thumb.png.b29670d557eca8551dc23b627fc8e1bc.png

^ Bedroom (looking out from leaving bathroom)

• Like 17

On 8/18/2019 at 6:00 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I've been so busy decorating alt's houseboat (changed it to Evening Star with @Blush Bravin's add on), that I never noticed till just now that I can see the lighthouse peeking through the upper window. 

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.0e32d8256a9701c3d4e49f6b11626cd4.png

Never mind the lighthouse, that's a supercozy boat interior you have there! ❤️

• Like 2

In general how much of your prim allowance are you using? Is there some percentage rule that you follow to allow for extra items to be rezzed from existing objects? I'm down to 67 prims available and I have started to worry about adding some of those extra little items that are really only decorative.....

5 minutes ago, AveryWitt said:

In general how much of your prim allowance are you using? Is there some percentage rule that you follow to allow for extra items to be rezzed from existing objects? I'm down to 67 prims available and I have started to worry about adding some of those extra little items that are really only decorative.....

If i dont have any objects rezzing extra prims on a click (surfboards, etc.) its always all in.

6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Wonderfull! I love your style ... and I envy you your location! ;)

(and)

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I love adding a baby gate in front of the stairs - great realism.  

Thank you both! ❤️ :D  🤗

3 hours ago, AveryWitt said:

I don't have a general rule, no, but I have a general idea depending on what I want to include in the space. By that I mean I know I will rez my baby and what her general LI is, so I also need to include furniture that's scripted for her, and those items have props that attach on sit when in use, or attachments she wears (such as toys, etc). So I know how many prims I need spare for those and that's the bare minimum I know I have to keep spare. Anything above that is a bonus. But as I am a fan of clutter or realism I like to squeeze as much out of my prims as I can (which I usually can do if I link as much as possible), so there's usually not a great deal left.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AveryWitt said:

I don't really use and rez much from furniture. I have some patio chairs I use the most, that rez us drinks. No problem beeing two and each rez a glass of wine, a cup of coffee, a book.

I had problems with a few items from a kitchen. I think especially a laptop was not a modern number of 1-2 LI, but more like 6 LI. And if you are two that use the kitchen together, it adds up. The kitchen is modify, so I could go in and delete things like utensil jar and flour jars, and remove their description from the notecard. It is better to have 1 LI jars permanently rezzed, from a very low LI set og kitchen accessories, gives me better control over what I have.

It is a very strong LI regimen in my Linden Homes. Every decorative item that's more than 1 LI, must be better looking or bigger than similar 1 LI items. I have a tv shelf that's 9 LI. It is a bit much, but it is filled with decorative items and is so big that I let it stay up. On the other side, I only have 1 LI carpets. Because it is so many 1 LI carpets, no need to waste 1 LI there that could be used to add a decorative bowl of fruit or a candle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

(and)

Thank you both! ❤️ :D  🤗

I don't have a general rule, no, but I have a general idea depending on what I want to include in the space. By that I mean I know I will rez my baby and what her general LI is, so I also need to include furniture that's scripted for her, and those items have props that attach on sit when in use, or attachments she wears (such as toys, etc). So I know how many prims I need spare for those and that's the bare minimum I know I have to keep spare. Anything above that is a bonus. But as I am a fan of clutter or realism I like to squeeze as much out of my prims as I can (which I usually can do if I link as much as possible), so there's usually not a great deal left.

Yeah, LittleMe was right: that baby gate was a very nice touch. :) As is that high chair. Your home is truly lovely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AveryWitt said:

I always attempt to find the best looking lowest prim item of what I need. I happen to already have an enormous inventory to choose from. So, I'll search for "bed" for instance and then look at key words to find the type I want and rez them out until I find the lowest prim one that fits the style I need. I continuously am swapping out pieces to reduce my prims.

Much like Marianne I will use a piece if it's a higher prim count *if* it  has so many collective pieces in it that it functions better than rezzing out separate items; like I have a coffee cart that has books, mugs, coffee pot, signs, etc and you get so much decor use out of it that it's worth the prim count (can't remember what it is off hand) because it's still way lower than all similar types used separately.

I'm always on the look out for lower prim items while shopping too.  Again, I'm always swapping out for lower prim but I will not sacrifice for appearance. If I absolutely LOVE something I will keep use, and make a compromise elsewhere.

My kitchens tend to be much lower prim than many. The one I originally used in my houseboat was only something like 6-8 prims altogether. I think the current one is no more than 10 or so. I did a mix and match look in that home to achieve it.  In the house, that's not quite as easy but I've been able to get it to around 15 or so prims before decor. 

In the end I try to keep around 50 prims open give or take. I start to get anxious once I hit the 80 mark because I usually know the house isn't quite done at that point; will still need a few more clutter pieces such as artwork, vases, etc to look more lived in and it's amazing how fast that adds up. 

My biggest problem is reigning in my landscaping. I like lush flower beds and before I know it I can easily have 50 prims down on flowers alone. That's a rough one to deal with!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Couldn't resist. Added a... um... "feature wall" to my bedroom. 😏

1626536696_Raeart.thumb.png.c173b76711bce344b005a86e1d4e9bba.png

NOW my home is finally starting to feel hot. Did I say hot? I meant comfortable. Definitely comfortable. ❤️ 🤤 😍

Can you explain why you have a picture of my future husband on your wall?

mad excuse me GIF by Christine Drawing Krysteen

• Haha 20

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.