-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Not entirely sure how well an underwater fireplace would work, *g*, but it's a lovely arrangement nonetheless. :) 

Remembering to turn particles on is the very important key. Then it works fine and dandy and helps dry out the Byzantine camel after he's had his lunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 8/8/2019 at 4:01 PM, RaeLeeH said:

yard.thumb.png.e87f4814328e01482b3a891ca2fc3898.png

Not the best example (and if I had more prims I'd do more) but you get the idea:

Yellow: Land border.

Red: Driveway and garage.

Blue: Porch (wrap-around).

Orange: Entertainment area.

That leaves much smaller sections of land to fill.

Well either you have to fill the garden with plants - or you have to fill the rooms with furniture ;)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well either you have to fill the garden with plants - or you have to fill the rooms with furniture ;)

And have enough spare to rez my baby, can't forget that, she's the most important part! Though I really do wonder sometimes if I should just get a second house for her and clutter the absolute heck out of my Linden Home. Then I think what's the point if I'm not going to essentially live there. So yeah, space for baby = bare garden + semi-cluttered home. But if there does happen to be a super-duper Premium plan down the track with more prims you can bet I'll be all over that! *sighs and dreams of that day*

• Like 7

Well I just wanted to point out that by adding an addon you will not solve any Li Problems - on the contrary.

It covers part of the garden but it wants to be filled with furniture - AND has Li of its own.

I do appreciate your problems with the additional Li for your baby and I LOVE the way you furnished your house nevertheless.

It is very cosy and well done.

• Like 3

In my quest to find ways to reduce prims .. I discovered a gold mine. I forgot to mesh out the planter in front. This planter was 6 land impact. After meshing I got it down to .5 and after linking it with the flowers it netted out at zero. So that was 6 prims found basically.

netzero_001.thumb.png.8064e6a93b9174d2a84ccd42502813c3.png

I also decided that I wanted my backyard to have that beachy feeling I had when I was using the Alderley. So I removed the pergola patio and bbq and got back more prims. With that I started gardening. This is now the view out my backdoor.

1748240996_tobeach_001.thumb.png.34c4e8b9e5d0267b406cf4d8a9474b85.png

I added beach grass, a couple trees, and some tall pampas grass along with my two favorite beach gacha items, the tubes and towel line.

beachyard_001.thumb.png.34057e20f960196a0acfebe20961f6a3.png

I moved the seating area on the upper deck to the opposite side and now the view to the sea is nicely framed with the trees.

framedview_001.thumb.png.5317f7ae4d132cf2b7df0dfe44690f42.png

• Like 17

6 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

And have enough spare to rez my baby, can't forget that, she's the most important part! Though I really do wonder sometimes if I should just get a second house for her and clutter the absolute heck out of my Linden Home. Then I think what's the point if I'm not going to essentially live there. So yeah, space for baby = bare garden + semi-cluttered home. But if there does happen to be a super-duper Premium plan down the track with more prims you can bet I'll be all over that! *sighs and dreams of that day*

I kept some mainland just so I'd have a place for all my kitties and doggies to run around.  Even then, I still don't have enough LI for all of them.

• Like 3

On 8/8/2019 at 7:30 AM, Elora Lunasea said:

I seem to remember seeing an add on for the Adams for a glass enclosed great room.  

I know @Teager hasn't released hers (waits semi-patiently...)

I can always wait for Teager to release hers but if there's one I've missed to use in the interim, links would be appreciated!  

Sorry about that ❤️ I do still intend to finish it but I've  hit a bit of a rough patch irl that's slowed down all of my projects, including the Adams addon. I really appreciate your patience! Rest assured it's not abandoned ❤️

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Teager said:

Sorry about that ❤️ I do still intend to finish it but I've  hit a bit of a rough patch irl that's slowed down all of my projects, including the Adams addon. I really appreciate your patience! Rest assured it's not abandoned ❤️

Goodness, take your time!

I change houses/decor so frequently that I can wait lol. I'm fickle like that 😋

The only one I have not really touched much since I started it is the houseboat - I'm pretty satisfied with it overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2019 at 11:28 AM, Leora Jacobus said:

Well I just wanted to point out that by adding an addon you will not solve any Li Problems - on the contrary.

It covers part of the garden but it wants to be filled with furniture - AND has Li of its own.

I do appreciate your problems with the additional Li for your baby and I LOVE the way you furnished your house nevertheless.

It is very cosy and well done.

