-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On behalf of Lady Hepta, the six-armed Octopus, her squid court and assorted and sundry minions, you are all most cordially and enthusiastically invited to join us in the Octopus' Garden, resident for the month of August at the Bell Dwell Guest House in the Dockside region of Bellisseria.

It happened on very short notice, so it's still a bit of a work in progress but there are two dance floors courtesy of Disco Bacchus and his magic balls, places to hang out and chill, birthday cake, things to explore and sights to behold.

Enormous thanks to Bryce and everyone at the The Bellisserian newspaper for giving us this wonderful opportunity through their raffle. It is very much appreciated. Please come and help us make the most of it :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dockside/81/5/22

2137329425_Bellisseriaback_001.thumb.png.3b90c74fc8c33d33c65b307f4ae9fd14.png

263244022_Bellisseria1_001.thumb.png.651ab97093c5402ff379912de8dd589f.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

On 7/29/2019 at 3:32 PM, Opal Gustafson said:

In my backyard today.  I had to let some of  the farm animals be outside the closet 😄

bb.png

Love it love  it love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that white chicken is literarlly posing, what a diva

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/28/2019 at 1:40 PM, Blush Bravin said:

This is the back hall. 

541380954_backhall_001.thumb.png.e0152f7956026f6e6e20adddbc54497c.png

I just love this bathroom. It is so light and airy.

bath_001.thumb.png.db09a63af09e23c6e67b6bc8660085c6.png

But my favorite space is my new bedroom.

bedroom_001.thumb.png.51c3fabad33f6838bb09dc31b64fc233.png

bedroom2_001.thumb.png.740bb0b9153e7b99a781c47b7cf2fa17.png

I've got 53 prims left for furnishing. I'm going to have to be really creative. But again, I love the architecture of the home and that's what I really want to showcase and not a bunch of clutter. 

back_001.png

Love the house. Where did you get the add-ons for this? I've only seen the add-on for the bathroom on the 2nd story but not on the bottom level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwinkleLane17 said:

Love the house. Where did you get the add-ons for this? I've only seen the add-on for the bathroom on the 2nd story but not on the bottom level.

I can answer in case Blush is busy in RL. She will sell this add-on , but she will live in it a bit first. Then she will pack it and put it for sale on the Marketplace.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Well I think I am FINALLY getting my upstairs a bit more homey. Down to very few land impact point of course ^^ so choices have to be made.

777814609_favoritethings.thumb.jpg.fcc8e1fcc337c4b6b11bcb4795acae47.jpg

Since I am not someone who like small rooms and enclosed spaces I decided that a room divider would be more to my liking. I didn't really MIND my bed being in the same room as the office (I have lived like that in RL a few times) but the divider does define the spaces better.  A couple of  plants and the turtle got picked up so I could have the divider (3 li) and my favorite plant (3li); the books and magazines are only 1 li happily.   

808397201_favoritethings2.thumb.jpg.bced3b5c38342da0370aaa906ab61a19.jpg

So leaving it as is for awhile to let it percolate.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 21

The current look for my humble home.  I have gone through just about all the styles, and settled on the Adams.  It is a cute little house with just enough space.  I really liked the Winchester, but so does everyone else on my street.  So, I decided to stick with the Adams .... for now ...    :)

Adams.png

• Like 25

4 hours ago, MissGoldieHeart said:

I had no idea we could decorate beneath the boathouse! There's more potential to this than I thought. Anybody got some good ideas for decorating a boathouse? 

You're welcome to see what I've done. I only have the houseboat for a month, so it had to be put together quickly (and all of my ideas were for a trailer, a traditional house or adapting it into an art installation in one of the old Meadowbrook houses) and the underwater part was trickiest. I did want to make the most of it while I have it and probably went a bit, erm, overboard ;)

It's a giant open plan space, and I do mean giant. Because it's so temporary, I went with what I had or could get quickly and for free (AleyMart on the MP). None of the neighbours have done much with their underwater areas, so it's just endless posts stretching on forever. Screening those out made my space feel less daunting, but someone clever could figure out how to incorporate it. Neighbours working together could create something really special. Even a few plants down there would help.

As none of the neighbours were using theirs though, I figured they wouldn't exactly be bothered by some exuberance in mine :) so I set it out to please myself, the Octopus, and hopefully intrigue those who stop by and tempt them to stay awhile.

