Blush Bravin

-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

I saw this house earlier and it caught my eye so I do what I normally did; started clicking all the things to find out who created it! I was amazed it wasn't linked, thinking that it was a store bought design you just rezzed there. No way are you a crappy builder at all! Truly a great design and such a cute house. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're finished with it. 😲 ❤️ 👍

I actually saw someone else's home that did something similar so I kind of figured I'd attempt it myself. I truly do NOT build, my skills are very limited although I'm slowly learning and my husband is semi-patiently helping. I haven't linked any of that back room together yet because I'm still messing around with it, figuring out the right texture dimensions for one thing. I need to get in touch with the creator of the windows, who will send me a script to make them operable (the sliding door already works). I believe it is about 10 prims altogether - and I built it around the existing back porch that is already on Blush's build.

I did try to unlink  that back portion of her wrap-around-porch so that I could cut down overall prims (for instance, the railings on it) but every time I did, it prevented me from being able to walk up and down the interior stairway so evidently there's something built into the build that  I'm unable to see to delete, even when I highlight transparent . Mesh is beyond me completely so I just built around it 😋

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I actually saw someone else's home that did something similar so I kind of figured I'd attempt it myself. I truly do NOT build, my skills are very limited although I'm slowly learning and my husband is semi-patiently helping. I haven't linked any of that back room together yet because I'm still messing around with it, figuring out the right texture dimensions for one thing. I need to get in touch with the creator of the windows, who will send me a script to make them operable (the sliding door already works). I believe it is about 10 prims altogether - and I built it around the existing back porch that is already on Blush's build.

I did try to unlink  that back portion of her wrap-around-porch so that I could cut down overall prims (for instance, the railings on it) but every time I did, it prevented me from being able to walk up and down the interior stairway so evidently there's something built into the build that  I'm unable to see to delete, even when I highlight transparent . Mesh is beyond me completely so I just built around it 😋

There are several parts that have the physics set to none rather than prim or convex hull. When you unlink a portion those physics can get changed which will prevent you from being able to walk through the build. So I suggest that you take a look at the features tab in the build menu and see what physics the parts are before you unlink to be sure that they remain set that way. Or you can send me an IM when you have that issue and I'll come find it for you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

There are several parts that have the physics set to none rather than prim or convex hull. When you unlink a portion those physics can get changed which will prevent you from being able to walk through the build. So I suggest that you take a look at the features tab in the build menu and see what physics the parts are before you unlink to be sure that they remain set that way. Or you can send me an IM when you have that issue and I'll come find it for you.

Thank you Blush! Next time I'm in world, I'll ask my husband to help me before I bug you. If we can't find it I'll reach out to you for sure! 👍

• Like 1

Love this new cat sculpture out at Cosmopolitan. 1 land impact. Definitely worth trading in a pillow.

steps.thumb.jpg.b16a5046267ce30fb948cf34b98173c1.jpg

• Like 19

Posted (edited)

Looks like I had guests... but no one stayed to help with the dishes!

I rip out the animations from a Maya Kitchen and put them in other kitchens.

I added a third image to show the whole kitchen.

kitchen_006ed.jpg

kitchen_008ed.jpg

kitchenaed_002.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added one picture for better view
  • Like 16

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I rip out the animations from a Maya Kitchen and put them in other kitchens.

I've been doing that with pool anims, lol.  Gorgeous pics!  Is that a Bazar kitchen?  Can't remember where I saw it.  Love the brick walls.  I did that in RL, never occurred to me to do it in SL!  smh

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I've been doing that with pool anims, lol.  Gorgeous pics!  Is that a Bazar kitchen?  Can't remember where I saw it.  Love the brick walls.  I did that in RL, never occurred to me to do it in SL!  smh

It's a Roost kitchen, but with new countertops. The upload to SL makes me so mad. I made nice, beveled edges on the island countertop, but the countertop in the back will not be uploaded. When I manage to find out what's wrong, it will look so much better with a beveled edge.

The latest Maya kitchen (Olivia) has an island almost 100% the same size as a Roost island. I am glad I don't have to fiddle with the notecard and positions. The Roost sink is way too big, so therefore a new countertop.

I am looking for barstools if anyone has suggestions. The Maya's barstools isn't to my liking, and these here does not fit all the animations. it's the backrest that is causing problems. I am looking for an industrial barstool, black iron and a seat in old wood, no backrest. As long as they are mod, I can place the Maya's barstool animations in them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

So, I've been trying out this add-on: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LI-Addon-Winchester-Extension-w-Patio-31-LI/17888308. Doubt that anyone could ever consider this one as not in theme as the creator has been careful to really blend the extension in with the style of the house. Before I started working on my own add-on this would have been about 80% of what I wanted - two stories on the right of the house, with a big window in back. The only problem I see is that the double-sash windows have a LOD issue and the bottom sash doesn't show up till the avatar is very close, so I think the creator needs to swap those out for another set.