I have a big wrap around for Continental from Blushed. I solved some LI by boxing in a part. It looks like a part of the house, like a spare room. It is not. Even with modest furniture like a rocking chair, it would be more LI. I miss outdoor things to hang on the wall. This is against my backyard.

fake room_001.jpg

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Goodness, take your time!

I change houses/decor so frequently that I can wait lol. I'm fickle like that 😋

The only one I have not really touched much since I started it is the houseboat - I'm pretty satisfied with it overall.

I am working on an extension build of my own right now, and it’s been a reminder of just how much work is involved in getting it right. In my case, it’s been a while since I’ve done building and it was so long ago that it was pre-mesh, so not only do I have to re-learn old techniques, I’ve got to learn how to export mesh, get all the details right as far as that goes, and then import back into SL.

As far as the builders who have released add-ones so far, I consider Blushed and Fayded to be the best. There’s one creator who I won’t buy stuff from anymore, and another whose first build was pretty great, but who has had some quality control issues with some subsequent builds. Possibly they are rushing to market with the newer ones.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

<...As far as the builders who have released add-ones so far, I consider Blushed and Fayded to be the best. There’s one creator who I won’t buy stuff from anymore, and another whose first build was pretty great, but who has had some quality control issues with some subsequent builds. Possibly they are rushing to market with the newer ones.

Totally agree on this.

One creator that I purchased from via the Marketplace, the item looked quite nice but the door was built way too large on it. However, I happened to see another one of that persons add ons in world for another house model that looked a LOT better than the one I purchased blind from the Marketplace. So much so that I didn't realize it was the same person until I looked it up. Bought that one and it was much better because it was a sliding door instead of a swing door with no hardware to float a foot over my head 😋. I'm happy with that one although in the end, I wound up using Blush's add on anyway because it was more in keeping with the feel of the house - the Continental which was just screaming for the porch to be used on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I am working on an extension build of my own right now, and it’s been a reminder of just how much work is involved in getting it right...

As far as the builders who have released add-ones so far, I consider Blushed and Fayded to be the best...

This is exactly what I'm doing, but to be fair I glean inspiration from everyone else. That usually means I'll buy their items, use it for a while, pull it apart if it's mod and add my own bits and pieces until I get frustrated enough to knuckle down and build it myself. Then get twice as frustrated that the end result doesn't look anywhere near as good as the bought purchases, so the cycle continues again.

My personal recommendations: Blush, Fayded, Teegle, Bunny Creek, ChiC Buildings.

6 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

One creator that I purchased from via the Marketplace, the item looked quite nice but the door was built way too large on it...

One thing I will say is that the doorways themselves in the Linden Homes are HUGE. If they are empty (as with the Adams* style and have no doors) that's easy enough to modify with glass pane set into the frame itself to shorten the height some. But if there are doors included (as with the Alderley*) then you're stuck with what you've got. By that I mean personally from a building perspective I like uniformity where possible. As the LH doorways and doors are so tall, if I include a door that's short and more accommodating in terms of RL height then it will look out of balance and less uniform compared to the rest and exactly like an add-on or afterthought. That might be a reason why the doors are so large. Not excusing bad builds, and I'm by no means an expert, but just wondering if that's the case here.

*Hope I have the house style names correct. Not in-world to check, just going from memory.

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added the last sentence part thingy there.
  • Like 2

I'm sure this has been asked and answered pages and pages ago...and I am also sure the answer at the moment is "NO" but asking anyway.

Has anyone created a way to change the exterior siding of the homes yet? Similar to the interior mesh walls to recolor rooms (which FYI is working really well for me).

I'm currently using the Continental and for me personally, the colors LL give us for siding are ok, but not Victorian at all. I'm using white, it's the best pick for this type of home, but really want to make it look more authentic. I've used Blush's porch, so I was able to color the ceiling with the blue supplied and click on "full bright" which lightened it up substantially to a much lighter tone - porch ceilings traditionally were painted a light blue on Victorian homes to ward off spirits (and other reasons). I'll be able to recolor the shutters also, so that's good. 

That might be enough; white is traditional and with contrasting shutters may be enough but I'd really love to color the house itself too. So is there something I've missed or do I have to make do as is?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Eliza Wrigglesworth said:

I bought Chic Aeon's Cedar Siding Add-on, and tinted the grey siding purple. I believe Marianne Little is going to release hers soon as well.

Um. I got hit by RL. I have said someplace else that one of the reasons I am afraid to have a store, is my health problems. After I posted about panel sidings, I had a day with 16 hours in bed. The three following days wasn't so good either. 😧

It is hard to pick up where I left. It does not help that I am too eager when I am working on something, and forget to name what I upload. I have a lot of objects named "plane" and "cube".