Under the houseboat itself, the sand slopes upwards. I haven't really figured out how to use that space yet. It's rather pleasant though, like a secret room.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dockside/73/36/16

Have others done much with their underwater areas? I've only seen a few pictures.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Have others done much with their underwater areas? I've only seen a few pictures.

I have started but I am not finished.  So far I have some seaweed,  starfish that makes ocean noises, an orbiting shark and my Jian turtle and there is even a little goldfish swimming around in one of the weeds.  Sorry, not the best pic.  I think under the water is the last area people think to decorate as it is really not that visual.    You have done a great job with yours!

shark_002.jpg

• Like 9

Final update! I'm going to be living in this home for a very long time.

Kitchen all cluttered out

kitchenclutter_001.thumb.png.74e43eee0dc8b76cfbe5e1feec223df7.png

The lounge now has a few items to make it feel cozy.

lounge2_001.thumb.png.8c7c66b73df30959a2aeb19d9fa39609.png

The upper deck has my favorite bench. I've only got 11 land impact left so looking for a couple very low LI items to finish off this space. 

upperdeck_001.thumb.png.e483025626975b565f85ca7312cee093.png

When I began this remodel I removed my home from the Tour of Homes. I'm going to be adding it back in but until then if anyone would like to visit please feel free to do so. Here's the slurl - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Washburn/17/90/38

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

@Blush Bravin that's an accomplished makeover, what a great look!

This is the ground floor of my partner's houseboat, which I have been decorating.

It's a Barnacle.

I took inspiration from a previous poster who used a lot of dark colours inside her HB to get the feeling of the light flooding in from outside.

I blocked in part of the staircase, this made the layout easier for me to deal with.

Not many extras as it is taking me a while to update my inventory after being away so long. Also I'm finding it a challenge to place extra things without them upsetting the calm look I was after. This really is a skill that I'm trying to learn.

Old Linden_004 (2).png

Old Linden_008 (2).png

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

The upper deck has my favorite bench. I've only got 11 land impact left so looking for a couple very low LI items to finish off this space. 

upperdeck_001.thumb.png.e483025626975b565f85ca7312cee093.png

When I began this remodel I removed my home from the Tour of Homes. I'm going to be adding it back in but until then if anyone would like to visit please feel free to do so. Here's the slurl - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Washburn/17/90/38

11 LI left, I know that feeling... :( Is the other rooms finished as you want them?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

11 LI left, I know that feeling... :( Is the other rooms finished as you want them?

Pretty much yes. I might find one or two 1LI items for the lounge. I'm thinking a little table next to the bench with a tall glass of something along with a couple 1LI plants will do it for the upper deck. I'd like to have 5 LI left for rezzing packages but honestly I can always run to a premium sandbox to unbox things if I really want to use all the prims. :) 

It's amazing what you can do with 10 LI these days. :P 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Pretty much yes. I might find one or two 1LI items for the lounge. I'm thinking a little table next to the bench with a tall glass of something along with a couple 1LI plants will do it for the upper deck. I'd like to have 5 LI left for rezzing packages but honestly I can always run to a premium sandbox to unbox things if I really want to use all the prims. :) 

It's amazing what you can do with 10 LI these days. :P 

Carpets, rugs, plants - the things that add more of that lived-in feeling. 😃

• Like 1

I feel so weird looking at my neighbors homes... But then this morning I caught a neighbor straight up standing at my front door face pressed into the wall. At least when I cam out to look at their decorating I sit inside my own house... Just a random thought for the day. Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

23 minutes ago, Mae Omizu said:

I feel so weird looking at my neighbors homes... But then this morning I caught a neighbor straight up standing at my front door face pressed into the wall. At least when I cam out to look at their decorating I sit inside my own house... Just a random thought for the day. Haha.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Doberman-Standing-Mesh-Full-Perm/6969433

• Haha 4

@Blush Bravin I absolutely love your kitchen but your bathroom steals the show for me. It's an amazing build, and I think it's brave architecture to be adding more space with such limited prims while still being able to maintain a homely feel (or a house that actually feels like it has a soul, not just a nice shell to hold a few interesting pieces of furniture). Just amazing. I'm in awe at what you can do! ❤️ 

Suggestion: the Primpossible fish tank? I think it's free from memory at their in world store and 1 LI. I removed my Bazar traveler's desk and chair to save prims and dropped that down in it's place in my Adams earlier which is what had me thinking of it. It fills the space nicely and one of the wood texture options looks similar to the wood you have in some of your pieces. Just a thought?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.