I thought the downstairs great room works better divided into a porch/Florida room area and an inside room, but is too small to have a closed divider. So I inserted a wide arched=opening divider wall. I'm working on some darker-hued rooms now, perhaps in anticipation of fall. I changed the front wall into an exposed brick wall using the LH brick texture. 

House in Progress_048.png

House in Progress_047.png

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 9

Posted (edited)

I do love the Winchester for its useable rooms, even if I love Continental for its outside, the dramatic height and the wrap around porch.

It's not easy to decide what to keep. I miss the veranda, but on the other side, the veranda isn't placed where I want it. Thinking about a huge add-on with flat roof and a veranda on top.

Since the Covenant don't say anything about building to the edge of the plot, why not? It would give a really nice size of the room (s).

But I needed some decor therapy, so more kitchen pictures from the default Winchester largest room.

I got my industrial bar stools! https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/VARONIS-9-OClock-Industrial-Stool/14938042

I show that image without any border effect. They are really great. Low enough LI that I can add the prim with animations, but the stool stay 2 LI.

And I took down the wall words. They looked unsharp.

kitchenb_001.jpg

kitchenb_004.jpg

• Like 15

Posted (edited)

I am changing my garden flowers to Fall colors. Run, don't walk, to Simply Shelby and buy 2 huge Autumn Garden planters for 25 Li each. If I remember it, and can snatch up one of her 25 Li Tuesday specials, I cut them up in separate plants and arrange my own garden groups.

Edit: After 40 minutes unlinking, resizing, recoloring and retexturing, I have a nice autumn selection of plants. Not everyone has a pack of hollyhock textures, including deep black flowers, but I could have colored the bright red hollyhocks to get a deeper, muted color. Plus that I have 2 planters they came in. I will probably make a brick planter instead.

I could stretch many a bit too. They are still 1 LI, some is 1.4 LI and is unwise to link - they will be 3 Li when linked. But several is 0.7 Li and can be linked, and be 1 LI. Not bad for a total of 50 Linden. (I deleted the doubles, the birds and butterflies)

autumn garden_001.jpg

autumn garden_002.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2019 at 5:08 PM, cicelydawn said:

Even with measuring and previewing in world, I went through a few kitchen sets before settling on this one. Now on to the top deck with about 90 LI to spare.

KPXlPTah.jpg

I realize I am a little late reading this particular forum.  You really need alot of time to sit and  enjoy what others have done.  Where is this kitchen from, if I may ask?

On 5/6/2019 at 5:08 PM, cicelydawn said:

23 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Yes, but darn perfect. 

That Hive kitchen is just worth every penny.  It looks good in almost any setting and house.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2019 at 9:54 AM, Marianne Little said:

kitchenaed_002.jpg

I LOVE kitchens with electric guitars in them!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is my Second Expansion for the Alderly. This one is also a 2 story version. Including the original expanded divisions, I have 2 bedrooms, 2 Baths, a Balcony, a Kitchen, a large living area with a fireplace and working curtains. It comes in at 74 LI. Not bad for double the living space. It also leaves more yard to play with. Photo spam ahead, lol

Adderly 1Adderly 2Adderly 3Adderly 4Adderly 5Adderly 6Adderly 7

• Like 12

On 8/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, AveryWitt said:

In general how much of your prim allowance are you using? Is there some percentage rule that you follow to allow for extra items to be rezzed from existing objects? I'm down to 67 prims available and I have started to worry about adding some of those extra little items that are really only decorative.....

I figure I need about 5 to rez out most packages that still open the old way. Beside that, I use every prim available.

• Like 1

I changed the siding/color of my Continental and also added a tower room/library.  It makes a nice cozy spot to read or relax.  I also started to decorate for Fall and can't wait to put up my Halloween stuff.

Continental 2.png

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, Tandy Brandi said:

Sparkly, I love it!  Where is your cupola from? 

Something I put together from different sources.  Parts from here and there.  It is not very precise (especially when you look up close) but it is good enough for me  :)

• Like 4

I finally got a houseboat (not thrilled with the location but I was thrilled to get a boat after clicking on the get a Linden home tab for waaaaaay too long). I've been dinking around with it and am far from done. My main focus is the water, or yard as I have been jokingly referring to it, instead of spending my LI on a kitchen or bathroom etc. inside. The trouble with the waterscaping is that the depth is shallow and it really limits some things. Below the waterline I seem to have developed a bit of a steampunk thing. :) It is still a work in process. (Apparently my files are too big to post all in one go. Sorry.) "Yard" from above, raw screenshot:1691383700_Houseboatyardabove_001.thumb.png.8ba4b4b74f19d795aad365c50b4d3bd2.png

• Like 14