I want so much, but have a hard time finishing it. I feel bad, because I am leading you on. I should post everything with a disclaimer.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Um. I got hit by RL. I have said someplace else that one of the reasons I am afraid to have a store, is my health problems. After I posted about panel sidings, I had a day with 16 hours in bed. The three following days wasn't so good either. 😧

It is hard to pick up where I left. It does not help that I am too eager when I am working on something, and forget to name what I upload. I have a lot of objects named "plane" and "cube".

I want so much, but have a hard time finishing it. I feel bad, because I am leading you on. I should post everything with a disclaimer.

Hey, I totally understand about RL. I'm sure we all do. I've gone through time periods where health played into keeping me from doing a lot of what I wanted to so I empathize completely.  One does what one can, when one can ♥️

Now I'm wondering if the house I saw wandering around belonged to Eliza. It was a while back but I was sure I had seen at least one house with a color that was NOT a Liinden one!  And I was also positive it was purple so at least I'm not imaging that.  Using Chic's siding and tinting it would work perfectly I'm sure so I'll take a look at that later today. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eliza Wrigglesworth said:
15 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Has anyone created a way to change the exterior siding of the homes yet? Similar to the interior mesh walls to recolor rooms (which FYI is working really well for me).

I'm currently using the Continental and for me personally, the colors LL give us for siding are ok, but not Victorian at all.

I bought Chic Aeon's Cedar Siding Add-on, and tinted the grey siding purple. I believe Marianne Little is going to release hers soon as well.

Chic's add-on is designed for the Continental, and is 4 wood tones (gray, light cedar or birch type wood, medium wood, dark wood), and also allows for bricks around the door.  Tinting the grey would likely work pretty well for getting a blue color of some sort.  Additionally, since it is Mod, you can just use whatever texture you want.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All, here is my version of a full Winchester Expansion/Addition. This covers both the original house with texture change walls and a bedroom with bath on the second floor. The largest original room is now a generous kitchen with room for a kitchen table. I'll probably use the original bedroom as a guest room since the new addition has a great room for living and dining as well as a master bedroom with a generous bath and a closet. There is so much room in the addition. I added the addition to the side with the porch since there was a door there and moved the porch to the opposite side of the new addition. I'll do pictures of the changes I made to the original house later. Below are just images of the addition. It comes in at 83 LI without the closet. The closet is an extra 5. Oh, Second Balcony facing the sea too.

Winchester Partition 3 14Winchester Partition 3 2Winchester Partition 3 3Winchester Partition 3 1Winchester Partition 3 4Winchester Partition 3 5Winchester Partition 3 9Winchester Partition 3 6Winchester Partition 3 7Winchester Partition 3 10Winchester Partition 3 11Winchester Partition 3 12Winchester Partition 3 16Winchester Partition 3 13

Edited by Trinity Aironaut
  • Like 18

Beautiful but 93LI!!  The one I am working on is two stories like yours but has a 2-story picture window in back, with the second story lofted there...and the second story wraps around the back, with access to the extension from the existing balcony. And I didn’t add a balcony in front. Trying to reduce the build LI  by making the walls mesh, but I am new to building with it so it will take me a while.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Beautiful but 93LI!!  The one I am working on is two stories like yours but has a 2-story picture window in back, with the second story lofted there...and the second story wraps around the back, with access to the extension from the existing balcony. And I didn’t add a balcony in front. Trying to reduce the build LI  by making the walls mesh, but I am new to building with it so it will take me a while.

Mine is mesh, the devil is in the details and the treads on the stairs. lol and it's 83.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Marianne. I understand about getting excited and not naming the things you make. I have a lot of "object" boxes in my inventory :). Don't feel like you've led anyone on, because you left a very easy to follow tutorial on what you were doing. A little patience and time, and I could go crazy making a few hundred more "object" boxes!

Feel better soon!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Hey, I totally understand about RL. I'm sure we all do. I've gone through time periods where health played into keeping me from doing a lot of what I wanted to so I empathize completely.  One does what one can, when one can ♥️

Now I'm wondering if the house I saw wandering around belonged to Eliza. It was a while back but I was sure I had seen at least one house with a color that was NOT a Liinden one!  And I was also positive it was purple so at least I'm not imaging that.  Using Chic's siding and tinting it would work perfectly I'm sure so I'll take a look at that later today. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fangor/102/17/23  Everyone's welcome any time!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.