-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

You are too sweet! I've got to test, which means I live in it for awhile, and then make the hud and the rezzer. It's not low LI but considering it's like adding a second house almost - 77 Land Impact isn't too awful.

<=========== anxiously waiting for add-on with finger poised above F5 😀.  That is just how quickly we all want it lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

WHERE DID YOU GET THE MINI HORSE??

And I love that sassy chicken in the front being all like, "Wut you lookin' at?"

Jians precious ponies. . Have a white ridable also, but are to big and heavy for it 🤣 Suits more a child avatar i think.  Yes that chicken 😂

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Elena Core said:

@RaeLeeH, @Elora Lunasea @Opal Gustafson Agree, they are so talented. Plus, I also have some whimsical animals from Half Deer, just magical. My home is plenty of animals from both stores if you want to check them out

Half Deer makes adorable stuff too. 

I tend to collect a LOT of SL animals. It's an addiction!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

At last count I have 18 cats and about 35-40 dogs, all of which are scripted companion and/or wandering types, plus all sorts of static animals that are decoration only.

I might have a problem, but I'm not an addict.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

At last count I have 18 cats and about 35-40 dogs, all of which are scripted companion and/or wandering types, plus all sorts of static animals that are decoration only.

At some point I collected (past tense?) babies... Zooby, Funsies, Lottie Tottie, Enigma, Latin, TwinkleBabe, BabyMania, almost every newborn Black Bantam has ever released... You think you have problems... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/29/2019 at 12:31 AM, Blush Bravin said:

You are too sweet! I've got to test, which means I live in it for awhile, and then make the hud and the rezzer. It's not low LI but considering it's like adding a second house almost - 77 Land Impact isn't too awful.

I think I must log in, and take a sneak peak. Sadly, this add-on does not work for my current spot. No road, and the view facing the"wrong way". But I love it. ❤️ It would have worked so well for my previous home, but, that was then.

image.png.c129fd36eabc9fff7410bdf4ad056b72.png

Where are the curtains from?

• Like 9

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

4 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

At some point I collected (past tense?) babies... Zooby, Funsies, Lottie Tottie, Enigma, Latin, TwinkleBabe, BabyMania, almost every newborn Black Bantam has ever released... You think you have problems... 🤣

I have a nice collection of animals. They are mostly static though because I began collecting years ago before we had all these new animated ones. It was my tradition to buy myself a rezday gift of an expensive animal that I wouldn't spend the money on during the rest of the year. So on my rez day I quite often take them out and remember what was happening in my slife when I bought the animal. I didn't buy any my past two rez days and now I regret it. But August is my rezmonth and I will be reviving that tradition.

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Where are the curtains from?

The curtains are the Xzari Curtain SheerShade - NewPassion. You can find their MP store listed as Xzari Curtains. These default to full bright and are scripted. I loathe almost everything that's full bright so I set the scripts to not run and then delete them. Otherwise they will revert to full bright when I shift copy them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 7/26/2019 at 2:08 PM, Coby Foden said:

More plants added near the entrance.
Also a panther trying to hide among the plants - and a turtle to the other end of the planter (turtle just slightly visible in the second snapshot).

2019-07-26_Winchester-1.thumb.jpg.acd881f25ff1e45fe8b7f156dc6bdcb9.jpg

2019-07-26_Winchester-2.thumb.jpg.468ffd24a1cc663527269d664b265bf0.jpg

How many prims do you have outside I think I spent too much time inside and may have to take items away to do outside. Love the view you have in the back with I could get a waterfront home we have a houseboat in my small family group but have been trying to snag a waterfront home has not happened but love what you did with the side/back yard.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

OMG - Babies CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY   😵

• Haha 3

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/48122617582/in/dateposted-public/

I am using an add-on from Blush, but instead of that screened in version, I throw up walls, windows and door to make a large kitchen. Or it could be a living room. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/48122518596/in/dateposted-public/

On 7/25/2019 at 4:27 AM, Elora Lunasea said:

I like the Continental in theory but darn it's tiny. And the add-on's don't do much help except for one that comes in at something close to 80 prims so NOPE not doing that.

I know the other add-on, the one that is 79LI, for Continental, and it looks so posh and elegant. Again, the garage is on the "wrong" side since it is perfect view that way for my land. Sadly the Winchester will have the closed side - no windows - facing the best view also. Well, I made my choice in abandoning the place that was beside a road, so I have to make the best out of the sides where I have the best view. I love the Continental I have now. 

I ponder the thought of using Winchester again, but I am resisting it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/48122617582/in/dateposted-public/

I am using an add-on from Blush, but instead of that screened in version, I throw up walls, windows and door to make a large kitchen. Or it could be a living room. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/48122518596/in/dateposted-public/

I know the other add-on, the one that is 79LI, for Continental, and it looks so posh and elegant. Again, the garage is on the "wrong" side since it is perfect view that way for my land. Sadly the Winchester will have the closed side - no windows - facing the best view also. Well, I made my choice in abandoning the place that was beside a road, so I have to make the best out of the sides where I have the best view. I love the Continental I have now. 

I ponder the thought of using Winchester again, but I am resisting it.

It would be awesome (hint hint to the Moles/Linden Lab) if we were allowed to turn the house rotation so we could get the view we preferred. I know that's a pipe dream. I have that problem with my houseboat - the area I use for the bedroom (upper area of the Windlass) faces my neighbor while the other end faces open water with no other houseboats in view at all.  And that would have put the living room window on the open water side too.

I'm sure there's a reason they homes are places the way they are but still one can dream...

Edited by Elora Lunasea
clarification
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

It would be awesome (hint hint to the Moles/Linden Lab) if we were allowed to turn the house rotation so we could get the view we preferred. I know that's a pipe dream.

Yeah, one of the moles explained exactly why we can’t. It had to do with the rotation being exactly relative to the rezzer (mailbox or life preserver) / control box position.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

It would be awesome (hint hint to the Moles/Linden Lab) if we were allowed to turn the house rotation so we could get the view we preferred. I know that's a pipe dream. I have that problem with my houseboat - the area I use for the bedroom (upper area of the Windlass) faces my neighbor while the other end faces open water with no other houseboats in view at all.  And that would have put the living room window on the open water side too.

I'm sure there's a reason they homes are places the way they are but still one can dream...

I wouldn't be able to find it now but there was a rather detailled answer by one of the moles - I think it was @Quartz Mole - concerning this when people were complaining their housboat patio faced their neighbours instead of the water. I TRY to quote him as far as I remember:

The houses are in the middle of the plot, around there are trees and stuff. But while you SEE the house on your plot it is really anchored in your postbox so as to not count against your LI. If there would be a possibility to turn them around there might arise situations where you have branches of Mole- trees going through your walls.

As far as the houseboats are concerned he explained that allways one square type and one roundish type were facing one, the other two the opposite direction, so you can choose your view by choosing the boattype.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

• Moles
47 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I wouldn't be able to find it now but there was a rather detailled answer by one of the moles - I think it was @Quartz Mole - concerning this when people were complaining their housboat patio faced their neighbours instead of the water. I TRY to quote him as far as I remember:

The houses are in the middle of the plot, around there are trees and stuff. But while you SEE the house on your plot it is really anchored in your postbox so as to not count against your LI. If there would be a possibility to turn them around there might arise situations where you have branches of Mole- trees going through your walls.

As far as the houseboats are concerned he explained that allways one square type and one roundish type were facing one, the other two the opposite direction, so you can choose your view by choosing the boattype.

I can't remember if I posted about this -- it may very probably have been Abnor -- but certainly we did look at this quite early on and decided it simply wasn't practicable, for the reason given above by Leora.   

That is, the root prim of all the houses is offset quite considerably from the house's apparent centre (where you would expect to find it) to put it somewhere on our LDPW land rather than on the parcel, so that Governor Linden, not the landowner, absorbs the house's LI.

We rapidly realised that, at least for the traditional houses and the houseboats, the requirement that it be possible to rotate the house(boat) on the parcel without ever risking either putting the root prim on someone else's land or putting the root prim on the resident's land and the house on ours would place very burdensome restrictions on us when we were laying out the parcels, and even more irksome constraints on the Moles decorating the regions, at least for the traditional houses.

As resident content creators ourselves, we're very much guided in our design decisions by what we know our customers value and by what we ourselves would like to have in our houses, but that's not always possible to do on a project this size without making unacceptable compromises elsewhere.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.